• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Intro/extraversion & depression?

Liriope

Hey! I’d always thought of myself as an introvert and automatically assumed I couldn’t be anything else, but I very recently reconsidered this and now I don’t know what to think. I thought I would wait a while longer and let the answer come to me but I just need to get it out of my head.

Introversion vs extraversion vs energy levels

I’ve had major depression since around 10-12 years old (I’m almost 23) and it went untreated until about three years ago when I finally admitted I had a problem. I’m now managing it well enough to be able to take care of myself, but I’m still not where I want to be.

Reasons for introversion: has extremely low energy, spends most time home alone, takes a lot of effort forcing myself out of the house, avoids conversations with random strangers in public, dislikes public speaking, has few close friends, not super charismatic as far as I know.

Reasons for extraversion: feels better when out doing stuff and being around people, gets antsy and bored when things are too quiet and there’s nothing to do, always wants to ask for a friend’s perspective on something and being disappointed when it’s a topic nobody else is interested in.

Ambiguous: I generally don’t expect people to initiate contact with me and that I should be the one to do so if I want to talk, but I tend to not ACTUALLY DO it, and it’s a pleasant surprise when someone contacts me first; I never set up social events but I just kinda show up to ones where it’s appropriate to invite myself; as a young child I would be super pumped to go to a friend’s house and never want to leave, but this stopped once the depression started; whether I prefer working alone or in a team highly depends on what the task is; I try to seek new friendships but I abandon them when they try to get too close and have some kind of personal expectations of me (not proud of this).

Typing history & functions stuff

I’ve been into typology since I was in my mid-teens, and without getting too deep, I mistyped myself as something completely off for stupid reasons (tbh, while being mistyped I probably would’ve stopped caring about typology if my friend wasn’t so into it). But eventually I got to ISTP after talking to people and relating strongly the S and T dichotomies as well as Ti-Se. But I’m having difficulty with the all the Socionics descriptions. Socionics dichotomy tests give me ISTp/SLI, but non-dichotomy function-based tests give me ESTp/SLE or ISTj/LSI. (I know not to rely on tests, I'm just pointing out it doesn't seem to be as consistent for me as MBTI.)

Also I'm unsure about my enneagram again and I added this edit to my other thread (since it gives a little more context on my past):

Edit: 9 seems right because of my low energy and avoidance of negativity, but now I'm wondering if I might actually be a very unhealthy social 7. The part of 9 that describes avoiding excitement is not me -- I crave excitement, but I seem to not know where to get it (maybe an sx-last thing). I did not fit the 9 archetype as a young child. I wasn't particularly agreeable (or disagreeable). I do remember constantly complaining about being bored, as well as being grumpy when other kids were talking about a subject I was unfamiliar with and I couldn't join in. As an adult, I have a bad pattern of joining meetups and showing up to a few events, getting bored of the people, abandoning that group and never contacting those people again, then joining another one and repeating the same process until I run out of groups that sound interesting. I get frustrated that I can't seem to find the right crowd. Right now, I'm in a state of mind where all I want to do is get through this A.A. degree so I can transfer to a university in another city and maybe find something better. This also might explain why I once thought I might be a 1 even though I don't act like a 1. Ugh, I don't know.

Anyway, tl;dr: xSTx ????

---------------------------------------------------------

Final edit for now: Since this hasn't gotten replies, I went to some Socionics people to interrogate me and they think I am SLE as opposed to LSI. Gonna go with SLE-Ti ennea 7 and ambiguous xSTP for now, which I think fit me better over the course of my life so far rather than just this moment. I'm still open to disputes against this because my reason for being here is to find my actual type. Thanks! :bye:

Last edited: