• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do Strangers Approach You?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have been called a cat shepherd when i used to do door to door. There are few things in life as rewarding as being in the center of a clowder of cats as you make your way down the street. If Japan keeps getting deserted I might move there to one of the cat islands to hold court with my people.
There's always Greece.

The Cat

Offering FREE Monkey paws down at the Crossroads.
Staff member
There's always Greece.
I realize it will sound hipcritical to say that Greece is too close to a Volcano for me, but Japan is fine. I would just like to point out that Greece does not have a haunted suicide forest on par with Mirkwood, while Japan does. Greece is also not to my knowledge home of any sort of giant salamander while....you know... I will conceed that in the Bronze Age, I would love Greece, the monsters alone would make the trip worth it. But the greek gods are to me what I think favorite celebrities are to humans, so Im far from unbiased. But yeah, modern greece, too close to a volcano and not enough spooky weird potentially supernatural stuff. Its my Addams Family Values you understand.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I realize it will sound hipcritical to say that Greece is too close to a Volcano for me, but Japan is fine. I would just like to point out that Greece does not have a haunted suicide forest on par with Mirkwood, while Japan does. Greece is also not to my knowledge home of any sort of giant salamander while....you know... I will conceed that in the Bronze Age, I would love Greece, the monsters alone would make the trip worth it. But the greek gods are to me what I think favorite celebrities are to humans, so Im far from unbiased. But yeah, modern greece, too close to a volcano and not enough spooky weird potentially supernatural stuff. Its my Addams Family Values you understand.
So what I'm hearing is... you want more cats *and* spirits approaching you, and less humans?
(to get back to the main topic)

The Cat

Offering FREE Monkey paws down at the Crossroads.
Staff member
So what I'm hearing is... you want more cats *and* spirits approaching you, and less humans?
(to get back to the main topic)
Plus the food and toiletries in Japan is just next level. The older I get the more good food and comfortable pooping matter in ways child me could have never dreamed. I sincerely hope that the first thing I get to do as a ghost is to go back in time to be my own imaginary friend who reveals the secrets of my life and death to my childhood self and close the circle of madness where it first began. Then I would go back to the cambrian period and just sort of Mystery Science Theater 3000 all of time as I watch it unfold around me like the ultimate nature documentary not narrated by one of the Davids(Attenburough/Tennant)

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Little kids wave at me a lot, and it's creepy. Or talk at me in line. Kids seem to like me a lot in general, and I don't know why. Help me.
Don't worry. They aren't going to follow you home. ;)
Men do approach me/make smalltalk in line, etc, but rarely to hit on me, as far as I can tell, though friends have stated at times that the approach had that intent while I'd disagree. I feel like it's presumptuous and don't want to assume that's the motive, unless it's explicitly expressed. I do have a blind spot on that front, to some extent. It's clearer when observing exchanges between other people. I have had men approach just to directly compliment me, but it's very rare and horribly awkward for both parties. I mean... I don't know what to do with that information.
I've had men say something like, "You have long hair". Yes, yes, I do. ??? I think perhaps they wanted to compliment me, but without it seeming they were coming on to me? I don't know.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've had men say something like, "You have long hair". Yes, yes, I do. ??? I think perhaps they wanted to compliment me, but without it seeming they were coming on to me? I don't know.
:laugh: That's endearing (like a brain short circuit on their part, not knowing how to walk that social tightrope) and also, how the hell does one respond to that...?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I do tend to get "hit on" quite a bit. Moreso when I was younger, of course. Not sure why. Probably because I was raised by my mother and grandmother, so I am a bit androgynous, I suppose.
1717079162576.png

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Handsome guys, unfortunately. You know, like very symmetrical and such.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yes, i have been described by many as a magnet for freaks and stalkers etc. some of it is being a woman, being non-threatening looking, libra rising, but also my city (oakland, california) is probably one of the more likely places to get approached by strangers. plus my job is super public facing so i’m forced into having these weird interactions everyday.

i’ve tried my best to cultivate a less approachable vibe (sunglasses, headphones, speed walker, bitchy looking face). i also have curated my regular walking routes to avoid catcalling hot spots or anywhere else that may give a stranger opportunity to talk to me.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

White Raven
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
i’ve tried my best to cultivate a less approachable vibe (sunglasses, headphones, speed walker, bitchy looking face). i also have curated my regular walking routes to avoid catcalling hot spots or anywhere else that may give a stranger opportunity to talk to me.
It's unfortunate that you have to put in all that extra effort so that people won't bother you.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's unfortunate that you have to put in all that extra effort so that people won't bother you.
to be fair i do enjoy having my headphones in, wearing sunglasses, i walk very fast anyway and am naturally bitchy. but i have been very annoyed by having to change my favorite commuting routes because of large groups of rowdy men congregating on certain corners.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

White Raven
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
to be fair i do enjoy having my headphones in, wearing sunglasses, i walk very fast anyway and am naturally bitchy. but i have been very annoyed by having to change my favorite commuting routes because of large groups of rowdy men congregating on certain corners.
I'm glad you get some enjoyment out of it, at least!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

White Raven
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Im sure handsome guys hit on you all the time.
It happened to me in a park here. Also, in college, somebody thought I was hot and wanted to know my orientation on college once. I think a few people approached me on OKCupid, too.

GoggleGirl17

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably not more than most people. I think a good number of those who approach others don’t tend to “select” for individuals to approach, they just put themselves out there in general if you're accessible. At most of my jobs, I think people learned to avoid me (except for the ones who felt some moral duty to “bring me out of my shell”) because I act super disinterested towards co-workers like I can’t wait for them to stop talking so I can go back to being alone (I don’t enjoy mixing work and social life). I think people pick up on it for sure, even if I’m polite, since I don’t put much effort into engaging with them. At parties and such I’ve been told I come across as shy, so usually the more sensitive, less oblivious people will approach me while the more extroverted ones will be afraid to intrude.

Last edited:

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
People rarely approach me, but it does happen sometimes. The culture around here is friendly, polite and chill, but people generally mind their own business.

Sometimes I talk to random people just for human connection. It makes me sad that people don't talk to me more. I try to look approachable and be nice.

Generally, I'd rather climb shelves than ask for help, but occasionally I will ask if there's kindly looking tall man nearby. Ime tall men are very helpful and courteous.

I'd say women talk to me more than men, but it's almost entirely functional, even when clearly optional. I can't tell if I'm beneath male notice or somehow intimidating to them. Children probably feel as awkward around me as I feel around them. Cats love me, dogs accept me.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you look like this cat? If so it explains.

Maybe it's your vibe, you look friendly, approachable?

It must annoying at times but maybe look on the bright side.

1000014119.jpg