• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Bible is as Toxic as Quran, but Christians Don't Believe the Bible Literally"

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Muslims contributed alot to the scientific advancements, for example the rennesance in 1600. Arabic books don't have an ISBN often. One of our imams wrote a book that is being educated in western schools. And you have quotes from for example imam Ali, all good.

From my own research, muslims contributing alot to science is a myth. They've barely contributed anything in a 1000 years.
If Islam has anything to do with science it's as a repressor rather than a promotor.

The few scientific achievements Islam is claiming comes from invaded countries (pre-islamic Persia and India), with the flow of new ideas dying soon after the country was massively brain washed, in most cases lost its culture and history (Persia) and turned into yet another caliphate.

One important contribution of Islamic countries though was the preservation of ancient Greek texts which then came back to the west centuries later. But as to create their own achievements, historically, not so much as far as I know.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Avicenna and "ibn al-haitham". Avicenna was a medical genious, and the other one was the one who disseceted the eye, and found out how it works, and I believe is the reason for optics, telescopes and microscopes, and you have gaber ibn hayan who was a geniious in chemics. The first university in the in the wold was muslim.

And my sister showed me a video on youtube: "the middle ages innovations by Arab Muslim scientists.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Avicenna and "ibn al-haitham". Avicenna was a medical genious, and the other one was the one who disseceted the eye, and found out how it works, and I believe is the reason for optics, telescopes and microscopes, and you have gaber ibn hayan who was a geniious in chemics. The first university in the in the wold was muslim.

And my sister showed me a video on youtube: "the middle ages innovations by Arab Muslim scientists.

Feel free to share some details. I'll check it out.
And I never said NOTHING, I said barely anything.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I don't think anyone disagrees that Muslims contributed to science, medicine, architecture, teaching and so on. What people are getting at is - how did such advanced and civilized societies that cherished knowledge and discovery go completely backwards? Is it Islam that made them slide back or, is their culture responsible?

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
We and Christians are 'faithers'. Sounds like fa(i)thers, right? So much is obvious from the etymology. Except faithers is not a word. We are believers.

You guys know God can't be mocked, yet you are trying. Like Lark and I said. Why should i cooperate with you to my demise? I am here to tell you that this thread (you) are bullshit. We are not toxic. If you are not interested in something, you should ignore it, and it will sink away if it deserves so. I take this personally.

Lark

We and Christians are 'faithers'. Sounds like fa(i)thers, right? So much is obvious from the etymology. Except faithers is not a word. We are believers.

You guys know God can't be mocked, yet you are trying. Like Lark and I said. Why should i cooperate with you to my demise? I am here to tell you that this thread (you) are bullshit. We are not toxic. If you are not interested in something, you should ignore it, and it will sink away if it deserves so. I take this personally.

Yeah, dont mistake anything that I've posted as a validation of anything at all that you've been typing.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
You don't bite, all you do is talk. I said earlier: "That which doesn't kill me have comitted a grave mistake". And someone said: "If you can't hit hard honourably, don't hit at all, that is a great crime."

So you guys are like school girls ganging up on believers and trying to 'win others voices' so you can break down believers.

But believers will have their faith until they decide to give it up. Or [MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION] do you want to hunt us because we believe in God?

Everyone deserves respect. If you don't respect someone you will either get their backs up or you collide with a rock, like a wave, which is going to disappear into nothing. So leave something good to be remembered by.

Lark

You don't bite, all you do is talk. I said earlier: "That which doesn't kill me have comitted a grave mistake". And someone said: "If you can't hit hard honourably, don't hit at all, that is a great crime."

So you guys are like school girls ganging up on believers and trying to 'win others voices' so you can break down believers.

But believers will have their faith until they decide to give it up. Or [MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION] do you want to hunt us because we believe in God?

Everyone deserves respect. If you don't respect someone you will either get their backs up or you collide with a rock, like a wave, which is going to disappear into nothing. So leave something good to be remembered by.

I dont think there's any "us", I think you're an isolated guy sitting behind a computer screen, my interest in anything you have to say has reached absolute zero and I doubt that anyone, anyone what so ever, has any reason to want to "hunt" you.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj

You need to learn to not give a shit as well.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Dude, i am .... Like psychologist by my type. Do you think you can trick me? Reality is that to be an Atheist is to be alone, and probably doing everything to not be alone. I am actually under "health care" and compulsion because i stood up for what i believe in, i was honest and honorable, despite what you or anyone believes. I did that alone, human wise, but i did it with God as my superior.

I can go through my whole life with my head held up high. No matter what happens. Because belief moves mountains.

Peace

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I don't care about your religion. I don't care if you believe or disbelieve. I don't care if you keep it or give it up. No one is disrespecting you. You are avoiding directly asked questions. Why?

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
Dude, i am .... Like psychologist by my type. Do you think you can trick me? Reality is that to be an Atheist is to be alone, and probably doing everything to not be alone. I am actually under "health care" and compulsion because i stood up for what i believe in, i was honest and honorable, despite what you or anyone believes. I did that alone, human wise, but i did it with God as my superior.

I can go through my whole life with my head held up high. No matter what happens. Because belief moves mountains.

Peace

Psychologist usally have mental issues too.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't care about your religion. I don't care if you believe or disbelieve. I don't care if you keep it or give it up. No one is disrespecting you. You are avoiding directly asked questions. Why?
Because I don't know. All i know is it is important to have good faith (without proof) and belief (with proof).

I don't think you can adequately answer, what is it called to indulge with words without knowing what you are saying (or caring). Like disrespecting the words and yourself. Because i don't remember this word.

Peace :)

Silence is golden

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Psychologist usally have mental issues too.
I have Asperger Syndrom. It is not an illness, but a state being different from regular humans neurobiologically. Some like to think of Aspies as extraterrestials.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think anyone disagrees that Muslims contributed to science, medicine, architecture, teaching and so on. What people are getting at is - how did such advanced and civilized societies that cherished knowledge and discovery go completely backwards? Is it Islam that made them slide back or, is their culture responsible?
From what I have read, the causes were mainly political, as in power struggles among ruling factions. It has been much the same with Christianity, since at root, people are people. The differences are mainly in flavor and degree. Even now, Biblical arguments are used to direct or condemn various forms of scientific inquiry. It was worse during the time of the Inquisition, when the discoveries of scientists like Galileo threatened to undercut justifications for church hierarchy and authority.