• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Suuuper confused, help type me?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been researching cognitive functions, and it seems as though I could be an INFP or ISFP. However I'm not completely sure, how does dominant Fi actually work?

You can google that. Also, you're an INFP.

- - - Updated - - -

The way you described yourself in your OP. What you are saying is very F but the language you use/way in which you describe it seems detached to me. Sorry, I can't give you more than that. It was an immediate sense.

Which is more detached, intuition or sensing?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^ I meant detached in the sense of being separate from the emotional nature described by OP. I got a more 'clinical' vibe.

morganelise48

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Seems like a male INFJ. The "male" part comes along typically, from what I've seen, by being not explanatory about what it is that makes you liked. Also your tone. I could be relating too much to myself as an INFJ, but it seems to fit.

morganelise48

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
INFP.

I was thinking INFP, and when I read about your resentment toward authority ("I'm somewhat prone to disliking people In charge of me for no real reason"), which indicates inferior Te, I knew it.

"I've also noticed that I tend to take in the emotions of the people I care about" indicates INFP or ISFP, in your case it's INFP. If you were an INFJ you would be more like the quote in my sig, taking in vibes from the environment around you like a dominant perceptive (Ni dominant in that case).
I also dislike authority as an INFJ. That could have to do with my father hating authority, though. Also, whether I'm taking in "emotions" or "vibes," I've always described or as emotions. We aren't the best at understanding ourselves, so vivid and exact wording when pertaining to ourselves can be hard especially when not contemplating over it. I feel like there isn't enough here to type this person. Definitely either an IN or an IxF

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I also dislike authority as an INFJ. That could have to do with my father hating authority, though. Also, whether I'm taking in "emotions" or "vibes," I've always described or as emotions. We aren't the best at understanding ourselves, so vivid and exact wording when pertaining to ourselves can be hard especially when not contemplating over it. I feel like there isn't enough here to type this person. Definitely either an IN or an IxF

If you read other INFP self-descriptions on these forums you will find much the same detail. I want the OP to google for those and do some self-comparison with other INFPs who have put up descriptions of themselves. They're easy to find.

Keikoppi

MBTI Type
Orly
Enneagram
mia
I thought INFP too from your description. :p

jadves

Enneagram
If you read other INFP self-descriptions on these forums you will find much the same detail. I want the OP to google for those and do some self-comparison with other INFPs who have put up descriptions of themselves. They're easy to find.

I've done that and INFP does seem more likely. There's just one doubt in my mind, I don't feel like I use Fi enough for it to be my dominant function. Of course on the other hand, I could be using it automatically without realising it. Is dominant Fi really as full on emotional as it seems?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've done that and INFP does seem more likely. There's just one doubt in my mind, I don't feel like I use Fi enough for it to be my dominant function. Of course on the other hand, I could be using it automatically without realising it. Is dominant Fi really as full on emotional as it seems?

As far as being Fi, the type is not known as emotional but rather hypersensitive and thin-skinned.

I found the following description on this forum:

Some common INFP issues include:

Hypersensitivity - We often interpret negative feedback as a personal attack. In fact, we sometimes project negativity onto factual, neutral statements. This problem extends to critiques of our values, since as Fi-doms we see our values as fundamental parts of ourselves. Our hypersensitivity can cause us to avoid seeking feedback or evaluation out of fear of it being negative.

Tendency to procrastinate - Like other perceiving types, we have a tendency to procrastinate. In our case, an avoidance of conflict tends to be a contributing factor. Our Fi-based idealism combined with our Ne-inspired ability to see possibilities sometimes makes moving from the possible to the actual demotivating: the reality is always less than we'd like it to be. This can even extend to career paralysis, in which we fear moving forward because no option is perfectly inline with our inner selves and values. Also, attempting something Importantâ„¢ and failing can trigger our hypersensitivity (see above). We can also tend to wait for internal transformation to provide motivation, even when external action is all that's needed to start the ball rolling.

Social Disregard and/or Cluelessness - Our lack of Fe and reliance on Fi tends to make us seemingly unaware of societal expectations. Even when we are aware of them, we may see such expectations as an attack on our individual expression and autonomy. Our Fi focus may also cause us to appear quirky or dress inappropriately for a given situation. Also, we may experience unnecessary conflict with Fe-users because we are unaware of the message we are sending by opting out of important rituals and traditions. We tend to be bad at initiating contact with others, which may send a message that we are selfishly disinterested in other people.

Idealism/Absolutism - While at its best our Fi can lead us towards having worthwhile values and not compromising them, at our worst we tend towards an intolerant, blinkered impracticality. We can tend to dismiss information that doesn't fit with our preconceived ideals and becomes angry when people point out how distorted our internal model of the world may be. This can extend to relationships, causing us to over-idealize those we love, leading to communication problems and/or disappointment.​

jadves

Enneagram
That settles it I guess, I'm an INFP. Thanks for the help! :)

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That settles it I guess, I'm an INFP. Thanks for the help! :)
You are either a ISFP or INFP.

I see Se Ni more likely than Ne Si, but that is where you need to explore to be certain.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You think? I'm a pretty zoned out person, isn't that the opposite of Se?

Ne users I know well are not spaced out at all, but they are not Fi doms.

A ISFP in a Fi-Ni loop would be very very spaced out, I guess. Fi doms in general have been known to space out at times. Which is why focusing on your aux and tert will likely result in your true type at this point, now that your Dom is clear.

So, do you feel you like you relate more to Se or Ne, Si or Ni?

jadves

Enneagram
Not sure if i relate to Se or Ne. I like theoretical discussions but I'm not very good at contributing to them, and I also like brainstorming ideas if we're going to take action right away, but planning for any point in the future is too boring. Having said that, I'd prefer to not plan at all and just make it up as I go along.

Daydreaming is a product of Ni right? If it is then I prefer Ni over Si for sure. Especially since Si seems to be Sentimental and enjoy keeping routines and I enjoy neither of those things.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Not sure if i relate to Se or Ne. I like theoretical discussions but I'm not very good at contributing to them, and I also like brainstorming ideas if we're going to take action right away, but planning for any point in the future is too boring. Having said that, I'd prefer to not plan at all and just make it up as I go along.

Daydreaming is a product of Ni right? If it is then I prefer Ni over Si for sure. Especially since Si seems to be Sentimental and enjoy keeping routines and I enjoy neither of those things.

I don't think daydreaming is necessarily a product of Ni, so I wouldn't use that as an indicator. The thing about taking action right away with ideas makes me think Se.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think daydreaming is a lot to do with Ni, myself.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
ISFP. I don't see Fe yet Ni is present. Your complaints with disorganisation and personality generally don't seem INTJish.

This is especially revealing:

I'm somewhat prone to disliking people In charge of me for no real reason. Even if they're incredibly nice, the fact that they're telling me what to do makes them seem aggressive and bossy which I despise. As a result I also hate being in charge, although that could also be because I hate responsibility and other people relying on me.

Keikoppi

MBTI Type
Orly
Enneagram
mia
There's spacing out, and there's daydreaming. Who makes up this stuff. I haven't found a clear indication/ solid proof and then there's tumblr. Dario Nardi works help but, eh. Yeah.