• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Gratitude Thread

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Cozy blankets, honest conversations, jumper cables, strays.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For my mini French press. My 5yr old Keurig has stopped pumping water for some reason. I’m gonna need coffee in me to fix this thing. The K-cups dumped into the mini French press are still brewable that way, at least.

il_570xN.1330950969_g39h.jpg

:coffeeluv:
I have one of these at work - great for making just one cup of coffee, if the communal pot is empty, or the coffee in it unpalatable. We have a keurig, too, but I don't like to use those pods as they are (1) expensive, ane (2) environmentally unfriendly. You can get reusable filters for keurig-style machines, but the ones I bought don't seem to work well with our machine.

Yes, I'm one of those folks from whom you shouldn't expect much in the morning until I have had my coffee. Even then, that is pushing it. Come back after lunch for best results.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have one of these at work - great for making just one cup of coffee, if the communal pot is empty, or the coffee in it unpalatable. We have a keurig, too, but I don't like to use those pods as they are (1) expensive, ane (2) environmentally unfriendly. You can get reusable filters for keurig-style machines, but the ones I bought don't seem to work well with our machine.

Yeah, I prefer the old fashioned coffee makers, actually. I got this Keurig for free, so that’s the only reason I have it. If it’s actually dead for good, I’ll probably get a standard coffee maker with a pot. I’ve found those reusable K-cup filters really disappointing, as well. They make for a really watery, tasteless cup of ‘coffee.’

Hermit of the Forest

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah, I prefer the old fashioned coffee makers, actually. I got this Keurig for free, so that’s the only reason I have it. If it’s actually dead for good, I’ll probably get a standard coffee maker with a pot. I’ve found those reusable K-cup filters really disappointing, as well. They make for a really watery, tasteless cup of ‘coffee.’

Not sure what size you would be interested in, but this one works quite well. :)

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not sure what size you would be interested in, but this one works quite well. :)

Ah, the good ole standard Mr. Coffee. That’s exactly the kind I was looking at in the event this Keurig is dead for good. Cute little ‘hotel room’ 4 cupper.

Hermit of the Forest

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ah, the good ole standard Mr. Coffee. That’s exactly the kind I was looking at in the event this Keurig is dead for good. Cute little ‘hotel room’ 4 cupper.

Mine is very reliable and make all the pleasant gurgly brewing noises. And of course wonderful coffee smells. :coffeeluv:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mine is very reliable and make all the pleasant gurgly brewing noises. And of course wonderful coffee smells. :coffeeluv:

Those noises and smells say, “today will be good. Mr. Coffee promises you this.”

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hereabouts one can find that sort of thing for a few dollars in a thrift store.

Savers & Ocean State Job Lot are awesome for things like that in the northeast, ime. I get a lot of books at Savers, too.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For the good things that happened today. Good results, things to celebrate, caring kind friends.

I wish these people could really see how beautiful they are.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
For my mini French press. My 5yr old Keurig has stopped pumping water for some reason. I’m gonna need coffee in me to fix this thing. The K-cups dumped into the mini French press are still brewable that way, at least.

il_570xN.1330950969_g39h.jpg

:coffeeluv:

I prefer the French press - use it everyday. I'm like that about most things though... strip it back to the reliable basics... things that will still be functional when the fungal zombie apocalypse happens.

Don't judge my dreams.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh... I'm not grateful for shit right now and subsequently will never be happy. :happy2:

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
My numbers were so impressive today a full time manager tracked me down to tell me how impressive it was ^_^ #leadingthepack

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My numbers were so impressive today a full time manager tracked me down to tell me how impressive it was ^_^ #leadingthepack

That's wonderful! Congratulations! :hug:

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lovely humans and lovely felines and lovely canines.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
First world privileges and comforts. When everything just feels shit, it is the one thing I can certainly be grateful for. I was lucky to be born here.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
Today I was walking down the street with my friend, when she said "Yo, look at those two boys!" They were all happy, jumping in each other's arms, hugging, then lifting one another up and playfully kissing each other. They looked so happy, energetic and cute that even I for a second, felt warm.

Thanks to them boys for being so cute and open. People like them give me hope. You see couples walk down the street every minute of the day but they... They were just special.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For [MENTION=37565]Sung Jin-Woo[/MENTION]'s friendship. :D Friends who can have different opinions and still respect each other. :hug: