• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Incels.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Female models and celebrities have huge male followings on Instagram. When duckface was trendy (it's old news now), they all used them and didn't lose their followers.

What percentage of the general male population do these male followers of female Instagram models constitute?

rav3n

What percentage of the general male population do these male followers of female Instagram models constitute?
Likely quite a substantial percentage of Millennial males which is the largest portion of the dating population. Incels don't count since they don't date.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Likely quite a substantial percentage of Millennial males which is the largest portion of the dating population. Incels don't count since they don't date.

I wasn’t counting incels.

Also, “Likely quite a substantial percentage” is just a guess. Sounds like you are begging the question.

I don’t think you’re considering other things. For instance, how many dudes may have seen duckface pics and simply avoided hitting the follow button on those particular models?

rav3n

I wasn’t counting incels.

I don’t think you’re considering other things. For instance, how many dudes may have seen duckface pics and simply avoided hitting the follow button on those particular models?
This sounds like a 'you don't know if unicorns exist' comment.

rav3n

Not really, since you haven’t been able to prove your claim regarding males and duckface.

Begging the question - Wikipedia
Clearly, the average dating male will swipe left if a hot female has one duckface photo in her profile. Not.

586.jpg

Nicodemus

I was under the impression incels were no longer en vouge and were increasingly transitioning into domestic terrorism.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Because you are so damn self-obsessed that you think that your moral choices should be a categorical imperative.

In the Bible it is written:

"Thou shalt not commit adultery"
and
"whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

So it was already a "categorical imperative".

I'm curious: what approach to morality do you take that you think is better?

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

and
"whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."

It'd be a categorical imperative had we were living in a World where everyone followed the Bible. Don't shove your beliefs down others' eyes. Everyone is to follow whatever they wish.

You are curious about my outtake on morality; but I don't really think that is your concern.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Clearly, the average dating male will swipe left if a hot female has one duckface photo in her profile. Not.

586.jpg

You started out with a claim made about “men in general”. When you were questioned about that claim, you shifted to focusing on millennial men on Instagram. Now you’re talking about men on tinder. You seem to keep moving the goalposts. I’d suspect the claim about tinder and Instagram users is probably accurate, but that’s not what you started with, so at this point I think you’re just being dishonest in an effort to prove a point.

Cute pussycat, btw. I’d pet it. 9/10

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
It'd be a categorical imperative had we were living in a World where everyone followed the Bible. Don't shove your beliefs down others' eyes. Everyone is to follow whatever they wish.

You are curious about my outtake on morality; but I don't really think that is your concern.

Do you see the irony in the statement? You are doing just what it says not to.

Everyone is to follow as they wish? That's very much incorrect, but again it's ironic, because you're suggesting that I not do that.

Your moral guidance system is misguided. Actions have consequences, and intent matters. Doing right is not a matter of following one's whims. It is a matter of living according to higher truth.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you see the irony in the statement? You are doing just what it says not to.

Everyone is to follow as they wish? That's very much incorrect, but again it's ironic, because you're suggesting that I not do that.

Your moral guidance system is misguided. Actions have consequences, and intent matters. Doing right is not a matter of following one's whims. It is a matter of living according to higher truth.

There is no irony there, read about the paradox of intolerance and get to know your thing before making such rash and philosophically desperate statements. In other words, don't use the term "irony" when you are not philosophically adequate enough to separate it from a paradox. You are following your wish, that is very much true but if your wish limits others' freedom when they are not harming anyone while practising their own will; you are free game for me to intellectually vivisect... and finally; I don't care about your judgment about my moral guidance system because you don't know jack about it, you only have presumptions.

True, actions do have consequences and intent matters but these sentences sound like spiritual laziness to me.

If actions have consequences and if humans are not equipped enough to foresee all of them, this means that following one's whims, when practised with clear intent "can" be the only "right" thing to do.

Your ego inflation is entertaining to watch, thank you for giving me a seat for free.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They bother me.

Hmmm... I bet it doesn't bother most men who just want to "wham bam, thank you ma'am" the woman. However, for long-term dating, I wouldn't be surprised if it's at least a little bit of a knock against the woman to be taken seriously.

The bro pics are probably more in the line of annoyance with women who have the creepy animoji pictures or 10 million selfies of the same angle but nothing else.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Your ego inflation is entertaining to watch

Explain: how is my ego inflated?

You are following your wish, that is very much true but if your wish limits others' freedom when they are not harming anyone while practising their own will

So, giving advice on moral matters constitutes limiting another's freedom? :huh:

If actions have consequences and if humans are not equipped enough to foresee all of them, this means that following one's whims, when practised with clear intent "can" be the only "right" thing to do.

It is not clear to me how the conclusion follows from the premises.

My answer is to obey the Will of God, because God is able to foresee all consequences.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
OK

First: This is the first ContraPoints video I've seen, and I already love her. Subscribed to her channel, look forward to her other videos.

Second:

SIGH

I *want* to feel bad for Incels. I really do. I deeply empathize with anyone suffering from loneliness and isolation. It sucks and its awful and no one should mock or belittle someone for dealing with depression or loneliness.

But GAWD. DAMN. these whinny little piss-ants make that damned near impossible. It's one thing to be sad and miserable and seek sympathy and support for your current state in life but it's entirely another to externalize that to such a degree that your heads grows backwards firmly up your own ass and back out through the looking glass of your own misery and horseshit.

I realize I have nothing particularly helpful to add to this thread except a beleaguered, aggravated SIGH. But the sad fact of the matter is that Incels insulate themselves in a Fortress of Solitude built with adamantium-reinforced bullshit and the only ones who can help them...is themselves. I hate that, I wish I could actually so something for them more, but sometimes when you're dealing with a group of people the best thing you can do is treat them like radioactive waste and keep away.

Sorry OP

Tater

and

Jesus is my bitch.