• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Enthusiastic_Dreamer

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
I could be very wrong, but I want to say that I can't see you as a four.

Because when they say that 4w3 who are social are "light" I don't think it means that they are expressive and and try to stick out to have people notice them. I just think it means that they are polite/not jarring. Like, some 4s are just "intense" meaning that they really really really are jarring in personality. Like, even if they don't dress loudly/expressively, their eyes/body posture express that they don't blend in well or desire human connection and you don't really feel like you can approach them.

Whereas the light 4s look like 9s (but a very very very introverted 9 who isn't all that expressive... but still has a soft facade to hide behind because they don't want to share their true selves with others). Like, they may seem approachable and ....to some extent they can blend in, but they still have a pleasantly distant vibe to them.

that's just my take.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I could be very wrong, but I want to say that I can't see you as a four.

Because when they say that 4w3 who are social are "light" I don't think it means that they are expressive and and try to stick out to have people notice them. I just think it means that they are polite/not jarring. Like, some 4s are just "intense" meaning that they really really really are jarring in personality. Like, even if they don't dress loudly/expressively, their eyes/body posture express that they don't blend in well or desire human connection and you don't really feel like you can approach them.

Whereas the light 4s look like 9s (but a very very very introverted 9 who isn't all that expressive... but still has a soft facade to hide behind because they don't want to share their true selves with others). Like, they may seem approachable and ....to some extent they can blend in, but they still have a pleasantly distant vibe to them.

that's just my take.

Thanks for your input Thoughts! Ya, I decided to just remove enneagram and instinctual subtyping for now until I have a more firm understanding of them. I'd rather do that than haphazardly post some typing and have people questioning this or that, when I don't even have the knowledge to back up that typing. So until I come to any conclusions and a new typing, I greatly appreciate getting feedback like this :D

At this point, I'm more or less certain of xxFP though. I used to be certain of my extroversion, but I swear I feel so ambiverted at times. I could be an introvert living out of my extroverted function lately, well, I don't know.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Thanks for your input Thoughts! Ya, I decided to just remove enneagram and instinctual subtyping for now until I have a more firm understanding of them. I'd rather do that than haphazardly post some typing and have people questioning this or that, when I don't even have the knowledge to back up that typing. So until I come to any conclusions and a new typing, I greatly appreciate getting feedback like this :D

At this point, I'm more or less certain of xxFP though. I used to be certain of my extroversion, but I swear I feel so ambiverted at times. I could be an introvert living out of my extroverted function lately, well, I don't know.

Yeah, I understand. Enneagram is easiest for me to see in people, so that is why I chimed in on that first.

I think that a strong extrovert is initiative-taking and "making things happen". So an Ne dom will not feel like they are leaving they are living a good life they are not realizing their ideals. A Te dom would be frustrated if they cannot gather knowledge to use it to their advantage. An Fe dom will feel like they are living a hum drum life if they don't find an avenue to express their ethical ideals. So maybe they value "love" and want to see that expressed by cheering people up via their music or activitism or whatever they do. An Se dom will get bored if they can't have to fuss over details and not get things that need to get done ...well, done (but Te is like that too).

I think one of my labmates is a strong extrovert and she needs activity to keep her going. I think she is a 7, she likes finding things to do in the city and feeds of off hanging out with friends, talking about interesting things, lots of things to do in the lab or whatever so she feels like life is moving. She slows down when there isn't much going on (and when she has to do things she doesn't want to do). She is really smart and can really connect the dots well.

It's not to say that introverts will never accomplish anything ever (we all have to do something with our time on Earth), but there is no "drive" to keep moving for the sake of it, or to experience things for the sake of it. My introvert sister enjoys doing pleasant things, but really isn't looking for things to do or places to see or information to learn to keep her charged. She is a busy person... but "activity" is not a word that I automatically associate with her personality. She isn't looking for new things to do with her time, isn't looking for new concepts to learn and thinking of ways to apply them, and barely extends her social circle (actively, I mean, she does have a good amount of people she knows).

I could be wrong, and I am contrasting a strong extrovert that I know to a strong introvert that I know.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instead of just saying yay or nay to the various words associated to each type, I'm going to add a quick comment to each word, since, I feel each is very situational.

List for ENFP

* Enthusiastic - I'd say more, "excitedly curious". I get excited over new things and typically jump right in wanting to learn it through and through...well, to a point, then I get bored of it and move on once I figure out the jist of it.
· Gregarious - I used to be severely introverted and not socialize much, but as I grew into myself and grew out of my social anxieties, I became much more extroverted and love being around people these days. This was only a development for the past oh, 4-5 years though?? (Why still question my E/I at times)
· Sociable - yes, but I have my cave moments where I partially isolate myself. Never completely though, I always leave my door open for my roomies to come in as they please.
· Expressive - with excitability and enthusiasm, absolutely. With negative emotions, never. You can tell when I'm feeling them though, since that extroverted excitement valve is turned off, and I go quiet, even around people.
· Creative - absolutely, I thrive off of thinking on my feet and coming to new solutions. I tire of routine easily and often take different routes home or to work just to help break the monotony.
· Imaginative - Growing up, I literally created this imaginary place in my mind, this internal scenery, where I could escape to when times got tough. I'd put on music and go off to this imaginary place and somehow, imagining this dream world, which is really just a made up scenic location, not a real destination or fairy land, erased most of my stress for the time being.
· Unconventional - let's just say I can often have some whaky thoughts that come out of my mouth around the right people. Usually it requires external stimulation or things though, like bouncing ideas of someone, or seeing something in my environment. My mind will take that external thing and play with it, and sort of create a new scene in my mind.
· Forward-thinking - always been a massive day dreamer. Not just thinking about junk while in class, but specifically thinking of things like "what would I do if I won the lottery" or "how would this conversation play out between me and this person about this and that" (that thought happens very often, where I play out conversations in my mind before I even approach that person.
· Passionate - I only have "passions" in life, not "likes" or simply "hobbies". If it doesn't interest me enough, I won't put the time or energy into it.
· Empathetic - around acquaintances, I can be, if I try. Personally when people talk about helping out the homeless or taking in this stray kitty, I couldn't care less. But around those I love and my closest friends, I'll do anything for them. Also, it's super easy for me to be able to put myself in someone else's shoes and sort of feel their emotions, so long as I've personally experienced what they're going through. I used to think that detail didn't matter until I analyzed my empathy ability more. I definitely need to have had that prior emotional experience.

Damn... I can't do this anymore, this is taking WAY too long. Umm...lemme just say yes or no to the ones I identify with, how about that. I can elaborate on any of the words and my relation to it if anyone wants :)

· Supportive - depends on who it is
· Warm - ya
· Open-minded - absolutely. I don't judge ya'll. Well, this also extends to options and not being able to decide on what to do since, given any moment, I may have multiple things I would like to do on a day off, and end up doing nothing because all the options sound good! This actually happens too often.
· Spontaneous - my emotions sort of dictate what I do, and they are hardly decisive or stable.
· Adaptable - totally. Moving cross country, changing jobs frequently, leaving my comfort zone, it doesn't phase me one bit. I get physically tired, but I thrive off of being flexible and thinking on my feet. It sort of stimulants my mind when I keep it in that mode.
· Whimsical - eh. Like fantasy stuff, no, don't care for it too much.

List for ESFJ
Friendly - sure. It really isn't all that hard to be friendly, is it for some people??
· Outgoing - I definitely have to push myself to be outgoing and sociable at times because of anxiety or just preferring to isolate myself, but once I actually get to the party or where ever that may be, I end up having a good time almost always.
· Expressive - I assume this is meant in a different way than as was described for the ENFP?? But sure, I am expressive, with my passions and excitement.
· Communicative - sort of. I don't communicate a lot of what's happening in my head actually.
· Grounded - umm...no haha. I have my friends to ground me. I feel I subconsciously seek out those more grounded types because my internal world is so chaotic and my emotions can be so varied at times, it really helps to have those other types in my life to stabilize me.
· Hands-on - maybe? not sure what this means
· Traditional - *cue angry SI mob* But with regards to Si, for example, with restaurants, I love to try out new restaurants and try new experiences, but within those new experiences, I tend to go back to the foods and things I know and like. So, new environment and setting, but not completely new.
· Practical - umm, with money, yes. Otherwise not too too much.
· Caring - if it concerns my interests or passions, or if it concerns those I love. Otherwise no
· Generous - not really, naturally, but I try to be more generous when I can. (self-improvement irrelevant of MBTI)
· Sensitive - in what way? I can be pretty sensitive with how things are said and directed towards me. (another self-improvement goal, not hastily assuming that what people say are intended to hurt me, if I felt hurt by their comments)

Shoot...I'm typing too much, AGAIN! This is why I often end up writing short novels as text messages to people, or through email.

· Nurturing - typically just for those I love, and if I don't have to go out of my way too much
· Loyal - totally. If I say I'll do something for you or make plans with you, I stick to my word. Wait...maybe that's not what is meant by this...
· Organized - I really do my best with this, and try to organize my external world as best I can, but that's only because my internal world is so cluttered with thoughts and ideas, my world goes to trash without structuring my external world. Sucky thing is, I can never maintain this needed organization. I always go through periods of getting my shit together, then having my life fall to pieces, then picking them up again, and having them fall right back down.
· Conscientious - nope
· Disciplined - this goes along with organization for me. I know I need it, but I really suck at it. I follow my emotions on practically every decision and action that I do.

I hope this helps!

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Yeah, I understand. Enneagram is easiest for me to see in people, so that is why I chimed in on that first.

I think that a strong extrovert is initiative-taking and "making things happen". So an Ne dom will not feel like they are leaving they are living a good life they are not realizing their ideals. A Te dom would be frustrated if they cannot gather knowledge to use it to their advantage. An Fe dom will feel like they are living a hum drum life if they don't find an avenue to express their ethical ideals. So maybe they value "love" and want to see that expressed by cheering people up via their music or activitism or whatever they do. An Se dom will get bored if they can't have to fuss over details and not get things that need to get done ...well, done (but Te is like that too).

I think one of my labmates is a strong extrovert and she needs activity to keep her going. I think she is a 7, she likes finding things to do in the city and feeds of off hanging out with friends, talking about interesting things, lots of things to do in the lab or whatever so she feels like life is moving. She slows down when there isn't much going on (and when she has to do things she doesn't want to do). She is really smart and can really connect the dots well.

It's not to say that introverts will never accomplish anything ever (we all have to do something with our time on Earth), but there is no "drive" to keep moving for the sake of it, or to experience things for the sake of it. My introvert sister enjoys doing pleasant things, but really isn't looking for things to do or places to see or information to learn to keep her charged.

I could be wrong, and I am contrasting a strong extrovert that I know to a strong introvert that I know.

Interesting! I'm glad you sort of spelled out the various dominant extroverted function tendencies too. At least based on that model, of being intiative-taking types, I would say I'm introverted. Well, I definitely feed off of the energy of people and ideas, experiences, and all that, and it's when I feel most mentally stimulated, but I'm less urgent about getting things going, maybe...Eh, no. Ok. If it's a new interest of mine or something shiny comes along, I jump immediately into it. I guess it depends.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
Interesting! I'm glad you sort of spelled out the various dominant extroverted function tendencies too. At least based on that model, of being intiative-taking types, I would say I'm introverted. Well, I definitely feed off of the energy of people and ideas, experiences, and all that, and it's when I feel most mentally stimulated, but I'm less urgent about getting things going, maybe...Eh, no. Ok. If it's a new interest of mine or something shiny comes along, I jump immediately into it. I guess it depends.

Well, then I'd call that extroversion. you're not going to be extroverted every second of the day... only when it's your dominant function. If you don't like the "shiny" thing... then you won't act on it. So for my labmate, you can just see it in her body even when she is "introverting". It's hard to explain. But there is a clear difference between her (who I consider an extrovert) and someone I'd call an introvert.

And sometimes, people are blocked from expressing their extroversion ...for whatever reason. Like, how do you feel when you go without that "stimulation" for "too long"? What happens when you have to hold back when something "shiny" comes along?
Edit::
Extroversion is not about "urgency". Te is ab