• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lana del Rey as Pop Culture Representation of Divine Feminine and Rejected Archetypes

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Monstrosity! ew, that "make up face paint look alike thing" is weird.

Ariana-Grande.jpg

I feel like her record label is trying to market her to pedophiles or is it just me? it sucks, I think we both perpetually look like we are teenagers and are both kind of smalll : (

ariana-mac.jpg

ariana-grande5.jpg

it's because you're a woman and you cannot understand how from a heterosexual male point of view how ravishing and beautiful she is
:wubbie:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ariana Grande on Twitter: "just found out my grandparents are heavily greek and part north african.... I thought I was Italian... who am i ? my whole life is a lie"

Is Italian considered white/Caucasian though? I'm actually not only "Caucasian" though, I am actually bi-racial but again it illicits strange reactions.

And to be fair, LANA DEL RAY HAS HAD ALL KINDS OF PLASTIC SURGERY AND SHE FAKE AND BAKES AS WELL WHICH IS TERRIBLE IF YOU ARE FAIR SKINNED, AND ALSO, MANY PEOPLE HAVE COMMENTED THAT SHE SEEMED A LITTLE HISTRIONIC OR KIND OF ARTIFICIAL AND FAKE.

Ok? You just asked me if Arianna Grande tans and I said it looks pretty obvious that she does, so I'm not sure what your point is. You're clearly welcome to make your own thread about Arianna Grande. All I said is she isn't my type. As a vegan I also notice when some people use it as excuse to lose too much weight.

Edit: Yes Greek, Italian and Arabic people are Caucasian.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Monstrosity! ew, that "make up face paint look alike thing" is weird.

Ariana-Grande.jpg

I feel like her record label is trying to market her to pedophiles or is it just me? it sucks, I think we both perpetually look like we are teenagers and are both kind of smalll : (

ariana-mac.jpg

ariana-grande5.jpg

it's because you're a woman and you cannot understand how from a heterosexual male point of view how ravishing and beautiful she is

She's not naturally that small. She was curvier at 17 than she is at 22-23. Again, all I said is she isn't my type? I'm sure there are women who are attracted to her. Please feel free to make your own Arianna goddess thread. Just don't do it here. Thanks.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=6877]Thalassa[/MENTION]

Do you think a rich posh girl would date me? SERIOUSLY, I live in a place where alot of really wealthy people, or a good substantial portion of the people are and I swear some of the girls some give me attention are from rich families.

Would they date me? or maybe they just want to slum it with me for fun, I don't know. It's just so weird, some of them look like models and stuff, I JUST DON'T GET WHY WITH MY RIPPED AND WORN OUT CLOTHES AND WAIFISH LOOKS I GET ATTENTION FROM SOME OF THEM, ESPECIALLY ONES THAT LOOK LIKE SUPER MODELS.

GET OUT!!!!

Venus Rose

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As for why you get attention, we are often attracted to our opposite. Maybe they are tired of people that are/look more like them.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As for why you get attention, we are often attracted to our opposite. Maybe they are tired of people that are/look more like them.

It's like Romeo and Juliet, or The Lady and The Tramp :cry:

I need to find my magical lamp : (

Oh and look Ariana's a real musician
ariana-grande-performing.jpg

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
It's like Romeo and Juliet, or The Lady and The Tramp :cry:

I need to find my magical lamp : (

Oh and look Ariana's a real musician
ariana-grande-performing.jpg

OK look I get that you like Arianna Grande, but you have posted about ten photos of her now and have said very little about her music and mostly just about her appearance. I just personally am not attracted to her, partially because she has the figure of a 14 year old girl - one of the subconscious goals of anorexia is to erase signs of puberty to return to a more child-like state, and yes I agree it's probably being used by producers to market to pedos, or hebephiles. Also I really don't enjoy her personality, I find her to be fake and bitchy...it has nothing to do with me being a bisexual woman and you being a straight man, there are plenty of straight men who don't like adolescent looking women, and plenty of bisexual or lesbian women who think she's hot.

Another example of a woman I find very attractive is Emma Stone. Looks and personality.

e7adc27101a155bdcd89d7712a43f148.jpg

f2fe1f89e3d29d2f7aa7a2f20fd6032b.jpg

I also liked Julianne Moore when she was a few years younger.

HOWEVER, this isn't a thread about people you want to bang? We definitely got off topic but all of this Arianna Grande overkill is starting to look like you might be trolling.

Also [MENTION=25922]Blackout[/MENTION]...

The healthy, pretty teenaged girl on the left is Arianna Grande before she started "dieting."

3a79bd50a048fc052680ff28cecd9e57.jpg

She weirdly managed to look younger in her twenties than in her late teens. I'm not saying baseless things here. She isn't just "naturally small "..ironically she would have been more my type at a slightly heavier weight because of her hips, and before she started acting like a raging diva monster. It simply doesn't appeal to me.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Speaking of pedos/hebephiles. .to get back on target...Lolita by Nabokov is a novel Lana del Rey has referenced at least twice (actually I believe three times but can't recall at the moment).

It's interesting that in her early music she acted out the Lolita archetype with film clips in the background. ..but later she wrote Carmen, a much darker and more sinister reference to the actual Nabokov novel that you'll only pick up on if you actually read it. I love how she handles both the superficial "fun" Lolita pop culture image, but then wrote a song about the reality behind the image. I honestly think Lolita and Carmen should have been on the same album, to make this more apparent, but alas you can't have everything.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes...I really like it when artists are well read and culturally aware and play with references/concepts, pay homage to the past at times it's much more enjoyable and a gratifying experience.

I can't stand it when artists just come out and were obviously influenced by past fads who generally only as well write superfluous music that yet somehow catches on and being popular and some kind of new standard that in the end only sort of lowers the bar that was set in the past and erased all the great work that was made.

I don't think Ariana is that anorexic looking though, she's still within the range of healthy and I don't really think she looks too young either. I guess she's sort of "baby-faced" but I am as well so it doesn't really bother or weird me out. She actually looks really fit and healthy to me...
She does look a little too thin in some photos though.
I honestly don't really find Emma Stone attractive at all.

SHE LOOKS REALLY HEALTHY HERE!!:wubbie:

I THINK EVEN THOUGH WE ARE VERY DIFFERENT IN SOME WAYS, WE HAVE SIMILAR PERSONALITIES, OR I GET THAT FEELING, and no I don't think that's just a "protection" I'm generally pretty good and have been right/accurate in the past about sensing those things. I think she is the most attractive celebrity right now, I cannot really think of many other ones. I don't think celebrities are ever really all that attractive and I don't get what gets decided on in that sense in Hollywood.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=28390]Rose for a Heart[/MENTION]

Thank you for sharing such a personal experience. I actually got in trouble in that particular thread for becoming angry with people who were mocking Lana, because of identification with her myself, but also because it just strikes me as cruel, senseless mocking of a sensitive and vulnerable person who really puts herself out there, as an artist. She's so kind, she hugs and kisses her fans, always stops for them, unless they are stalkers or assholes, or something. No matter how angry she looks sometimes at the press, I've never seen her direct it towards even an annoying /needy fan...if anything, at those times she appears concerned.

It also kind of relates to what you are saying about the mentally ill, because around the same time, a few of the same people were having a bit too much fun mocking Amanda Bynes breakdown...then I asked how this potentially only usually applies to "crazy" women. ..that some how when a man breaks down we are still supposed to respect him. I've even seen some men being apologists for mass public shooters.

I think it is possible that Lana is Histrionic. BPD could be another option, I become very weary when people suggest she's a narcissist, which is ridiculous because she's so empathetic, sensitive and good to total strangers.

Lana gives people hope. She makes me feel less alone. It's powerful that so many others have experienced something similar. Maybe it's not "mental illness" after all.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
In fact, I just want to put as a qualifier here to justify my statement about "crazy women" vs. emotionally unstable men in our culture, just take into consideration nearly half of the US population is willing to vote Donald Trump for president. Of the country.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anyway If I were to describe what I find artistically pleasing or ingenious about Ariana Grande's work is her dancing.

See, I really do appreciate her work as an artist.
tumblr_lywky0GgWU1r4kfic.gif

Duffy

^Forever 2.0

Just to dive deeper into the "you are lying!" thing. I do get the impression (but I could be wrong) that she does seem to force herself to be a certain way. I don't want to call her a fake as I think it might be because of very deep fears. If you suggest Histrionic PD for her, it's possible she is E2. And in that case, someone unhealthy is going to try their hardest to appear nice and caring, because that is what they want to be seen as. It might even look "contrived" to those who cannot empathize with her. But I always saw something deeper there, as in even if you are acting out of fear of punishment ("If I don't act this way I won't be accepted/loved, I will not exist") it really, really does not imply it's not coming from a genuine place. Look at what the E2 can do - they are naturally empathetic people who are good at gauging and responding to others' needs. Even when unhealthy, this part of them is working. They aren't worthless and it's not as simple as "oh she's lying!!!" ugh.

I think she's e3. I do see some shades of e2 and e4. She embraces her image too much for a 4, and she's a bit too enigmatic and humble for a 2.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Anyway If I were to describe what I find artistically pleasing or ingenious about Ariana Grande's work is her dancing.

See, I really do appreciate her work as an artist.
tumblr_lywky0GgWU1r4kfic.gif

Are you doing this just to be a jerk? I thought we were having a good conversation for a while but really you are just being oppositional defiant for no reason at all. You don't have to delve very deeply to say someone is a good dancer.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Just to dive deeper into the "you are lying!" thing. I do get the impression (but I could be wrong) that she does seem to force herself to be a certain way. I don't want to call her a fake as I think it might be because of very deep fears. If you suggest Histrionic PD for her, it's possible she is E2. And in that case, someone unhealthy is going to try their hardest to appear nice and caring, because that is what they want to be seen as. It might even look "contrived" to those who cannot empathize with her. But I always saw something deeper there, as in even if you are acting out of fear of punishment ("If I don't act this way I won't be accepted/loved, I will not exist") it really, really does not imply it's not coming from a genuine place. Look at what the E2 can do - they are naturally empathetic people who are good at gauging and responding to others' needs. Even when unhealthy, this part of them is working. They aren't worthless and it's not as simple as "oh she's lying!!!" ugh.

Just wanted to use her as an example to demonstrate that telling someone who is that ill (maybe Lana is or isn't, but basically someone in a really unhealthy and dark place) that they are in fact just "faking" it while the person desperately looks to you for validation that's a frickin deepest and worst psychological wound you can ever inflict on someone, if they survive that crap at all. A lot of times we do, and we get out stronger because we have to believe in ourselves when no one else does. But I want people to stop doing this.

I don't think there's anything fake about her emotions, it's not a sickening sugary sweet "niceness" like I've seen with some other celebrities, in fact she has told people "fuck you"...she's cussed people out in Twitter, I think one of her managers or something told her to stop it, because she seems more controlled now. Histrionics don't have "fake" emotions- they're often overly concerned with appearance and usually only recognize mental health issues after breakups of relationships, or something similar. Their emotions are extremely intense and may APPEAR dramatic to people who aren't as reactive, or feel as deeply. Sexuality can be used in an inappropriate manner to get attention, and they're often charming, likable, charismatic people until they have a breakdown. Histrionics are naturally empathetic, it's not the calculation of a NPD or ASPD. I just said it was a possibility, I can't really know for certain. I was diagnosed with HPD in my twenties...Histrionics can also assume greater intimacy than other people would in the same situation, which may serve to explain why she tries so hard to connect with her fans. Not for show but because she craves intimacy and attention above all else. Some people have asked is it even a disorder or was this a label used to describe emotional women, since women are overwhelmingly diagnosed with HPD more than men.

I think she's an E9, my second guess is E4. Remember 9s like to meld, and their fixation is Holy Love.

E2 doesn't seem quite right, imo.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Emotions aren't fake though. I'm on my phone so please forgive the formatting. I meant that with illness comes a desperation to stick to a certain image no matter what, which is why people see the image and think oh she's just being over dramatic etc other cruel things when in fact that they are rooted in very real emotions and very real personal tendencies of the person. Mental illness is often used to invalidate the person's opinions when it shouldn't be

I'm clarifying because actually narcissists and sociopaths do use "emotional intelligence" in a calculated, manipulative manner. BPD and HPD does not. One of the reasons there seem to be so many "fake" celebrities is the prevalence of NPD among the famous, but there's also a lot of bipolar disorder among creative types, and HPD or BPD is a better fit for wounded, or dark performers who fulfill shadow types...to me though Courtney Love seems more like she has BPD. She's great, but she has also been mocked, and seems to completely lack emotional control, where Lana does not have complete loss of control, but it's always close to the surface.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you doing this just to be a jerk? I thought we were having a good conversation for a while but really you are just being oppositional defiant for no reason at all. You don't have to delve very deeply to say someone is a good dancer.

I am sorry, I do not understand artistic expression or Lana Del Ray as well as you do :(