• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Oh WAAAAAHHH, you're not an INFJ!"

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=9016]mrcockburn[/MENTION], Ill be your friend no matter what your type is. :)

Unless youre ESFJ, but thats just cause I have standards.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=9016]mrcockburn[/MENTION], Ill be your friend no matter what your type is. :)

Unless youre ESFJ, but thats just cause I have standards.

aww :hug: you're going to get my Fe all hyper!

:yays:

See?

And me? ESFJ? :rofl1: We'll be having snowball fights in hell before that happens. :ninja:

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The thtern, falthe prophet ith here to thave the day!

MeTalkPrettyOneDayCover.JPG

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Keke... This wasnt quite what I imagined but glad I could help [MENTION=9016]mrcockburn[/MENTION] :D

You know you sound even more ESTP in your OP than those Other threads right? :lAugh:

I would love to hear how you internally process the world and how people perceive you IRL. I only know older INFJs and the 1 INFJ i knew in college was and is very quiet and more ijscrutable than you come off on the forum. Its just anecdotal but I want to hear moar!

Lol :doh: No matter what I do I can't shake off the ESTP, omg omg the PEST the PEST!!1

Honestly though, my way of processing the world (internally) is so damn bizarre that I can't even begin to describe it. For one thing, I have ADHD, dyslexia and synesthesia - so to crudely simplify it so as to avoid sounding like I'm tweaking - it's really a whole mishmash of noticing and experiencing patterns - and patterns of the patterns - and thinking of everything in a very mathematical way.

It's really hard to explain. :thinking: My explanation is not doing the experience justice. I think by mathematical, I mean that I see how everything impacts each other and connects - kind of like the butterfly effect, if that's even the right term for it. I build and anticipate systems and meta systems for how things work. Even things like philosophy, I think of in spatial dimensions - if that makes sense. I think in pictures and "movies" rather than verbal thought commands - and from a class I took once, I found out that wasn't really the norm, apparently.

And even with sound and music, I mentally construct images and movements of how I anticipate the song or piece will go (if I've never heard it before). It's always a game of anticipation, and I kind of wonder what the formula or the "system" of music entails. Kind of like the difference between graphite and diamond, so to is the difference between chaotic noise and what the ear would interpret as music. And of course it varies between cultures, but I always notice at least a semblance of consistency.

And similarly, I think of humanity as one giant science lab - to me, humans really are predictable and are there to be observed. When you break down all their seemingly complex behaviors, it comes down to simple patterns. And obviously that's nothing new, but it's my own mind's instinct.

I'm not doing a great job of explaining this, and I'm not even scratching the surface - but to put it simply, life to me is a pattern to figure out, organize and to anticipate - like a game of Chess with the strategies and the fundamentals that control the whole game.

So yeah, my mind is usually at least a few lightyears away from planet earth - until another person engages me. Then I completely shut that thought process out and focus on the "here and now," just because my own natural thoughts are just too strange to articulate, which I don't seem to be able to do anyway. Hell, I don't even do it online - as you can see, I'm no good with explaining my thoughts. I keep it all locked within myself - except with certain close friends who are also on the eccentric side. I find that I'm able to just effortlessly express my ideas to them in-person, for some reason.

I do love reading others' ideas on what makes life tick, but it's always awkward when I jump in, so I tend to just sit back and mentally compare my ideas to theirs, finding similarities, reconciling differences, or mentally debating them within myself.

So basically I'm either hyper and energetic in an "S" way with people, or my mind is racing while alone. If I'm not active physically/socially, I'm active mentally. I think it's why I get sick all the time, to be honest. (Like I am now) - I don't really ever just "chill" and veg out.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Throwing this out there - INTJ?

Cause, I know INFJ's can be kinda snippy sometimes (kekeke) but you really don't seem that Fe nice... I can't get over the story of how you dealt with your last boyfriend. That story made me go :huh: the way I get when XNTPs on the forum sometimes explain how they see other people.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Cause, I know INFJ's can be kinda snippy sometimes (kekeke) but you really don't seem that Fe nice... I can't get over the story of how you dealt with your last boyfriend. That story made me go :huh: the way I get when XNTPs on the forum sometimes explain how they see other people.

INTJ? Fuck no. That's the last type I'd be. I'd be ESFJ before that. (Sorry Rex!)

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

HELL no she is not an INTJ. she's about as INTJ as Bary Simpson :laugh:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Bah, let's just go down the list, then!

ENFP

JOIN US COCKBURN! JOIN THE DARK SIDE.

Actually...um...no...please don't...I think the ESTPs would appreciate you more? :D You know I kid!

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Whatever [MENTION=5684]Elfboy[/MENTION].

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Lol :doh: No matter what I do I can't shake off the ESTP, omg omg the PEST the PEST!!1

Honestly though, my way of processing the world (internally) is so damn bizarre that I can't even begin to describe it. For one thing, I have ADHD, dyslexia and synesthesia - so to crudely simplify it so as to avoid sounding like I'm tweaking - it's really a whole mishmash of noticing and experiencing patterns - and patterns of the patterns - and thinking of everything in a very mathematical way.

It's really hard to explain. :thinking: My explanation is not doing the experience justice. I think by mathematical, I mean that I see how everything impacts each other and connects - kind of like the butterfly effect, if that's even the right term for it. I build and anticipate systems and meta systems for how things work. Even things like philosophy, I think of in spatial dimensions - if that makes sense. I think in pictures and "movies" rather than verbal thought commands - and from a class I took once, I found out that wasn't really the norm, apparently.

And even with sound and music, I mentally construct images and movements of how I anticipate the song or piece will go (if I've never heard it before). It's always a game of anticipation, and I kind of wonder what the formula or the "system" of music entails. Kind of like the difference between graphite and diamond, so to is the difference between chaotic noise and what the ear would interpret as music. And of course it varies between cultures, but I always notice at least a semblance of consistency.

And similarly, I think of humanity as one giant science lab - to me, humans really are predictable and are there to be observed. When you break down all their seemingly complex behaviors, it comes down to simple patterns. And obviously that's nothing new, but it's my own mind's instinct.

I'm not doing a great job of explaining this, and I'm not even scratching the surface - but to put it simply, life to me is a pattern to figure out, organize and to anticipate - like a game of Chess with the strategies and the fundamentals that control the whole game.

So yeah, my mind is usually at least a few lightyears away from planet earth - until another person engages me. Then I completely shut that thought process out and focus on the "here and now," just because my own natural thoughts are just too strange to articulate, which I don't seem to be able to do anyway. Hell, I don't even do it online - as you can see, I'm no good with explaining my thoughts. I keep it all locked within myself - except with certain close friends who are also on the eccentric side. I find that I'm able to just effortlessly express my ideas to them in-person, for some reason.

I do love reading others' ideas on what makes life tick, but it's always awkward when I jump in, so I tend to just sit back and mentally compare my ideas to theirs, finding similarities, reconciling differences, or mentally debating them within myself.

So basically I'm either hyper and energetic in an "S" way with people, or my mind is racing while alone. If I'm not active physically/socially, I'm active mentally. I think it's why I get sick all the time, to be honest. (Like I am now) - I don't really ever just "chill" and veg out.

This really doesn't sound like INFJ. Very very T. Based on your description I'd hazard a guess at - well, any of the NT types actually. I'm leaning toward ENTP, especially taking into account what seems to be your social persona.

People are individuals and of course there will be a huge amount of variety within a type. But when people start saying something like "I'm an INFJ, but I'm just a totally different, out there INFJ, really not like any other INFJ I've encountered IRL or online" - then it may be time to ask yourself if you are, in fact, INFJ (or whatever type you're claiming).

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You smell of tertiary Fe..but you don't set off my notorious ENTP radar...

ESTP.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not to add on to the dog pile, but you sound a lot like my ESTP dance partner and roommate. Seriously.

Out of curiosity, what are your attitudes toward ISxJ men? :newwink:

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not to add on to the dog pile, but you sound a lot like my ESTP dance partner and roommate. Seriously.

Out of curiosity, what are your attitudes toward ISxJ men? :newwink:

I just love em!! Their senses of humor are TOTALLY underrated. I got one yesterday to fall on and knock over a magazine rack in laughter the other day - and this was just in line at the supermarket. Imagine taking them to the pub. :cheers:

Anyone who says ISxJs are boring/can't laugh clearly haven't spent more than 5 minutes with any of them (in person).

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just love em!! Their senses of humor are TOTALLY underrated. I got one yesterday to fall on and knock over a magazine rack in laughter the other day - and this was just in line at the supermarket. Imagine taking them to the pub. :cheers:

Anyone who says ISxJs are boring/can't laugh clearly haven't spent more than 5 minutes with any of them (in person).

:D

You my dear just made my evening :yes:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Their senses of humor are TOTALLY underrated.

Anyone who says ISxJs are boring/can't laugh clearly haven't spent more than 5 minutes alone with any of them.

this, with my bolded addition

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
RE: ESTP accusations

*bathes in Nix*

What. Do I have to do. To cure myself of ESTP?

The test results show that I indeed have high levels of E and T, but it's a false positive. I swear to god I'll wear a condom next time!!

Oh wait you wanted me to react.

then: :mellow:

Starry

RE: ESTP accusations

*bathes in Nix*

What. Do I have to do. To cure myself of ESTP?

The test results show that I indeed have high levels of E and T, but it's a false positive. I swear to god I'll wear a condom next time!!

Oh wait you wanted me to react.

then: :mellow:

Are you saying you test INFJ cockburn? On what tests?

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are you saying you test INFJ cockburn? On what tests?

I test ENTJ on just about every test, including being "professionally" diagnosed as that by an in-person practitioner (this was before I knew anything about MBTI - my class just required that.)

Usually 55-60% E and 90-100% T. :blink:

I am limbic on the Big 5 scale though. Sometimes I wonder if that's what makes me think I'm an F.