• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lana del Rey as Pop Culture Representation of Divine Feminine and Rejected Archetypes

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
omg, okay I don't know if you're saying that I should "go after what I want" via, Matt Bellamy but no I have no I did not mean in that way :unsure:

I don't really feel like I need to meet him, I just think it's weird.

One day I will meet Ariana Grande, Mexican princess :mellow::wubbie:

Wha, Marilyn is your mother and Elvis is your father? I don't understand this thread at all, are you trying to say that Lana Del Ray is like some kind of messianic figure but then that it's not good to worship celebrities, but it's not like that well Lana cuz she is the holy one incarnated with breasts?

images

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Isn't like, "The divine feminine" sort of an archetype and isn't it sort of closely tied/or relating to 'Goddess' ones at that?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
omg, okay I don't know if you're saying that I should "go after what I want" via, Matt Bellamy but no I have no I did not mean in that way :unsure:

I don't really feel like I need to meet him, I just think it's weird.

One day I will meet Ariana Grande, Mexican princess :mellow::wubbie:

Wha, Marilyn is your mother and Elvis is your father? I don't understand this thread at all, are you trying to say that Lana Del Ray is like some kind of messianic figure but then that it's not good to worship celebrities, but it's not like that well Lana cuz she is the holy one incarnated with breasts?

images

Arianna Grande, is Italian, not Mexican, and well, whatever turns you on. She's not my type. Im glad she's vegan. Me too.

Marilyn is my mother, Elvis is my father, Jesus is my bestest friend. ..is from the film Tropico. It's a line from Gods and Monsters. Excuse me for assuming you were that much of a fan. A lot of times fans unite via old song lyrics or visual style (flower crown, etc).

I really love Lana. I know some people love Madonna that way. I know individuals who still love Marilyn Monroe that way. Lana is it for me. Maybe not for you. Every song she sings outlines my soul in red wine. I also love that she's vegetarian. I find a lot to love about her. I don't expect that level from EVERYONE. I would be stoked to meet Lilly Allen fans who like Tofurky.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Isn't like, "The divine feminine" sort of an archetype and isn't it sort of closely tied/or relating to 'Goddess' ones at that?

Yes. I think in Born to Die the video was most representative of "the goddess" archetype of any of Lana's work. But the goddesses can be divided into various archetypes, which she represents. I can name several examples of the Divine feminine. Lana channels that in a lot of her music. The goddesses are love, warrior, intellectual, etc.

Lana studied metaphysics, so she knows all this. That's why it's obviously intended, not that at this point it could ever be qualified as "incidental" or accidental.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well yes, practicing music and being around a fair number of successful artists and musicians has taken the mystery out of it and a bit and kind of sullied it for me I suppose. It's hard to really see anyone from such a high pedestal anymore. Actually, if anything it makes me feel and a little disappointed when I think about the subject too much.

Can you actually study metaphysics at college? that's dope, that's what I want to do.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well yes, practicing music and being around a fair number of successful artists and musicians has taken the mystery out of it and a bit and kind of sullied it for me I suppose. It's hard to really see anyone from such a high pedestal anymore. Actually, if anything it makes me feel and a little disappointed when I think about the subject too much.

Can you actually study metaphysics at college? that's dope, that's what I want to do.

Yes you can. It's what I wanted to do at 15. There was an unbelievable metaphysical lab at Duke. Lana went to NYU. Sometimes I romantically consider she might have been my soul mate.

Realistically, I majored in literature, she's also a great literary writer, and we both have a decent grasp of spiritualism, history and psychology, alas we were born states apart.

Anyway, yes I wanted to study metaphysics at Duke originally, in my teens. Lana being the child of wealthy people, ,actually did that, but longed for music the way I longed for literature.

I love this woman. There is no one I would take over her. No one.

I'm not even crazy. I have real life relationships. It's just over 4-5 years I still can't believe she exists.

She even studied ballet.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know, I don't really respect people from wealthy families anymore, especially living in a very affluent and snobby/ritzy place.

They're really the same as everyone else, it's just that think often times because of what their privileged has given them that they are not and believe in all the myth's that they have been told by society and those around them. Anyway, I enjoyed this conversation, and it felt like I got a glimpse of your own somewhat disturbing Lana loving world, but I don't mean that in a bad way; it's just that it really feels like you have your own world and I was getting sucked into it or something.:mellow:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't know, I don't really respect people from wealthy families anymore, especially living in a very affluent and snobby/ritzy place.

They're really the same as everyone else, it's just that think often times because of what their privileged has given them that they are not and believe in all the myth's that they have been told by society and those around them. Anyway, I enjoyed this conversation, and it felt like I got a glimpse of your own somewhat disturbing Lana loving world, but I don't mean that in a bad way; it's just that it really feels like you have your own world and I was getting sucked into it or something.:mellow:

Lol I am fine, I have real life relationships, I don't really think she's my soul mate. I exaggerate sometimes at 4 am. I think when you stated talking about dating a famous person I just went with it and ran over the hill and through the woods. I have no plans to stalk Lana del Rey this evening.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lol I am fine, I have real life relationships, I don't really think she's my soul mate. I exaggerate sometimes at 4 am. I think when you stated talking about dating a famous person I just went with it and ran over the hill and through the woods. I have no plans to stalk Lana del Rey this evening.

I wasn't talking about dating a famous person, I just meant I felt I had a bond with Muse sort of. I had one famous musician who tried to make out with me/I think possibly wanted a one night stand for I was too wasted and I think eventually they gave up due to my wastedness, though.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I wasn't talking about dating a famous person, I just meant I felt I had a bond with Muse sort of. I had one famous musician who tried to make out with me/I think possibly wanted a one night stand for I was too wasted and I think eventually they gave up due to my wastedness, though.

Well you asked me if I would go lesbian for her, then you said you felt like Matt Bellamy felt like a kindred spirit and you wanted to meet him...I just think it is fun to romanticize these sorts of things, and it's really common among Lana fans to go overboard with it, it's what she inspires, it requires a half-crazy romantic imagination to connect to her music. Like reading Byron or Keats, or loving the Fitzgeralds (I loved them long before she did Young and Beautiful for Gatsby). It requires a certain kind of mind, and there's less outlet for that sort of thing now that there was 100-200 years ago. I've argued in another thread on a different website how she channels Romanticism.

There are people who shamelessly call themselves things like Lana'sWife, or Born to Love Lana ...I'm fairly tame, I just thought it was a fun conversation since you said you felt a connection to Matt Bellamy and would like to meet him.

Not trying to disturb anyone.

:flowerz:

:spindance:

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well you asked me if I would go lesbian for her, then you said you felt like Matt Bellamy felt like a kindred spirit and you wanted to meet him...I just think it is fun to romanticize these sorts of things, and it's really common among Lana fans to go overboard with it, it's what she inspires, it requires a half-crazy romantic imagination to connect to her music. Like reading Byron or Keats, or loving the Fitzgeralds (I loved them long before she did Young and Beautiful for Gatsby). It requires a certain kind of mind, and there's less outlet for that sort of thing now that there was 100-200 years ago. I've argued in another thread on a different website how she channels Romanticism.

There are people who shamelessly call themselves things like Lana'sWife, or Born to Love Lana ...I'm fairly tame, I just thought it was a fun conversation since you said you felt a connection to Matt Bellamy and would like to meet him.

Not trying to disturb anyone.

:flowerz:

:spindance:
I didn't say I wanted to meet him:shock:

I was mostly joking, but I feel like you do have your own world, and it's like "whoa" or something, I don't know. Some people just have world's they take you into or something.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I didn't say I wanted to meet him:shock:

I was mostly joking, but I feel like you do have your own world, and it's like "whoa" or something, I don't know. Some people just have world's they take you into or something.

Its the only thing appropriate when talking about Lana who also openly lives in her own world so that's what her music inspires as the source. Lana creates her own world for you to live in. Either you like it or you don't. Part of her appeal is being allowed into the world like reading someone's diary. James Franco said in his book Lana needs her world so leave her there.

I really love her live. In Poland this year she opened with Cruel World like ALWAYS but she has added tracks from Honeymoon.

Its cute to hear them scream and still sing along with their accents. I am confident one Lana show is exactly like every other.

I do really want to see her at Doheny State Park this year. She plays such great venues.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=25922]Blackout[/MENTION]

You said " I sort of feel a weird connection to Matt Bellamy like that for some reason, I don't know why I feel like we are somehow kindred spirits in some way. I wish I could meet him sort of. They looked at me and noticed me when they played live, and it felt somehow like I don't know, something I needed."

You said you kind of wanted to meet him. There's nothing wrong with that. It's OK to like or want to meet someone. There is a huge gray area between disinterested fandom and camping out in their garage. Lana didn't even get a restraining order until she MOVED and two female fans followed her and called her a bitch. She's OK with you living at her first house as long as you're nice to her (lol...jk but really there's a concrete area between love and harmfully insane).

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess so, but then I was thinking about it, and even though there's some artists that I greatly admire and would like to meet who are male, it would be a little disappointing because I don't like men in that way and it would be lackluster and I don't know. I mean I guess that's kind of negative, it just wouldn't be that fun or exciting.

But it's mostly I think because I sort of wish I had a father figure in my life? it's weird, though I am not sure if that's entirely what it is. Deep inside the recesses of my conscious I don't know if I need/or can even have that now or if I just long for something I never had. It's hard to say.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Even though people have questioned my sexuality and called me gay my whole life I am actually straight : (

I somehow feel like I have disappointed and let everyone down or something. I am sorry to disapoints I am not gay

Oh Ariana

photo-1446442535.jpg

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Is this officially considered a "tan" or not for her?

images

ariana-rojo.jpg

If you gain "coloring" easily from the sun and you don't burn is it still really bad for you skin? because my complexion is a little similair but I lose all coloring usually because I don't spend very much time outside.

See this is not a good example but if I am outside my skin always changes to this weird brown color but I avoid the sun usually :shock:

Is it more acceptable to not be "white" in the pop music/R&B industry now or something? lol. or does she just wear lots of bronzer? people ask me what I am a lot. In the really multi-cultural city I live in I actually blend in really well o_O

But I guess if I lived in California I would not be pale at all : /

Everyone is so weird or ambivalent about race or ancestry though still, it's weird. You can hardly ever talk about anything beyond simple or practical matters.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Is this officially considered a "tan" or not for her?

images

ariana-rojo.jpg

If you gain "coloring" easily from the sun and you don't burn is it still really bad for you skin? because my complexion is a little similair but I lose all coloring usually because I don't spend very much time outside.

See this is not a good example but if I am outside my skin always changes to this weird brown color but I avoid the sun usually :shock:

Is it more acceptable to not be "white" in the pop music/R&B industry now or something? lol. or does she just wear lots of bronzer? people ask me what I am a lot. In the really multi-cultural city I live in I actually blend in really well o_O

But I guess if I lived in California I would not be pale at all : /

Everyone is so weird or ambivalent about race or ancestry though still, it's weird. You can hardly ever talk about anything beyond simple or practical matters.

It's actually been one of the features of "alternative" music for nearly 25 years (maybe more) that white people are more likely to stay white and black people are more likely to have natural (unstraightened/unpermed) hair, because of the tendency of Caucasian people to tan in pop music and African A mericans to have "white" hair. Again pretty sure Arianna Grande is actually Italian, so yes she is tanning and I think her extreme weight loss is due to her using veganism as an excuse to mask an eating disorder. I'm vegan but I don't think it should be used for body shaming or to justify anorexia..it's an easy excuse though "I can't eat that" is a pretty easy way to hide that one isn't eating much at all.

I know a lot of people find Arianna very attractive but she's not my type (just like some people are baffled that I think Lana is so gorgeous, but I've always liked women with more prominent hips and red hair ...and again it's partially just about her personality).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I guess so, but then I was thinking about it, and even though there's some artists that I greatly admire and would like to meet who are male, it would be a little disappointing because I don't like men in that way and it would be lackluster and I don't know. I mean I guess that's kind of negative, it just wouldn't be that fun or exciting.

But it's mostly I think because I sort of wish I had a father figure in my life? it's weird, though I am not sure if that's entirely what it is. Deep inside the recesses of my conscious I don't know if I need/or can even have that now or if I just long for something I never had. It's hard to say.

I'm sorry I wasn't sure of your gender or sexual orientation, so I'm assuming now you're a straight man. OK.

I think we can be attracted to or feel a connection with people for reasons other than romance or sex, it very well could be about wanting a father figure.

Something that I've noticed about my little obsession with Lana is largely that simply listening to her music can take me to a place that only belongs to me, which is actually really healthy for me in coping with arguments or break ups with men in my life, as well as coping with loneliness or being overwhelmed. There's something simply about her music itself that connects me to myself in some way. I have also wondered if really meeting her would be anticlimactic but I don't think so because seeing her so close live in person made me like her even more, there's something about her presence that isn't really communicated on video since she doesn't really dance around like many others.She's intense she's definitely SX in enneagram, I would say SX/SP.

But yes we can be drawn to people or even fictional characters to heal something within, or connect us to ourselves, too.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ariana Grande on Twitter: "just found out my grandparents are heavily greek and part north african.... I thought I was Italian... who am i ? my whole life is a lie"

:wubbie:

Is Italian considered white/Caucasian though? I'm actually not only "Caucasian" though, I am actually bi-racial but again it illicits strange reactions.

And to be fair, LANA DEL RAY HAS HAD ALL KINDS OF PLASTIC SURGERY AND SHE FAKE AND BAKES AS WELL WHICH IS TERRIBLE IF YOU ARE FAIR SKINNED, AND ALSO, MANY PEOPLE HAVE COMMENTED THAT SHE SEEMED A LITTLE HISTRIONIC OR KIND OF ARTIFICIAL AND FAKE.