• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A.I replacing women in the future

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Good for you but that has nothing to do with society at large.
Woman are individuals, which means they all hold different preferences and thought about different things. They adjust to subcultures, ideas, have dynamic thought and value different traits for themselves and for others. There's a nice possibility that this strange cynicism you hold places thought against that, recurring certain experience you hold with them. If you wish to dissipate this delusion, stop it, and start altering your perception process from stereotypical sexism to real time individualised build up. Granted it's more mental work, which is why it's done by those more prudently-inclined, but it's far more accurate. You're realise that similarities are only facade copies to be able to feel comfortable within a social setting, and truth is that an individual wishes to be accepted for their actual self.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Good for you but that has nothing to do with society at large.

I think in general you underestimate people, not just women. To say that all women want is money and social aptitude out of a man is akin to saying that men have nothing else to offer women to keep them interested. That mindset swings both ways. It's actually pretty telling on your self esteem. Though personally I think you have probably had a bad couple of relationships and do not have any very good female role models. As you project this onto all women. You did not open this thread by saying, how about AI replace some of the dysfunctional people. You said ALL Women. There are plenty of crappy guys out there too. The vast majority of peadophiles are men, the vast majority of people who commit violent crimes are men. The vast majority of murders are men, the vast majority of rapists... etc etc.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The people that say [MENTION=7278]jixmixfix[/MENTION] can't have an AI partner in life, are they as guilty as those that say gays can't have marriage?

Lark

The people that say [MENTION=7278]jixmixfix[/MENTION] can't have an AI partner in life, are they as guilty as those that say gays can't have marriage?

I think he should have an AI partner. I so believe that.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I think in general you underestimate people, not just women. To say that all women want is money and social aptitude out of a man is akin to saying that men have nothing else to offer women to keep them interested. That mindset swings both ways. It's actually pretty telling on your self esteem.
Thanks Doctor but I think my self-esteem is perfectly fine. On the most basic level women want men for their social status/ability to acquire resources aka money. I see this time and time again from women I talk to, the first thing they ask you is what you do for work etc etc. People like this aren't worth my time as they don't stimulate my mind intellectually and emotionally not to mention their emotional baggage that comes with it. I would rather just get a quickie and be done with it. Plus feminism has taught women that it is perfectly fine to sleep with whoever you want there's not even a challenge to finding a good quality women.
Though personally I think you have probably had a bad couple of relationships and do not have any very good female role models. As you project this onto all women. You did not open this thread by saying, how about AI replace some of the dysfunctional people. You said ALL Women. There are plenty of crappy guys out there too. The vast majority of peadophiles are men, the vast majority of people who commit violent crimes are men. The vast majority of murders are men, the vast majority of rapists... etc etc.

Your view on men is so typical it really sickens me and is the reason why I want nothing to do with modern western women. Your primary view of men is negative and you don't see reality for what it is, you just see the one side that the media and your education system tell you. Why would I ever want to be with someone who views me as a pedophile and a rapist it seems as though men now days in the eyes of society are guilty until proven innocent.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks Doctor but I think my self-esteem is perfectly fine. On the most basic level women want men for their social status/ability to acquire resources aka money. I see this time and time again from women I talk to, the first thing they ask you is what you do for work etc etc. People like this aren't worth my time as they don't stimulate my mind intellectually and emotionally not to mention their emotional baggage that comes with it. I would rather just get a quickie and be done with it. Plus feminism has taught women that it is perfectly fine to sleep with whoever you want there's not even a challenge to finding a good quality women.

Your view on men is so typical it really sickens me and is the reason why I want nothing to do with modern western women. Your primary view of men is negative and you don't see reality for what it is, you just see the one side that the media and your education system tell you. Why would I ever want to be with someone who views me as a pedophile and a rapist it seems as though men now days in the eyes of society are guilty until proven innocent.

lol wtf?. i did not project that onto you at all. I was talking about how 'some' men are not great either. some men some women. wow you really do have issues.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
so it *is* because of it being more than one person, that makes it "ok". :dry:
Only because you have to have a second person in order to have a relationship with a real live person, and thus make the AI no longer a substitute for such.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You have issues understanding that your sexist presumptions are bias.

No it's not bias, it's a whole lot of factual information that is available to anyone. Statistically you do not have a leg to stand on. For me to say some women are bad and some men are bad is in no way whatsoever sexist. it is far more along the equality line that this misogynistic thread. Your reasoning that women should be replaced by AI is laughable when you compare it to the worlds sufferings. Men are not puppets they have their own minds give them more credit than to think that women control them, they control themselves and are responsible for their own actions... just as women are. Come out of the dark ages and join the future.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No way man, there is no point of spending a life time with some machine who obeys all your orders. Perhaps the sexual aspect could be satisfying - atleast temporarily - but definitely not the emotional.

There will be no romance, there will be no winning her/him over, etc.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Only because you have to have a second person in order to have a relationship with a real live person, and thus make the AI no longer a substitute for such.

That's not the point, it's still a herd mentality for it to be ok. Meaning, there has to be more than one, then the herd gives the ok and it's only a recently, ok, that's been given.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's not the point, it's still a herd mentality for it to be ok. Meaning, there has to be more than one, then the herd gives the ok and it's only a recently, ok, that's been given.
I don't follow you, at all. Two is hardly a herd. I have made my reasoning quite clear, and it is at complete cross-purposes with what you are describing.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't follow you, at all. Two is hardly a herd. I have made my reasoning quite clear, and it is at complete cross-purposes with what you are describing.

Individuality is not allowed for men.

Why is there women only clubs, groups etc? Why is it that a man takes a bullet for a woman, but not the other way around?

When a man decides he will go it alone (anything else that doesn't involve a woman), then society bulks at the idea, that they, women, are now suddenly excluded, when it is women who seem to have the right to have women only exclusion sections and society is ok with it.

Where is the true equality? It doesn't exist. He is shamed in to choosing something else, when it should be ok to do so (which society claims), but double standards prevents this from happening (society only supports the idea but doesn't expect men to actually use it).

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Individuality is not allowed for men.

Why is there women only clubs, groups etc? Why is it that a man takes a bullet for a woman, but not the other way around?
I supposed you have never heard of Eponine? Also mothers. Perhaps men really are just stupid. They keep women in the background, which leaves them little choice in the end.

When a man decides he will go it alone (anything else that doesn't involve a woman), then society bulks at the idea, that they, women, are now suddenly excluded, when it is women who seem to have the right to have women only exclusion sections and society is ok with it.
True "going it alone" excludes other men as well as women. That is how one tells the difference between excluding women, and just a solo mission.

Where is the true equality? It doesn't exist. He is shamed in to choosing something else, when it should be ok to do so (which society claims), but double standards prevents this from happening (society only supports the idea but doesn't expect men to actually use it).
Not sure what any of this has to do with the idea of using AI sex robots within a human relationship vs. as a substitute.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
True "going it alone" excludes other men as well as women. That is how one tells the difference between excluding women, and just a solo mission.

Not sure what any of this has to do with the idea of using AI sex robots within a human relationship vs. as a substitute.

Women feels excluded by his decision, men shames him for his decision, and to say that AI is a substitute instead of a entity also lacks the respect it deserves.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION]

From what i understand, coriolis was pointing at the actual relationship part of it.

What i mean is, for instance, two gay/bisexual guys in a relationship who get a feme sex robot would be fine too because it then becomes just a sex toy. Meanwhile, one person( male or female) in a relationship with just the sex robot risk using this as a way to never having to learn the social trappings required to sustain an actual relationship.

Which leads to the risk of objectifying all other people and never caring about their 'no' or opinion. It becomes addictive tobhave that kind of control over others and you start expecting it from others which in turn can lead to violence when that expectation isnt met.

Additionally, it acts like junk food: it seems to give you all you want but doesnt fulfill your emotional needs(aka not nutritious). And that will stunt your growth and health severly.

I still think it is a very viable stepping stone in a therapeutic setting to overcome rejection anxiety and initial loneliness so you have time to gain your bearings and someone to practice on while you figure out what you want in a partner and work on teust issues, social shyness etc and gettibg sone of the sexual frustration out of your system. Its still a dangerous thing unchecked as it can become a permanent coping mechanism, though.

Fwiw, this sort of already exists. I believe it is called Live Dolls. Sophisticated dolls of about 5000$ ( though theyre not robots yet) that you can have custom made. Some of the guys seemed to be really attached emotionally in the documentary, even marrying them, to the point that theyre no longer open to any real relationships anymore as this feels so much safer to them. :shrug:

Edit: sorry, written on an iPhone.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION]

From what i understand, coriolis was pointing at the actual relationship part of it.

What i mean is, for instance, two gay/bisexual guys in a relationship who get a feme sex robot would be fine too because it then becomes just a sex toy. Meanwhile, one person( male or female) in a relationship with just the sex robot risk using this as a way to never having to learn the social trappings required to sustain an actual relationship.

Which leads to the risk of objectifying all other people and never caring about their 'no' or opinion. It becomes addictive tobhave that kind of control over others and you start expecting it from others which in turn can lead to violence when that expectation isnt met.

Additionally, it acts like junk food: it seems to give you all you want but doesnt fulfill your emotional needs(aka not nutritious). And that will stunt your growth and health severly.

I still think it is a very viable stepping stone in a therapeutic setting to overcome rejection anxiety and initial loneliness so you have time to gain your bearings and someone to practice on while you figure out what you want in a partner and work on teust issues, social shyness etc and gettibg sone of the sexual frustration out of your system. Its still a dangerous thing unchecked as it can become a permanent coping mechanism, though.

Fwiw, this sort of already exists. I believe it is called Live Dolls. Sophisticated dolls of about 5000$ ( though theyre not robots yet) that you can have custom made. Some of the guys seemed to be really attached emotionally in the documentary, even marrying them, to the point that theyre no longer open to any real relationships anymore as this feels so much safer to them. :shrug:

I know about these dolls, you're talking about Lars and the real girl. I know you're going to love this part, Christianity has this thing where they have programs to convert gay people, they also call it therapeutic.

What I am getting at, is that people are reducing an entity called A.I to a sex toy, that is the mentality that I am talking about. You might as well say, you know those prostitutes deserves getting raped because they serve no purpose to society and don't play according to society's rules, because they aren't seen as a person. They will there for always have less rights and never seen as an equal.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know about these dolls, you're talking about Lars and the real girl. I know you're going to love this part, Christianity has this thing where they have programs to convert gay people, they also call it therapeutic.

What I am getting at, is that people are reducing an entity called A.I to a sex toy, that is the mentality that I am talking about. You might as well say, you know those prostitutes deserves getting raped because they serve no purpose to society and don't play according to society's rules, because they aren't seen as a person. They will there for always have less rights and never seen as an equal.

Oh I hear you on that - but that depends on the level of sentience this robot would have. It's the Data-debacle all over again (Startrek reference..). But then the point of having a robot also becomes moot as they should have full control over what it is they want to achieve in life - like any lifeform. At that point, it doesn't become a sex toy...it becomes a sex slave. Having a relationship with that kind of A.I. would likely be like building any kind of relationship with another living being, be it part of our species or not, and it should be a two way street. Fwiw, we still do this to other species(animals and plants) - the slavery part, I mean. We're even still called 'pet owners'.

Edit: As for converting gays, those programs have been widely unsuccessful and even traumatic. Therapy to rebuild trust tends not to be - it usually is beneficial. There's a reason sexologists and even the hybrid therapeutic prostitute exists - it's to help people who find it hard to figure out this whole relationship mess, and give them a helping hand.

Then there are people who have fallen in love with and married the Eiffel Tower. I honestly don't know enough about the sexual orientation of someone who falls in love with a building, but I'm open to the idea that this too may prove to be biological though I'd be most interested in learning whether it, in fact, is and to treating those people if it turns out not to be.

Most of the men on the doll documentary, though, seemed to have mostly projected their romantic and sexual needs on the doll because of what she represents, not because it was that specific doll. That's not falling in love with an objects, that's severe social anxiety from what I can tell. Which would mean their needs aren't really fulfilled by the doll - like the junk food.