• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram - Give me yourfeedback!

Butze

MBTI Type
INFJ
Another INFJ's sleepless night brought to this...

I've been trying to understand my enneagram type lately. I've started compiling one questionnaire from this forum but I've realized I needed to ponder it well, so I am not ready to send it yet.
I've taken some tests and often scored 4. The profile seemed to fit (although I relate to some aspects of other profiles, too) but I couldn't quite grasp the meaning of the basic fear description, "That they have no identity or personal significance". Of course I understand the meaning of it but I couldn't see it completely related to my experience.
Then I had this thought... I've always been very unsure what I wanted to do in life, until I understood I wanted to try and be a professional translator and dialogue adaptor. That took a loooot of courage and I got the chance (I earned it by showing I was good but still something inside my head cannot believe it) to have a mentor that showed me how some things work in the field. But once he said: "You have to be careful because if you do a bad job and the dubbing director calls the dubbing studio to complain about it, you could just ruin your career like that".
Since then, I am even more insecure than I was before. I keep telling myself: "Don't call that prospective new client. You are not ready. You need to practice more or you will ruin your chances". That, each time. And I was thinking why I do it, and why I actually listen to this internal dialogue... Can it be that, having decided to try to do this as a profession, I've established my identity and worth as doing that and failing at it would just mess it all up?
It may sound silly to you but I had never thought of it that way. I've always just thought: "You are such an insecure, why are your insecurities sooo deep rooted?" because I never seem to be able to eradicate them.

So yeah I would really appreciate a feedback on that. Then I will probably add some more info.