• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A.I replacing women in the future

Crabs

Permabanned
I haven't been following this thread; just jumped to the last page. Robot sex seems weird.

I think it would be a cop-out "solution" for people who do not want to do the emotional work to attract and sustain a healthy relationship.
Getting stuff without work is not that satisfying anyway, because of the haunting sense you didn't earn it by any merit of your own, so it in no way affirms your worth.

This quote caught my attention though. I agree that earning a reward for hard work is satisfying, although I disagree that getting stuff without work isn't satisfying. Your take on this issue in the context of a relationship is a bit perplexing to me though. Are you saying that if the "perfect" person for you reciprocated your interest and feelings, you wouldn't be satisfied unless you felt like you earned their love somehow? I mean, what kind of merit are you talking about that would make one worthy of love? I guess I view relationships as more a result of compatibility than work/reward. Not sure what you mean by affirming one's worth.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I haven't been following this thread; just jumped to the last page. Robot sex seems weird.

This quote caught my attention though. I agree that earning a reward for hard work is satisfying, although I disagree that getting stuff without work isn't satisfying. Your take on this issue in the context of a relationship is a bit perplexing to me though. Are you saying that if the "perfect" person for you reciprocated your interest and feelings, you wouldn't be satisfied unless you felt like you earned their love somehow? I mean, what kind of merit are you talking about that would make one worthy of love? I guess I view relationships as more a result of compatibility than work/reward. Not sure what you mean by affirming one's worth.

No, not "earned" as if I had to do something, but knowing it was a free-will response to who I am.

Love is a value. It is the ultimate value. It is more than your human worth that is affirmed when you give/receive love, but it is your individual essence. Worth is not the best word, but there isn't any good one.
It is not about earning, just being. But some people are "being" in a way that repels others, so they have to do emotional work to themselves.

To receive "love" from a machine with no free will and knowing deep down you are not able to mirror such a love from such a being (if they were real) will register as fraud emotionally and not be satisfying.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No, not "earned" as if I had to do something, but knowing it was a free-will response to who I am.

Love is a value. It is the ultimate value. It is more than your human worth that is affirmed when you give/receive love, but it is your individual essence. Worth is not the best word, but there isn't any good one.
It is not about earning, just being. But some people are "being" in a way that repels others, so they have to do emotional work to themselves.

To receive "love" from a machine with no free will and knowing deep down you are not able to mirror such a love from such a being (if they were real) will register as fraud emotionally and not be satisfying.

Perhaps the machine is a path to personal growth. Where as these human beings able to communicate and teach it clearly are hard to find, making copies of them for machines will make it a possibility for humans to learn/grow.

Crabs

Permabanned

Ahh...okay. I misunderstood you. I haven't read through most of the replies so I'm not sure if people are talking about AI/robots, as in "a computerized sex doll that doesn't just lie there, but moves, moans and pretends to have an orgasm, etc..." which would really just be an expensive form of masturbation. But yeah, if you can program something that has no sense of autonomy then it's not a being, it's a thing.

Some people really struggle with socializing though to where it's not a matter of willpower, but ignorance or a fundamental misunderstanding of communication that is necessary to develop healthy relationships. Unfortunately, widespread resources to help individuals with these deficits, much like mental healthcare in general, are often ineffective or inaccessible. In some cases, it seems to be an issue of mental orientation rather than mental health, such as savants and gifted people whose faculties are superior in certain areas at the expense of social competence; though interpersonal difficulties may eventually lead to emotional unhealthiness in such individuals.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If it does the job physically and emotionally, I don't see it as wrong.

But if the whole idea begins to burn at one's psyche -- such as in causing/feeding depression due to isolation -- then it's not doing its "emotional job."

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes. :)
We could eliminate the idea of being male or female and just be who we are instead.

We already have this. It's called not giving a shit about how others define you (or realizing you cannot control that aspect of life) and developing a confident sense of self.

Little_Sticks

We already have this. It's called not giving a shit about how others define you (or realizing you cannot control that aspect of life) and developing a confident sense of self.

It's not all about you. You can develop a confident sense of self, but it doesn't stop other people from harming you based on how they see you or using that to make your life much harder or discriminating. That's a real consideration people have to make when they actually deal with the real world, not living in a fantasy world or being a hermit somewhere. Yeah, it would be nice to have the means where people don't have to consider how other people view them, but not everyone is as lucky as you.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
crazy-japanese-inventions-9.jpeg

We love things so much we might as well replace intimate objects with real relationships as well.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's not all about you. You can develop a confident sense of self, but it doesn't stop other people from harming you based on how they see you or using that to make your life much harder or discriminating. That's a real consideration people have to make when they actually deal with the real world, not living in a fantasy world or being a hermit somewhere. Yeah, it would be nice to have the means where people don't have to consider how other people view them, but not everyone is as lucky as you.

I never said don't consider how other people view you, rather give the appropriate priority toward how other people view you.

You don't have be a hermit or live in a fantasy world for that.

Basically, place more importance on developing your own sense of self worth. Using other people's opinion as a (disproportional) tool to feel approval with your life choices will always lead to dissatisfaction.

If you are being discriminated against, then fight back legally. If your choices are harmless in the way you choose to live your life but unpopular with certain sects, and they verbalize this online or somewhere socially - that isn't discrimination. That is criticism.

You should be able to face criticism and weigh its merits or lack thereof without too much pain...provided you have a strong sense of self.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What if happy couples would decided to incorporate these sex AIs into their own sex lives together?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
because it is more than one person it makes it ok?
Because it's in addition to a person it makes it OK. Sort of like some sophisticated sex toy, rather than a substitute for a real-life lover.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:thinking: i could actually see it being a valuable therapy tool under guidance of a sexuogist. However, it can also easily become a crutch and addictive coping mechanism if not propely monitored, stunting the persons growth in the long run.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What do you think about A.I replacing real life women in the future as a companion? An A.I that could do anything you wanted. The A.I was programmed to act very human like and looked very human like. Would you ever consider having a relationship with an A.I you found to be more enjoyable to be around than a real women?

Honestly it just sounds like you are fed up with women not be subordinate enough and so would prefer something you could control completely. IMO you would like female robot slaves. Wrong on just so many levels.

I can hazard guesses as to the origin to your extreme misogyny. You really need to let go of the anger, it fuels your hatred and perpetuates the cycle. You would be a much happier person and in time might be able to have a meaningful and lasting loving relationship.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Honestly it just sounds like you are fed up with women not be subordinate enough and so would prefer something you could control completely. IMO you would like female robot slaves. Wrong on just so many levels.

I can hazard guesses as to the origin to your extreme misogyny. You really need to let go of the anger, it fuels your hatred and perpetuates the cycle. You would be a much happier person and in time might be able to have a meaningful and lasting loving relationship.

No I'm tired of women taking advantage of good, honest, caring and hardworking men I've seen it too many times to count. Also the amount of women single in their 30's and 40's is staggering due to men falling behind both socially and economically. People like you only perpetuate the problem calling us misogynists for not wanting anything to do with a broken system you should be proud of yourself.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because it's in addition to a person it makes it OK. Sort of like some sophisticated sex toy, rather than a substitute for a real-life lover.

so it *is* because of it being more than one person, that makes it "ok". :dry:

I'm ok with it, I just think it is weird that now it becomes ok for some.

Lark

For me I dont think anything will ever replace women, I also dont think that a simulation of life will ever replace life and that anything dead, artificial will ever be as beautiful as a living, breathing, being.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No I'm tired of women taking advantage of good, honest, caring and hardworking men I've seen it too many times to count. Also the amount of women single in their 30's and 40's is staggering due to men falling behind both socially and economically. People like you only perpetuate the problem calling us misogynists for not wanting anything to do with a broken system you should be proud of yourself.

I am a good honest woman married to a good honest man. I care not for wealth or social prowess. You really are failing terribly here.