• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

thoughts on the corona

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
i believe the reason people are so impacted by the so called corona because the corona virus burst their bubble or comfort zone. People for the past yrs have gotten too comfortable in this world. The reason that people don't want the corona virus because they realized they did nothing with their lives,they are not God and not even the government can protect and that they don't want to die. you shouldn't be that shocked with the corona, because there has been history of diseases throughout the earth from the bubonic plague to plagues on Egypt,to aids, probably more plagues and probably worse. we was told from the beginning of time this stuff was going to happen. How slow can we be ? That world of ours just got rocked and it is just the beginning

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Frankly, no. I'm most worried about people I am close to dying. I was already worried about that before this. And I shall continue to worry about it after this.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Frankly, no. I'm most worried about people I am close to dying. I was already worried about that before this. And I shall continue to worry about it after this.

But, I'll bet lots of people never thought about any of that until now.

á´…eparted

passages
My bubble has been burst so many times in my life that when the corona hit, the bubble(s) it would have been burst have been poked long ago. It's why experientially this hasn't really impacted me much at all.

It could though. If this causes me to lose housing, or there are food shortages, I'm toast. Those I won't survive, so there is still fear of those occuring.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As for me, my bubble burst a long time ago. I've been down the rabbit hole for quite some time.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I agree it absolutely took people out of their comfort zone. I hope that goes even further because going back to "normal" is out of the question.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But, I'll bet lots of people never thought about any of that until now.

I mean, I did worry anyway as the last "pandemic" known as the Swine flu took my ailing eldest brother. so as soon as this started circling I was kind of losing it. While most people around me felt I was crazy. but I suppose sometimes people need to "experience" it for themselves before caring or realizing the severity of things.

Even so I don't feel like I am capable of just...not caring. I've always cared way too much. I worry too much about how me having something could effect another person. I hope maybe a positive from this is people come together and really think about this more too.

Lark

i believe the reason people are so impacted by the so called corona because the corona virus burst their bubble or comfort zone. People for the past yrs have gotten too comfortable in this world. The reason that people don't want the corona virus because they realized they did nothing with their lives,they are not God and not even the government can protect and that they don't want to die. you shouldn't be that shocked with the corona, because there has been history of diseases throughout the earth from the bubonic plague to plagues on Egypt,to aids, probably more plagues and probably worse. we was told from the beginning of time this stuff was going to happen. How slow can we be ? That world of ours just got rocked and it is just the beginning

Why do you say "so called corona"?

Do you think it is wrong to seek comfort or to be comfortable? I do not know many people who think they are God, do you know people like that? What makes you say that?

People probably do over estimate the abilities of the civil authorities to fight pandemics.

In part at least I think what has frightened people is the extent to which unwise and self-serving officials have acted like pirates resulting in services being striped back and unable to fight disease (even cope with harsh weather) in the way they could have in the past. Combine that with the propagation of far right ideas and individualism and there is not even anything in the way of a spontaneous social order to cope with disaster in the absence of a decent response from the lawfully constituted authorities.

What do you mean about "it is just the beginning"?

Lark

I am very concerned by the extent to which there has been no out cry, media back lash or effective opposition to the how inadequate the response to COVID-19 has been.

In fact, its concerning the extent to which some of the politicians in the UK have permitted a higher body count than there had to be, its like governments are specializing in avoidable suffering or some kind of Freudian death drive and being explicit about it. That DOES concern me. Just as the online nazis and alt right talked a while back about a window during which they thought they could revive ideas long dead/socially unacceptable, I think politicians do that too. Its all a test. All the time. What is permissible now and how whipped have the electorate become?

So that's concerning, the lack of social conscience and spontaneous order I think is a problem too. Even if it was country clubs and college fraternities and nepotism conservatives and even libertarians used to have a conception of those things and they dont appear to anymore. So there's no stabilizers or compensatory mechanisms.

Its also concerning me the extent to which people are not getting their head around that. Any appreciation of the social nature of some problems, such as pandemics, seems to have disappeared. It was a feature of the anti-vaxxers and I'm only beginning to appreciate just how significant that whole carry on was/is.

With Trump's latest speech involving him going full Jonestown recommending the Kool Aid to his supporters I just dont know where the breaks are. Some frankly incredible mind f**king has seriously succeeded in undermining some of the principle super powers.

Lark

I agree it absolutely took people out of their comfort zone. I hope that goes even further because going back to "normal" is out of the question.

It depends what "normal" is, I guess.

I do think that it means the kinds of irresponsible, imbecilic and reckless elite cultures that have grown up are much, much more dangerous, and they seemed pretty dangerous as they where.

It really should call into question business culture, management culture, the bullying culture from top to bottom, all the city slacker stuff, the fish has been rotting from the head for a long, long time. Playing people off against one another for short term political gain, a meal ticket, tax break or some other sort of revenue. That really ought to stop too. Both the left and the right wing varieties of it. I know people will not agree but the carving up of the populace into aggrieved niches was never a good idea, I would hope that fact that pandemics could care less about identity politics will mean something.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am very concerned by the extent to which there has been no out cry, media back lash or effective opposition to the how inadequate the response to COVID-19 has been.

In fact, its concerning the extent to which some of the politicians in the UK have permitted a higher body count than there had to be, its like governments are specializing in avoidable suffering or some kind of Freudian death drive and being explicit about it. That DOES concern me. Just as the online nazis and alt right talked a while back about a window during which they thought they could revive ideas long dead/socially unacceptable, I think politicians do that too. Its all a test. All the time. What is permissible now and how whipped have the electorate become?

So that's concerning, the lack of social conscience and spontaneous order I think is a problem too. Even if it was country clubs and college fraternities and nepotism conservatives and even libertarians used to have a conception of those things and they dont appear to anymore. So there's no stabilizers or compensatory mechanisms.

Its also concerning me the extent to which people are not getting their head around that. Any appreciation of the social nature of some problems, such as pandemics, seems to have disappeared. It was a feature of the anti-vaxxers and I'm only beginning to appreciate just how significant that whole carry on was/is.

With Trump's latest speech involving him going full Jonestown recommending the Kool Aid to his supporters I just dont know where the breaks are. Some frankly incredible mind f**king has seriously succeeded in undermining some of the principle super powers.

Yes, I agree. Of course, there's some outcry at what's happening from a few people on television, from people I know personally, but the lack of outcry from people whose outcry could have more impact is greatly disappointing. There was an article going around with a title something like The Ultimate Gaslighting and it said prepare for it, it's coming...I expected it to be about how the response from leaders who have the power to actually change things should have been better, but instead it was about the evils of advertising. Which just felt like a stupid distraction.

Lark

Yes, I agree. Of course, there's some outcry at what's happening from a few people on television, from people I know personally, but the lack of outcry from people whose outcry could have more impact is greatly disappointing. There was an article going around with a title something like The Ultimate Gaslighting and it said prepare for it, it's coming...I expected it to be about how the response from leaders who have the power to actually change things should have been better, but instead it was about the evils of advertising. Which just felt like a stupid distraction.

Things could be different in future with this pandemic becoming "recent memory" but in some ways I'm not even sure about that.

Like there was Foot and Moth, SARS, Swine Flu, before Corona Virus/COVID-19. I also remember the board game Pandemic being stocked and on sale in my local book store for years before this outbreak. I also remember the same game being popular in coffee shops and bars when hipsters started to respond to games being kept in those places.

So I think its safe to assume a sort of familiarity with the idea of the dangers involved in pandemic.

However, what gets me is that there was not some kind of huge, multi-level response to this when the story/news broke.

I do understand that government has a serious/key role to play, business do not with to act in manners which will result in disadvantage or competitor advantage, loss of market share etc. but surely if airlines and other modes of transport decided to shut up shop then its almost as good as borders being closed or similar measures. There is has been a failure in political leadership but other sorts of leadership too.

I also think its proven the TOTAL failure of pluralist responses/policies which presuppose expertise or superiority of non-state actors/agencies, ie business leaders, business firms, NGOs, charities, subscription based clubs and societies, churches, personal responsibility etc. It should prove the total and utter bankruptcy of individualistic neo-liberalism as a panacea to social problems or safe guarding remedy for individuals, families and communities.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Why do you say "so called corona"?

Do you think it is wrong to seek comfort or to be comfortable? I do not know many people who think they are God, do you know people like that? What makes you say that?

People probably do over estimate the abilities of the civil authorities to fight pandemics.

In part at least I think what has frightened people is the extent to which unwise and self-serving officials have acted like pirates resulting in services being striped back and unable to fight disease (even cope with harsh weather) in the way they could have in the past. Combine that with the propagation of far right ideas and individualism and there is not even anything in the way of a spontaneous social order to cope with disaster in the absence of a decent response from the lawfully constituted authorities.

What do you mean about "it is just the beginning"?

I said so called corona is because it is the angel of death coming for certain people and when I mean it is just the beginning,it is going to get worse

Lark

I said so called corona is because it is the angel of death coming for certain people and when I mean it is just the beginning,it is going to get worse

I'm interested in what you're saying but it remains vague and I'm not sure if you are speaking literally or metaphorically.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There's always a new normal after an Earth-shattering thing. I don't see how this mini-apocalypse is going to be much different. What is supposed to change so much? There's a heck of a lot of balls up in the air right now. It's exciting, scary, and not a whole lot to go off of.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
I'm interested in what you're saying but it remains vague and I'm not sure if you are speaking literally or metaphorically.

It is literally going to get worse