• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I Think I'm Gonna Puke

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
There is the real question. You appear measured and controlled. Is that really you or is that a style you choose to adopt?

I grant YOU see me as measured and controlled (laughs). I do not and I seldom receive such feedback. I CAN be cautious: thinking carefully about what will be accomplished by my actions. After cost-bereft analysis, I proceed. In aspects involving: how things will affect others, where to live, business decisions, how much to invest in a relationship etcetera.

Things like trips, where to eat, people to befriend: largely on the fly.

Do you believe you live your life the same way that you perceive to live your life? {I know the two are very different because only as I gained greater person clarity and broke free of the ego constructs did I see I lived my life in a far different manner than I believed I lived my life}
Would your family and close friends agree with you about how you believe you are?

I am literally in love with the friends and family who would provide character references. I would not invoke them in a situation like this: where they are not present to represent themselves and belief in them is left up to the perceiver.

I am consistent in life, yes (though ANY human being needs to be aware of self-deception and continue to question themselves). The other caveat being that some people see a more zany, wacky side. Some will be privy to my hopes, dreams and disappointments. Other's, an elegant and cultivated side. Some will see an earthy, boho side. Some will see a creative artist. Other's a pragmatic and rational entrepreneur. SOME will see all those and more. It depends on the level of trust present and the circumstances we meet and interface within.

Do you interact with the world or observe the world?

Hugely interactive, but whether alone or talking in a crowd: the observer hat is always on.

When you cook, do you diligently follow recipes or do you make modifications on the fly?

Am a mad kitchen scientist. Fascinated by ‘food chemistry’. Enjoy designing, improvising, tweaking, enhancing recipes. Baking is more precise - and though I love the finished product - don’t enjoy the process nearly as much.

Thinking back to school, how did you study for tests? Describe how you approached taking different types of tests

I AM in school and my approach has always been the same. CRAM! Mostly the night before:
1. Distill all notes into one block.
2. Record myself reading or talking about them.
3. Listen to this constantly.
4. In between use flash cards and memorization techniques.
5. Write the most important points on cue cards and put these up where they can be seen and the order easily manipulated.

When I took my driving test I booked it in a small rural town. Not the urban city I lived in. I knew traffic would be slower, the instructor would take more time to view me as a person and I the drive out there would relax me.

Ok, you have an important appointment across town. You have never been in the area before, but you are generally comfortable about how to get there. The GPS says it should take 30 minutes. How much time do you give yourself to get there?

If driving (I’ve traded my car for public transport), I would first check an app that tells me current traffic conditions. If all seemed normal, I would give myself 15-20 minutes extra. If taking public transportation, I would likely give myself an hour ahead and have coffee nearby if early. Due to train breakdowns, line disconnection and other possible unknown variables.

Art

Art is life. I believe some artistry involves dance, painting, sculpture, acting... I also believe people can LIVE artfully. My Dad can draw cartoons but rarely does it, but he designs beautiful houses. He also can look at a plumbing or electrical issue while building and creatively solve the problem. This is also art to me. Someone who speaks beautifully or persuasively is a verbal artist.

My own art "feeds my soul" (blech, such a mundane way to put something so vital). Music is one of my oldest friends. One of my CORE beliefs is that: my own feelings {when I am down or angry or disappointed} should never be used against the people I love. I will share my feelings but will never lash out. I am occasionally grumpy with loved ones and consider this a personal failure.

This comes from the way I grew up where loved one's were used as punching bags for other's emotions. I don't believe in punishing the people closest to us as a result of outward pressures.

I tell you this because art is my primary way of relieving stress. Unlike things people can do like medicating with alcohol/food, zoning out or attacking other's: I create. I put my hands in clay or put on music and dance madly or splash paint on canvas or meld metals... It allows me to be on my own (though someone can be in the same room) and process to point where I feel refreshed.

Good questions P. Mille fois, merci!

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Could see infj 4 or enfp 4. Still not sure.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION], I don't think I really have an opinion on your type.

I'll say you seem different from some INFP's, in how you present your thoughts, but there's a big diversity in INFP's on this site anyway. Chickpea is different from Peacebaby, is different from OrangeAppled, is different from YUI, is different from Nijntje, is different from Seymour...they all have quite distinct voices and ways of laying out their thoughts.....as far as I'm concerned, you can be INFP, I don't think you diverge that greatly.

My own opinion, but it seems to me mbti breaks apart much of the time in application. I think it's useful with a wide lens... ie obviously people can be lumped in general groupings.... that sort of classification is as old as humanity itself..... but when you really get to know someone, things break down / things don't really fit how they're 'supposed' to fit theory-wise. I think people get too absorbed in mbti theory (which is bound to happen on this site; ofc I'm not immune to it either) --- forgetting it's all theory, it's not mapped out in our genes, proven like adrenaline, cortisol, all of our hormones... I mean, it's 16 types. haha. Yet people speak as if Ni is some real entity, or Fe is x, y, and z.... it's just words. Trying to describe differences. And every single person on this site probably has their own conception of what each of the functions actually is, and how to identify it in people. So you're going to get a different answer from everyone.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I grant YOU see me as measured and controlled (laughs). I do not and I seldom receive such feedback. I CAN be cautious: thinking carefully about what will be accomplished by my actions. After cost-bereft analysis, I proceed. In aspects involving: how things will affect others, where to live, business decisions, how much to invest in a relationship etcetera.

Things like trips, where to eat, people to befriend: largely on the fly.

I am literally in love with the friends and family who would provide character references. I would not invoke them in a situation like this: where they are not present to represent themselves and belief in them is left up to the perceiver.

I am consistent in life, yes (though ANY human being needs to be aware of self-deception and continue to question themselves). The other caveat being that some people see a more zany, wacky side. Some will be privy to my hopes, dreams and disappointments. Other's, an elegant and cultivated side. Some will see an earthy, boho side. Some will see a creative artist. Other's a pragmatic and rational entrepreneur. SOME will see all those and more. It depends on the level of trust present and the circumstances we meet and interface within.

Hugely interactive, but whether alone or talking in a crowd: the observer hat is always on.

Am a mad kitchen scientist. Fascinated by ‘food chemistry’. Enjoy designing, improvising, tweaking, enhancing recipes. Baking is more precise - and though I love the finished product - don’t enjoy the process nearly as much.

I AM in school and my approach has always been the same. CRAM! Mostly the night before:
1. Distill all notes into one block.
2. Record myself reading or talking about them.
3. Listen to this constantly.
4. In between use flash cards and memorization techniques.
5. Write the most important points on cue cards and put these up where they can be seen and the order easily manipulated.

When I took my driving test I booked it in a small rural town. Not the urban city I lived in. I knew traffic would be slower, the instructor would take more time to view me as a person and I the drive out there would relax me.

If driving (I’ve traded my car for public transport), I would first check an app that tells me current traffic conditions. If all seemed normal, I would give myself 15-20 minutes extra. If taking public transportation, I would likely give myself an hour ahead and have coffee nearby if early. Due to train breakdowns, line disconnection and other possible unknown variables.

Art

Art is life. I believe some artistry involves dance, painting, sculpture, acting... I also believe people can LIVE artfully. My Dad can draw cartoons but rarely does it, but he designs beautiful houses. He also can look at a plumbing or electrical issue while building and creatively solve the problem. This is also art to me. Someone who speaks beautifully or persuasively is a verbal artist.

My own art "feeds my soul" (blech, such a mundane way to put something so vital). Music is one of my oldest friends. One of my CORE beliefs is that: my own feelings {when I am down or angry or disappointed} should never be used against the people I love. I will share my feelings but will never lash out. I am occasionally grumpy with loved ones and consider this a personal failure.

This comes from the way I grew up where loved one's were used as punching bags for other's emotions. I don't believe in punishing the people closest to us as a result of outward pressures.

I tell you this because art is my primary way of relieving stress. Unlike things people can do like medicating with alcohol/food, zoning out or attacking other's: I create. I put my hands in clay or put on music and dance madly or splash paint on canvas or meld metals... It allows me to be on my own (though someone can be in the same room) and process to point where I feel refreshed.

Good questions P. Mille fois, merci!

I absolutely love your answers. My study technique was pretty much the same, and I could cram for anything at the last minute.

I do have a direction and a destination here (not just randomly asking questions for kicks and giggles).

You husband was a INFJ, right? If it isn't too sensitive, can you describe how you were similar and how you were alike? Please feel free to skip if you would rather not discuss this.

What other types are in your family?

Do you enjoy philosophical or abstract discussions or do you prefer more concrete topics?

Do you prefer breadth of knowledge or depth of knowledge? Would you rather be an expert at one or two things, or have more general skills in more areas?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gotta take issue here. Ti/Se can look awfully similar to Si/Te when under stress. I have been known in the past to mercilessly bludgeon people with "objective" observations when on the rampage.

It does seem confusing, I agree. :shrug:
Wish there was something out there that can provide better examples for how an INFP and an INFJ behave under stress.

Are you an INFP?

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think INFP 4 sx is pretty accurate. She's more upbeat than some others of the same type here and I think that might be throwing some people off. A good chunk of users here (including in her type) have some kind of mental/depression issues going on and might still be on that road to self-discovery. I think CP is pretty much very far along that road already.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It does seem confusing, I agree. :shrug:
Wish there was something out there that can provide better examples for how an INFP and an INFJ behave under stress.

Are you an INFP?

INFJ 4w5 sx/sp like yourself

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
And every single person on this site probably has their own conception of what each of the functions actually is, and how to identify it in people.

This is the God's honest truth. I mean, there are palpable 'ballparks'- but when it comes down to it, whenever people go into depth about their conception of some function, it almost invariably starts to fall apart.

I don't especially have an opinion myself. While there are some visible characteristics that seem decidedly INFP- like being somewhat gushy (?) with sentiment. It's been said INFJs are "controlled" or "too deliberate" in this regard- I personally think it's more about valuing consistency than it is about "controlling" anything, but I don't want to derail your thread with a tangent about it. I'll just say that we (INFJs) are usually more reserved in this regard, so outwardly you do resemble NFPs. YET I do think NFJs can be this way too, if they're submerged in it and it's just how to relate best with others (I absorb/mirror stuff like that when I really connect with someone). And you do seem to have *some* of the deliberation/carefulness of introverted perception (in other words, of being an FJ). So, :shrug:.

While I've never really questioned my type (if anyone else has, they've not said anything), what it seems like I've observed in the forum is that it's more effective to just wait, to keep interacting with people until finally one type stands out as thinking most like yourself than it is to try to discern your type through discussing the type descriptions. That isn't always the case- but even the people who never seem to find one group that stands out as being most like-minded still seem to have trouble nailing down a type based on descriptions alone.

(Also, as an aside, I think there's merit in the observation mentioned that SFJs can come across as "the people's ENFP"- in much the same way, I think IxSPs can come across as "the people's INFJ". S's get a bad rap, people who are S's authentically identify with the N description- and then they are the 'good' examples of N because they don't have the annoying N obstacles. :laugh: So I wouldn't entirely rule that out. Like I said, eventually it seems like one type seems to 'stand out' as being most like-minded.)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is the God's honest truth. I mean, there are palpable 'ballparks'- but when it comes down to it, whenever people go into depth about their conception of some function, it almost invariably starts to fall apart.

I don't especially have an opinion myself. While there are some visible characteristics that seem decidedly INFP- like being somewhat gushy (?) with sentiment. It's been said INFJs are "controlled" or "too deliberate" in this regard- I personally think it's more about valuing consistency than it is about "controlling" anything, but I don't want to derail your thread with a tangent about it. I'll just say that we (INFJs) are usually more reserved in this regard, so outwardly you do resemble NFPs. YET I do think NFJs can be this way too, if they're submerged in it and it's just how to relate best with others (I absorb/mirror stuff like that when I really connect with someone). And you do seem to have *some* of the deliberation/carefulness of introverted perception (in other words, of being an FJ). So, :shrug:.

While I've never really questioned my type (if anyone else has, they've not said anything), what it seems like I've observed in the forum is that it's more effective to just wait, to keep interacting with people until finally one type stands out as thinking most like yourself than it is to try to discern your type through discussing the type descriptions. That isn't always the case- but even the people who never seem to find one group that stands out as being most like-minded still seem to have trouble nailing down a type based on descriptions alone.

(Also, as an aside, I think there's merit in the observation mentioned that SFJs can come across as "the people's ENFP"- in much the same way, I think IxSPs can come across as "the people's INFJ". S's get a bad rap, people who are S's authentically identify with the N description- and then they are the 'good' examples of N because they don't have the annoying N obstacles. :laugh: So I wouldn't entirely rule that out. Like I said, eventually it seems like one type seems to 'stand out' as being most like-minded.)

I think you nailed the J/P split pretty good...Its like ENFP bouncy, yes an ENFJ can hit that, but its due to social energy, not as much of a drive from within as it is from ENFP. Different drives, same actions...key is each rears its head for different reasons, not the fact it reared its head.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
> Indicates new, separate post.

Simply want: the"most accurate understanding" of self.

Are you ready to be drawn out? Ready to explore? I'm not convinced of this. You don't know what you're going to find in there, and I sense you're not sure you even want to know.

I don't know what's in your mind, but I do sense the emotional state and what's paining your heart, the things you are hiding from yourself. Been wired that way as far back as I can remember.

If you truly cared for my well-being, why would you not private message me as I requested on another thread and as many other member’s have done when they wanted to point out possible faults I could address?

>Sorry to have intruded into your day. I hope you find what you're looking for. I'll not post further on the subject, and I respect your desire to interact here without my input

>Yes, it is a sanctimonious tone and I am presumptive as hell. And I am aware of my motivations. Helping people resolve difficult emotional states, iow "freeing" other people is a way of freeing myself too, healing and freeing myself of some of the same pains and torments that have been a part of my life.

I *see* a bit of CP because I see myself in there. Do I know what she's thinking, am I telepathic to her life or know anything about her beyond this recognition? Nope. And do I preface my words with "maybe", "perhaps" or "please know I have your best intentions at heart" the way an INFJ would? Nope

>CP deserves this thread to continue on the path of exploring INFJness and we can take it elsewhere.

Why, when I have often said that I respect you? Especially when you say some of my behaviour resonates. Does this have to be ‘done to me’ or can we be ‘in it together’?

Do you tho? I grant you are highly intuitive and discerning. I personally feel it is hubris to think I see all possibilities - and pick a ‘jumping off point’ - without asking what a person is already aware of.

If you want to make presumptions in the hope they either hit the target (me! smiles) or fall short - please still be communicative if you desire - but privately. Even then, I would still welcome your input in this thread. But, would ask it to be more in the style of impersonal functional analysis > than a personal exposé based on supposition.

I'm just going to get myself the hell outta this thread.

>I am not sure you realize I am not asking you to expose yourself like being naked on here, right? Put all your pain on display? Bare your soul? Prove that you have a reason for it? No, not at all.

Me saying what I am saying is not about the fact that you have brokenness. We all have that, one way or another. It's just ... you are carrying something that stands out to me. Anyways, no matter.

>As for CP though, her posts are purposeful in that they are creating a persona she wishes to define her time here with, and this clouds the issue. I don't see any reason to see her as any other type at this point in time however. She's INFJ-like in that this could be strategic,

Jaguar

creating a persona she wishes to define her time here with, and this clouds the issue.

The same could be said of anyone posting in the forum - including the person who typed those words.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The same could be said of anyone posting in the forum - including the person who typed those words.

Jag joined in, i feel like this thread is complete now :campfire:

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Just for fun...

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I settled for the Like button, but I was searching for the Amen button.

Tater

stating that you're going to leave the thread 3 times and consistently returning doesn't suggest an aim to truth. it is an outright failure to provide reliable material.

i get that threads like these are often made with an incentive to achieve acceptance, but that's not always the case. even when it is the case, blaming the op for it and beelining the topic yields the opposite effect. that is not constructive to the discussion. in fact, it is knowingly destructive.

i was looking forward to posting in this thread, but it looks like the lines have been severed and i don't know if it will be back up and running.

what i will say is that i don't think that cp is disingenuous. i thought she was mafia because she was giving me the most resistance when i was pushing to lynch senza tema, because she wasn't voting much, and she was the switzerland of the game. this led me to reevaluate why she asked me if i was a mafia roleblocker. however, i should have known better, because earlier in the game, senza 'liked' a post in which i scrutinized cp for her posting style. ironically, my criticisms were in a vein similar to some of those that have been brought against her in this thread. given the outcome, this line of thought was misguided.

in the aftermath, i have come to the conclusion that she has a preference for mercy over justice, prefers to collect all available information before making a decision, is of the idealist temperament, and prefers to work behind the scenes. so i'm going to go with infp (in mbti) until convinced otherwise.

i also think she genuinely cares about people. while it has become fashionable in academic circles to disprove that altruism exists, people tend not to help others specifically to feel good about it. i think cp is an altruistic person.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel like I need to apologize to [MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION], since starting this thread was shortly followed after me asking her if perhaps she is an INFJ due to what I may have presumed to be her Fe radiating in her warm messages, and even though I am still on the fence as to what type she is, I just feel pretty horrible for the way this thread unraveled. I didn't want people to get hurt or start fighting, and perhaps clearing the air between certain members was needed, but I still feel kind of awkward after reading everybody's post here.

Cloudy, I hope for what is worth, that I KNOW you are blossoming into a very confident woman despite the obstacles you've faced in life, and I know you as somebody so authentic it actually scares me sometimes. I don't meet that many people like you, so you are a breath of fresh air. I hope that you will find the answer to your questions on the quest of finding your true type, what ever that may be. :hug:

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
I feel like I need to apologize to [MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION], since starting this thread was shortly followed after me asking her if perhaps she is an INFJ due to what I may have presumed to be her Fe radiating in her warm messages, and even though I am still on the fence as to what type she is, I just feel pretty horrible for the way this thread unraveled. I didn't want people to get hurt or start fighting, and perhaps clearing the air between certain members was needed, but I still feel kind of awkward after reading everybody's post here.

Cloudy, I hope for what is worth, that I KNOW you are blossoming into a very confident woman despite the obstacles you've faced in life, and I know you as somebody so authentic it actually scares me sometimes. I don't meet that many people like you, so you are a breath of fresh air. I hope that you will find the answer to your questions on the quest of finding your true type, what ever that may be. :hug:

Hey Darling Girl, no apologies necessary. TRULY (smile). I have always appreciated your earnest efforts to unravel me and it was the suggestions of MANY that prompted this thread.

Thank you for acknowledging my efforts to be authentic. That means the world to me. It costs me somewhat to be so open with people but time and again, I see the rich rewards become quickly apparent. I don't meet many people like you either and I esteem our communications.

Please do not feel awkward. I will return here when I have time. Misunderstandings are a part of life :)() but offer opportunity to learn in how we handle them too. Welcome home :heart:

Permabanned
Breath of fresh air made me think of bad breath - cuz recently experienced it :ack!:

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Hey, I just skimmed through a few posts on this (which I know is a bit crappy, I've just had a very long day and ready to zone on some Netflix). Anyhow, reason I post... I've never seen you as nfp. You don't vibe like any infp I've come across (and I've been on some groups for a few years, quite observant.) Possibly ENFP, but I've always thought NFJ. From what I've followed, you always go perspective first. In many threads, summing up all the various perspectives that have been previous discussed (very Ni). I don't see you go into the depth of emotional nuance that fi doms will often emphasize (but I also have not seen all your posts). Certain things you mention look Se to me. Is this me projecting my own use and understanding of 'stuffs'? Always possible. But I think you might actually be ENFJ. Just a thought.

Rambling

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wish I could find words to thank you properly.

I am overwhelmed by your humanity and common kindness. My instincts about you were sound.

Thank you for your kind words. They mean MUCH.

Um...I don't think I could have said anything else, not really.