• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A.I replacing women in the future

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Aren't we programmed, in a sense?

Not as explicitly as telling us that we must love one particular individual... The messy aspects and chances and risks that go with falling in love are a part of that thrill... And a very human thing as well... It's the part of not knowing how it's going to go and where it will all end up... You won't get that if you buy something programmed to love you

Permabanned
The concept of A.I. is sentience, thus programming is unsuitable. Ironically, in Her, the female O.S. ends up inevitably evolving into parallel polygamy before completely wandering off in the A.I. rapture. The slut.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you think about A.I replacing real life women in the future as a companion? An A.I that could do anything you wanted. The A.I was programmed to act very human like and looked very human like. Would you ever consider having a relationship with an A.I you found to be more enjoyable to be around than a real women?

Have you watched this?

andresimon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
What do you think about A.I replacing real life women in the future as a companion? An A.I that could do anything you wanted. The A.I was programmed to act very human like and looked very human like. Would you ever consider having a relationship with an A.I you found to be more enjoyable to be around than a real women?

Just take a look at how technology is typically adopted. Crossing the chasm etc...LESS than 1% of people have the guts to go against the grain and say no on PURPOSE vs by coincidence/randomness/forced.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:mellow:

On a somewhat related note, I highly recommend the film, Ex Machina.

Or Blade Runner. (The hardware is different but the same applies)

The problem with A.I. is. As soon as the entity becomes self aware with freewill attached. You immediately become a slave owner vs a (equal) partner.

edit: or Battlestar Galactica (my favourite)

wolfy

awsm
I once went to a dance at a school, not the school I went to, and asked a girl I liked the look of to dance. I didn't know her. After dancing she mentioned that it was the rule that you couldn't refuse a dance. I felt like that took all the joy out of it.

So, no.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Why would u need an ai as a sex toy?
Thats pointless. Get a fleshlight or something

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Why would it leave the guys that bought them? because they are all losers right? what if the robot was programmed to be attracted to a different set of features human females are attracted to?

Like obese Poor people with bad grooming?

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Uhm

What about AI replacing the men?

It seems easier that way. For example, it's hard for an AI mechanism, whether implemented in software or on a robot, to do things like carry a fetus to term.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
It would act as a companion not just a aex ovject that's the point.
[MENTION=7278]jixmixfix[/MENTION] look man, all the guys are pretty upset at you right now
I GET IT, you're new to the 9th Circle of Man, have survived and carry a deep and secret wound from the thousands of times a woman brutally rejected/hurt you for no other reason than that society gives her a free pass to be bitchy.
So you've learned of our Ma(n)sterplan to replace all women with supermodel subservient AI who develop their personalities solely around your desires / preference / personality and want to worship your manhood as often as you want.

The thing is you're not SUPPOSED to tell anyone. What if hillary becomes president?! What about that german tomboy president ? They could nuke us man!

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Uhm

What about AI replacing the men?

It seems easier that way. For example, it's hard for an AI mechanism, whether implemented in software or on a robot, to do things like carry a fetus to term.

NOTHING CAN STOP SCIENCE
and most hard scientists are men. (edit [MENTION=22264]jscrothers[/MENTION]: no pun intended)

So we have the numbers! WE SHALL RISE!

More seriously I think jix... whatever his name (sorry, you're name's not easy buddy). Well his idea seems indicative of a rising trend in men losing interest in marriage as they don't see the benefit and a rising awareness of systemic misandry advantaging women despite men working longer hours and harder for the sake of fulfilling quotas without giving men the same benefits in women dominated fields.

(I'm, of course, talking trends here, not anecdotal stuff)

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
NOTHING CAN STOP SCIENCE
and most hard scientists are men. (edit [MENTION=22264]jscrothers[/MENTION]: no pun intended)

So we have the numbers! WE SHALL RISE!

More seriously I think jix... whatever his name (sorry, you're name's not easy buddy). Well his idea seems indicative of a rising trend in men losing interest in marriage as they don't see the benefit and a rising awareness of systemic misandry advantaging women despite men working longer hours and harder for the sake of fulfilling quotas without giving men the same benefits in women dominated fields.

(I'm, of course, talking trends here, not anecdotal stuff)

What Planet Are You From? (2000)

A highly-evolved planet, whose denizens feel no emotion and reproduce by cloning, plans to take over Earth from the inside by sending an operative, fashioned with a humming, mechanical penis, to impregnate an earthling and stay until the birth. The alien, Harold Anderson, goes to Phoenix as a banker and sets to work finding a mate. His approaches to women are inept, and the humming phallus doesn't help, but on the advice of a banking colleague, he cruises an AA meeting, meets Susan, and somehow convinces her to marry. The clock starts to tick: will she conceive, have a baby, and lose Harold (and the child) to his planet before he discovers emotion and starts to care?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not nessisarily it can be programmed similar to how human females are programmed. The A.I can look for a mate that has x,y,z qualities first.

and what if it picks ANOTHER man with x,y,z qualities instead of you? is there going to be a money back guarantee? :huh: otherwise, it's a pretty shitty investment

I've always thought about things like this along the same lines as people who build robot friends and such... what is lacking in the basic humanity of such a person that they would forsake their abilities to bond with their fellow humans in favor of having someone that they could control every aspect of? Like I said, it reflects much more on the individual who would choose such a thing instead of society at large, since most of us are able to do as has been done for millennia... find another human being or two or three to have an actual bond with.

of course there could be other aspects related to this though... kind of like Lars and the Real Girl, where he uses a sex doll to learn human interaction in a way, or the episode "Be Right Back" of Black Mirror, in which a grieving woman gets a copy of her dead SO (personality based on his constant social media presence and an android body made to look like him) in an attempt to deal with his death, though she did discover that having someone like that isn't all that it's cracked up to be :thinking: