• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Toxic Feminism

When you think "feminism", what do you think of?

• Total voters

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Are the killings incidental to the suicide, or is the suicide incidental to the killings?

Since the killings seem to be the far more significant event objectively it would seem that the suicide is the incidental incident, but on a subjective level the killing of ones self is more significant than killing other people. So why the increasing trend in taking people with you before you go? What type of pain and misanthropy is this?

Starry

I have another question, why didn't mass shootings exist 20-30 years ago?

1991 can you math?

Anything earlier than that?

exactly there isn't.

jix I only mean to be helpful when saying you're not representing yourself or your man klan intelligently or honorably here. It makes you look like you are terribly untrustworthy when you change the rules of the game once someone meets you with 'checkmate.'

likewise...there's tons...I believe the first recorded in US history occurred in 1748. It's just that they didn't call them "shootings"...they called them "massacres". (and yes these were shootings using firearms).

jixmixfix

Permabanned
jix I only mean to be helpful when saying you're not representing yourself or your man klan intelligently or honorably here. It makes you look like you are terribly untrustworthy when you change the rules of the game once someone meets you with 'checkmate.'

likewise...there's tons...I believe the first recorded in US history occurred in 1748. It's just that they didn't call them "shootings"...they called them "massacres". (and yes these were shootings using firearms).

man klan? what the fuck is that? the point I was trying to make was the majority of mass shootings were a recent phenomenon. For example 6 out 10 occurred within the last 30 years.

Starry

man klan? what the fuck is that? the point I was trying to make was the majority of mass shootings were a recent phenomenon. For example 6 out 10 occurred within the last 30 years.

I didn't mean to be offensive but I'm now realizing I should have probably used a 'c' instead of a 'k' (I have learned from you in this thread how your views differ from MRA...but I don't imagine you are the only one of your kind).

Anyway, I don't think it is a recent phenomenon but that doesn't mean you can't find a way to blame feminism for the ones occurring after the turn of the century. I see you guys do this kind of thing all the time.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
A robust measure to increase the share of women in senior management is a good thing, if they can get the job done.

Diversity for diversity's sake is a preposterous concept. Your gender, ethnicity, patronym, religion, political views are not qualifications.

Quotas will prove nefarious in the long run. I don't subscribe to that psychosis. I don't mind having an all-women workforce if they have what it takes. Meritocracy is the law.

Welcome to how corporatism works.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I didn't mean to be offensive but I'm now realizing I should have probably used a 'c' instead of a 'k' (I have learned from you in this thread how your views differ from MRA...but I don't imagine you are the only one of your kind).

Anyway, I don't think it is a recent phenomenon but that doesn't mean you can't find a way to blame feminism for the ones occurring after the turn of the century. I see you guys do this kind of thing all the time.

I don't think it's just to blame something like a shooting on one sole purpose. There are many causes and many of them come together. Liberals as always will blame white men and guns, while conservatives will blame isis but the truth is much more objective than confirmation bias to ones ideology.

Starry

I don't think it's just to blame something like a shooting on one sole purpose. There are many causes and many of them come together. Liberals as always will blame white men and guns, while conservatives will blame isis but the truth is much more objective than confirmation bias to ones ideology.

Well, i guess I'm not a liberal or a conservative then because I blame none of those things.

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
If we make the same amount if money, why should men be assumed to pay for everything, when in reality, the pussy power women have isnt greatened or lessened by advant of "feminism".
Most feminists I know are the biggest freaks and usually bisexual. Im assuming a disproportionate amount of hormones due to our food and environment.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Radicals of any type can take a good thing and bend it out of shape till it is no longer recognisable.

Feminism on the other hand (omitting misandric radicals) is fundamental to achieving equality, or as close to it as we can get and has many benefits. Though perhaps having a completely intersexed human population or a non gendered population could also work. Diversity is fascinating though.

tony_goth

Pseudo-delusional Rebel
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
"please explain". OK.

I was told to explain, so I'll explain.

Basically, it's because men betrayed my trust more than women.

I am a feminist because of my subjective experience.

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You are certainly entitled to your opinions. No one can deny what you have personally seen and experienced, or how you feel when you hear about feminism, or meet a self-identified feminist. It would be silly for me to tell you that you are wrong. I will instead share what I see and experience.

When I think of feminism, I think of a couple grandmothers I know who threw their hearts and souls into campaigning for Barack Obama, in the hope that he would make a better world for their grandchildren and everyone else. I think of the instructors at the women's self-defense classes at my workplace, and the woman I met there who had already been a victim of sexual assault and was determined for it not to happen again. I think of my polyamorous friends, with whom I attended a recent Pride march, along with their husband and kids. I think of my STEM education colleagues, who provide female role models for young students, both boys and girls, so the idea that "girls can be anything they want" is more than just a theory.

The feminists I know are living feminism in their daily lives. Most are also promoting it in some broader sense, whether in their workplace, through political activity, or in a volunteer group. Yes, many people are more comfortable when women - like those who have to work twice as hard as a man for the same rewards - stay quiet about the bias that still affects them. I understand how speaking up can come at a high cost for such women. Pretending the problem doesn't exist, though, will not help to solve it.

:happy0065: Same here. You have taken the exact words out of my mouth.
The word "feminist" makes me proud, actually. This is because I know there is not just ONE way of being a feminist, but MANY. It is not a scary or daunting word. It just means, to me and my circle of friends / family, that we should strive to be equals...women have many strengths which balance out with those of the men in their families.
I think the problem is putting a label on gender itself. If we treated each other as equals, asexually, let's say, and just played to each individuals' strengths to vote and work as a society, we would be all the better for it.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Negative. Because it is not feminism. Feminism is about strong women and most of women are not strong, neither capable to be a warrior.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Negative. Because it is not feminism. Feminism is about strong women and most of women are not strong, neither capable to be a warrior.

I am fairly certain that the most of these would be able to fight you. (perhaps even without guns)

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7

Lol. I’m stringer han you could or most of your gender could ever hope to be.

Though I’d never refer to myself as such. It sounds a bit desperate.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

giphy.gif

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
I am fairly certain that the most of these would be able to fight you. (perhaps even without guns)

I am really annoyed how people who don't know anything about biology dare to claim their bs.
Yes women are strong but their power don't come from raw muscles but from their hearth and motherhood.

Second MOST IS NOT ALL. Don't generalize my words.