• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who am I, Hedwig? What am I?

isang

e8f49350-3f96-0133-9d44-0af7184f89fb.gif
tumblr_ltqsay95v11qb0zfoo2_250.gif

Hey, guys. I'm not new to MBTI, but I'm trying to view myself in a new light because I've come to terms with the fact that I may have been mistyping myself for the past several years. I'm a much healthier, more mature person than I was before, and I'd like to see if perhaps I can now assess my type more accurately.

I decided to do this questionnaire because I've never seen it before and it seemed fun. I'm going to try to write more stream-of-conscious than how I would actually speak to another person, so it may seem a bit erratic or strange, but I figure that will give an accurate image of myself and what goes on in my head. Here goes something!

What's your type?
That's what I'm trying to figure out, isn't it!

What colour do you like?
I don't like how this question asks what color, singular, because I like many colors. In fact, I'd say I like most colors. My favorite color is maroon, kind of this shade:
mklightmaroondoc107.jpg

Because it's classy, timeless, beautiful, and autumnal. Reminds me of good things, like the way burning wood (as in making an intentional fire) smells in cold weather. But I like other colors, too. Pink is nice in most shades, as is purple, and I like this color of blue:
royal.jpg

It's vibrant and fun and, for some reason, makes me think of the Northern Lights a bit. I've never seen the Northern Lights, but, you know, in pictures.

What is your favourite personality?

I don't really have one, but I'm drawn to people who are intelligent, talented, passionate, and confident. I envy those people, and I want to surround myself with them, and I think that's a pretty sexy kind of personality. I tend to be attracted to more introverted, brooding types of people, but I can really get along with people who possess most kinds of personalities, as long as they aren't complete bigots.

Where can you find clams?

By the sea! In the sea! In restaurants, but that makes me sad because I'm a vegetarian. Stupid question, but now that I think about it, are clams animals, or are they a descriptor for the shell? Or is that perhaps a 'clamshell'?
I've looked it up and clams are, indeed, animals. And I am, indeed, stupid.
You can also find clams in humans (not in the dirty way), when their hands are clammy. Although I wonder what the etymology of that term is - for the longest time, I thought clammy hands meant dry, stiff hands, when in fact it means the opposite.
Or you can find clams in humans when they've eaten them. Or other animals who prey on mollusks.

Are you fascinated by wooden planks?
Yes. Perhaps not all the time, while walking past them, but sometimes they do catch my attention. I wonder: who made this plank? What is their story? Who has inhabited this plank before: ants, termites, other creatures...? It's fascinating, to me, how something as simple as one single wooden plank can serve so many different functions depending on who's using it. To a human being, it's just one small plank that you step over and don't give any more thought to. To bacteria, it's their entire universe. If you think about it, our galaxy is probably only as relevant to the universe as a single wooden plank.

Do people make you fascinated by boats?
Well, I wouldn't say just people, but since people make boats, I guess there's no way to get away from the fact that people get me interested in them. Boats are interesting. I don't really understand how they work, nor planes, nor most things. But if someone sat me down and explained how boats work, I wouldn't object to that, either, because what is the purpose of life if not the pursuit of knowledge?
I've only been on boats once or twice, though. I'd hate to be on a cruise ship because sicknesses spread so easily within them, and I'd feel so trapped. But overall, boats are cool, and they do good things, like saving people who need to be rescued, for example.

Does the number 9 resemble the number 6?
Yes. As we all know, 9 is 6 upside down, and/or vice versa. They also fit into each other, like yin and yang. And, of course, there is 69ing, the sexual position. Additionally, the Enneagram type 9 can resemble type 6, too, from what I understand, especially in surface ways as they're often two of the friendliest types and are 2/3 of the main triad (369). However, I wonder why the person who made this questionnaire didn't ask if 6 resembles 9, too.

How are elastic bands made?
I have no practical idea. I would say elastic bands are made like anything else is made; somebody gets an idea and then creates it. Is that a bullshit answer?
Do Brits call 'rubber bands' 'elastic bands'?

Do you step on the floor tiles only being able to step on the one's that fit into the pattern in your mind?
Not all the time, but sometimes, yes! I might make myself step on only the ones of the same color, or some arbitrary pattern. I've always attributed to a potential anxiety disorder, but I can say that it is something I do.

Do you take your finger and make sure it does not meet a lamp post and only go over it using your field of vision as the picture?
I see what you're doing here - trying to throw off the sensors ;) I daresay that might be a bit superficial.
I think this is a nonsensical sentence, but maybe that's because I've never done it before! Maybe there are people who do do that, and it makes plenty of sense to them, whereas it doesn't make sense to me because I've never experienced it. Just like "Ask Siri to text Jessica that I'm taking the Uber to the Internet Cafe" wouldn't have made sense 100 years ago. Perhaps that's a stretch, though.
So, short answer: no.

If you put a pig in an airplane does that mean that pigs can fly?
No, because the airplane might be on the ground and not moving at all! The pig can only fly if the airplane takes off into flight.

Did you ever remember the 5th of November?
What is this from again, V for Vendetta? I used to have a bunch of dude friends who would go around every November 5th saying that to anyone who would listen. It got pretty annoying, after a while.

Now that I've finished that questionnaire, it has occurred to me that it didn't really address all dimensions of the cognitive functions. I'd do another one, but I'm lazy.
Also, I just noticed that it was for video challenges only. Oops. I've never quite paid attention to detail.

Give me your answers, and feel free to ask me additional questions if anything isn't clear to you! Oh, and please give reasons when you suggest a type -- just throwing out four letters at me isn't really meaningful, and I'd like to use MBTI to understand myself better, not just to have a label ;)

Thanks in advance!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There isn't really much about you as a person, at all in what you've answered is the problem. For whatever reason I get an Ne lead feeling, potentially ENTP.

isang

There isn't really much about you as a person, at all in what you've answered is the problem. For whatever reason I get an Ne lead feeling, potentially ENTP.

Cool. Thanks for the feedback. Here's another questionnaire, does this one help?

1-what makes you angry?
Lots of things make me angry. Here's a list of some of the most consistently infuriating things:

1. Prejudiced/bigoted people. There is absolutely no reason to discriminate against people for their race, class, gender, sex, sexuality, nationality, et cetera...I lose almost all my respect for people when they display any significant form of discrimination. Ignorance and the willingness to learn, I can deal with. But if you're set in your biased, unfair ways, I just can't bring myself to be kind to you.

2. People who are totally irrational and act based on their own feelings. As in, people who think their feelings justify their nonsensical actions, and often end up being selfish because of it.

3. People who are totally cold and unfeeling. When people put on this front of being almost inhumanly cold, I think they're full of shit and need to grow up. I much prefer people who strike a balance between sensitivity and rationality.

4. Those who kick others when they're down.

5. People who can't admit when they're wrong.

2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
This is such a broad question, it's hard to answer. I generally like people who are intelligent, talented, passionate, and confident, but who are also kind and don't take themselves too seriously. I think I answered what I dislike in my previous response.

3-do you like animals? why?
I love animals! Though I'm not quite as staunch about animal rights as I am about human rights, I do believe that animals need to be treated well too and I'm a vegetarian (I want to go vegan at some point, but being vegan makes everything a lot more complicated). Cats are my favorite animal, but I just really appreciate animals in general.

4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
This is another very broad question, but I appreciate that I have people who are there for me when I'm feeling shitty. I am very much the kind of person who needs other people to help me figure out what to do when I can't make decisions, and I don't know where I'd be without people who can help me do that. Likewise, I really enjoy having people to do things with. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem being alone - in fact, I really enjoy and treasure my alone time because I feel the most comfortable by myself - but I also really enjoy going out with my friends and making new ones. I can get lonely if I don't have anyone to do anything with.

5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
I like the fact that I'm intelligent, nonjudgmental, funny, fun to be around, and that I have an interesting past and an understanding perspective because of it. I dislike my emotional aloofness, my pride, my superiority/inferiority complex, and how I tend to make a big deal out of very minor things when left to my own devices.

6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
Definitely. Fashion is one of my pastimes because I'm very into aesthetics in general - I like having nice things to look at - and I think the way one looks says a lot about them as a person. Also, I have a huge complex about how attractive I am, and dressing nicely makes me feel better looking.

7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
I prefer to stand out in a positive way. I don't like feeling forgettable, but I also don't want to be disliked. I'd rather blend in than be disliked, but I'd rather stand out in a good way than blend in.

8-what activities do you enjoy?
All kinds of things. My biggest hobby is music, but I'm studying linguistics. Learning languages is another big hobby of mine, and I like dancing and theatre, too. Obviously, psychology is another pastime of mine.

9-what makes you feel secure?
Having a support system of people I can rely on if I ever feel lonely or confused. Being praised and having my positive attributes reinforced. Also, alone time in general.

10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
I've only been in one relationship, and I didn't like it because I'm not a very romantic person (sometimes I wonder if I might be aro). However, with the right person, I might be okay with it. I just don't like feeling stifled or limited in the people I can be with, especially since I'm young.

11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
My dad (he's the strongest, smartest person I know). My friends (they're there for me when I'm in need and vice versa). Music (of all sorts). Traveling (especially abroad). Languages. Having free time.

12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
Anything and everything. I tend to have a lot of random thoughts about things. I think about myself a lot, and other people, and my interests. I think about why I'm alive, and what my future will be like, and what Drake is doing right now.

13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?
I was pretty prejudiced as a kid because of the things I grew up thinking. As I got older, I realized why being prejudiced is wrong and now social activism is extremely important to me. Also, I was a spoiled kid and then I experienced poverty and now I have more perspective than I did before.

isang

(Oh good, it only took me a month...)

What makes you say that? I agree, I suspect Ne-dominance, but I have a lot of difficulty distinguishing between Ne and Ni sometimes. Also, I see a lot of Fi in myself, but also some Fe, and I'm not sure about Ti/Te. Basically, all I know is that I'm an intuitive type, but not much else.