User Tag List

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Zarathustra's Astrology Thread, or, Where An INTJ (Foolishly) Defends Astrology

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits

Lightbulb Zarathustra's Astrology Thread, or, Where An INTJ (Foolishly) Defends Astrology

You may have noticed that I have a tendency to defend astrology. I have never claimed to be a believer in astrology, but I am willing to defend its pragmatic value and potential truth. Some express surprise that an INTJ would be willing to do so, but, in my opinion, I can't imagine a type -- other than maybe an INFJ -- who is more suited to finding value and potential truth in astrology. The NiJi dominant loop of both INJs can produce a willingness to perceive and judge phenomena from a highly subjective viewpoint, which is conducive to finding meaning and value in astrology, and an INTJ's Te and Se can actually gain a good deal of exercise and satisfaction when it comes to the technical details, as well as many other aspects, of astrology (in fact, in my opinion, it's highly likely that many, if not most, of the developers of astrology probably were INTJs -- remember, astrology and astronomy did not used to be separate fields, and the astrologers/astronomers of the past were rather impressive in their ability to observe and make predictions about the movement of planetary bodies in the sky, considering their level of technological development -- astrological observation, in fact, was a very significant step in our species' intellectual development -- on the road to where we are now, at one time we were monkeys, and at a later time we had developed into beings that were looking to the skies and predicting when and where various planetary bodies would appear, disappear, and return -- in this sense, the rise of astrology would seem to be a pretty momentous occasion in our history).

So, anyway, I've got a lot of ideas as to what I'm gunna do with this thread, but I figured I might as well start it off with an original post. Later on, I'll be willing to defend the philosophical tenets of astrology, help people figure out the major aspects of their natal, synastral, or composite charts, or answer questions such as why I defend astrology, why it is I don't ever say that I "believe in" astrology, or how a supposedly tough-minded INTJ could go about supporting something that only wishy washy F-types are supposed to be foolish enough to believe in, among other things.

So, with that being said, Zarathustra's Astrology Thread is officially open for business.

The Justice Fighter

INTJ - 6w5 8dw 3w4 sx/so - Neutral Good

"I trust what you are doing though…I just see it a little differently.
    I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

Senior Member Array
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    eie Ni
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits

lol
    Ni/Ne-Fe/Ti
    7w8 9w1 2w3
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Unlimited Dancemoves ® Array AgentF's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits

i ran my birth chart based on a recent conversation with one of you.

the results made my head hurt.
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

Post Thanks / Like
    Credits

I think it's type related. I think Ni doms are said to be interested in focal devices. Astrology just happens to be a (somewhat fleshed out) one. I bet you could have also picked a toy dinosaur or a coin from the reign of Emperor Constantine and gotten something from it.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits

I'm interested in what you're going to say here... I figured even as a kind of focus, Astrology would the most rigid of systems, and maybe less useful. But, I don't really know much about it.
    ...They will ask you for what reason you have come. Tell them the whole truth straight out. Say: 'I am the son of Earth and starry Heaven, but of Heaven is my birth: this you know yourselves.'...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by agentfurrina View Post
    i ran my birth chart based on a recent conversation with one of you.

the results made my head hurt.
    Yeah, they can be pretty intense.

Every six months or so I go back to various versions of mine, and each time I'm blown away by what I read.

In a lot of ways, it reveals more impressively accurate and detailed stuff about me than do MBTI or enneagram profiles.

In fact, Jung would actually study his patients' natal charts if he ran into a block to which he couldn't find an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I think it's type related. I think Ni doms are said to be interested in focal devices. Astrology just happens to be a (somewhat fleshed out) one. I bet you could have also picked a toy dinosaur or a coin from the reign of Emperor Constantine and gotten something from it.
    Yeah, as I said in my OP, I think INJs are most suited to finding meaning, value, and potential truth in it, and I agree that one of the central aspects of it is that it's a useful focal point, but I don't really get your point about toy dinosaur or a coin from the reign of Emperor Constantine. The coin, at least, I'm sure I could focus on and have all kinds of interesting thoughts about, but the toy dinosaur...? And I don't think focusing on either one of them would help me discover much about myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I'm interested in what you're going to say here... I figured even as a kind of focus, Astrology would the most rigid of systems, and maybe less useful. But, I don't really know much about it.
    I suspect this will become a wide-ranging discussion.

I'm not quite sure what you think would make it rigid.

Are you talking about the fact that each person's natal chart is based on the positions of the planetary bodies at the time of their birth?
    The Justice Fighter

I don’t see it as you stepping away from the fire. I see it as the fire directing your course.
    No matter how airy or earthy or watery you become... to many of us you will always be...a super nova."

"Behind these gates of seeming warmth sits, loosely chained, a fierce attack dog. Perhaps not crazy, but dangerous"

The Aggressive 6
    Debator

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits

My head hurts from the sense of deja vu ... look forward to replaying history though!
    Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. ~ Stephen Covey

Unlimited Dancemoves ® Array AgentF's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits

2 questions:

1 - what does astrology have to say about interhuman compatibility?

2 - here is an excerpt from my birth chart "result". the intro, if you will. and it is just the kind of language that makes some of us giggle. what, the fuck, does it mean?

"You will not get the best out of your birth chart unless you become a go-between worthy of relaying the best. Concentrate first on construction and creativity, and use astrology to define the possibilities as you go along. In the fractal logic of astrology, each planet, sign and house is a self-similar unity complete with its own rewards."

i am open to learning more, but this makes as much sense as a screendoor on a battleship.

i'm bored. who wants to go on a picnic?
    I may be kindly, I am ordinarily gentle, but in my line of business I am obliged to will terribly what I will at all.
    ~ Catherine the Great

7w6 ❣ sx/so ❤ physical touch ❥ sanguine 70%, choleric 30% ❦

Johari.

Post Thanks / Like
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Yeah, as I said in my OP, I think INJs are most suited to finding meaning, value, and potential truth in it, and I agree that one of the central aspects of it is that it's a useful focal point, but I don't really get your point about toy dinosaur or a coin from the reign of Emperor Constantine. The coin, at least, I'm sure I could focus on and have all kinds of interesting thoughts about, but the toy dinosaur...? And I don't think focusing on either one of them would help me discover much about myself.
    lol don't mind the specifics. toy dinosaur is just some random thing that came off the top of my head. the point is that the symbol could be that vague to an outsider and only personal to you. like for some people who keep around certain items from their past or heirlooms. it brings some clarity to their thoughts. for a ni dom though, i think the personal significance might not be so obvious as an heirloom.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Post Thanks / Like
    Credits

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    My head hurts from the sense of deja vu ... look forward to replaying history though!
    Well, if that thread hadn't been mangled by one of our moderators, who then has refused to put it back despite all the participating members who have told her that it was absolutely ridiculous what she did, then I might not have wanted to do this one at all. Funnily enough, the botch job is the top link at the bottom of the page.
    The Justice Fighter

The Aggressive 6
    Debator