• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Did your childhood prepare you for our current situation?

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Honestly this is 100% different from my childhood... :huh: I would rarely stay home, I'd get easily bored and I always spent my time with friends or my siblings. I guess what helps me now (apart from having an internet connection) is that I'm adaptable, resourceful and I always try to see the bright side of things - but I'm not sure if I was born like this or learned this though

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was homeschooled my entire childhood and usually did my homework without teachers, just textbooks moreless, from my computer.

so when all classes transitioned to online learning I didn't flinch much...

I admit like, despite growing up a pretty lonely child and still not having a lot of friends, I'm personally struggling with feeling very isolated again.

chuwariwap

I was also prepared for this kind of situation as I am more adapted to living alone than with family or companion. Guess my childhood has a major contribution to this.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I know that I don't really count but ....

The local general social climate during my childhood was even darker than this and therefore I would say yes. Complete collapse on the legal order, economic collapse, tanks on the streets, multiple airstrike alerts every day, active concentration camps, 1/4 of the country was turned into refugees as whole cities were smashed into rubble ... and it lasted for years. Therefore for me all this is still relatively mild thus far. What is indeed based on the past, since the country and people are generally mentally and legally ready for something like this.