• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How strong is your wing?

How Strong is your Wing?

• I can't even tell which is my wing vs my main type

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • my wing is STRONGER than my main type

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • my wing and main type are of equal strength

Votes: 9 10.6%
  • my wing kicks ass

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • my wing is pretty strong

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • my wing is kinda weak

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • I only know my wing because the other one is DEFINITELY not my wing

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • I have no wing

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I have both wings

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • I have both wings, but one is clearly stronger

Votes: 14 16.5%

• Total voters
I think my 3 wing is pretty strong in the sense that I crave success and am afraid of being seen as worthless, pretty much on par with the wants and fears of my e4. The only thing is I have a lot of the 5 wing as well and usually test as that on enneagram tests because I'm very withdrawn and reclusive, but I don't seek knowledge as much as others with the 5 wing, I think. I appear like a typical 4w5 in reality, but I secretly share the same values as a 4w3, just not as in-your-face and emotionally obvious about it like others I guess.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Well, as you can see in my signature, I have a double 5-wing (both my heart and head type have a 5 wing). For my head type, the lean toward 5 is quite heavy and I have very little 7 (which is my weakest e-type of all).

Anywho, this gives me a rather five-y feel that is apparently (according to some) readily visible at times in me. [MENTION=30122]Brain in a Jar[/MENTION] has a pretty solid theory that those who have a double-wing like this almost have a 4th e-type, which actually makes some sense to me. I would probably stack it in 4th place though after my other types as I don't think it's quite as influential as the other three (i.e. 4615).

So, to answer the question: My wing kicks ass.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Very strong. The couple who first introduced me to Enneagram were convinced that I was a 5-- though they did tend to loose sight of motivations in favor of behavior. I pretty quickly identified as 4w5, but definitely wrestled here and there over a couple of years over which was more dominant-- finally settling on 4w5, which I am still convinced is the case. This is mostly because I am definitely a feeler on the inside, and more of a thinker on the outside (as a defense mechanism if you will). I have often tested very close in the T/F department, but I think that's either because my Ti is overdeveloped, or my Fe underdeveloped. I feel like the Fe has gotten a little stronger of late, though.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think my 3 wing is pretty strong in the sense that I crave success and am afraid of being seen as worthless, pretty much on par with the wants and fears of my e4. The only thing is I have a lot of the 5 wing as well and usually test as that on enneagram tests because I'm very withdrawn and reclusive, but I don't seek knowledge as much as others with the 5 wing, I think. I appear like a typical 4w5 in reality, but I secretly share the same values as a 4w3, just not as in-your-face and emotionally obvious about it like others I guess.

I can relate to this. At this point I don't really know what my wing is, nor do I really care any longer; I don't think knowing it is useful for me personally, iow.

Flâneuse

don't ask me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pretty strong. (I am a 9w1). I tend to be much harder on myself (and on occasion others) than e9s are usually made out to be. I can get so critical of myself and the world that I sometimes have to remind myself there are things to be happy about and grateful for too. However, I lack the actual "reformer" aspect of e1, the motivation to actually express my judgments and put them into action.

Also, I relate to e8 the least of all nine types. I seek autonomy, but am completely uninterested in power over anything except myself.

Mask Off

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I have balanced wings, but my w6 is definite stronger

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My two wing is pretty weak. The seven wing is extremely strong in comparison and definitely stands out way more.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Get to it later maaybe.

But quick summary- believe that wings are sort of like handedness. You always will have a dominant one- but over time, life will demand that you do tasks which will involve the other hand- which will strengthen it. Everyone is influenced by both wings imo- but some will employ methods- have to face things- that will pull on their weaker side more- and therefore- with that training- both sides will develop and appear more even.

Even if one is dominant- even if one is more natural- can be employed more flexibly- preferred.

Like I told you- you are imo... pretty balanced wing wise imo. (Especially considering your age/time you have had to develop both sides.)

Other people like me... focus on one side- making the other side- over time- appear weaker- more unfamiliar- confidence in it low, meaning Im less likely to put as much effort 'right now' on developing it- unless I get to a situation where I really have to- where its FORCED and I cant use the dominant side... Ill have WAY more trouble of calling up that weaker wing than you will. Eventually, over time, as I become more comfortable with the limits of my 1 wing- Ill look to expand the other direction from my 9 towards 8... imo. But until then- Im pretty definitively 1.

Just my opinions. But yeah. Being one sided dominant more can have advantages too- you are more distinctly familiar with the aspects of that wing- can understand the boundries of it a bit more- have a bit more understanding and control over it- instead of being tugged with suggestions from the other direction.

Though the flexibility- the ability to look at things with such globally different mindsets from opposing wings- is something thats awesome in people with lots of input from both sides...

I think.

Hahaha quick summary my ass from me...

Lots of thinking here. Feel free to add some more thinking if youd like!

As for each of my core types my 7 is defo 7w6 as even though I have 7w8 moments and traits by far I am far more 7w6 as I have some w6 anxiety. I do think im maybe 30% 7w8 and 70% 7w6. As for my 9 it is very strongly 9w1 and my 3 very strongly 3w2 that it could be mistaken for a 2w3. Me and eskimo also proposed a theory in that the lower you go down the stack the more unbalanced the wings get which fits the amount said E type is used.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My 3 wing is very strong, I care a lot about my public image, how others see me and I want to leave a good impression when meeting someone. I want to be seen not only as someone who is different than others, but also as someone who is worthy of admiration. I care about success and I'm goal oriented.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would say my four wing is very strong.

I can be really absorbed in my feelings and thoughts, tend to daydream alot (not always contsructively), I like creativity, imagination, etc. Also aesthetics.

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
7w8 is just moderate. Not that strong. Although i am very Compulsive sometimes.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
6w7; my seven wing is quite strong, I am spontaneous, scattered, playful, don't like to be reminded of rules of life, or how should I behave or be, life doesn't come with a manual, I don't want to live by someone else's idea of what is allowed and what is not, at the same time, I want to be harmonious with my environment, I have variety of interests and always look for new ones because I get bored too quickly, I love to travel and open to trying new experiences, the world for me is a huge interesting place that I will never get to know enough of..
My mind keeps turning everything into a joke, even the most painful things, even when it is me or someone I love is in pain, even when I am in deep sadness, I enter into the circle of deep despair and noticing the irony of it and joke about it, and of course I try to have control over my mouth so I won't hurt feelings of anyone or come accorss as inconsiderate, I also tend to distract myself away from pain by discovering new things..
I hate others to see my pain, which is almost impossible because I have too expressive face, that they know what I feel even before I realize it.

Dorito

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a 4w3. Definitely, 100% the 4 core. However, I do have a strong 3 streak, with competitiveness, wanting positive attention and accomplishments that are noted by others. However, since it's a wing, not a core, often it's not enough to kick me into gear and make me go claim these things. The competitiveness sticks, but I'm nowhere near as driven as a core 3.

OneLovelyAdventure

Gryffindor Prefect
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hard to say. I'm either a 3w2 or a 7w6. If I'm a 3w2, then my wing is pretty damn strong. If I'm a 7w6, then my wing is kind of weakish. I always yo-yo between these two types.

neko 4

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I have a pretty strong wing of Five. I'm a 4, but I'm also a thinker and not obsessed with my looks.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's not my core, but it comes a close second.

Angry-Bruce-Banner-Transforms-Into-The-Hulk-In-The-Avengers.gif

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
As a 9w1, I'd say pretty average. I kinda yo yo between being perfectionist and being lazy. Like my desk will be a disheveled mess, but then I take forever to write a post on here because I spend hours perfecting it. I do relate to the anger is a bad emotion thing, but then again I don't think 9s think anger's all that pretty either. I mean anger can be funny and I feel it often, but for the most part I find it an ugly emotion with little use. Mistakes of all sorts make me feel guilty and icky about myself. One thing about 1 I don't relate to though is that I'm not that critical of others. Unless it has to do with me or they're hurting someone I really care about, I for the most part care little about what people do. Part of it is wanting to leave people to their own devices, but also I just care about me doing things right more than others. So yeah, I can definitely be internally critical, but I don't care most of the time to express it.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can barely tell which one is which (ie. I'm either 5w6 or 6w5). I don't necessarily relate to both of them equally, however their presence in my life is basically equal to the point where (most people) also have issues differentiating which one I actually am.