• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

AM I REALLY AN ESFP?

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, loads of people are still confused over what type I am. I still hear a lot of people saying that I am an ExFJ, ESxP or whatever. Well, now I hope that this in-depth scenario questionnaire will clear up a few things. It's the best quiz that I could find on the web:

SCENARIO 1

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.

- Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?

- In this scenario what would you honestly say the primary focus of your feelings would be?

Honestly? I would be incredibly annoyed with them for not letting me know sooner, and saddened that they were gonna die soon, but would understand their point of view. I would understand how hard it would be for them to tell me that they are dying, without making a fuss. I would understand how they wouldn't want to upset anyone with postponing the wedding due to their illness, or letting me down when they said they were going to be there for me for as long as they possibly could.

I would stay strong, and have a conversation with them about how they would like their memory to live on, how brave they have been admitting to me about their illness, how much of an amazing lover they had been to me, and not to let death get them down. I would make sure that the last weeks of their life would be worthwhile and awesome and would create amazing memories with them.

I feel this way, because this person has been wonderful to me. They have been there for me, when I needed them and deserve rewards for their companionship, but also because they won't be around for much longer, they won't see everything they want to see.

SCENARIO 2

FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE

You are in college and this semester both you and your roommate end up in the same class together. You and your roommate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your roommate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your roommate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

- How do you respond to your roommate’s request and why?

- What sort of things in this scenario stand out to you as far as having a strong influence on your decision making and why?

- Describe the flow of your decision making process.

“I know I shouldn't help you because you have screwed about all weekend, and partied with some weird people no-one knows, but I will tutor you through the project for ten dollars an hour.” Because they deserve a penalty for dicking about the whole weekend, and they are desperate for help, and I want some money and the time I am tutoring them to be worth something, so we have both come to a peaceful negotiation which suits us both.

Strong influences? (In no order): Power, helping people, money (necessities as a student) and showing people I am capable of orchestrating my own decisions, based on the things mentioned above.

What is my thought process? In this case: Given Scenario > Suitable Punishment> blessIdeal negotiation between us both > Our Perfect outcome.

SCENARIO 3

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two.

Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group work where you would be logically thinking through the project together with the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it.

Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?

- What sort of things in this scenario, across either project, stood out to you as having a strong influence on your decision? Why?

I would pick Project 1 because I thrive in group work situations, but I also see no point in investing all my energy into something which does not impact the company much. I see that as a waste of time and company resources.

And working things through with a group, picking the best ideas on how to solve the project, thinking about it more and narrowing it down to the best method of solving and then making that into a guide, determining who will do which part of the method, based upon a number of factors including:

-Abilities

-Strengths/Weaknesses

-Knowledge of given subject

SCENARIO 4

FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE

Your college professor has assigned you to a group project with 3 other individuals. All 3 of these individuals have a good strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the overall success of this project. You are at the first meeting of your group and the other members are tossing around valuable ideas as to the nature and direction of this project.

- Describe your behavior in this situation as you process and think about the ideas they are presenting.

- Describe what major influences drive this behavior.

Again, I would have everyone write down all their ideas onto our page. After the brainstorming session, we would skim all the ideas down to the three most relevant ideas, and then pick the one which represents the projects theme/ideal outcome and will give us the most factual information/impact for our project.

We will keep tweaking that one idea until it suits us all and see how much of the given criteria it fits. Eventually, we will have to go over it and check for any errors, or any things that we have missed out.

SCENARIO 5

FOCUS ON THE SOURCES YOU DRAW NON-PHYSICAL ENERGY FROM HERE

It has been a very long week and you feel mentally and emotionally drained, but good news! It is Saturday and you have nothing significant that needs to be done. You FINALLY have some free time to yourself to recharge your batteries and do whatever you want.

- Describe what sort of activities would help you to recharge. What would you enjoy doing after a long week and why?

- What sort of things do you feel you draw non-physical energy from doing?

Honestly? I think that sleeping on until 1pm sounds like a good start, then slowly getting ready and going out for lunch to somewhere like McDonalds, and having a good time with my friends.

Then, we would go for a walk around the shopping centre for a while, buying some things that we want and eventually going home and maybe going out for a few hours that night.

Where do I find energy from non-psychical things? Firstly, my unconscious mind. Especially from my dreams, and listening to music, and even my own thoughts. When I get into thinking, my unconscious mind takes over and tells me truths that I never knew before.

I also gain a lot of non-psychical energy from things such as organising things, watching TV/movies, surfing the web, eating foods and writing things, such as forum posts/novels.

SCENARIO 6

FOCUS ON THINKING VS FEELING HERE

You have a meeting with your college career counselor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you a list of the following careers and asks you to pick your TOP 3. He/she asks you to take money out of the equation. Imagine all of these careers received equal compensation. Focus instead on where you would truly feel most happy and fulfilled.

Artist, Scientist, Actor, Engineer, Musician, Lawyer, Counselor, Entrepreneur, Teacher, Manager, Psychologist, Computer Programmer / Analyst, Clergy, Child Care, Medical Doctor

- What were your top 3 choices and what aspects of these careers appeal to you?

- Was it difficult or easy to pick only 3 and why?

- Prioritize the aspects of your career choices that influenced your decision, what things mattered most to you, where do you imagine finding the most fulfillment and why?

I think that I would be the most fulfilment from (in order):

-Entrepreneur: My brain is most wired to suit this style of job. I am a creative person, with a mind for marketing/business. I know how long to focus on an idea, my target audience (niche), what to expect from my target audience, how much my expected income is, the key points of marketing an idea to them, how many units I need to sell in order to break even with my salary, what people want from my idea and how exactly to go about budgeting costs and have what it takes to be in control of my project and pitch it to the masses.

Artist- I guess that we can define an “artist” as not just being confined to producing paintings. Artistry stretches to all aspects of creativity, including acting, singing, being a musician, dancing, writing… even charity work. Being an artist is much more than just drawing. A work of art is anything that you want it to be, creatively. I've heard of art through sound, art through sign language, art through cookery, art through touch and even art through bodily functions, like puke, blood or hair. You can even use your body as a canvas, if you so wish. My creative ability to go into the unknown and surface with beauty makes me want to consider this as a career. I have always been a creative person, and enjoyed pushing my limits of what art is in more ways than one.

-Psychologist: I have always been interested in what motivates other people's thought processes/behaviours, why they are the way they are, studying what makes them tick, finding out their motives behind the mask, how their brains differ from one another, what the different parts of our brains are and how we can use them to our advantages, why some people become mentally ill etc. The human mind is a complex subject, and has always fascinated me deeply, and always will. And all the different sects of psychology (such as forensic psychology) also fascinates me in many ways. Finding out the inner workings of criminals minds is just as fascinating as working out what goes on in the “average Joe”s mind to me.

For me, it wasn't overly difficult to pick 3 careers. The 3 careers I picked are more or less what I want to do in my life. Those are my career paths/plans which I am willing to follow to achieve a career that I would be satisfactory with, and one which would help further my life psychically and spiritually in some ways.

SCENARIO 7

Click on the image below and pay close attention to the things that jump out to you, objects, thoughts, feelings, impressions, ideas etc. What do you see?

c6552f01f881cf11efe5bc199f7b8269.jpg

- Describe the main things that stand out to you in this picture.

- Why do you think/feel you focused on those things?

- Describe the strength with which this photo did or did not appeal to you and why?

[/QUOTE]

I am in a wooden canoe. The warm wind is blowing in my face. The water is rippling below my canoe. I have finally made it between the rocks. I tire. I see the island of trees by the side. I get out my canoe and go over to the forest. I turn around and stare at the view from the forest. Breathtaken, I am taking in the scenery around me; I am there, but I am not there. Psychically, I am there, staring at the scenery, but mentally I am afar in the distance. I already know what is on the other side. I am already there, enjoying food with the locals. I am already there having a good time.

I am focused on these things, because that is where I am going to end up, and how all my hard work will pay off. I did not sail from the other side for no reason. Yes, I enjoyed the view, but the view is not my end product. The view was part of the ride. The view was where I went to finish off picking up the pieces. The view is where my subconscious laid me to. It knew what was there on the other side. All the pieces came together at that exact spot, when I let my mind roam free.

The image appealed to me a lot, both aesthetically and symbolically. I enjoyed examining the view around me and soaking it in, but also enjoyed finding how it completed my plans subconsciously, and how it became a symbol of my vacation and what I had achieved that day by doing things and going places, and how the view will always be a reminder of the most awesome vacation I ever went on.

Last edited:

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I need some time pls. = )

will read after brownies and finishing up with my exploration of the interwebs

lol such a gamma.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Determine your Keirseyan temperament first.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow I couldn't read all of that, I would proceed later[emoji165]

Jaguar

Type is not determined by questionnaires created by random goofballs on the internet.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Easy question to ask yourself... Are you a Se-dom? :huh: here's a couple of examples of that I've posted before (and the threads so that you can read from other people who are less self centered than me! :holy: )

From Ode to Processes: Perceiving--Se

In the afternoon, at work, I frequently load the heavy gaylords into trucks before they take off (pallet boxes for those who don't know the term... they're taller than I am and cover an entire wooden pallet). Saturday is the most fun because, when things get really busy and we're short on staffing, I can occasionally get the challenge of loading all 20 or so gaylords into the trucks within about 20 or 30 minutes... and they're not really sitting close by. It's the joy of a challenge and moving... just moving... the actual thinking part of analysis is sped up to the point where I don't have to think about how I'm pivoting the pallets to fit them beside one another into the back of the truck, I simply swing the pallet jack around and slip them in with an inch or so to spare on either side... precise and seemingly simple. Weaving through support beams and ducking other people who are scanning things or moving from one line to another while dragging a heavy and large load at top speed, making sure to move without a second to spare and not messing up because that would take more time and there IS no time to waste.

once we've hit the finishing time it's a great feeling... to be physically tired from a week's worth of work capped off with a mad dash that very few people could pull off, knowing that I did it all in time and that I did it better than anyone else could have been expected to. dripping sweat as I finish closing things down for the night, already anticipating dinner and probably a snack on the way home and the knowledge that, as unimpressive as it sounds to someone who doesn't work in a similar field, I did great :cool:

and that's primary Se in use... so quick that it doesn't even seem like there was any thought put in, because as futurama says, if you do things right, it doesn't look like you did anything at all...

And from What is Se to you?

something that comes so naturally to me that I'm not even aware of it... the reason that I can immediately be aware of small changes in the environment, whether it's nature, work or living beings and can adjust to compensate without really thinking about it... it's the ability to wing it and live by the seat of my pants and figure out how to land on my feet... that's what it does in my existence (in play with other factors)

in other words, my Se gives me my clever and slippery super powers :cool:

Destiny

A wannabe dog
I'm actually undecided between ESFP and ESTP for your type. Or you could be an ENTJ putting on an ESxP persona. :newwink:

But anyway, I think you shouldn't let anyone on the internet type you, because at the end of the day, you are the only one who knows how your brain works. People on the internet tend to type you based on your persona/the way you present yourself, but this isn't an accurate way of typing people, because how we present ourselves on the internet vs how our brain really works are completely two different things. You present yourself as an ESxP on the internet, but is this how your brain really works? Or is that just your persona? Only you know yourself best. ;)

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Determine your Keirseyan temperament first.

I've read Keirsey's 'Please Understand Me' series, and have never really warmed to it. For me, it is just descriptions of how 'X' type is meant to act, based on some observations of their temperaments. Personally, I can see a bit of all 'four temperaments' in myself, depending on what I am doing and who I am with.

I can be realistic when I'm planning things, I can be idealistic within my novels, I can be rational when I am using common sense to make decisions, and I can be a guardian when I am responsible for protecting my family members.

It doesn't really tell me much about Typology and barely goes beyond the basics. Anyone can cross the temperament barrier, depending on their circumstances.

Wow I couldn't read all of that, I would proceed later[emoji165]

This is your bedtime reading ;)

Type is not determined by questionnaires created by random goofballs on the internet.

I know. I am asking for some advice, is that a crime? I am asking for a rough idea of what my type may be. I know that no-one can tell me for certain, and that it's up to me to decide, but I enjoy a little feedback from time to time. It's interesting to hear people's opinions and see how they differ.

Easy question to ask yourself... Are you a Se-dom? :huh: here's a couple of examples of that I've posted before (and the threads so that you can read from other people who are less self centered than me! :holy: )

From Ode to Processes: Perceiving--Se

And from What is Se to you?

Reading this, I am now sure that I use Se, but am not a Dominant. Thanks for the links, though.

I'm actually undecided between ESFP and ESTP for your type. Or you could be an ENTJ putting on an ESxP persona. :newwink:

But anyway, I think you shouldn't let anyone on the internet type you, because at the end of the day, you are the only one who knows how your brain works. People on the internet tend to type you based on your persona/the way you present yourself, but this isn't an accurate way of typing people, because how we present ourselves on the internet vs how our brain really works are completely two different things. You present yourself as an ESxP on the internet, but is this how your brain really works? Or is that just your persona? Only you know yourself best. ;)

I'm not letting anyone 'type me (see reply to Jaguar^)
To be honest, I find it all humorous... typing people on their persona.
I find a lot of personality based stuff is down to psychology and how you present yourself.
I usually get mixed reactions, because I never take it seriously, but when I do, people are actually surprised.

Yeah, I do tend to have a more relaxed persona online, that tends to gravitate towards the Se side of things, because I tend to go online to chill out and socialize. I pick up a lot of things, and then it all comes back to me later, decoded in a nice package when I go to bed at night, or go shower after I log off. It's weird. Everything I missed comes back in some sort of 'aha' moment! It's weird.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've read Keirsey's 'Please Understand Me' series, and have never really warmed to it. For me, it is just descriptions of how 'X' type is meant to act, based on some observations of their temperaments. Personally, I can see a bit of all 'four temperaments' in myself, depending on what I am doing and who I am with.

I can be realistic when I'm planning things, I can be idealistic within my novels, I can be rational when I am using common sense to make decisions, and I can be a guardian when I am responsible for protecting my family members.

It doesn't really tell me much about Typology and barely goes beyond the basics. Anyone can cross the temperament barrier, depending on their circumstances.

This is your bedtime reading ;)

I know. I am asking for some advice, is that a crime? I am asking for a rough idea of what my type may be. I know that no-one can tell me for certain, and that it's up to me to decide, but I enjoy a little feedback from time to time. It's interesting to hear people's opinions and see how they differ.

Reading this, I am now sure that I use Se, but am not a Dominant. Thanks for the links, though.

I find a lot of personality based stuff is down to psychology and how you present yourself.
I usually get mixed reactions, because I never take it seriously, but when I do, people are actually surprised.

Yeah, I do tend to have a more relaxed persona online, that tends to gravitate towards the Se side of things, because I tend to go online to chill out and socialize. I pick up a lot of things, and then it all comes back to me later, decoded in a nice package when I go to bed at night, or go shower after I log off. It's weird. Everything I missed comes back in some sort of 'aha' moment! It's weird.

Why don't you do a video interview to help you find your type? Obviously this means a lot to you and you aren't satisfied with what you've found or determined via self-analysis. An objective third-party might notice things about you that you overlooked. People have a way of overlooking things about themselves. Even the most introspective INxx will do this from time to time.

Destiny

A wannabe dog

I knew it. I know that there is actually much more behind that laidback persona of yours. Although you did quite a good job in portraying an ESxP persona on here, but I didn't get taken in by your ESxP persona. :D

I think ENTJ actually fits you quite well. You seem to have quite a well-developed Te.

How Te Acts in all 4 Positions - Funky MBTI in Fiction

Jaguar

Over the years, a few thought I was ESTP. But the NT temperament is what easily clinched it for me, and my ESTP buddy chose his type for the same reason - the SP temperament over the NT temperament.

[MENTION=23098]Captain_Invincible[/MENTION], check out this link:

Temperament Theory

No, it's not "a crime." I can't imagine an ESTP/ENTJ seeking the opinions of others to make a unilateral decision, but anomalies can exist.
If anything, I'd expect seeking consensus from an ENFJ, but that doesn't mean I think you're ENFJ.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why don't you do a video interview to help you find your type? Obviously this means a lot to you and you aren't satisfied with what you've found or determined via self-analysis. An objective third-party might notice things about you that you overlooked. People have a way of overlooking things about themselves. Even the most introspective INxx will do this from time to time.

I have an assignment to do over the next couple of weeks, and that is priority for me to complete, as it is part of my grades. I may see into it in the future when I have time, but at the moment, I have to focus on this assignment about the music industry. I'll probably pop on a few times, when I'm not so busy and see how things are, but for the time being, I am pretty busy.

I knew it. I know that there is actually much more behind that laidback persona of yours. Although you did quite a good job in portraying an ESxP persona on here, but I didn't get taken in by your ESxP persona. :D

I think ENTJ actually fits you quite well. You seem to have quite a well-developed Te.

How Te Acts in all 4 Positions - Funky MBTI in Fiction

Hm, that's interesting that you say that. I read the post, and I guess that I can see a lot of those things in myself from the Dominant Te angle, but I can also see a bit of Se in myself. I guess this is the whole developmental process kicking in, as in the development of the Tertiary function through a Dom-Tert loop. That would mean that an ENTJ was developing their sensation, and ignoring their Intuition, and would be coming across as ESxP like:

ESFP/ENTJ: Se/Te or Te/Se--Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (not the same thing as OCD)! I've seen people mistake ESFPs in Se+Te dom-tert loops for ESTPs because they can be so insistent upon controlling their surroundings. These types epitomize enneagram type 8, as they are aggressive, blunt, confrontational and not the least bit afraid of hurting anyone's feelings. Inside they require the approval of others to a much higher degree than they let on, as Te insists on controlling and organizing external surroundings to ridiculous proportions, while Se pushes any naysayers out of the way with aggressive force and a take-no-prisoners attitude. Territorial and looking for any reason to display their power, these types are some of the most difficult to deal with of all dom-tert loops. If Fi/Ni were doing its job, these types would stop to consider that their actions have negative implications for others, and that aggressively taking charge is not always the best solution in every situation.
From: Dominant-Tertiary Loops and Common Personality Disorders

Here's some more information about Se development in ENTJs

Here's another post

And another one

And a functional analysis of an ENTJ

In the loop...

I think this may describe my immature emotional state/outbursts. I remember reading this a while back, and relating a lot to it:
ENTJs in Inferior Fi Grip

Over the years, a few thought I was ESTP. But the NT temperament is what easily clinched it for me, and my ESTP buddy chose his type for the same reason - the SP temperament over the NT temperament.

[MENTION=23098]Captain_Invincible[/MENTION], check out this link:

Temperament Theory

No, it's not "a crime." I can't imagine an ESTP/ENTJ seeking the opinions of others to make a unilateral decision, but anomalies can exist.
If anything, I'd expect seeking consensus from an ENFJ, but that doesn't mean I think you're ENFJ.

I read the Linda Berens thing, and again, I can't find one single temperament to describe me. I don't think that people should go by 'temperaments' over 'functions', because this just confuses the situation even more, because a lot of people can find themselves fitting into more than one category, no matter how hard they try to whittle things down. At the end of the day, no two people are the same, and ever will be. Even identical twins. We don't need more theories, we need better ways to develop the ones we currently have, and tweak them into a more accurate, systematic typing database, which is available at the click of a button. The Big Hero of the Typology World.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
as an istp i relate to this i feel like i try to do good things for people and then they go around and stab me in back and spread crappy rumors. i need to leave wisconsin. it really triggers my inferior fe.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
as an istp i relate to this i feel like i try to do good things for people and then they go around and stab me in back and spread crappy rumors. i need to leave wisconsin. it really triggers my inferior fe.

Draon's dupe account?

Don't choose NT. Good luck.

Lol thanks.

Have you considered ESTJ?

Hell no. I have considered it in the past, but found my Si to be too low.
Sociotypograph — determine sociotype

I realize it's socionics and not really MBTI related, but I thought it might help point you in the right direction.

I'll have a look soon :) Thanks for posting.