• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Climate Change Alarmism

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
1) No one said fossil fuel cars are not polluting. I said they don't pollute that much, NOT in comparison to electric cars.

2) I don't think anyone truly denies the climate is changing, they denybthe solutions will do anything to help it. At what point do you except its happening, and aim to decrease the damage instead of trying tobstop it? I think its way beyond the point of no return. Humans are not gonna stop reproducing and developing their nations.

3)C02 also used to exist before humans, and marine wildlife has died off many times throughout eath"s history. I think cleaning up the ocean is still a more effective method for helping marine life to survive, than stopping the natural disaster that is humanity. I've always considered by us polluting the enviroment etc, that nature will return to punish us and wipe us out. Life will return, after we are gone. Like an algea bloom in the ocean. Life doesn't remain static and unchanged, never has.

4) What is normal to you?

Climate change isn't going away as long as humans are alive, simple as that. So to actually stop hyper climate change, we have to stop humans from existing. My method was to decrease, not to stop. Because I recognize the importance it has to human survival because there are no alternatives, for our increasing populations as of yet. This is how we maintain the first world. I don't see places like Africa or China using all green energy in the next hundered years. Do you? That is where this falls apart. The West isn't enough to slow down climate change, even if we somehow managed to go all green. It is purely idealistic to think we can even have an impact on it to reverse it. As we don't know and or understand the climate completely either. Lets say the entire world gets rid of C02, and eaths population goes up. What if humans simply being alive starts causing climate change again? There is a finite amount of space on earth.

Also, talking about your opinions isn't propaganda. It's that kind of talk that has polarized people to begin with.

I am simply amazed how quickly you are giving up and make things look trivial. Plus I dare to call this propaganda because these are talking point typical for American right wing, which is desperately trying to save some things/businesses. Here serious public counter argument that climate change is a hoax or that is fully unfixable don't exist. Even if solution isn't 100% defined. In other words people who are completely on the "it is too late" train usually do this to keep status quo by trivializing. While the fact is that it is never too late to take the stand, even if in the end you don't really make it.

Also climate change will melt out Arctic sea ice and when that happens the warming will greatly speed up. What will change all kinds of patterns and cycles and on the other hand more and more people that live will depend on sea food. While acidification of oceans created by the additional CO2 in the atmosphere will brake the ecosystem completely, since various microorganism and coral reefs will not be able to handle this plus temperature change. Even if the entire ecosystem basically stands on top of them, since this are the foundations of the food chain and sea environment. What altogether leads to complete break of food chains and then some plastics in the sea will not mean anything anymore. If we don't fix this solving the problem of plastics in the oceans is pointless goal. Since you will have another Permian style disaster that wiped out over 90% of species some 250 million ago. What in the end means that our global food supply has completely collapsed. I mean if you are ok with this then we really have noting to talk about.

What we need is simply stop humanity from being dependent on fossil fuels. What is hard to do but achievable if you really give your best. We are kinda late so there will be some damage for sure but the worst can still be prevented. In other words for this to work there also need to be some changes in global trade and some dictatorships need to be dismantled, but humanity needs to do that even regardless of climate change. While some dictatorships are also starting to introduce green energy because they see the importance. Since with this they are buying energy independence, what strengthens the regime (read China). Also if there is general global concensus it is possible to isolate some countries from global trade if they don't try to push for more sustainable economy environment wise.

Plus we understand the climate system pretty well. Some details are still unexplored and predicting exact weather on the exact day is hard due to fluidity of the system. However we know very well what are main components and how they interact one with other. You simply don't have to know all the super details about an egg to know that the inner parts will get hard instead of gooey if you cook it. After all this bottom line is the only thing that really matters in the end.

In the history of the planet there was never a force that was this ruthless in digging out all the carbon out of the ground and therefore this is unprecedented situation that can't be compared with anything else. Plus this is the first time in the history of the planet that there is such a thing as coastal cities. Therefore for the first time someone needs to make sure that the sea level stays the same. In the natural state of things you can let this fluctuate but as it is now the damage will be too large if you do that.

Therefore in short: if there is will there is usually a way.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Has no one learned anything from this pandemic yet? It's literally staring at your face. Global catastrophes are legit and we'll be shivering in fear at the face of it. Things can be prevented if you're governments are proactive, but no, humankind never learns.

Jaguar

Shellenberger is selling a book on that page - link to Amazon. No, you're not "right" about anything. You merely have an opinion. And opinion is not fact. That you can't distinguish the difference between the two is cause for concern.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Has no one learned anything from this pandemic yet? It's literally staring at your face. Global catastrophes are legit and we'll be shivering in fear at the face of it. Things can be prevented if you're governments are proactive, but no, humankind never learns.
The pandemic taught me that the bolded is incorrect.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The pandemic taught me that the bolded is incorrect.

Well then clearly New Zealand and Thailand having barely any cases today as compared to the US always ahead in daily cases does not make any sense.

Lark

Well then clearly New Zealand and Thailand having barely any cases today as compared to the US always ahead in daily cases does not make any sense.

Yeah, it's hard to argue with the facts, its why so many of the supporters of the degenerates running the show in the anglosphere are straight up ignoring them.

Lark

On Behalf Of Environmentalists, I Apologize For The Climate Scare

A climate change activist/environmentalist comes clean and admits that he misled the public for decades.

Why didn't this jerk speak up earlier?

Boo hooo. It's a little late buddy. People like you have ruined millions of lives by supporting stupid climate change policies. I hope you and your ilk get run over by an angry donkey.

See, I was right all along. :mad:

To be honest there's a bunch of things that I would attach the alarmism label to and that list has remained somewhat consistent since the nineties but climate change isnt one of those that would make the list.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Gonna chime in and just say that anyone who refuses to address climate change is putting their heads in the sand. Its a very real ongoing existential threat to humanity proven with lots of solid scientific evidence along with events we can see with our own eyes like sea levels going up and more and more ice melting every year. I think a big question is will our future generations be able to thrive as for all we know Earth might be the only planet humans can live on unless FTL comes along and allows us to explore space for other planets to move too but meh I wouldn't admire a species that had to ditch their own planet their sacred home planet full of garbage :p. I just think govermements need to invest more in cleaner energy.