• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Feelers ability to use emotions to get things immoral?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
"We're taught to suppress everything except anger. Anger is considered masculine by many men so it isn't systematically quashed like say sadness or love."

That hasn't been my experience. When I was a child I was shamed and ridiculed for the expression of anger as well as for the expressions of sadness and love. But I was certainly taught to keep my anger in check more than I was taught to keep my sadness or love in check.

Are you quite young?

I have been reading some of your threads/comments and this one in particular basically just cost all your credibility in my eyes. I think you are looking at the world from a very strict angle, tunnel vision so to speak. You seem stubborn and inexperienced to some extent, which is interesting because you state that you have some experience with forums and I would have thought the exposure to a wide variety of personalities would have opened your eyes a bit more than what I am seeing.

Jaguar

Do you think feelers' tendency to use their emotions as a device to manipulate others is morally questionable? Why or why not? Explain your reasoning.

A so-called INTJ posted that? Interesting. Now, go learn type theory.

the difference is, a thinking type will be able to identify the behavior in themselves and take responsibility for their actions, as the two ENTPs you mentioned did by admitting to engaging in the manipulative behavior(s).
And more generalizations based on the actions of two (TWO) feelers. :BangHead:

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you think feelers' tendency to use their emotions as a device to manipulate others is morally questionable? Why or why not? Explain your reasoning.

Is this an example of scapegoating feelers for fun?

Neokortex

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of course I'm not 100% honest who the fuck is? I'm as honest as I possibly can be. Of course there are times I don't tell the truth. Usually these are situations where 'the truth' will cause more harm than good though. I don't generally do nasty things and then find myself covering for having done them. If you can't fathom a person who doesn't go out of his way to play people like instruments than i don't know what to tell you. In the end I don't give a shit if you believe me or not. Honesty isn't a religion and I'm not trying to convert you.

Edit: Whoops. In response to [MENTION=29478]Neokortex[/MENTION]

Well that's the thing. The more you write, the more you seem to care. In one of these INFP chats I stumbled across once an esfj/esfp guy who was particularly adamant that I/we should play by the rules... In the end I could quote him sentence by sentence where he broke (his own) rules.

Well that's the thing. The more you write, the more you seem to care. In one of these INFP chats I stumbled across once an esfj/esfp guy who was particularly adamant that I/we should play by the rules... In the end I could quote him sentence by sentence where he broke (his own) rules.
And how does that relate? I think I gave you a cannon load of honesty. If you attack an INFPs core beliefs you're going to get an earful. Which you well know which apparently was your goal. Would you like fries with that?

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
....What causes these traits to develop in individuals may have genetic reasons, psychological reasons, developmental reasons and none of these three subjects are MBTI related, even when MBTI can be related to them....

explain that

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Are you quite young?

I have been reading some of your threads/comments and this one in particular basically just cost all your credibility in my eyes. I think you are looking at the world from a very strict angle, tunnel vision so to speak. You seem stubborn and inexperienced to some extent, which is interesting because you state that you have some experience with forums and I would have thought the exposure to a wide variety of personalities would have opened your eyes a bit more than what I am seeing.

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram

No, simply a non-malicious attempt to bring attention to aspects of the feeler temperament that I think need to have attention brought to them. Again, my goal was to remain objective in my assessments and not personalize anything or attack anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

And more generalizations based on the actions of two (TWO) feelers. :BangHead:

two thinkers*

- - - Updated - - -

Not bringing attention to these issues for fun, more for the sake of understanding.

- - - Updated - - -

A so-called INTJ posted that? Interesting. Now, go learn type theory.

Prejudiced...

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Are you quite young?

yeah, I have had my eyes opened to various different types via forums, and what I found was that the feelers often had very strong opinions but got very angry if I tried to question them and they would never explain how they reached their conclusion, they'd simply say their opinion, say that it's the right opinion, expect you to agree with it, and then get angry/vindictive when you didn't. They taught me that feelers are, as a whole, controlling types who generally don't enjoy deep, philosophical discussions about the complexities of life, and sometimes get angry at others who do enjoy talking about these things.

No, simply a non-malicious attempt to bring attention to aspects of the feeler temperament that I think need to have attention brought to them. Again, my goal was to remain objective in my assessments and not personalize anything or attack anyone.

two thinkers*

Prejudiced...
1. Hahaha! You really don't see it do you?

2. I meant generalizations based off the two feelers you obviously harbor so much animosity for that you spew it out at all feelers.

3. And calling someone else prejudiced in this scenario is like a clansman calling someone hateful and intolerant. The audacity you project is practically palpable.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
yeah, I have had my eyes opened to various different types via forums, and what I found was that the feelers often had very strong opinions but got very angry if I tried to question them and they would never explain how they reached their conclusion, they'd simply say their opinion, say that it's the right opinion, expect you to agree with it, and then get angry/vindictive when you didn't. They taught me that feelers are, as a whole, controlling types who generally don't enjoy deep, philosophical discussions about the complexities of life, and sometimes get angry at others who do enjoy talking about these things.

Hmm, I guess I just can't agree with you on this one, not entirely at least. Furthermore, I think it's going to depend on the individual as well as the collective morale of the forum, as in some forums will be much more hostile than others. Here, we have a fairly good balance. There are plenty of very even-keeled Fe-dom and -aux users. There are also plenty of average and lower health level folks too. This is far from black and white, there are plenty of shades of gray if only you are open to seeing them.

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Hmm, I guess I just can't agree with you on this one, not entirely at least. Furthermore, I think it's going to depend on the individual as well as the collective morale of the forum, as in some forums will be much more hostile than others. Here, we have a fairly good balance. There are plenty of very even-keeled Fe-dom and -aux users. There are also plenty of average and lower health level folks too. This is far from black and white, there are plenty of shades of gray if only you are open to seeing them.

Of course it's not black and white, I told you why I think feelers are more prone to this negative behavior and in my opinion that makes it more of a shade of grey.

- - - Updated - - -

Go learn type theory.

Prejudiced.

treetophideaway

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
No it's just something I and other people on various other online forums have noticed. It's merely an anecdotal observation. With that in mind, they seem to have this ability to turn on/off their emotions at will which thinkers lack, perhaps because they (feelers) are more adept at using their feeling functions, that they are able to use them in more dynamic ways? Anyways, it definitely varies from type to type. Of all feeling types, INFPs and INFJs have probably demonstrated these qualities the least, although they still do have the ability to do so. ESFJs and ESFPs have been the most likely to exhibit this type of behavior from my experience.
I don't see myself as emotionally manipulative. If I feel something, I feel it. I don't necessarily express it to everyone and if I do express what I'm feeling, I don't try to use it to get what I want or manipulate others. I also don't have the ability to turn on/off my emotions. I'm not one of those people who can fake tears nor can I stop them if I'm really upset. I think that's more of an Fe thing whereas I am Fi dominant. I can sometimes mask my feelings to where people won't always know I'm happy/sad/etc. as long as I'm not extremely happy/sad/etc. If I'm overly excited, it shows; if I'm really upset to the point of tears, I can't stop them. Maybe I could be emotionally manipulative if I really tried, but it goes against my Fi values to try to force people into things so I just don't do it.

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I don't see myself as emotionally manipulative. If I feel something, I feel it. I don't necessarily express it to everyone and if I do express what I'm feeling, I don't try to use it to get what I want or manipulate others. I also don't have the ability to turn on/off my emotions. I'm not one of those people who can fake tears nor can I stop them if I'm really upset. I think that's more of an Fe thing whereas I am Fi dominant. I can sometimes mask my feelings to where people won't always know I'm happy/sad/etc. as long as I'm not extremely happy/sad/etc. If I'm overly excited, it shows; if I'm really upset to the point of tears, I can't stop them. Maybe I could be emotionally manipulative if I really tried, but it goes against my Fi values to try to force people into things so I just don't do it.

Fair enough, on an unrelated note do you buy into astrology at all? If so, have you ever seen your natal chart?

treetophideaway

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Fair enough, on an unrelated note do you buy into astrology at all? If so, have you ever seen your natal chart?
I don't buy into it in the sense of believing in it, but I do think it's interesting in the same way I find Greek mythology interesting but I don't believe in it either. I have looked at my natal chart and some of the stuff in the astrological profile I was given was surprisingly accurate. Why do you ask?

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I don't buy into it in the sense of believing in it, but I do think it's interesting in the same way I find Greek mythology interesting but I don't believe in it either. I have looked at my natal chart and some of the stuff in the astrological profile I was given was surprisingly accurate. Why do you ask?

Just curious cause you're ISFP, I'm curious what your sun/moon/rising signs etc. are and if any of it contributes to your ISFPness.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a capricorn INTJ w/ moon in virgo, aries rising. Lots of cap in my chart too (sun, mercury, mars, venus, neptune, uranus).

treetophideaway

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Just curious cause you're ISFP, I'm curious what your sun/moon/rising signs etc. are and if any of it contributes to your ISFPness. - - - Updated - - - I'm a capricorn INTJ w/ moon in virgo, aries rising. Lots of cap in my chart too (sun, mercury, mars, venus, neptune, uranus).
Sun- scorpio
Moon- scorpio
Rising- virgo
Midheaven- gemini
There's a pretty even balance of Scorpio, Capricorn, and Virgo among all the other chart aspects (the planets and houses). I don't know if this contributes to my ISFPness. You could probably tell me more than I could tell you.

Scapegoated 4 fun

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Sun- scorpio
Moon- scorpio
Rising- virgo
Midheaven- gemini
There's a pretty even balance of Scorpio, Capricorn, and Virgo among all the other charts aspects (the planets and houses). I don't know if this contributes to my ISFPness. You could probably tell me more than I could.

Hmm well the scorpio on the sun and moon would likely make you a very passionate and probably emotional person although I imagine this would be somewhat tempered by the grounding, earth energy of your virgo rising. You have a mutable sign (virgo) on your rising which means that on a first impression you probably come off as flexible, adaptable, intellectual, reserved and probably humorous/curious (virgo traits). These are just my best guesses and I am by no means an expert so take what I say with a grain of salt. One more question; are you female or male? Also, scorpio is a fixed sign, so having it on the sun and moon could show that you have some stubborn tendencies (fixed signs are known to be this way). You also have your big 3 (sun, moon, and rising) all in introverted, feminine signs.