• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs and their blank stares

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It is, in fact, common to most humans in general.

well of course.. just like some people are never questioned about their 'blank' sort of mode; some people appear peaceful and daydreamy. Perhaps the situations and timing are relevant. /shrug

ChanceyRose

I have several varieties of Blank Stare.

• oblivious-what-did-you-say?
  • if-I-say-anything-it-will-start-an-argument-which-will-be-a-waste-of-my-time
  • i'm-thinking/i'm-sad (I've been told these two look the same.)
If you're close to me, emotionally, you can distinguish between them but otherwise they all look like I'm angry.

Owlesque

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

If you're close to me, emotionally, you can distinguish between them but otherwise they all look like I'm angry.

Likewise. It's my go-to expression of sorts...

sculpting

Look number Two drives me totally bonkers. It can be come across as very passive agressive and it drives me nuts as it implies that the intj has no investment in the outcome of the conversation, perhaps true, but depending upon the topic, that may not be okay.

But INTJs never seem angry to me with the blank stares. I work with a delightful intj who just stares and stares and stares. You could drown in those eyeballs. He is a little Ni sponge.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They may be processing something that has been presented in a way they don't normally think.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
All of my stares are Blank stares.

xpersephonex

I know this is old, but heck I suppose necrophilia is secretly my thing.

I was actually speaking to him about Lucid Dreaming and concluded from a website indicating that most of their posters were intjs (from Mbti tests they had taken) that there was a high probability of him being interested in the subjected.

On further thought, I think he's a sensor. Probably a depressed ISTJ.