• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my judging functions? (T/F)

mez

I am kind of 90% certain that I'm a Ti/Fe user, but I could be incredibly wrong due to personal bias. Also, I don't know what's stronger in me: my T or my F?

So, over the past few weeks I have been purposefully trying to observe how my F functions, what kind of responses it causes me to make when I encounter specific situations. I'll post some of them, and let you do the judging.

1. A person says something made him cringe very hard. (even if he's not cringing at me but at someone else)
My mental response: "Why is this making you cringe? What's wrong with it? It doesn't make me cringe! Wtf?! There's literally nothing to cringe about. Do you think you have the right to determine what's cringe-worthy? Do you consider yourself to be special? Goddammit, some people are so full of themselves... thinking they can determine what's good and what's bad, just like that."
If he cringes at another person, I will quickly jump to protect/defend that person.
(note: I cringe extremely rarely, or almost never. So I find it weird why so many people feel the need to cringe, cuz I certainly don't.)

2. A person gives an excessive display of affection to the audience, saying "I love you all, thank you so much, [etc.]" and the crowd cheers.
My mental response: My mind instantly picks up subtle signs in how the person looks, talks, walks, and calculates all those variables into: "His display of affection looks so damn fake! Why can't they see that he's faking it? Do they really care more about wallowing in his compliments, rather than caring about his feelings being genuine? I mean, maybe his feelings really are genuine and I'm just super shit at determining emotional authenticity in other people, but for as far as my brain can see, he's being super fake right now. Why are these idiots so blind? Or do they see it too, but just don't care?" :shrug:

3. Conversation:
Guy: "Haha, just kidding, I'm not an asshole."
Girl: "I know you're not. If you would be an asshole I wouldn't be talking to you right now."
My mental response: "What is this circle-jerk I'm witnessing right now? First of all, if you're really not an asshole, then you shouldn't tell people that you're not. You should show it. Saying that you're not an asshole is actually a pretty asshole thing to do. Words mean absolutely nothing in this situation. It's like saying you're an innocent holy creature. And what the fuck is up with the girl? She wouldn't talk to an asshole? Give me a break! You are all such special snowflakes, aren't you... Everyone deserves to be talked to. I mean, come on. 'Asshole' is such a subjective label to begin with."

4. Someone approaches me and asks me for help.
My mental response: I will become extremely excited about helping another person out, along the lines of: "Oh my gosh, yes! Finally, someone needs me!". I'll dash into action, and spend hours, days, weeks helping that person out even if it kills me. Generally, I really enjoy being asked for help, and giving it my all to do my best to help. It's kinda like a dangerous drug for me.

5. Someone struggles with some task or problem in my presence, but doesn't ask for my help.
My mental response: "Goddammit it, just ask me for help already! Ask me! All it takes is to just say 2 words! And I'll solve all of your problems! ASK ME!"
I'll genuinely spend a lot of time just waiting for the person to request my assistance. But if, in the end, he doesn't ask for my help, I probably won't help him. I'll end up seeing him as too stubborn. I somewhat see requesting and giving assistance as an important "transaction" - he/she has to say the magic words, the words is all I'm asking for, and I'll help entirely for free. Just say the damn words!

6. A group of people slanders/attacks a single person, for whatever reason. Let's say, there's an established group, and a new person tries to join in. But the group decided that newcomer is "too weird", or "too rude", or "too stupid", or "too inappropriate", and therefore decided to treat him as an outcast.
My mental response: I will almost always jump to that person's aid, take his side, and pit myself against the group, for the sake of defending the person I barely even know. I think the main reason for this, is that I perceive all instances of "collective judgement" as a form of "bullying", even if the group's judgement was actually very correct. I will choose to distrust the group, think they're being too elitist or too exclusive, that their group micro-climate and rules/values are blinding them, and I'll sacrifice my own good-standing within the group just to balance out the scales and give the outcast some support, even if it may prove to be ultimately pointless in the end.

7. Someone says he dislikes me, considers me stupid, immature, ill-mannered, cold-hearted, an asshole, etc.
My mental response: "Ah, but... you really think that? Eh... okay. :mellow: All these years I didn't think I'm as bad as you say I am. But then again, I can't really know for sure. I don't trust my ability to determine how good or bad I truly am. So maybe everything you're saying is true, and I was wrong about myself all this time... Well, either way, there's no point crying over spilled milk now. If you genuinely think that I'm this bad, then I probably am. And I don't want you to waste any effort on me. I mean, it would be very selfish on my part to ask you to waste time on someone as horrible as me. I'm probably not worth it anyway. It's probably for the better if we stop talking/meeting. I'm probably a complete shit. And now that you've told me about it, I'm kind of starting to see it. Yeah, I'm horrible. No hurt feelings by the way. I don't deserve to feel hurt, if I'm the one hurting others." :shrug:
^ the above is my inner dialogue, which is completely genuine. There's no sarcasm in it, because I do ultimately view other people's opinion of me as more true than my own opinion of me. So if they decide I'm horrible, then I genuinely believe that I'm horrible.

8. Someone asks me to do a test, in which I must rate my own skills/talent/experience/expertise/ect.
My mental response: No matter what I may say about myself in public, when it comes to serious self-assessments, I will always under-value and underestimate myself. My thought process is always: "There's definitely better people than me in this. Heck, probably even everyone on the planet is better at this than me. So it'd be outright lying by giving myself a high score. So I'll rate myself as low as I can, but not ridiculously low, because a ridiculously low self-rating would make it seem like I'm making a mockery of this assessment."

9. New people appear in my life, some potential new friends, some potential new love interests.
My mental response: On a subconscious level, I somehow very quickly make very accurate assessments of what each person represents, whether I'd be able to build/maintain a good relationship with him or not. I've noticed that in about 95% of all cases, the very first impression I get about any person whatsoever (during the very first few minutes of our first meeting) - tends to be absolutely accurate. So in other words, I can instantly say: "This person is deceitful", "This person is unreliable", "This person is an egoist", "This person is too fragile", "This person is too sensitive", "This person is quite strong mentally/emotionally", "This person is genuinely kind and supportive", "This person secretive", etc.
I don't make any conscious logical assessments for each person to draw that conclusion. My brain just instantly determines what to expect from every person, and tends to be extremely correct in the long-run. If I however attempt to cast doubt on my intuitive assessments, and apply logic to re-asses them, I'll end up building an extremely false picture of the person, thus shooting myself in the foot, and later realizing that I should have trusted my intuition all along.
I tend to become extremely attached to and protective of the people I intuitively determine as "kind" and "innocent"

10. When a person asks me to determine what's the cause of his relationship problems, or other emotional problems.
My mental response: For some reason, I always tend to be able to objectively approach the relationship/emotional troubles of another person, go into extreme detail, and establish a complex step-by-step schematic, to explain why the person is feeling this way or why he's having X problems in his relationships. I don't know if my assessments tend to be accurate or ultimately false, but what I know is that people always tell me my advice is very sophisticated and insightful, and are extremely grateful for it, always coming back for more, and more, and more. And I find it enjoyable to think about those things and share my findings.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ti/Fe. So much Ti that my Fi wanted to curl up into a ball and wither away.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ti and then Fe. Definitely see both. String Ti is a good thing, I'm not sure how to react to it at times (which you think I would since I was raised by a Ti-dom father, but to be fair neither he nor me ESFJ mother know what've to make of an ENFP daughter at times). But I think the world needs more Ti logic

Turi

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Considering the amount of threads you've made about your type - I'd bet money against you being a Ti or Fi dominant.
You don't know who the shit you are, if you did, you wouldn't create infinite threads.
Fi and Ti are very much tied to your identity - 'actual' Fi and Ti dominants know damn well who they are - the people who do what you're doing and have been doing for months now - not so much.

I have suggested ISTP for you in the past, but in light of this information - and the pattern that emerges - it's plain as day you're not a Ti or an Fi dominant.
The pattern suggests one of these is actually your inferior function - Achilles Heel - weak spot.

I'm shifting back to my ESTJ typing suggestion for you - if you'll recall - I suggested it a long time ago as TeSi was the best fit - now that I understand more about the temperaments, I believe ExxJ is the best fit for you, and you already know my thoughts re: TeSi as well as the ST temperament for you.

ESTJ has all the pieces fall into place, and makes the most sense considering the pattern that's being brought to light by your immense amount of threads pertaining to your type.

Again, I'm shifting my suggestion from ISTP to ESTJ (which iirc it was before ISTP, might have been ISTJ, can't remember, but you're an ExxJ - so, ESTJ).
I'd like to note that although there is literally no abstractions, no intuition whatsoever on display here (or in his other posts) - this post shouldn't be viewed in isolation - mez has a history of making these kinds of soul-searching posts and to me, the overarching pattern indicates someone who doesn't really know themselves very well, and is hoping to gain insight into this from others (us forumites).
I believe this search for identity is his Achilles Heel - not the inability to see what's coming, or a fear of chaos/too many possibilities etc - i.e inferior Ni or Ne - so, although he lacks N, neither Ne nor Ni fit as his inferior function (imo).

This video might be useful:
YouTube

As might this:
YouTube

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I read a great deal of Fe in the responses. You are describing external, often social scenarios of a subjective nature that require your judgment and resolution. I don't know anything about you except the OP which reads as Fe-dom to me. fwiw, I could be wrong.