• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Astrology

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My bad, I must've misread the post.

All good. It's not a requirement for the thread, so others might be willing to without a specific question. It does tend to be helpful in terms of knowing where to start, though. It will also likely be of more value to you.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Gem, the time of birth is super important ... a twelve-hour difference is huge! Without the time there's no way to figure out the ascendant, which is what makes your chart uniquely yours. If you could find out, I'd be very happy to take a stab at it.

Yeah i'm gonna try with that, it's just a case of not knowing where things were put or being able to find them when you look. It will turn up when I'm not looking so the best thing for me to do is stop looking.:smile: And thank you, I will def take you up on that! (I know the shape of the chart is the same either way as I had a play with the different times on the astro site, which is interesting, but obvious when i think about it)

Also, ops I'm pisces moon, think i'm virgo rising (mums guess) better to wait till I have all the info to present to you in one go though. You are an amazing superstar senza!

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Has anyone here ever heard of the Lal Kitaab? I have that book for astrology, bought it in Mumbai nearly two years ago... but I'm still quite confused on how to apply it. :mellow:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OH MAN 10th House in Pisces REPRESENT

Goin to let my freak flag fly

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If I understand Rising correctly.. I must be Cancer Ascendent. :wubbie:

I carry the Archetype of the Mother @Xann

Damn Good Article:

Zodiac Sign of Cancer: fLuck You | Stellar Maze

Stellar Maze said:
[h=1]Zodiac Sign of Cancer: fLuck You[/h]JANUARY 15, 2015 BLAKE@STELLARMAZE.COM 19 COMMENTS
The zodiac sign of Cancer is extremely romantic in the true sense of that word. No-holds barred romanticism. The kind of romanticism that makes an exemplar of the scientific temperament such as Albert Einstein say, “Imagination is more important than knowledge.”
Cancers are extremely sensitive to everything. Everything affects them acutely in the moment. Pisces, the second contender for most sensitive sign in the zodiac, at least has some remove and delay from the immediate sting of circumstances due to its mutability. Cancer has no filter. Like the mercury in a thermometer, they simply register in the inner emotional world what was said or done in the outside world. Cancer is like a feeling scale similar to how the sign of Libra is a thinking scale.
If someone says something to a Cancer like, “Why are you so fat?” they take it at face value and react completely emotionally. They don’t think about the motives for why the person might have said that or that it might have been something that really had nothing to do with them because that person may have been having a bad day. Maybe that person is wounded and is simply trying to wound others. No, none of that registers with Cancer. The only thing that registers is how much what they said hurt them, the effect it had on Cancer. Understanding other’s motives for doing things is not their forte. That capability would fall under the sign of Scorpio, the second water sign in the zodiac.
So, what’s the deal with water? Water represents feelings. Feelings are by their nature difficult to talk about in any objective way. Feelings are irrational. They just are.
And that is how it is to Cancer. Feelings are neither right nor wrong. Feelings feel either good or bad. They set up negative or positive connotations in the experiencer of them that prejudice them towards further experiences of that stimulus or future avoidance of that stimulus. Cancer likes to feel good as a general rule.
But, due to Cancer having no intermediation between itself and the outside, such as the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, they are the most liable to acute suffering of all the twelve signs. This leads them to either build a wall between themselves and the outside world or into the second most prominent trait of Cancer and their primary gift, self-expression.
Cancers more than any other sign need to talk about their problems and they always have lots of them because there is no end to the mortal miseries one may experience on this blue-green marble of ours. One can picture the natives of Cancer as the eternal psychological patients lying on the couch of the psychologist, going on about all the little things that have affected them since the last time they were there. The way their wife looked at them at dinner last Tuesday, the little thing that their mother said to them on the phone last chat, the way their boss made them feel unappreciated when they were trying to do their best to meet the company deadlines.
Cancers need to feel puffed up and enthused. That is the only way to motivate them. They of all signs respond least positively to negative motivation. Tough love? Don’t do it with Cancers. They won’t understand it. They basically require a neverending diet of esteem and applause. “You’re doing such a good job.” “You’re making a difference.” “You’re alright, you know that.” The reason they need to be told they’re alright is because they are always in danger of not being alright. More than any other sign they are moody as the Dickens. One simple off remark could send them plummeting down into the toilets of self-despair and self-pity and self-anything, as long as it has something to do with the self.
Yes, Cancers are very self-motivated. They are self, self, self. If something doesn’t touch the self of Cancer then it might as well not exist. It has no reality. Unlike the sign of Gemini that can work on anything as long as it gives them a puzzle to solve, it is not so with Cancer. Cancer needs to be personally moved by something in some way for them to pay any attention to it at all. And they tend to work on things in an all-or-nothing fashion. If they see a person, job, or situation as significant they will put all of themselves into it. They will be on fire, they will be manic, and nothing else will exist to them. This is the quality that makes them such quintessential lovers and romantics, especially in a romantic temperament.
You need to build Cancers up, blow them up into big fat puffy balloons. Then they can conquer the world. Many Cancers rely heavily on some mother-type figure to fix them up, however, they are challenged to become their own sources of nurturance. More than any other sign, the experience they had of their mother in early youth will set them up either for a life of victory or defeat. Cancers develop complexes and they need a particularly strong and astute psychologist to unravel the damage done if they happen to be clams. Cancers are straddling the fence between clannish secrecy on the one side and exploding out into unbridled self-expression on the other.
Some of the most psychologically damaged and greatest artists that have ever existed have been Cancer rising natives, or had the sign of Cancer prominent in their birth charts. Basically, a Cancer must become an artist in some way if they are to psychologically survive in this world. Some people have to be artists. It isn’t a choice. It is so with Cancer. In a romantic temperament, this need reaches its zenith.
You can also err with a Cancer by spoiling the living hell out of them. Yes, they are difficult. You’re fucked if you do and fucked if you don’t. And did I mention that Cancers have some of the biggest potty mouths this side of creation. Picture the proverbial Brooklyn guy saying, “Hey, fuck you buddy” in that mumbly-mouthed and insular way, like they were speaking through cotton gauze. Cancer is the sign of the lower square aspect in astrology, making them particularly susceptible to their id impulses. This means totally irrational and inelegant expressions from the toilet of existence.
Cancers may not know why other people do the things they do but they have the best potential of all twelve signs to understand how they tick and what works or doesn’t work for them. This is more in the sense of action rather than being.
It has to be actionable. That is the key to Cancer’s success. Otherwise, Cancer can get stuck in a neverending morass of neuroses and fears. The personal and the public are inextricably connected for Cancer. Unlike Capricorn, they don’t know how to quash the personal and just put on that public face to meet the faces they have to meet. No, Cancers have to let it all hang out in public. If they are successful in business or enterprise it is usually by including some very personal elements in their offerings. Cancer is so subjective in orientation that it can’t effectively draw the line between what is public and what is private.
Thank god they are the luckiest sign. Cancers can get away with being obscene little buggers. The public instinctively likes them and is particularly tolerant of their personal foibles. Remember when Mel Gibson got in trouble for getting caught saying something about Jews. Remember when Michael Richardson, of Seinfeld fame, got caught on video calling someone in his audience a nigger.
Both Cancer Risings. Both potty mouths. And both will probably be forgiven. And they should. Because Cancers don’t mean anything by it. I mean, Michael Richardson is a Jew and Mel Gibson is a nigger so they can probably just go ahead and cancel each other out.
Hey, I’m using Cancer logic here. This ain’t Gemini I’m talking about. And don’t even bring up those politically correct Aquarians.
Hey, fuck you buddy.

Has anyone here ever heard of the Lal Kitaab? I have that book for astrology, bought it in Mumbai nearly two years ago... but I'm still quite confused on how to apply it. :mellow:

I'm presuming it's Vedic (sidereal) astrology since it's Indian, which is a different, much more complex form of astrology in comparison to Tropical (western) astrology. Many of your placements in Tropical astrology would be switched to the sign before in Vedic because they believe the signs are defined by the positions of the stars and constellations rather than through the seasonal movement of the Sun, which Tropical uses. For instance, I'm a Cancer Sun, but my Sun in Vedic is in Gemini. Also, the Moon and Ascendant along with the Nakshatras a.k.a Lunar Mansions in Vedic are seen with higher importance than the Sun like in Tropical. I haven't read the book you have and am not too familiar with Vedic in general, but to get more info on it I would look up this astrologer called krschannel on youtube. He goes over many placements in depth. :)

EDIT: Oh nevermind, I just found out Lal Kitab is different from Vedic. :doh: Ignore me.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm presuming it's Vedic (sidereal) astrology since it's Indian, which is a different, much more complex form of astrology in comparison to Tropical (western) astrology. Many of your placements in Tropical astrology would be switched to the sign before in Vedic because they believe the signs are defined by the positions of the stars and constellations rather than through the seasonal movement of the Sun, which Tropical uses. For instance, I'm a Cancer Sun, but my Sun in Vedic is in Gemini. Also, the Moon and Ascendant along with the Nakshatras a.k.a Lunar Mansions in Vedic are seen with higher importance than the Sun like in Tropical. I haven't read the book you have and am not too familiar with Vedic in general, but to get more info on it I would look up this astrologer called krschannel on youtube. He goes over many placements in depth. :)

EDIT: Oh nevermind, I just found out Lal Kitab is different from Vedic. :doh: Ignore me.

Haha that's all right dear :laugh: :hug: I do appreciate your thoughts on Vedic astrology though, thanks for the insight! :heart:

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Sun in capricorn
Moon in Gemini
Cancer rising
Venus in Sagittarius

I have all the elements! I think that makes me the Avatar

TmYYczZ.png

here's mine [MENTION=7254]Wind Up Rex[/MENTION] [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

I don't really know what to ask, what do I do with this information?
I guess I'd just want to know how it affects my relationships.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
[MENTION=23915]Hawthorne[/MENTION]
I would read your chart as "Opportunity"
You're welcome.

omg i want a cool enigmatic one-liner to describe my chart! can you grace me with one starry please

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=30038]Gentleman Jack[/MENTION] -- I finished the interpretation on planetary rulership in your chart. It's in the spoilers. Let me know if you have questions.

Also, if you ever doubted my commitment to the cause, I had to spend a good chunk of time thinking about Neptune things. I've made clear on multiple occasions that I find this to be highly triggering. So...yeah. :(

Sun in capricorn
Moon in Gemini
Cancer rising
Venus in Sagittarius

I have all the elements! I think that makes me the Avatar

TmYYczZ.png

here's mine [MENTION=7254]Wind Up Rex[/MENTION] [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]

I don't really know what to ask, what do I do with this information?
I guess I'd just want to know how it affects my relationships.

Just glancing at it, I'd guess that you tend to be attracted to individuals that are self-assured, bright, weird and highly independent. You have a hard time making it work with these people because they think you come on too strong when you fall. It stresses you out because the intensity and "heaviness" with which you pursue romantic interests is kind of at odds with the rest of you, which tends to be ambitious, intellectual, gregarious and definitely not "needy".

I'd recommend either individuals with more water in their chart, or people with their sun in the yangier fixed signs (Leo and Aquarius).

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
[MENTION=30038]Gentleman Jack[/MENTION] -- I finished the interpretation on planetary rulership in your chart. It's in the spoilers. Let me know if you have questions.

Also, if you ever doubted my commitment to the cause, I had to spend a good chunk of time thinking about Neptune things. I've made clear on multiple occasions that I find this to be highly triggering. So...yeah. :(

Just glancing at it, I'd guess that you tend to be attracted to individuals that are self-assured, bright, weird and highly independent. You have a hard time making it work with these people because they think you come on too strong when you fall. It stresses you out because the intensity and "heaviness" with which you pursue romantic interests is kind of at odds with the rest of you, which tends to be ambitious, intellectual, gregarious and definitely not "needy".

I'd recommend either individuals with more water in their chart, or people with their sun in the yangier fixed signs (Leo and Aquarius).

Thanks so much for this. Wow that was really rather spot on. Hauntingly so. [MENTION=7254]Wind Up Rex[/MENTION] wow. Especially that whole Pluto thing and growing up. like really wow.
02d8b41a19953fbd6eeca08cc9c0a63b.jpg

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks so much for this. Wow that was really rather spot on. Hauntingly so. [MENTION=7254]Wind Up Rex[/MENTION] wow. Especially that whole Pluto thing and growing up. like really wow.

Neat. I'm glad that it resonated and hope it's helpful. Sorry again for the delay on the post.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Rex already told me Chiron plays nasty on my chart, but I would love more input....

wJTLunL.jpg