• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Me vs. my dad in contrast

Sineva

I thought maybe describing the clash/conflict/opposition I have with my dad could help determine both of our types easier, than trying to explain the individual qualities of me and him for typing.

Our general conviction is that he's an xxTJ and I'm an xxTP.

He is extremely attached to his value system and his vision of the world, to a point of paranoia. He's so convinced in his values/morality being true/correct, that anyone who attempts to oppose or question his moral compass might end up getting punched in the face. He often talks about the importance of being "moral", "authentic", "spiritual", "just", "dutiful", "loyal". And if you even invent a very convincing logically constructed argument that any of his moral beliefs are flawed in the real world, he'll start viewing you as a foe/enemy, and treat you as one. But he is more open to his logic or knowledge being questioned, and he's very open to new facts or information about the world, as long as that information isn't directly related to or damaging to his value system.

I'm somewhat of the opposite version of him. I don't mind my values/morality being questioned. All the better, if someone can point out the wrongness and/or inconsistencies in my values from an objective logical standpoint, I'll definitely welcome it. Doesn't mean I will readjust my values even if I'm convinced by someone that they're wrong, but the feedback I receive will serve as pleasant food for thought which I will digest for months or even years. It also doesn't mean that I will seek to be moral or true to any value system, especially considering that I'm more of a natural "rebel" when it comes to values and morals. So if a person says I'm immoral or amoral, I'd laugh it off and agree: "Well, fuck, that's awesome! Being good is boring anyway!"
But whenever my logic is questioned, that's when I tend to flare up. This is because I put a lot of effort into ensuring logical consistency in my thoughts/ideas/opinions. And when someone comes to challenge them, by default I feel like my carefully constructed logic is being attacked by an elephant in a dish shop, who was unlikely to put as much effort into logical consistency as I did, but still thinks he's more right than I am.

So, would my dad being an xxTJ and me being an xxTP hold true?