• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I typed correctly?

What do you think my type is?

• INFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFP

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • ISFJ

• ISFP

• ISTJ

• ISTP

• INTJ

• INTP

• Total voters

Brylif

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I always seem to be doubtful about my type, so I've been looking to the mbti community for advice. Someone suggested I was an ISFP, but I'm not so sure that fits either. Perhaps it's just a lack of understanding of the cognitive functions on my part.

1-what makes you angry?
Being interrupted is one of my biggest pet peeves, whether I'm just speaking of I'm in the middle of concentrating on something and someone just touches me, it puts me in a bad mood. Another one is people being rude, and people insulting my intelligence makes me pretty angry too. I have a fairly strong sense of justice, I suppose.

2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
I like people who are honest and respectful of my wishes, but can't stand fake, loud, or obnoxious people. Manipulation is one of my biggest buttons, as I have a relative who is extremely manipulative and has o it other family members against each other in multiple occassions. I also hate bullies, people who get too close for comfort (especially the huggers...) and then the worst ones are those who criticize people like me who hate all that hugsy crap and treat us like something is wrong with us.

3-do you like animals? why?
Yes, but not much more than most people. I used to love them a lot more though. In fact, I wanted to be a vet.

4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life? He's really sweet, despite hiding it for the most part, and he's incredibly honest and responsible. He's also loyal, protective, and can be a total badass when provoked. Plus he's a hilarious drunk..lol

5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself? I can be decisive one day, and indecisive the next. Its mostly when it comes to making decisions about what I want or just things about my personality (hence not being able to type myself). I also get angry easily and can be overly critical.

6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not? Only enough to not look like trash. I'm more of a jeans and casual/t-shirt kind of person. I used to be much more concerned with appearance, like in middle and high school, but I eventually just grew out of it.

7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out? A mix of both. I only "confirm" if I'm doing something I actually enjoy (wearing a new fashion, jamming to Let It Go, etc.). However, if I don't see the point in something popular or just don't like it, I won't do it. An example of that is in middle school, I was the only girl in my class that didn't wear a certain coat, and I mean LITERALLY the only one who didn't have the same coat every other girl had. No regrets tho xD

8-what activities do you enjoy? I like reading from time to time, but art and crafting has always been my thing. I was once in school for art, but now my husband and I are starting up a dollhouse and doll business. I guess I can say it's my current passion. I also like video games, mainly rpgs, cooking, and I used to like writing but I've kind of grown out of it. The only physical activity I like is swimming.

9-what makes you feel secure? Having my husband around, since he's such a big and freakishly strong guy, having my own money and being able to sustain myself.

10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not? Oh yes, I love it. I mean, no relationship is perfect so it's sometimes a strain, but I think my ISTJ hubby and I compliment each other well and we have as much in common as we have differences (did I word that correctly?). Ive also sought serious relationships from the start. I never could see myself being with someone without the intent of possibly marrying them in the future.

11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc... I love having independence, mainly because I didn't get much growing up (controlling family who still tries to do things for me and treat me like a child despite the fact that I myself am a parent now). This is also why I prefer self employment, although I don't mind working in a traditional work environment if I have to. I also like learning about various subjects, sharing experiences with loved ones (mainly just the little things, like watching a new movie with them or decorating a Christmas tree).

12-what do you spend the most time thinking about? A lot of things: I think if the past, present, and future about the same amount of time, I also think about what I'm doing with my life, if it's really all worth it, but mostly I'm just daydreaming about situations that would likely never happen.

13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child? I don't remember much about my childhood, but I do remember being extremely opinionated and would get bored easily. I had a strong send of justice even then (stronger, actually). I can remember that my bmviews were very black and white and I had a tendency to be judgmental of others (but I'm not anymore). I've always been kind of insecure from years of bullying, so I could overly sensitive about things people said as a result. To this day I hate being joked about, even if it's not meant to be malicious. I'm much less sensitive and emotional than I used to be, but there's still a good bit of emotion that pops up from time to time, like in times of confrontation.

Hopefully that might provide a little more info about me. I would appreciate any helpful answer. Thank you.

Last edited:

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, you seem like an INFJ.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If INFJ, I would change that 4w5 to 1w2. If you're attached to the 4, then I'd say ISFP.

Too much force in personality to be a withdrawn heart etype and Ni dom imo.

TheWebIWeave

MBTI Type
INTJ
I would say you are an INFP with a strong enough Si/Se where you could mistype as almost any introvert type. However, how you feel about others (1-4), your tendency to daydream, (12) love of romance (9-10)and your creative flair (8) is a dead give away to the INFP lifestyle. If you still aren't sure read up on ISFP and INTP.

Brylif

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I'm sorry for the late reply. I never saw I had new posts. I'm not 100 percent on the enneagram type, actually. It just sounded the most like me. As I said in a newer post, I actually determined myself to be an Fi user recently, so that sends INFJ out the window.

Brylif

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Honestly I could see myself as an INFP when I was younger, but I tend to indentify with sensing as much as intuition now. I could be my tertiary Si developing, though.