• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I can't figure out my type. I'm becoming extremely frustrated.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=28246]Purplemoon[/MENTION] Can you answer these questions? Which answer do you most agree with and which do you least agree with. Put +1 by the one that you most agree with and -1 by the one you least agree with.

What characteristic best describes you?
I am humane
I am adaptable
I am analytical
I am consistent

Which statement best describes you?
I’m tolerant and on the lookout for useful compromises
I am hard working and dependable
I am enthusiastic and creative
I am competent and inventive

It is most important for me to be
Competent
Respectable
Authentic
Adaptable

It is most important for me to be which of the following
Independent
Creative
Dependable
Easygoing

I yearn for
Belonging
Impact
Achievement
Romance

I most value being
Excited
Calm
Enthusiastic
Patient

The best word to describe me would be that I am:
Altruistic
Dutiful
Open-minded
Pragmatic

Purplemoon

MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
5w6

I don't get it. So if I like babies I'm an ISFJ, and if I dislike babies, I'm an INFJ? Am I interpreting you're post right? Or are you just being facetious...

Purplemoon

MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
5w6
[MENTION=28246]Purplemoon[/MENTION] Can you answer these questions? Which answer do you most agree with and which do you least agree with. Put +1 by the one that you most agree with and -1 by the one you least agree with
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] here are my answers to the questions:

What characteristic best describes you?:
I am humane
I am adaptable
I am analytical(-1)
I am consistent(+1)

Which statement best describes you?:
I’m tolerant and on the lookout for useful compromises(+1)
I am competent and inventive(-1)

It is most important for me to be:
Competent(-1)
Respectable
Authentic
Adaptable(+1)

It is most important for me to be which of the following:
Independent(-1)
Creative
Dependable
Easygoing(+1)

I yearn for:
Belonging
Impact
Achievement(-1)
Romance(+1)

I most value being:
Excited(-1)
Calm(+1)
Enthusiastic
Patient

Altruistic(+1)
Dutiful
Open-minded
Pragmatic(-1)

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How do I figure out if I'm an ISFJ or an INFJ? I agree with your assessment, but I'm stuck between the two.

The simple way is to determine whether you are more detail oriented or big picture/concept oriented. Most people myself included focus on both, but you need to find the one you do effortlessly (Your dom function should feel natural to you).

You could also look at the is that really me links for inferior Ne and Se and see which one fits you best.

It basically takes a lot of understanding the functions and getting to know how you think.

Purplemoon

MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
5w6
The simple way is to determine whether you are more detail oriented or big picture/concept oriented. Most people myself included focus on both, but you need to find the one you do effortlessly (Your dom function should feel natural to you).

You could also look at the is that really me links for inferior Ne and Se and see which one fits you best.

It basically takes a lot of understanding the functions and getting to know how you think.

This where I get confused. I can look at the big picture, but I can also observe the details that make up the big picture. People who know me well say I'm good at noticing details and making sure things are perfect. I also think that it's more probable that I'm an ISFJ, so I just went with that.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This where I get confused. I can look at the big picture, but I can also observe the details that make up the big picture. People who know me well say I'm good at noticing details and making sure things are perfect. I also think that it's more probable that I'm an ISFJ, so I just went with that.

But which one comes more naturally to you?

sardonic delight

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see isfj. I think [MENTION=25892]Smilephantomhive[/MENTION] is right and you should look into inferior Ne and Se. It's how I knew I wasn't an infj.

Purplemoon

MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
5w6
But which one comes more naturally to you?

I can't really pin down what comes naturally for me.

When I read about Si, most of the articles say that most dominant Si users think about how they did things before, ir that they can relate one thing to another, i.e. they'll look at an object and will associate it with other things. I do try to remember how certain things were done before, but it's usually for practical, everyday things, such as writing a check or making my bed. If it's something more conceptual or abstract, I try to figure out how to do or solve the problem, and the next time I have to deal with said concept or abstraction, I'll try to think of a way to do it better.

When I read descriptions of Ni, most of the articles say that they are good at getting insights about people and issues, and can usually correctly predict the future. I do get vibes about people, and I'm usually correct, and I get gut feelings sometimes about what will happen in the future, but I'm reluctant to share my insights. Like I said before, I can usually tell when someone is bullsh*tting me, but I don't think this is Ni. I can also "feel" when other people are upset, but I have a hard time mimicking their behavior, and it has to be in real time.

I know that I'm not extroverted, so Fe, Se, Te, or Ne are probably not my dominant function. I think I use Ti, but I don't think it's my dominant function. I don't think I'm a dominant Fi, and I'm fairly certain I my feeling function is Fe, not Fi. The problem I'm having is that I usually test as INFJ, but I think I'm actually an ISFJ, and brain that is fooling me into thinking my Si is Ni, if that makes any sense.

Purplemoon

MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
5w6
I see isfj. I think [MENTION=25892]Smilephantomhive[/MENTION] is right and you should look into inferior Ne and Se. It's how I knew I wasn't an infj.

I've looked at both inferior Ne and inferior Se, and I still can't figure out my type. I think I'm just bad at figuring out the cognitive functions :( .

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=28246]Purplemoon[/MENTION] can you explain how you are able to predict the future. Like can you describe the process?

If you can't do that then you might need to introspect for a bit. Like maybe start journaling.

Purplemoon

MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
5w6
[MENTION=28246]Purplemoon[/MENTION] can you explain how you are able to predict the future. Like can you describe the process?

If you can't do that then you might need to introspect for a bit. Like maybe start journaling.

I predict the future based off of connections I have made. Like I said in an earlier post, I came to the conclusion that I may have a low IQ due to: 1. Not being able to breeze through basic math and 2.Feeling as though my brain is a vortex in which information gets lost. Using this, I predict that I'll test sub 90 on an IQ test. My life isn't very vibrant at the moment, so I haven't made a tone of predictions. I think I do need to journal more...

sardonic delight

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've looked at both inferior Ne and inferior Se, and I still can't figure out my type. I think I'm just bad at figuring out the cognitive functions :( .

:hug: Cognitive functions are hard! I still don't know how to tell apart Te and Ti.

I can also "feel" when other people are upset, but I have a hard time mimicking their behavior, and it has to be in real time.

I think that's Fe. I can relate to this. I read emotions easily without knowing much detail and I somehow know how to calm them without really trying. I've been able to do that since childhood. I was the only one who could calm my dying grandmother and I didn't need to be told that my mother had passed. I could tell by the feeling in the room. My father looked completely broken and I just knew. I do believe that's Fe unless someone corrects me. ;)

I'd say inferior Se might make you more impulsive and destructive while stressed. Inferior Ne makes you reluctant to big changes, while higher Ne loves absorbing the new.

Ni is a very determined son of a gun, while Ne might be determined but gets distracted by bunnies. Ni would admire the bunny but they have a vision they must complete. I don't know how bunnies got involved with this. :blush: I'm probably explaining this wrong.

Purplemoon

MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
5w6
:hug: Cognitive functions are hard! I still don't know how to tell apart Te and Ti.

I think that's Fe. I can relate to this. I read emotions easily without knowing much detail and I somehow know how to calm them without really trying. I've been able to do that since childhood. I was the only one who could calm my dying grandmother and I didn't need to be told that my mother had passed. I could tell by the feeling in the room. My father looked completely broken and I just knew. I do believe that's Fe unless someone corrects me. ;)

I'd say inferior Se might make you more impulsive and destructive while stressed. Inferior Ne makes you reluctant to big changes, while higher Ne loves absorbing the new.

Ni is a very determined son of a gun, while Ne might be determined but gets distracted by bunnies. Ni would admire the bunny but they have a vision they must complete. I don't know how bunnies got involved with this. :blush: I'm probably explaining this wrong.

I'm still confused with the inferior functions though.

sardonic delight

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I predict the future based off of connections I have made. Like I said in an earlier post, I came to the conclusion that I may have a low IQ due to: 1. Not being able to breeze through basic math and 2.Feeling as though my brain is a vortex in which information gets lost. Using this, I predict that I'll test sub 90 on an IQ test. My life isn't very vibrant at the moment, so I haven't made a tone of predictions. I think I do need to journal more...

I think you have Ne not Ni. All that sounds very Ne with some Si and possibly Ti. You're making connections and possibilities. Also inferior Ne would see the negative a lot more and seek connections to prove it. Ni visualizes their goals, it energizes them. They see clearly what they want and will come up with steps to achieve them.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] here are my answers to the questions:

What characteristic best describes you?:
I am humane
I am adaptable
I am analytical(-1)
I am consistent(+1)

Which statement best describes you?:
I’m tolerant and on the lookout for useful compromises(+1)
I am competent and inventive(-1)

It is most important for me to be:
Competent(-1)
Respectable
Authentic
Adaptable(+1)

It is most important for me to be which of the following:
Independent(-1)
Creative
Dependable
Easygoing(+1)

I yearn for:
Belonging
Impact
Achievement(-1)
Romance(+1)

I most value being:
Excited(-1)
Calm(+1)
Enthusiastic
Patient

Altruistic(+1)
Dutiful
Open-minded
Pragmatic(-1)

This is your score:
2 NF
2 SP
1 SJ
-5 NT

It's not entirely conclusive. What I would say is for sure you are not an NT but you could be an SP or an NF. I would put a stronger bet on SP because you had the most answers that aligned with that and based on your answers, you are probably an F type so SFP would be my guess.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't really pin down what comes naturally for me.

When I read about Si, most of the articles say that most dominant Si users think about how they did things before, ir that they can relate one thing to another, i.e. they'll look at an object and will associate it with other things. I do try to remember how certain things were done before, but it's usually for practical, everyday things, such as writing a check or making my bed. If it's something more conceptual or abstract, I try to figure out how to do or solve the problem, and the next time I have to deal with said concept or abstraction, I'll try to think of a way to do it better.

When I read descriptions of Ni, most of the articles say that they are good at getting insights about people and issues, and can usually correctly predict the future. I do get vibes about people, and I'm usually correct, and I get gut feelings sometimes about what will happen in the future, but I'm reluctant to share my insights. Like I said before, I can usually tell when someone is bullsh*tting me, but I don't think this is Ni. I can also "feel" when other people are upset, but I have a hard time mimicking their behavior, and it has to be in real time.

I know that I'm not extroverted, so Fe, Se, Te, or Ne are probably not my dominant function. I think I use Ti, but I don't think it's my dominant function. I don't think I'm a dominant Fi, and I'm fairly certain I my feeling function is Fe, not Fi. The problem I'm having is that I usually test as INFJ, but I think I'm actually an ISFJ, and brain that is fooling me into thinking my Si is Ni, if that makes any sense.

I think probably ISFP. ISFPs use Ni but it is tertiary and not as well developed.