• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A.I replacing women in the future

jixmixfix

Permabanned
and what if it picks ANOTHER man with x,y,z qualities instead of you? is there going to be a money back guarantee? :huh: otherwise, it's a pretty shitty investment

It depends if we design something with free will or not, to an extent humans don't act on free will either we are programmed by our genetic makeup and we find others attractive based on that.
I've always thought about things like this along the same lines as people who build robot friends and such... what is lacking in the basic humanity of such a person that they would forsake their abilities to bond with their fellow humans in favor of having someone that they could control every aspect of? Like I said, it reflects much more on the individual who would choose such a thing instead of society at large, since most of us are able to do as has been done for millennia... find another human being or two or three to have an actual bond with.

It's not about control it's about seeking a mutual relationship with someone compatible, I would say that it's the person's free will whether they want to seek a bond with a robot or not when the technology becomes available. If socities values and morals aren't compatible with an individual values and morals then why does that individual need to sacrifice themselves in order to please others?

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Could A.I. replace human companionship in the future?

There now all we need is one thread.

No I want to talk specifically about A.I replacing women for men this shouldn't be a problem both men and women have different desires and needs from one another.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It depends if we design something with free will or not, to an extent humans don't act on free will either we are programmed by our genetic makeup and we find others attractive based on that.

if you design it to love you and NOT fall for anyone else, you are sacrificing your ability to actually be loved

if you design it to have free will, there's a good chance it might just pick someone else

I'll admit that I do have a type, but a lot of guys fall into that broad category and I have been in love more than once... which suggests that while humans may be predisposed towards a certain appearance or something along those lines, there is a lot more flexibility there than you would get with an AI :shrug:

It's not about control it's about seeking a mutual relationship with someone compatible, I would say that it's the person's free will whether they want to seek a bond with a robot or not when the technology becomes available. If socities values and morals aren't compatible with an individual values and morals then why does that individual need to sacrifice themselves in order to please others?

if you are choosing how it thinks and views things that IS control though. part of being a human being and living in society in general is learning to get along with those who are different than you and may even have different views than you do... that sort of ability gives us the ability to function as a society. if people have the option of opting out of learning how to get along with others and compromise what is going to happen to the ties that keep society at large functioning?

I'm not saying that it's wrong for someone to love a robot... I'm just saying that desiring one because you are unwilling to do what everyone else does and learn to be a fully developed person isn't a very good reason to seek one out :)

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because of the two genders - men don't seem to mind being able to program their exact needs into a machine that *performs* without all that emotional gushy crap. Besides, dial up your dildo and then start pointing fingers. It's not like women haven't been using machines themselves. (Also created by men so it's *easier and woman can do it themselves*) Hypocritical. Men just think about having one machine that does everything they want.

I don't identify with any of these things you ascribe to men, and I am not gay, or bi, nor particularly even strange in my relational needs as a male.

To answer the O.P., ah hem, straight: Nah, I wouldn't get one, I have no interest in upgraded blow up dolls. But I could very well see them being used quite nicely as incentives to fringe men without social skills and/or out of the norm emotional profiles. But any actually convincing AI implies a lot more interesting questions than whether they could be fuck toys.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As some sectors of society have been working to make AI systems more like real humans, others have been relentlessly turning humans, often women, into something more akin to a computer. Just think of all those people who deal with the public on the phone or even in person in customer service roles. Their jobs consist of reading scripts and exchanging numbers in a pleasant but impersonal manner (credit cards, account number, phone number, product number, confirmation number, etc.) In some sense, then, we don't have to replace women with AI because the "replacement" has already been done. On the other hand, it would be better to let these women go back to being human all the time, and have men who really want an AI companion to get a robot, rather than turning real women into something they are not. A latter day Stepford (original movie), I supposed one could say, reserved for those who can't/won't handle real human relationships.

No I want to talk specifically about A.I replacing women for men this shouldn't be a problem both men and women have different desires and needs from one another.
Actually, they don't. Individual differences far outweigh whatever statistical trends one might see for a given sex and sexual orientation.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Unexpected item in bagging area. Remove this item before continuing.

Hapyniss

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
I don't identify with any of these things you ascribe to men, and I am not gay, or bi, nor particularly even strange in my relational needs as a male.

To answer the O.P., ah hem, straight: Nah, I wouldn't get one, I have no interest in upgraded blow up dolls. But I could very well see them being used quite nicely as incentives to fringe men without social skills and/or out of the norm emotional profiles. But any actually convincing AI implies a lot more interesting questions than whether they could be fuck toys.

OK. I guess I assumed you had a computer (glorified filing cabinet and storage device?) that you liked to have perform certain things for you which were programmed. But you must be posting on this thread from another source; telepathically?

A.I. would have to be an elegant creation of technology and, to some extent, the origination of singularity. So to refer to it as a glorified blow up doll really doesn't do this type of technology justice. It's also not fair to say that someone is socially incapable and that's why they would prefer this type of relationship. That's just mean.

Little_Sticks

I'd get one if the A.I. was sophisticated enough, had self-awareness, and wasn't bound to "serve" me (lol).

But I'd also be one of the first people to sign up for putting my brain in a robot body or replacing my consciousness with a completely robotic one. I'd be more resilient and could augment and upgrade myself much easier than human flesh, which is so much more intricate and eventually fails, it seems. Would essentially replace genetic evolution with what evolution my will desired instead. :)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
OK. I guess I assumed you had a computer (glorified filing cabinet and storage device?) that you liked to have perform certain things for you which were programmed. But you must be posting on this thread from another source; telepathically?

A.I. would have to be an elegant creation of technology and, to some extent, the origination of singularity. So to refer to it as a glorified blow up doll really doesn't do this type of technology justice. It's also not fair to say that someone is socially incapable and that's why they would prefer this type of relationship. That's just mean.

first off... if it's designed to act as a comfort woman for somebody, it's still a sex toy, just like a blowup doll :shrug:

secondly, mean doesn't mean not true :)

and thirdly...wait... would an AI even be able to give consent? :huh:

if they DO have personalities and such programmed into them and can interact much like people do I can see the legal issue of their personhood being brought up... but if they are programmed to love someone would that be removing their consent from the situation :thinking:

many, many problems with this entire situation

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd get one if the A.I. was sophisticated enough, had self-awareness, and wasn't bound to "serve" me (lol).

But I'd also be one of the first people to sign up for putting my brain in a robot body or replacing my consciousness with a completely robotic one. I'd be more resilient and could augment and upgrade myself much easier than human flesh, which is so much more intricate and eventually fails, it seems. Would essentially replace genetic evolution with what evolution my will desired instead. :)

Would you say it's evolution from transgender?

Lark

Well, if this doesnt just get to the root of this poster's problem I dont know what does, threads and threads and threads bitching and moaning about women having one up on men and then a thread about how wouldnt be great if we'd not just be able to objectify women but to replace them altogether with an object?

I dont think that'd be great, I dont like dead, mechanical objects better than actual living things, I'd far rather be bibliophile than necrophile and go with the being mode of existence than the having, which is all part of this.

I'll have a woman over a glorified laptop any day of the week, no matter how good an impression of an actual woman the laptop can do.

Lark

Yes. :)
We could eliminate the idea of being male or female and just be who we are instead.

I dont see what's wrong with being male or female, I find it highly curious that anyone would find that a problem in the first place.

I'm male, I'm really happy with that, I like women and know plenty who're happy with being women.

So, I'm like LGBT public enemy number one now right?

Fuck it.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dont see what's wrong with being male or female, I find it highly curious that anyone would find that a problem in the first place.

I'm male, I'm really happy with that, I like women and know plenty who're happy with being women.

Fuck it.

Tomorrow you'll wake up and avoid the whole process, even after you have smashed that clock radio.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

Fuck it.
[MENTION=7785]Little_Sticks[/MENTION] didn't imply that there was anything wrong with being a traditional male or female. Thing is, do you have a problem with people who say they aren't?

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Well, if this doesnt just get to the root of this poster's problem I dont know what does, threads and threads and threads bitching and moaning about women having one up on men and then a thread about how wouldnt be great if we'd not just be able to objectify women but to replace them altogether with an object?

I dont think that'd be great, I dont like dead, mechanical objects better than actual living things, I'd far rather be bibliophile than necrophile and go with the being mode of existence than the having, which is all part of this.

I'll have a woman over a glorified laptop any day of the week, no matter how good an impression of an actual woman the laptop can do.

Women one up men? You mean through supercifical government quotas and laws, yes. Go ahead take your real women I doubt you'll ever find one though and be able to marry one without getting a divorce and having the state take your earnings.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Women one up men? You mean through supercifical government quotas and laws, yes. Go ahead take your real women I doubt you'll ever find one though and be able to marry one without getting a divorce and having the state take your earnings.

Most men are married to women. What are you on about?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

The computer isn't the object I'm interacting with. I'm interacting with you, a stubborn individual with your own opinions and needs. Because I choose to, and I get enjoyment from such things. On the same level, I'm interested in relationships primarily because there are people with free will involved. Take that away, all you have is a fuck toy.

Sure, maybe people who don't choose to negotiate things may not be incapable, but if they aren't it doubly makes their android a glorified fleshlight. If they are, it makes it a therapy unit. If the AI has free will, then it's an actual relationship between people again.

Unless it's so incredibly above you, then you're the fuck toy.