• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

You aren't an INFP.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
You think the N counterparts don't suffer either?

PEOPLE DON'T THINK I EXIST.

i don't think anything right now, so i can't think you exist or anyone on this forum, in fact i don't think this forum exists. it explains a lot.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think a lot of types can be pretty easily mistyped as INFP. People who dislike INFPs (usually ENTPs) like to throw it at everyone who shows any sign of having strong opinions/morals, and anyone who stands up to a group. This is especially true for ISFJs, because they can seem so similar to INFPs on the surface. They're both usually pretty quiet and passive, but have strong views/beliefs that are very difficult to change.

Honestly, the way I can usually tell is by a person's social tier (I'm in college so I can still do that). If a popular girl who clearly spends a lot of time on her appearance and is very charismatic is claiming to be an INFP, I know something is off. Is it offensive stereotyping? Absolutely. Does it work? Every damn time.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i don't think anything right now, so i can't think you exist or anyone on this forum, in fact i don't think this forum exists. it explains a lot.

Problem solved. :nice:

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I think a lot of types can be pretty easily mistyped as INFP. People who dislike INFPs (usually ENTPs) like to throw it at everyone who shows any sign of having strong opinions/morals, and anyone who stands up to a group. This is especially true for ISFJs, because they can seem so similar to INFPs on the surface. They're both usually pretty quiet and passive, but have strong views/beliefs that are very difficult to change.

Honestly, the way I can usually tell is by a person's social tier (I'm in college so I can still do that). If a popular girl who clearly spends a lot of time on her appearance and is very charismatic is claiming to be an INFP, I know something is off. Is it offensive stereotyping? Absolutely. Does it work? Every damn time.

What about the relatively unknown dork with graphic tees claiming to be ISFJ? Would you reverse it then?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think I vibe more as an ISTJ in person before I really get comfortable around people (which takes like 430 years). Don't really fit the warm/affectionate stereotypes at all, I vibe much more distant and aloof.

Don't really care about my appearance either. I cycle between the same 3 T-shirts it's embarrassing. I own like four different pairs of pants and they're almost all sweatpants. I have nice shirts and I never wear them cuz I'm a lazy fuck :cry:.

I'm also definitely low on the social tier if not rock bottom. Absolutely no friends at school, haven't made any since high school.

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
What about the relatively unknown dork with graphic tees claiming to be ISFJ? Would you reverse it then?

Well, any type can spend time on their appearances. And ENTJ can care about how she looks and even an ENTJ may not really be popular. Popularity or charisma has little to do with type on its own. An INFP can learn to be charismatic and be that way if they needed to be (for an Interview or something). I think asking this kind question is already faulty and haults deep thinking; it's just mindlessly assigning stereotypes to people based off of traditional high school concepts given to use from really horrible shows from the '70s and not building an understanding of a person's psychology.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Well, any type can spend time on their appearances. And ENTJ can care about how she looks and even an ENTJ may not really be popular. Popularity or charisma has nothing to do with type. An INFP can learn to be charismatic and be that way if they needed to be (for an Interview or something). I think asking this kind question is already faulty, it's just mindlessly assigning stereotypes to people based off of traditional high school concepts and not building an understanding of personality.

Yeah, I agree - I was mostly posing the question in a way that might express that, but I don't think I really accomplished the job. It was really closer to sarcasm.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

You remember SimulatedWorld, huh? :D

I was with you til the last bit. I clearly spend time on my appearance, although I couldn't be charismatic if I tried and perhaps even subconciously aim to repel people. So social tier theory in tact, although I garner admiration more than affection. Generally, I would say the average ISFJ is way more immediately affable, if they try. Although, I know they do not always feel that way.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I was with you til the last bit. I clearly spend time on my appearance, although I couldn't be charismatic if I tried and perhaps even subconciously aim to repel people. So social tier theory in tact, although I garner admiration more than affection. Generally, I would say the average ISFJ is way more immediately affable, if they try. Although, I know they do not always feel that way.

While I certainly don't feel very charismatic, I can certainly "turn it on" when I need to be. Presentations terrify me to my core, but according to my peers I'm really great at presenting. I've had multiple classes in college that required extensive feedback. I was told things like I'm very good at projecting my voice, funny, good pacing, etc. It certainly feels like I'm turning on some sort of "Fe switch" that is otherwise unnatural to me.

I would rather have affection than admiration because I'm selfish and want people to like me. :blush:

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] The Fe switch is so real.

Also, affection >>>> admiration, I agree.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
While I certainly don't feel very charismatic, I can certainly "turn it on" when I need to be. Presentations terrify me to my core, but according to my peers I'm really great at presenting. I've had multiple classes in college that required extensive feedback. I was told things like I'm very good at projecting my voice, funny, good pacing, etc. It certainly feels like I'm turning on some sort of "Fe switch" that is otherwise unnatural to me.

I would rather have affection than admiration because I'm selfish and want people to like me. :blush:

Ok [MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] Im thinking you're a 6 not just because only this but a few other things too.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ok [MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] Im thinking you're a 6 not just because only this but a few other things too.

You can't just say that and then not say why :cry::cry::cry:

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I'd be more likely to be ISTJ than ISFJ though.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
You know what I like? I like the period at the end of the sentence, "You aren't an INFP." Yes, I do like the period there. It's like saying, "You aren't an INFP, period." Has a particular air of finality, that.