• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] Am I a damn INFJ or a fucked-up INTJ?

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Of course my lady :) well I don't know if I have a Fe or Te as an auxiliary function because I do express anger most of the time and I am not very objective. I kinda take everything personally and have little trust in people's motives and intelligence lol so I like to do the dirty work of investing on my own :D
I also used to get either INTJ or INFJ results all the time and I am a genius in science (I didn't get less than 97% in school even without much effort) and I am very talented when it comes to creative writing and drawing (I won several contests).So, I feel like I am kinda a mix of INTJ and INFJ based on their descriptions. What you think of this dilemma? Is it possible to be a mix of two types?

Well my mother is an INTJ and I already see you have a lot of her qualities, but from your way of talking you seem less robotic than a typical INTJ maybe [emoji16]..
She take things too personal, gets angry easily, take so many decisions based on her own emotions and over others' benefits, keeps analyzing things to fit her own perceptions even if so many obvious evidence is proving the opposite and arguing with her is always invalid, she's a very strict religious woman and have little trust in people loyalty intelligence etc.. Just very little trust in people generally..
But all other signs tells that she's more N than F, an emotional INTJ..
You might be an INTJ with strong F or INFJ with strong N somewhere in between but it's not that big deal, it means you can benefit both of them right? [emoji6] we are people you can't put us in little type boxes, we can only figure out the mainstream of our personalities..
I'm an ENFJ with a strong Si and people who doesn't know me very well might think I'm an ESFJ, people who meet me for the first time might think I'm an Introvert because I'm a little shy and conservative person..

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks! That was a great input. I think those idiots need to re-write the NTs descriptions because they make us sound like robots. And F types are usually too dumb because they are taking us at face-value as if they're the only ones who have feelings. I am very calm and kinda cold in communicating with others, so once an INFP bitch asked me: Do you even have feelings? At that moment I wanted to disort her face so that she feels my ruthless anger. I am still an 8 after all and will act upon it when insulted or threatened.

Yes and have that soft and gooey side as ENFPs word it as well. I don't know what type that is a robot. It's some over theorized T crap. Where they take meaning...What T means...and put it above and beyond reality

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thanks! That was a great input. I think those idiots need to re-write the NTs descriptions because they make us sound like robots. And F types are usually too dumb because they are taking us at face-value as if they're the only ones who have feelings. I am very calm and kinda cold in communicating with others, so once an INFP bitch asked me: Do you even have feelings? At that moment I wanted to disort her face so that she feels my ruthless anger. I am still an 8 after all and will act upon it when insulted or threatened.

Good point, Every person have all these aspects but one aspect would be more obvious than the other..
NTs in general tend to hide their emotions, but when they love they love so hard, it's more like a childish love.. But do not show it or work on it, it makes people think that they're just pretending..

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Either ESTJ or ENTJ. I'm going to go with ESTJ.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I honestly couldn't help but laugh at your response, why? Because it matches your signature perfectly! And I don't like running in circles asking what if? I need a closure on this and to be very certain of the result. Another thing is I prefer plain language because I am not a poet :)
Don't go asking a forum for a result if you can't prove or provide.

Ronin_Riham

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
T types are closet romantics. I would posit that they fall hard when they fall for a person.

Hell yeah!!! It's like I want to feel every inch of that person's soul and body and make them only mine. It's kinda violent, powerful and passionate kind of love not so flowery and peaceful one like INFPs.

Ronin_Riham

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did you watch the new INTJ profile video that was just posted? I think the narrator made a good point in saying INTJs are very rational beings but not necessarily logical beings (paraphrased). Logic as we define it seems to be more present in the inner workings of NTPs (also heavy in many STPs) than that of NTJs. Not to say both don't use it..

This is also somewhat related to [MENTION=12103]Poki[/MENTION]'s comment earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km7ga7HON20

Yes! That was a great analysis and the closest in my opinion. However, I didn't understand the ISFP part quite well. How come we can have another type within us? Is it what we wish to be inside? Because I wish I was an Se dominant or Auxiliary since this world works like that and I would enjoy living in the moment more. Btw, my ex-bf is an ISFP and we are in an on and off kind of relationship for 5 years now. It's like we're addicted to each other and neither one of us can leave the other permenantly! As an ISFP, what you do think is the reason for this attachment?

Ronin_Riham

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well my mother is an INTJ and I already see you have a lot of her qualities, but from your way of talking you seem less robotic than a typical INTJ maybe [emoji16]..
She take things too personal, gets angry easily, take so many decisions based on her own emotions and over others' benefits, keeps analyzing things to fit her own perceptions even if so many obvious evidence is proving the opposite and arguing with her is always invalid, she's a very strict religious woman and have little trust in people loyalty intelligence etc.. Just very little trust in people generally..
But all other signs tells that she's more N than F, an emotional INTJ..
You might be an INTJ with strong F or INFJ with strong N somewhere in between but it's not that big deal, it means you can benefit both of them right? [emoji6] we are people you can't put us in little type boxes, we can only figure out the mainstream of our personalities..
I'm an ENFJ with a strong Si and people who doesn't know me very well might think I'm an ESFJ, people who meet me for the first time might think I'm an Introvert because I'm a little shy and conservative person..

That's quite interesting! I have most of those traits except that I am not religious at all and I consider religions to be myths.
Yeah, this is true. I have an ENFJ sister who is very quiet, but very social as well which has been always like a puzzle to me; you guys have a great charisma too and can understand people very well.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can you elaborate more on that?

INTJ shares functions with ISFP

Ni Te Fi Se vs Fi Se Te Ni

INTJ growth is to develop the dom/aux functions of ISFP

Some theorists say we are attracted to what we don't have but want to develop

Your Fi is like that of a 10 year old compared to your Ni. Your Se is comparable to that of a 3 year old under the same standard. But as you get older, your tert functions develops more and more.

Eventually, a mature developed INTJ's brain will look like a mature, developed ISFP's brain, from what neurological science has shown so far

We have a lot of active INTJs, so they can explain it better

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
How come we can have another type within us? Is it what we wish to be inside? Because I wish I was an Se dominant or Auxiliary since this world works like that and I would enjoy living in the moment more.

I think INTJs could show a strong interest in nature, outdoor adventures and animals and some other new experiences, that's why they need someone to take them inside that world, so who's better than an ISFP for this task? Maybe that's how it works I'm not really sure tbh.
I just love ISFPs [emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Ronin_Riham

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ shares functions with ISFP

Ni Te Fi Se vs Fi Se Te Ni

INTJ growth is to develop the dom/aux functions of ISFP

Some theorists say we are attracted to what we don't have but want to develop

Your Fi is like that of a 10 year old compared to your Ni. Your Se is comparable to that of a 3 year old under the same standard. But as you get older, your tert functions develops more and more.

Eventually, a mature developed INTJ's brain will look like a mature, developed ISFP's brain, from what neurological science has shown so far

We have a lot of active INTJs, so they can explain it better

Ohhh yeah thanks for the explanation. It's very interesting and it shows why I am an Se wannabe! Like I love martial arts and bodybuilding, but I can't commit much to it. I would exercise for two months then stop unlike some of Se I know, who would go through it untill they have the body they desire and keep at it.

Ronin_Riham

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think INTJs could show a strong interest in nature, outdoor adventures and animals, that's why they need someone to take them inside that world, so who's better than an ISFP for this task? Maybe that's how it works I'm not really sure tbh.
I just love ISFPs [emoji173]️[emoji173]️

Absolutely! Don't forget to say that they are very sensual and sexy as well >.<

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have an ENFJ sister who is very quiet, but very social as well which has been always like a puzzle to me; you guys have a great charisma too and can understand people very well.

I'm not very quite, I don't know how I am hahaha [emoji28] I think it depends on people and situations and maybe because I'm very good in understanding people and communicating with them that I'm perceived in many different ways..
As for charisma yeah we got it babe [emoji111]🏻️[emoji41] say hello to your sister from me [emoji851]

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am definitely not an extrovert, why did you think of that?

extrovert and extraverted function is not the same thing. you seem to jump into things and i see possible use of tertiary Ne.

Ronin_Riham

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
extrovert and extraverted function is not the same thing. you seem to jump into things and i see possible use of tertiary Ne.

I see your point of view, however Ni is always my highest score in all the tests that I've taken so far!

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I see your point of view, however Ni is always my highest score in all the tests I've taken!

My Ni tests off the charts and I am an extremely strong intuitive. Working with other very smart people, I see and understand things in days that others can't get in 6 months. I just get things very, very quickly. But I am a Fe dom, not a Ni dom.....because in part because I react quick and act decisively.

One thing I found extremely useful is looking at the inferior function. The theory is that when we are really upset or out of minds, we are "in the grip" of our inferior function. Some theorists argue that inferior function is not weak, but less under conscious control and that there is s struggle between Dom and Inf function, usually in our 20s as the frontal lobe is fully developed.

If you google "INTJ in the grip", you can find this info in detail (and just change the type to get others).

INFJ in the grip did not fit me, but ENFJ does. It is a useful too for checking out types.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One thing I found extremely useful is looking at the inferior function. The theory is that when we are really upset or out of minds, we are "in the grip" of our inferior function. Some theorists argue that inferior function is not weak, but less under conscious control and that there is s struggle between Dom and Inf function, usually in our 20s as the frontal lobe is fully developed.

That is one of the factors which drew me to socionics--the examination of how each function (or information element) manifests in all of the types. I don't like it when Myers Briggs devotees ignore the other 4 or pretend they aren't there, despite the fact that more and more western typologists are suggesting everyone uses all 8 to varying degrees.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That is one of the factors which drew me to socionics--the examination of how each function (or information element) manifests in all of the types. I don't like it when Myers Briggs devotees ignore the other 4 or pretend they aren't there, despite the fact that more and more western typologists are suggesting everyone uses all 8 to varying degrees.

I would like to accept socionics more, but it feels so alien.... maybe those translations are just bad....

But I like the 8 function model, especially what Eric B has written up here, citing Beebe and Berens besides his own work.