• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
8:44 am

ExwzoZeWEAAjWyH

3:45pm

Exwzor7WEAY9A-Q

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
How much of a head of iceberg lettuce brain do you have to be to tell people your dad is wearing a wire on Twitter.com? Being true or not is totally incidental.

ExxE228WQAQQuaV

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
How much of a head of iceberg lettuce brain do you have to be to tell people your dad is wearing a wire on Twitter.com? Being true or not is totally incidental.

There is an easy fix for him altogether, based on this morning's news:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not purely political, but...we have public figures and politicians out here beefing with Lil Nas X...why? For twerking on Satan in a music video? If you're worried about the effect on *gasp* THE CHILDREEEEEEN, you could...you know...parent your own kids?

Looking at you, Kristi Noem. Like South Dakota doesn't have enough issues right now.

Update:
A judge ordered Lil Nas X's 'Satan shoe' maker to halt all orders, but they've reportedly already started shipping and the rapper is hosting a giveaway for the 666th pair

A court ordered MSCHF, the retail startup that made Lil Nas X's "Satan Shoe," to stop fulfilling orders immediately on Wednesday evening. Singer Lil Nas X and MSCHF collaborated on the shoe to promote his new music video "MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)," which uses imagery resembling heaven and hell. The shoe resembled Nike's Air Max 97, and MSCHF said it included one drop of human blood in the midsole...

MSCHF has already shipped orders on hundreds of shoes, according to the startup's lawyer said during a court hearing Thursday morning. The company shipped at least 200 pairs of Satan shoes before Nike filed a temporary restraining order... MSCHF argued the shoe was a work of art protected by the First Amendment, and the pairs were not meant to be worn. MSCHF was not a retail startup, the firm argued, but a "internet storytelling and art" company.

But pop star Miley Cyrus posted photos of herself wearing the shoes on Instagram earlier this week, with the caption "Can you see Satan?".

freaking Miley Cyrus :rofl1: our "impressionable youth"

(actually, she's not so young anymore)

Lark

I do think its going to be interesting in the future, I think the countries with the mightiest and best funded health services and infrastructure will be able to weather the climate change, weaponizing of weather and health/disease the best.

Future war is going to entirely involve disease, disruptions, devastating weather. When Marx said people fought for liberty, equality, fraternity and got infantry, cavalry, artillery he was right but the rapid changes of the present have made stockpiling big useless weapons and that type of war fighting totally obsolete. Governments, politicians and militarists are going to really slow to catch on I'm predicting.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I mean it’s pretty bad when even Alex Jones thinks your conspiracy theory is too out there.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I do think its going to be interesting in the future, I think the countries with the mightiest and best funded health services and infrastructure will be able to weather the climate change, weaponizing of weather and health/disease the best.

Future war is going to entirely involve disease, disruptions, devastating weather. When Marx said people fought for liberty, equality, fraternity and got infantry, cavalry, artillery he was right but the rapid changes of the present have made stockpiling big useless weapons and that type of war fighting totally obsolete. Governments, politicians and militarists are going to really slow to catch on I'm predicting.

Not really, since that kind of a war is pretty unselective. While with modern military technologies you can have surgical and instant precision. What isn't something to just throw away, especially since it causes way less collateral damage (what is often of vital importance). It is more like these two will go in parallel. Plus we should add disinformation campaigns and hacking into the whole mix.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We have a small community FB group. (Maybe 100-150 people?) It's a small neighborhood sandwiched between other neighborhoods with more crime, typically at most our neighborhood has a bike stolen unguarded out of a yard, occasionally there is a burglary on one of the most vulnerable streets, and we suspect that one or two locations have people selling drugs of some kind (in the fringe border).

Overall it's been decent but there's still a tendency to occasionally fly off the handle. Like, people reporting that a strange car was sitting on one of the side streets, so someone is going to investigate and everyone starts dissing on this car because suddenly it is obviously a threat to the community. Or a guy posting shootings from adjoining neighborhoods; shootings don't really happen in our neighborhood, I don't know why he is importing them into our group to get everyone stirred up. Or when the electrical service folks come through, someone posts a warning and then folks start posting nasty stuff about the rep and it sounds almost like there will be a lynching. Yes, those reps are kind of annoying, but typically the response is like a hopped-up immune system. There's occasional threads where people just get really worked up really fast. I've seen threads about a guy that walked through who "looked suspicious" without any real reason why.

It's been the big issue with Facebook. They just kind of allowed all these groups to start up, to get people on their platform so they could make advertising dollars off them; but never provided any oversight, training, best practices, or anything to help these groups monitor themselves; and in the process the platform became rife for misinformation while trying to claim that they had no culpability. Meanwhile, they shove all that off on well-meaning staff who start these groups, not realizing what a time sink it could end up being, and no kind of support or financial reimbursement offered for their time. Well, we all saw over the last few years where that got us as a country.

Lark

Not really, since that kind of a war is pretty unselective. While with modern military technologies you can have surgical and instant precision. What isn't something to just throw away, especially since it causes way less collateral damage (what is often of vital importance). It is more like these two will go in parallel. Plus we should add disinformation campaigns and hacking into the whole mix.

Disinformation and hacking is going to be a bigger thing in the future I think, along with the plausibly deniable bio-weapons campaigns and emp devices, all of which you can deny are actual aggressions.

Plus the big thing is weapons that will leave a territory intact while taking care of the suspect populations or enemy forces, basically the people. Even surgical or precision strike weapons are less favourable in those respects that climate weapons or disease.