• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Astrology

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
I have a question, in interpreting my own chart, where should I begin?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

the simplest things you can do are:
look up the placements in your chart (moon in gemini, mercury in capricorn, etc)
look up the houses the planets are in (1st house mars, 7th house mercury, etc)
the aspects between the planets (mars opposite mercury, saturn conjunct neptune, etc)

the hard part, that i'm still trying to gain understanding of is figuring out what is important and interpreting the chart as a whole instead of just looking at the details. i've been studying astrology on and off for 10+ years and still struggle with it. there's so much to look at!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
the simplest things you can do are:
look up the placements in your chart (moon in gemini, mercury in capricorn, etc)
look up the houses the planets are in (1st house mars, 7th house mercury, etc)
the aspects between the planets (mars opposite mercury, saturn conjunct neptune, etc)

the hard part, that i'm still trying to gain understanding of is figuring out what is important and interpreting the chart as a whole instead of just looking at the details. i've been studying astrology on and off for 10+ years and still struggle with it. there's so much to look at!

Really? I mean obviously I learned Astrology just less than a week ago and I can't do it on my own without other's interpretations for now and a long while but I feel like I'm just comfortable knowing that each thing is just a small part of me bad or good and give them equal consideration.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Really? I mean obviously I learned Astrology just less than a week ago and I can't do it on my own without other's interpretations for now and a long while but I feel like I'm just comfortable knowing that each thing is just a small part of me bad or good and give them equal consideration.

From my very limited understanding, not everything is equal. Some planets (and asteroids) may have very strong roles in your chart, while others are barely causing an influence. There are supposed to be ways to understand why something is stronger on one person's chart but insignificant on another's.

I found something the other day playing around that rated the strongest forces on one's chart. So, Neptune might be really big on one person's chart, but minor on another person's chart, for example.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
From my very limited understanding, not everything is equal. Some planets (and asteroids) may have very strong roles in your chart, while others are barely causing an influence. There are supposed to be ways to understand why something is stronger on one person's chart but insignificant on another's.

I found something the other day playing around that rated the strongest forces on one's chart. So, Neptune might be really big on one person's chart, but minor on another person's chart, for example.

I see! Yeah feel free to add anything more, I'm pretty new so I'm ready to learn and hear. :)

I believe if I understand correctly like your sun/moon sign, rising, midheaven, and maybe like 12th house is like pretty important? I'm probably missing some, but there's only like one thing I don't think applies too much but I haven't read everything deeply so..

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I see! Yeah feel free to add anything more, I'm pretty new so I'm ready to learn and hear. :)

I believe if I understand correctly like your sun/moon sign, rising, midheaven, and maybe like 12th house is like pretty important? I'm probably missing some, but there's only like one thing I don't think applies too much but I haven't read everything deeply so..

Yes, from the little I have picked up..... so, I computer generate chart will give a general idea, but someone with experience can see the significance of placements and relationships.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Free Chart Selection - Astrodienst

go to methods: pullen/astrolog, chart type: simple chart dilineation

it will rank your most significant planets/signs. although i've used 2 other generators like this and have gotten pretty different results on all three.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Rex already told me Chiron plays nasty on my chart, but I would love more input....

wJTLunL.jpg

Chiron shows where there's wounding in every chart. It's not just out to get you personally lol.

Different people do different things. Just going through this thread, you'll see that [MENTION=23222]senza tema[/MENTION], [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] and myself all have different approaches that can result in something that's meaningful to the person we're reading for.

My own approach is to interpretation works on what I wrote in an earlier post:

Planets in an astrological chart are essentially “actors”. If your whole natal chart is the movie going on inside your head, then planets are the players in that drama. The signs tell you roughly the kind of character that actor is playing, and the houses tells you the setting for the action of the film. Aspects are the dynamics between the characters.

That breaks down into a couple of steps:

1) Who are the actors? - This is the initial and most basic step, but is really important to get right. What [MENTION=7991]chickpea[/MENTION] was saying about being able to understand planet in sign and house is the first part of this question. There are a lot of great resources including the interactive horoscopes at astrodienst and the articles they have at cafeastrology that can help you build this understanding.

2) Who is in the leading roles? - This question relates to who are your main characters, who's supporting cast and who are extras? Traditionally, the way this is done is a dispositor tree. The Pullen delineation tool that was mentioned is useful, but I usually use it as a "check" on a dispositor tree rather than by itself. You can pull a dispositor tree from the same section of astrodienst as the delination tool. This is kind of a more intermediate thing technically than 1), so don't fret if it's baffling. If you want just a basic intro on chart rulership, I'd recommend this article. The article looks cheesy af, but the guy wrote a really great book on astrology that taught me a lot.

3) What is the relationship between the characters? - Understanding relationship between planets in a chart is where you really start digging into aspects. How you understand the relationships is going to be shaped by what you know about the planets based on the work you've done in 1) and 2). If I have sun square venus, before I try to understand that dynamic I know that my sun in cancer in the 4th house is a very sensitive kind of moon. It's introverted and kind of nostalgic. Whereas my moon in Libra in 7th house is much more social and outgoing. It values reason and is socially savvy. Without knowing anything about the angles involved, I know that if some Zach Braff from Garden State type dude has to suddenly deal with Christoph Waltz from basically any Christoph Waltz movie, then that's going to be kind of an odd couple. There's going to be a conflict between Zach wanting to just sit and feel his feelings and Christoph's refined, intellectual maneuverings. That basic conflict is what is captured by the square. The better you understand the two planets, the easier it is to guess what's going to happen if they have to meet up.

That is really all there is to astrology. 3) can get complicated the more detailed your understanding of 1) and 2) become. But that's pretty much all I'm doing when I look at a chart. I would recommend these resources to get you started if you want to learn more:

Astro Library - Will walk you through the basics. The material is good.
Cafe Astrology - Good for understanding planets and houses.
Astrodienst - Great resource for generating any chart you could want for free.
Bob Mark's Astrology - Bob is old school. I don't necessarily like him, but he's thorough and presents a lot of concepts in a clear way.

Jules-- if you want some homework, why not post some initial thoughts on describing your chart and get feedback? I would start with just the planets in the chart. Who are they? What are they like? What do they want?

Anyone else who wants to try to post their own interpretations for feedback are welcome to as well.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
question... what's the meaning of a kite pattern?

I've had my chart interpreted before and was told that the kite pattern is where my fate lies, and upon looking at it I'm not sure that I like what it's saying... just wanted a little more perspective on that please! :)

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
[MENTION=7991]chickpea[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7254]Wind Up Rex[/MENTION], I will definitely get to reading those sources and using those steps. Thanks so much for the awesome feedback! :hug:

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
So, from what I've read up on so far and sort of figured out is that it's entirely possible for the sun (and which sign it's located) to have very little significance for some people. This could explain why I've never related to the Aquarian archetype as the revolutionary, rebel and humanitarian. Another planet and sign could have a lot more influence than the sun, correct?

So my next question would be, is the influence of the sign stronger if more planets are located in it? (I only ask that because so far I haven't read anything about discerning that, but it just might not have gotten to it yet.)

From what I can tell so far, and from using a little help from [MENTION=7991]chickpea[/MENTION]'s link, the main characters (planets) seem to be Saturn, Mars and Jupiter. Which, yeah, reading about them I relate a little more than I'm comfortable with.

So, from what I've read up on so far and sort of figured out is that it's entirely possible for the sun (and which sign it's located) to have very little significance for some people. This could explain why I've never related to the Aquarian archetype as the revolutionary, rebel and humanitarian. Another planet and sign could have a lot more influence than the sun, correct?

So my next question would be, is the influence of the sign stronger if more planets are located in it? (I only ask that because so far I haven't read anything about discerning that, but it just might not have gotten to it yet.)

From what I can tell so far, and from using a little help from [MENTION=7991]chickpea[/MENTION]'s link, the main characters (planets) seem to be Saturn, Mars and Jupiter. Which, yeah, reading about them I relate a little more than I'm comfortable with.

Yes, it does for some people. For instance, if someone only has a Pisces Sun, but a Moon, Mercury and Venus in Aquarius, they would appear more Aquarian than Pisces in nature. If you have multiples of the same sign in other planets, then that is most likely going to be your dominant sign. I have 3 planets including my Sun in Cancer and I've always related to my Sun sign, even though the Sun isn't as prominent as other planets in my chart. Cancer is my most dominant, and then Capricorn, which is my MC, North Node and also Uranus and Neptune, both also being in my 10th house.

Houses are also taken into consideration. My sister is a double Taurus Sun and Moon, but since she has both in her 11th house of Aquarius along with her Gemini Mercury, she also appears Aquarian and it is her second most dominant in her chart, despite not having any planets in Aquarius. Hope this somewhat makes sense. :)

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
Yes, it does for some people. For instance, if someone only has a Pisces Sun, but a Moon, Mercury and Venus in Aquarius, they would appear more Aquarian than Pisces in nature. If you have multiples of the same sign in other planets, then that is most likely going to be your dominant sign. I have 3 planets including my Sun in Cancer and I've always related to my Sun sign, even though the Sun isn't as prominent as other planets in my chart. Cancer is my most dominant, and then Capricorn, which is my MC, North Node and also Uranus and Neptune, both also being in my 10th house.

Houses are also taken into consideration. My sister is a double Taurus Sun and Moon, but since she has both in her 11th house of Aquarius along with her Gemini Mercury, she also appears Aquarian and it is her second most dominant in her chart, despite not having any planets in Aquarius. Hope this somewhat makes sense. :)

It definitely did, thank you! I'm reading up a lot on Saturn, Mars, Capricorn and Taurus as they seem to the most prominent. I'll look into which house(s) is the most prominent too and see what rules them since that could play into the influences.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT HOW AWESOME I AM.

:encore:

7w2crwF.jpg

If that's too vague, career stuff would be cool. Like difficulties in getting stuff done and how to address that.

Also, are there books, websites, Youtube channels, podcasts the old hands would recommend for noobs just getting started with astrology?

I call [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=5418]Lady_X[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7991]chickpea[/MENTION] to assemble with me so we can weed out the mistyped ESFJs out of NFP society by eliminating those who are not libra rising

:troll:

Starry

I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT HOW AWESOME I AM.

:encore:

7w2crwF.jpg

If that's too vague, career stuff would be cool. Like difficulties in getting stuff done and how to address that.

You need to become a famous artist that does commissioned work. <-And no, I'm not exaggerating.

I feel a slight sense of guilt for not "pulling my own weight" in this thread (where the hell is [MENTION=8584]SpankyMcFly[/MENTION] huh? There are people in desperate need of Astrology over here...come on! :wink: ) but then when I read Rex's beautiful/compelling descriptions/interpretations I'm always glad I maintained my state of lazyass. Somewhere along my typologycentral line I completely burned myself out on providing descriptions and explanations for type...and am learning after having involved myself here...that 'wow' this is very similar to doing the exact same thing. I can give you What and just enough Why to make astrology even more confusing... and then I'll ask [MENTION=7254]Wind Up Rex[/MENTION] to come in and make it look like I know what I'm talking about.

I'm looking at your 2nd, 6th and 10th houses for a snapshot on "career stuff" and it's all looking real good to me. I mean, if I had to guess based on what I see in your chart...I would imagine a person that knew exactly what they wanted to do. I would imagine an individual that knew the answer...that had the sum but knew nothing of *the equation*. "What do I need to do to get there?" which is probably what you are saying with "Like difficulties in getting stuff done and how to address that"

As a fellow NFP united in solidarity :solidarity: let me ask you this... Which do you think came first for you...NFP or Taurus ruling your 6th House? Okay, I'm sorta kidding but the 6th house rules a variety of odds and ends including *the equation*. The 6th house is providing a safe haven for things like..."daily chores", routine, organization, details, service, work like laundry and dishes that just goes on and on and on and on and on...:ack!: You probably don't know what Chiron is but the fact you don't have it in the 6th house like I do is well... you are NFP blessed fyi.

Having the Bull as commander and chief of that house...(Taurus)...that could be your best friend forever or work against your ability to establish a meaningful career at every turn...it's 100% up to you which way you go with that. <-Seeing you didn't know that though and in light of your questions I'm going to assume Taurus is choosing the path of least resistance right now and is currently napping in the pasture like he do.

Taurus in the 6th assures you that you have the stamina to go the distance. All you need to do to obtain anything you want really...but yes all you need to do obtain the career of your dreams...is to stop dreaming and start doing. And I very much mean this...it would be infinately better for you to be doing something wrong on your journey towards career...than dreaming of the right way to get there. Do. Even if you don't know what the hell you are doing...keep doing. Do your way to the career you long for.

So, earth rules all three houses I mention...so I'm thinking commissioned work where you create some tangible product or meaningful service. You should be quite successful.

okay, I think I'm done now.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can I ask someone else's interpretation of the relationship between Saturn/Capricorn and my sun sign/Jupiter on my chart? My chart was here, and my planet rankings would be back here. This may be a bit forward of me, and I thank anyone who is able to do this.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As a fellow NFP united in solidarity :solidarity: let me ask you this... Which do you think came first for you...NFP or Taurus ruling your 6th House? Okay, I'm sorta kidding but the 6th house rules a variety of odds and ends including *the equation*. The 6th house is providing a safe haven for things like..."daily chores", routine, organization, details, service, work like laundry and dishes that just goes on and on and on and on and on...:ack!: You probably don't know what Chiron is but the fact you don't have it in the 6th house like I do is well... you are NFP blessed fyi.

I have Chiron in the 6th house, too. What is your experience of it? It's also conjunct Venus in 6th house Cancer, opposite Saturn and Neptune in exact conjunction in Capricorn. I want to give my Venus a hug sometimes. Her only friend is Pluto and, honestly, god bless lol. :dont:

The bolded gave me such a different understanding of Virgo. I think usual conversation around that sign is "perfection" and not "safety", but it makes such good sense. Why else would someone want to be perfect if not to be safe from reproach? It also makes a sort of "narrative sense" from Taurus. Like, this is what I "have" how do you guard it in the presence of others? Yep. That's good. I'm going to have to play with how that pings on the progression through the mutable signs. Thanks, Starry. :wubbie:

Starry

I have Chiron in the 6th house, too. What is your experience of it?

Okay, it all makes sense to me now haha of course you have Chiron in the 6th. It's funny though because for me and my experience...even the question "What is your experience of it?" seems too mild or something. I'm not sure exactly how I would reword the question...maybe like "So how has not fitting into any of the systems and structures that surround us on a daily basis messed with your head?" "What has 'marching to the beat of your own drummer' <-not because it's cool but because it is literally the only option available to you...what's that been like?" (haha)

Hmmm let me think here...

Natal Chiron in the 6th house shows unresolved traumas related to everyday responsibilities.

Chiron in the house of our daily routines shows that the native would prefer to act chaotically and choose his own rhythms.

A 6th house Chiron person simply cannot stand the procedures and routines of a working place. He may feel from bored to enslaved, and definitely will prefer to do alternative jobs that do not require a stable timetable or have recurring events.

^^So there's that...but it goes beyond all the issues I could have just as easily ripped from the pages of an ENFP description as a Chiron in the 6th.

There was an Astrologer that had a blog called "Stealing Fire From the Gods" <-which was her alternate title/short description for Chiron in the 6th but the damn thing is closed and so I never got a chance to find out why she gave it that name. What does it mean? I know it means something because I know I do it. I just wouldn't have tied it to Virgo or Mercury but then...

The 6th house Chiron person bears strong characteristics of altruism. A 6th house Chiron person will offer his advice and help for free, especially to those that are in an urgent need. Many times, the help provided to people by such an individual has roots in the absence of help from others when he himself was in need. Having experienced such situations himself, his ethics do not allow him to leave someone else helpless.

Stealing Fire From the Gods.

Not being able to ask for help primarily because I don't even know I need it is a pretty significant problem for me. But it is also the case that...like, I swear... I am the person that could walk into an emergency room bleeding profusely from a severed limb and the doctors there would be like "What's the problem? You seem fine to me". <-I've always blamed this on Pe dominance/Positive Outlook...but I know the ENFJs and ENTJs often have this issue as well. I can't ask for help. I don't know when I need help. And I don't know how to behave in a way that demonstrates I need help when I do.

All of this makes me so sensitive to those in need. And a fire-stealer.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
@Starry if I were to put out my chart, would you interpret it for me please? :)

graphic

Lemme know if you need the extra details.