• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Donald Trump

What Personality Type is Donald Trump?

• Total voters

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
ESTP. He's more pre-occupied with outward appearances (and not just his own) than I think an intuitive would be. He's not as detail oriented as I think an SJ would be; he sets a goal and gets there any way possible. He's a lot like Tony Beets (an ISTP?) from Gold Rush.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I don't know what psychological type Donald Trump is. And I don't think anyone one else here does either.

But what is startlingly obvious is that Donald Trump is vulgar. And he is vulgar in distinct ways. He is classical American vulgarati. Donald Trump fits perfectly into American popular culture. This is why he is so popular with Americans while being a laughing stock in the rest of the world.

For not being politically correct? that's funny.

- - - Updated - - -

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
He strikes me as ESTP.

Mole

Permabanned
For not being politically correct? that's funny.

- - - Updated - - -

From a far distance, it appears Mr Trump has not a skerrick of moral integrity, he exploits women, and suffers from a personal neurosis.

And Mr Trump is being offered to the voters by the greatest nation on Earth with the best sense of humour in the world, but with the lunacy of no sense of irony.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
From a far distance, it appears Mr Trump has not a skerrick of moral integrity, he exploits women, and suffers from a personal neurosis.

And Mr Trump is being offered to the voters by the greatest nation on Earth with the best sense of humour in the world, but with the lunacy of no sense of irony.

Are you his psychiatrist? in what ways does he exploit women?

Mole

Permabanned
Are you his psychiatrist? in what ways does he exploit women?

This will no doubt come as a surprise to you, but this is a site devoted to psychology.

And Mr Trump exhibits his psychological vulnerability with his phobia of germs.

And Mr Trump is proud of his sexism and parades it in relation with his wives and girlfriends.

To be blind to Mr Trumps gross patriarchal values suggests they are in fact shared.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
This will no doubt come as a surprise to you, but this is a site devoted to psychology.

And Mr Trump exhibits his psychological vulnerability with his phobia of germs.

And Mr Trump is proud of his sexism and parades it in relation with his wives and girlfriends.

To be blind to Mr Trumps gross patriarchal values suggests they are in fact shared.

So because you know a little bit about typology you consider yourself qualified in diagnosing other people's mental illnesses. :rofl1: How are you so blind to the hypocritical nature of the left? Nothing to me indicated trump as being truly a sexist or a racist.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
Trump is a populist. He will say anything that mobilizes the right wing in America, regardless of believing it himself or not.
Claiming he has a personality disorder based on his speeches is bullshit. It is a fact that he has been a liberal for a long time, supporting abortion and endorsing Hilary Clinton.
Now, all of a sudden, he attacks her. It's only a big show, staged by the top 1% to make Hilary president.

Bilderberg chooses Hillary Clinton for 2016? | Global Research - Centre for Research on Globalization

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
8w7>6w5>3w2 Sx/Sp
not sure of MBTI. maybe ESFP or ENTJ?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Here's what Penn Jillette had to say about Trump:

Based on what Penn Jillette said, I believe Donald Trump to be an ESTJ.

I think mentally ill ESTP. It explains the meandering off the cuff stuff in speeches or debates (Pe dom) and his cool tertiary Fe appeal to his minions. He's like that jock in high school who people admired for his size, loudness, ability to keep up with trends, and rich family. ..but anyone who paid attention knew he was a Promoter, full of shit. He's a blatant Kersey Promoter, but the dark unhealthy manifestation, I'm in no way saying all ESTPs are like Donald Douche.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think mentally ill ESTP. It explains the meandering off the cuff stuff in speeches or debates (Pe dom) and his cool tertiary Fe appeal to his minions. He's like that jock in high school who people admired for his size, loudness, ability to keep up with trends, and rich family. ..but anyone who paid attention knew he was a Promoter, full of shit. He's a blatant Kersey Promoter, but the dark unhealthy manifestation, I'm in no way saying all ESTPs are like Donald Douche.

Trump is pretty inappropriate for being an Fe dom. Also, he doesn't have the tedious thought process of Ti.

But I know what you mean about the ESTP's being braggers and running off at the mouth, though I think that they are less expressive and more focused than an ESTJ would be.

:) But I don't really know what I'm talking about.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Trump is pretty inappropriate for being an Fe dom. Also, he doesn't have the tedious thought process of Ti.

But I know what you mean about the ESTP's being braggers and running off at the mouth, though I think that they are less expressive and more focused than an ESTJ would be.

:) But I don't really know what I'm talking about.

I didn't say Fe dom...I said tertiary Fe. Tertiary Fe is childlike, so can use it to provoke, stroke, incite...almost like they see it as a secret weapon. I think an emotionally mature ESTP of his age wouldn't be such a jerk, but NPD leaves people where they were scarred, and it's difficult for them to grow to full maturity unless they diligently want to learn cognitive empathy, which is intellectual and takes effort rather than being as natural .

Se dom is absolutely perfect for him, and he's actually brilliant at being a con artist. He's being sued for swindling people on real estate - he set it up so even if a project fails, he always gains. He's a glorified gangster. The dark manifestation of ESTP.

Ideal manifestation would be John F. Kennedy. In between is Ernest Hemingway.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I didn't say Fe dom...I said tertiary Fe. Tertiary Fe is childlike, so can use it to provoke, stroke, incite...almost like they see it as a secret weapon. I think an emotionally mature ESTP of his age wouldn't be such a jerk, but NPD leaves people where they were scarred, and it's difficult for them to grow to full maturity unless they diligently want to learn cognitive empathy, which is intellectual and takes effort rather than being as natural .

Se dom is absolutely perfect for him, and he's actually brilliant at being a con artist. He's being sued for swindling people on real estate - he set it up so even if a project fails, he always gains. He's a glorified gangster. The dark manifestation of ESTP.

Ideal manifestation would be John F. Kennedy. In between is Ernest Hemingway.

I don't understand the process for which you arrived at your conclusion for his type.

For me, I usually start at typing whether a person is an introvert or extrovert first. Then I move on to whether the person predominantly uses Ti and Fe or Fi and Te. Then, I'm left with two types to choose from and I pick the one that seems best. For Trump, it was between ENFP and ESTJ. Trump really dislikes details. It seems like he thinks of something he wants done, and that's that. He doesn't have much interest in explaining how. That seems really Te to me. He's more interested in tangible things than he is discussing his feelings about them. So, I went with ESTJ.

But maybe I think about these things incorrectly.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx

Are you pissed off?

Tomb1

Trump is about the clearest example of an 8w7 there is....Rubio is a 3w2

Tomb1

Trump's type is relevant to the enneagram in two ways. He destroys two myths.

The first is accusation. I've said for awhile that you can't tell apart cp6 and 8 by accusation. I beat all the mainstream enneagram authors on that one. R & H, Naranjo, Palmer....all wrong. Trump is ten times more accusatory than any politician in the country.

The second is ocean's moonshine. Trump bears out that Ocean's Moonshine is just total misinformation, and also why so many people out there favor Stackemup.

Just an example, here is Ocean's moonshine on SX/SO:

"They may identify so strongly with whatever they’re involved with that they often become the symbol of its core essence, and sometimes its lead agent for change. Hardly content with the status quo, this subvariant seeks to alter the fundamental structure of something while at once embodying it’s purest or most extreme form."

That makes a perfect characterization of Trump and his impact on the republican establishment. Trump is a very clear sx-laster, sp/so, though.

Take it a step further....Ocean's Moonshine sp/so 8 description is nothing like Trump:

"Self-pres/social Eights are the least dramatic of type Eight."

"But, even though they are often quiet, they are very much in control of themselves and their direction in life."

That's off, in every conceivable way. It's obvious Trump loves drama and that whoever wrote that description just didn't know what they were talking about. Trump is continually the loudest one in the room and couldn't be any more dramatic unless he started stoning the other candidates on stage.

the sx/so 8 description at ocean's moonshine is a much better fit:

"They demand everyone’s attention, and usually get it."

"With the self-preservational instinct least developed, this subtype has a lot of extroverted energy. This type isn’t afraid to go after what they want in life."

etc....etc

Now that sounds more like Trump. And Trump is a pretty clear sp-first. Ocean's Moonshine had everything backwards. Totally out of touch....

rmrf

ESTP 8w7 sp/so. Having a guess at a tritype, I'd say 836/863.

To those on the ENTJ camp:

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
ESTP, without any doubt. Trump is the most ESTP to have ever ESTPed. He is colourful, blunt, spontaneous and averse to detail.

I would say he is a social 8w7 with a strong 3 wing.