• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Incels.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Why do they call themselves incels? Celibacy is the state of not being married, and most of these people seem more concerned about the fact that they can't get laid, which is chastity. They should be inchasts. [/grammar Nazi].

And that's about the only thing I have to say on the subject...

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No. When it works, it works regardless of everything.
This makes no sense. When it works, it gets what its stated aim is, which is sex. That is almost tautological.

"Likely, but who knows".

We agree on that.
There are many reasons why someone interested in a deeper and more meaningful relationship might play along with a PUA at some point. Doesn't make PUA methods the right tool for the job if you actually want that sort of relationship.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

How does physical attractiveness relate to actually going out on a first date (or, actually engaging in messages, which would be easier to quantify)? I suspect men would come off looking worse in that regard, placing higher importance on that. I think [MENTION=10808]bechimo[/MENTION] probably stated it best when she said that all else being equal, a man would go for the option that's more attractive, while a woman would go for the option that's more financially successful. I think there's a good chance that's true on average, if not a majority of cases.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

For me, there is a huge difference between someone being *attractive* and someone being *sexy*. Not going to be the latter without the former, but there are a lot of formers without the latter.

rav3n

Attractive and attraction are distinct issues for many women. A guy can be aesthetically attractive but won't elicit attraction. I'm guessing that if the guys posted douchey pics (barechested, arms around or surrounded by women, staged penis extension mobiles, drunk pics, etc), they were downgraded by many women.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Attractive and attraction are distinct issues for many women. A guy can be aesthetically attractive but won't elicit attraction. I'm guessing that if the guys posted douchey pics (barechested, arms around or surrounded by women, staged penis extension mobiles, drunk pics, etc), they were downgraded by many women.

Oh, the male equivalent of duck face.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
This makes no sense. When it works, it gets what its stated aim is, which is sex. That is almost tautological.

You stated that it would work only on women who are looking for sex, which means, on women who intend for the interaction to lead eventually to sex with someone they want.
PUA crap can be used on women who have no intention to have sex whatsoever and spark in them sexual desire. Therefore, whether the woman's goal was to have sex or not, she might still succumb to that.
The fact that she's looking for a meaningful relationship doesn't change anything. She might still hope that that person would give her that. He might or might not.

Not everything goes always according to plan, Coriolis.

If we check the annals, we will find many women with integrity who still cheated once their defenses were lowered, taken advantage of, and they regretted that shit later. We know this can happen that's why it is preferable for her not to put herself in a place where those things might occur. Some women do, some don't.

If you think you have absolute control over all of your decisions, you are absolutely delusional.

*This crap can happen to men too.

Doesn't make PUA methods the right tool for the job if you actually want that sort of relationship.

In general, individuals who do that want a hookup. This doesn't mean there are no exceptions though.
I agree that it is not the best course for someone who wants to actually pursue a healthy relationship where ups and downs occur. It's short-term aimed.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So, what do people make of the whole phenomenon?
Based on my cursory research, it seems common for the people who get caught up in the incel culture to have a history mental illness, developmental disorders, abusive parents, etc. I'm guessing a lot of them never had healthy relationships growing up or good role models. And I'm sympathetic to people having bad childhoods and hard lives, I just don't think it justifies hating all women or going on a killing spree.

Incels should overcome the sinful desire for non-marital sex.
I don't think any sane women would be willing to marry these sorts of guys (at least in their present state), so marriage is probably not an option.

natalie-wynn-contrapoints-today-in-men-having-sex-with-women-41377808.png

He's just scared for his benis.

"There's doodoo there."

He's woke as fuck.
This guy should hookup with Jesse "the Hebrew Nightmare" so they can discuss the gay illuminati. :laugh:

Why do they call themselves incels? Celibacy is the state of not being married, and most of these people seem more concerned about the fact that they can't get laid, which is chastity. They should be inchasts. [/grammar Nazi].

And that's about the only thing I have to say on the subject...
George Carlin would be proud. :D

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Incels should overcome the sinful desire for non-marital sex.

What are you? Some almighty preacher? As much as I dislike incels, I dislike the likes of you as well.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Incels Are the Product of an Incomplete Sexual Revolution – Reason.com

The trouble with the sexual revolution isn't that it happened, but that it was incomplete. The problem is not that sex has been over commodified as hardline feminists and conservatives (talk about strange bedfellows!) like to assert; the problem is that it hasn't been commodified enough. The sexual industry in the broadest sense hasn't matured enough yet to cater to the myriad and diverse needs of lonely single people (of both sexes). Where are the Dr. Ruths for single people facing confidence issues or looking for advice? Is it really a surprise that young men turn to each other for solace in the deep recesses of the dark web — and that the result is often very ugly?

Progressivism's promise is to move toward social arrangements that increase the number of winners and diminish the number of losers. But until we achieve a utopia where everyone wins, we'll have to figure out ways to offer relief to the losers. This will require liberals to start taking the plight of people like the incels seriously, and stop penalizing intellectual mavericks like Hanson who have the nerve speak up on their behalf. And it will require conservatives to stop romanticizing an imperfect past and look for viable solutions that don't involve turning back the clock.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder if there’s a correlation with broken homes, abusive parents or single parents. I don’t want to demonize single parents but back when I was researching MGTOW a lot of them seemed to talk about coming from homes with single or divorced parents. Of course I’m not saying most children of single or divorced parents are going to end up gravitating towards toxic communities, just to clarify. It would be nice if a study existed on this but I imagine it’s something that would be hard to test accurately with these communities. I’d also be curious to know if there’s any trends with incels’ socioeconomic backgrounds