• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Zarathustra's Astrology Thread, or, Where An INTJ (Foolishly) Defends Astrology

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
You may have noticed that I have a tendency to defend astrology. I have never claimed to be a believer in astrology, but I am willing to defend its pragmatic value and potential truth. Some express surprise that an INTJ would be willing to do so, but, in my opinion, I can't imagine a type -- other than maybe an INFJ -- who is more suited to finding value and potential truth in astrology. The NiJi dominant loop of both INJs can produce a willingness to perceive and judge phenomena from a highly subjective viewpoint, which is conducive to finding meaning and value in astrology, and an INTJ's Te and Se can actually gain a good deal of exercise and satisfaction when it comes to the technical details, as well as many other aspects, of astrology (in fact, in my opinion, it's highly likely that many, if not most, of the developers of astrology probably were INTJs -- remember, astrology and astronomy did not used to be separate fields, and the astrologers/astronomers of the past were rather impressive in their ability to observe and make predictions about the movement of planetary bodies in the sky, considering their level of technological development -- astrological observation, in fact, was a very significant step in our species' intellectual development -- on the road to where we are now, at one time we were monkeys, and at a later time we had developed into beings that were looking to the skies and predicting when and where various planetary bodies would appear, disappear, and return -- in this sense, the rise of astrology would seem to be a pretty momentous occasion in our history).

So, anyway, I've got a lot of ideas as to what I'm gunna do with this thread, but I figured I might as well start it off with an original post. Later on, I'll be willing to defend the philosophical tenets of astrology, help people figure out the major aspects of their natal, synastral, or composite charts, or answer questions such as why I defend astrology, why it is I don't ever say that I "believe in" astrology, or how a supposedly tough-minded INTJ could go about supporting something that only wishy washy F-types are supposed to be foolish enough to believe in, among other things.

So, with that being said, Zarathustra's Astrology Thread is officially open for business.

:wizfreak:

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i ran my birth chart based on a recent conversation with one of you.

the results made my head hurt. :cry:

KDude

I think it's type related. I think Ni doms are said to be interested in focal devices. Astrology just happens to be a (somewhat fleshed out) one. I bet you could have also picked a toy dinosaur or a coin from the reign of Emperor Constantine and gotten something from it.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm interested in what you're going to say here... I figured even as a kind of focus, Astrology would the most rigid of systems, and maybe less useful. But, I don't really know much about it.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
i ran my birth chart based on a recent conversation with one of you.

the results made my head hurt. :cry:

Yeah, they can be pretty intense.

Every six months or so I go back to various versions of mine, and each time I'm blown away by what I read.

In a lot of ways, it reveals more impressively accurate and detailed stuff about me than do MBTI or enneagram profiles.

In fact, Jung would actually study his patients' natal charts if he ran into a block to which he couldn't find an answer.

I think it's type related. I think Ni doms are said to be interested in focal devices. Astrology just happens to be a (somewhat fleshed out) one. I bet you could have also picked a toy dinosaur or a coin from the reign of Emperor Constantine and gotten something from it.

Yeah, as I said in my OP, I think INJs are most suited to finding meaning, value, and potential truth in it, and I agree that one of the central aspects of it is that it's a useful focal point, but I don't really get your point about toy dinosaur or a coin from the reign of Emperor Constantine. The coin, at least, I'm sure I could focus on and have all kinds of interesting thoughts about, but the toy dinosaur...? And I don't think focusing on either one of them would help me discover much about myself.

I'm interested in what you're going to say here... I figured even as a kind of focus, Astrology would the most rigid of systems, and maybe less useful. But, I don't really know much about it.

I suspect this will become a wide-ranging discussion.

I'm not quite sure what you think would make it rigid.

Are you talking about the fact that each person's natal chart is based on the positions of the planetary bodies at the time of their birth?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
My head hurts from the sense of deja vu ... look forward to replaying history though! :D

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
2 questions:

1 - what does astrology have to say about interhuman compatibility?

2 - here is an excerpt from my birth chart "result". the intro, if you will. and it is just the kind of language that makes some of us giggle. what, the fuck, does it mean?

"You will not get the best out of your birth chart unless you become a go-between worthy of relaying the best. Concentrate first on construction and creativity, and use astrology to define the possibilities as you go along. In the fractal logic of astrology, each planet, sign and house is a self-similar unity complete with its own rewards."

i am open to learning more, but this makes as much sense as a screendoor on a battleship.

i'm bored. who wants to go on a picnic?

KDude

Yeah, as I said in my OP, I think INJs are most suited to finding meaning, value, and potential truth in it, and I agree that one of the central aspects of it is that it's a useful focal point, but I don't really get your point about toy dinosaur or a coin from the reign of Emperor Constantine. The coin, at least, I'm sure I could focus on and have all kinds of interesting thoughts about, but the toy dinosaur...? And I don't think focusing on either one of them would help me discover much about myself.

lol don't mind the specifics. toy dinosaur is just some random thing that came off the top of my head. the point is that the symbol could be that vague to an outsider and only personal to you. like for some people who keep around certain items from their past or heirlooms. it brings some clarity to their thoughts. for a ni dom though, i think the personal significance might not be so obvious as an heirloom.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
My head hurts from the sense of deja vu ... look forward to replaying history though! :D

Well, if that thread hadn't been mangled by one of our moderators, who then has refused to put it back despite all the participating members who have told her that it was absolutely ridiculous what she did, then I might not have wanted to do this one at all. Funnily enough, the botch job is the top link at the bottom of the page.

S

Sniffles

As a Ni-dom, I can say that while I don't actually believe in astrology, nevertheless I have found the subject rather fascinating in a way. Same goes with many other paranormal-related stuff.

Nicodemus

I can draw interesting insights from a dog taking a dump on the street. That, however, says much more about me than about the dog. Are you going to defend astrology or Zarathustra's Ni?

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
what does astrology have to say about interhuman compatibility?

There are three main kinds of astrological charts: natal, synastral, and composite.

Natal charts are for one person, based on the positions of the astrological bodies in the sky at the time and location of their birth.

Synastral charts are for two (and possibly more?) people, based on the interaction between each of their natal charts.

Composite charts are for two (and possibly more?) people, based on combining their birth data into one unique natal chart, as if, as a couple, they had their own unique, independent existence.

here is an excerpt from my birth chart "result". the intro, if you will. and it is just the kind of language that makes some of us giggle. what, the fuck, does it mean?

"You will not get the best out of your birth chart unless you become a go-between worthy of relaying the best. Concentrate first on construction and creativity, and use astrology to define the possibilities as you go along. In the fractal logic of astrology, each planet, sign and house is a self-similar unity complete with its own rewards."

i am open to learning more, but this makes as much sense as a screendoor on a battleship.

Frankly, I don't like the language there.

About four to five times they enter into gobbledegookland.

It's basically saying, "when you read this, you need to be open-minded to how it might be true".

That way, as opposed to, a priori, trying to find fault's in everything, you might try to consider how what it's saying is true.

Anything you get on the internet is just a spit-out from a computer, so you need to try to get the essence of the message, as it's not being tailored to you as an individual.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not quite sure what you think would make it rigid.

Are you talking about the fact that each person's natal chart is based on the positions of the planetary bodies at the time of their birth?

By rigid, I mean less room for interpretation. I just assumed it would be more rigid because of the intensely calculative nature of it. Anyway, open ears here.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Awesome! :yesss:

Oh great and wise Zarathustra, please help me with the following.:

I know my birthdate, and approximate time of birth, but not the "official' hour/minute/second level of granularity.
I was checking out an astrology research service online about a year ago and it asked for my birth date and time.
Since I didn't know it exactly I did not order anything, because I didn't want to get shite results via bad input of birth time info.

QUESTIONS:
(1) That being said, what is my best option for getting a good astrology report with the information I have at this time?
(2) Is there any other info I need to get a good report?
(3) What resource (paid or free) do you think is best to get a thorough analysis of my astrological info.

Years ago a cousin of mine let me borrow one of Linda Goodman's books.
It was a great read.
I'm very interested to see what other info is out there with regard to astrology.

Thanks for your time and any information you are willing to share.

Regards,

:solidarity:

-Alex

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Synastral charts are for two (and possibly more?) people, based on the interaction between each of their natal charts.

would you stop dating someone because your synastral chart told you to?

and is this why that couple inviting me into a threeple asked me for my place, DOB and panty size?