• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Bible is as Toxic as Quran, but Christians Don't Believe the Bible Literally"

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

thx Lark

Moar tits on left pic.

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've known many a Catholic who takes the a Bible VERY literally - that's pretty much what I spent 9 years around. I'm sure there's plenty of Muslims, Jews, really any member of any other religion who does the exact same with their Holy Books. And I'm sure there's huge numbers of practicers of any religion who don't interpret everything as being so literal.

I would have to agree with anyone who says a possibly self-proclaimed "zealous atheist" is going to find any weak point in religion they can. Just like how someone who is zealously religious would have plenty of issues with atheism as a whole.

BrainySchmuck

MBTI Type
IN?J
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Unfortunately your post only reinforced how fool the believers like you are.
If you don't know how to prove that there's a god then don't say something stupid like that, as you make it seem like if logic is only atheists' tool, while the truth is logic is a neutral tool, it can prove god's existence through correct theses or disprove it through false theses.

Edit: this reply is for AphroditeGoneAwry

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dawkins is good at science. He needs to shut up on religion. He can believe whatever he wants. But he seriously sucks at debates.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes. God can be neither be proven nor disproven. Therefore, why bother. Other than "I want to prove I'm right!" Which is cute and all, but ultimately pointless.

The bible can be interpreted literally as well as metaphorically. But yes. A vast majority of christians (the ones I'm constantly around especially) tend to be very ... literal. Very. Logic does not compute. Obey book. Know your place. Questioning is a scary place, you don't want to get burned by your insolence go the cause. System of control.

But no. I do not believe the bible, or the words of this yeshua character was meant to be the way it is... I believe it has been altered too many times that the original meaning the man named yeshua meant is now long lost. There is evidence if you look. And it is obvious it would be altered anyway considering all the "writers" taking over. What I can't get out of my head is how they can possibly fathom in any way that the bible is all and all "perfect" and "the word of god". Absolute. The real world doesn't deal in absolutes.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
There's a big difference, particularly with Christians over Jews...the New Testament emphasizes humility, love, sexual monogamy, forgiveness, etc. ..Christ led an example that Muslims call "weak" of love, forgiveness,,equality, specific healing not only of lepers but prostitution, and a departure from legalism and separation of church and state..only a deeply ignorant person, most likely an angry atheist, would even suggest the legalism, military strategy and vengeance of Islam was "exactly like Christianity" just because some sinners in the Old Testament made mistakes, despite their faith in God.

Muhammad was likely a delusional pathological narcissist, made especial rules for himself, married repeatedly and had sex slaves, and had a relationship with a child, while Jesus either never married or married one woman with religious education, while condemning materialism and war. There's no comparison, if Muhammad is their Jesus.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've known many a Catholic who takes the a Bible VERY literally - that's pretty much what I spent 9 years around. I'm sure there's plenty of Muslims, Jews, really any member of any other religion who does the exact same with their Holy Books. And I'm sure there's huge numbers of practicers of any religion who don't interpret everything as being so literal.

I would have to agree with anyone who says a possibly self-proclaimed "zealous atheist" is going to find any weak point in religion they can. Just like how someone who is zealously religious would have plenty of issues with atheism as a whole.

As an aethiest...I have seen religious people and I want better. I can't argue if God doesn't exist, that's like saying the needle in the haystack doesn't exist. There is no logic anywhere that can prove he does or doesnt exist, just logic that can change probabilities. If he does exist, we have a lot of people who need help...I got my life

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
I am muslim and we give peace, and we are not pasifistic, that which doesn't kill me has comitted a grave tactical and strategic error. Allah will complete his truth though the disbeliever may be averse. There is no compulsion in religion and Islam.

Peace ^_^

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
There are many things I don't understand from the Quran and therefore is inaccesible for me. Like Christians we are supposed to believe in the unknown. And we are good. We and Christians accept what we get.

Mole

Permabanned
Biblical Criticism

There are many things I don't understand from the Quran and therefore is inaccesible for me. Like Christians we are supposed to believe in the unknown. And we are good. We and Christians accept what we get.

Over many hundreds of years both the Judaic and Christian bibles have been subject to biblical criticism using many diverse disciples.

The result of this long scholarly biblical criticism has been to detoxify the bible.

By contrast the Koran had been subject to no Koranic criticism, and remains as toxic as the day it was written.

The Koran is a toxic medieval text which has not entered the modern world, and is used today to justify the horrors of Islam, such as jihad, terrorism, the violation of the rights of women, violation of the rights of homosexuals, the abuse of children, discrimination against Jews, Christians and Infidels, it justifies slavery, it teaches Islamic supremacy, the rejection of liberal democracy and the rejection of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and not least, it justifies anti-semitism, the mark of evil in the modern world.

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Over many hundreds of years both the Judaic and Christian bibles have been subject to biblical criticism using many diverse disciples.

The result of this long scholarly biblical criticism has been to detoxify the bible.

By contrast the Koran had been subject to no Koranic criticism, and remains as toxic as the day it was written.

The Koran is a toxic medieval text which has not entered the modern world, and is used today to justify the horrors of Islam, such as jihad, terrorism, the violation of the rights of women, violation of the rights of homosexuals, the abuse of children, discrimination against Jews, Christians and Infidels, it justifies slavery, it teaches Islamic supremacy, the rejection of liberal democracy and the rejection of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and not least, it justifies anti-semitism, the mark of evil in the modern world.
Allah is superior, and islam is his religion. We believe Jews are Gods chosen people, but we muslims are commanders of good and forbidders of evil (we have different roles) so Jews don't do their duty as Gods chosen, therefore they are evil.

Ah!...

But not all muslims are good. Yet we give peace.

Peace

Mole

Permabanned
Allah is superior, and islam is his religion. We believe Jews are Gods chosen people, but we muslims are commanders of good and forbidders of evil (we have different roles) so Jews don't do their duty as Gods chosen, therefore they are evil.

Ah!...

Peace

It is better to stop spouting Islamic propaganda to an intelligent and educated audience, and start thinking about Islam. A good place to start is the book Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali, click on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq50fPawoA4

Mustafa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Mouslims are often highly educated, and the first word revealed in the Quran was and is 'read'.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Ah!...

Peace

Dangers of religion. Can condemn any demography as evil if they deny 'our' God.

Dawkins is good at science. He needs to shut up on religion. He can believe whatever he wants. But he seriously sucks at debates.

Do science advocates feel insecure about their findings? No, because their UNDERSTANDINGS (not beliefs) are based on research and evidence.

But can't say the same thing about most if not ALL religions. They feel insecure when questioned about their respective religions. This is because they are not based on evidence and hangs by a thread on alleged miracles done before the video camera was invented.

Lolz and he is actually quite good at debates unless by 'sucks' you mean a denier of religious dogma. Watch that video and tell me he is not good at making a point.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
i can sense this thread will get ugly, nasty an someone will leave crying. if you can continue through this thing without going ape shit toward each other an without directing your malevolence toward people/animals outside the real world, by all means continue on. if not, you probably should not participate in this thread.

Lark

Listening to the "easter reflective meditation" from the Church of England on the radio yesterday I dont believe that they believe in the bible either, I dont simply mean in an observant of tradition, or giving tradition and other literary sources perhaps, since the was a lot of talk about Shakespeare, but I dont believe that they believe in anything supernatural what so ever.

Which I think makes them atheists.