• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what type/enneagram am i?

nephilete

MBTI Type
xxFx
Enneagram
XwX
i am a female, currently 19. it might be relevant to say that i do get socially anxious (haven't been diagnosed, neither evaluated) and am an HSP (which takes Depth of processing, Overstimulation, Emotional responsiveness/Empathy, Sensitivity to sensory stimuli into account). i am currently studying Languages and Cultures, which i enjoy as it allows me to learn and understand more about others and the way they view the worlds, which is often displayed in language. my dream job would be to work with a humanitarian foundation, but i gather i'll become a translator from home.

regarding the Judging functions: i find myself to have a considerable preference over Feeling, rather than Thinking.

- i'm naturally more intune with others' feelings, as it is easier for me to discern their nature, rather than my own. (i also tend to ignore my own feelings as the intensity of them overwhelm me...)

- i'm easily considered the mediator of my friend groups and family, as i often stand neutral, being able to see the different perspectives and understand where they're coming from. this has gotten me in trouble, as i wouldn't stand on somebody's side as wanted -- now, i tend to just do as is pleased and stand in my friends' side, although i can understand (perhaps agree as well) the opposite.

- i tend to be very neutral and impartial when stating an argument/decision, even if i was lead by more emotional reasonings. i find that the more personal one gets the more impratical and flawed an argument/decision can be.
- as an example; when preparing to a debate, even having personally experienced one of the arguments, i'd prioritize a communities' experience.

- due to seeing multiple pros & cons, i tend to be very slow to decision making and quite indecisive, as i can overthink each trait. i often opt to go with what others' had suggested.

- i'm very sensitive to negative feelings. while they don't affect me directly -- i don't seemingly look sad -- i fall into indulgent patterns. i resort to feel good activities; such as watching my favorite movies/tv shows, eating my favorite foods, buying myself unecessary items. it doesn't bring me fulfilment but it distracts me to the point of bliss.

- i tend to self-pity. i'm not really the type to go "this was my fault" but rather justify my actions. while i can still be very strict on myself, in critical situations i justify all my indulgent acts with "i deserve this" and some 'logical' reasoning i come up with in the moment.

- when going through a stressful moment i also tend to get extra cynical and condescending. as i often got through how options can or not work, it irritates to me to be suggested options i already disregarded.

- i find that i need harmony and balance amongst my peers to be comfortable. any sort of tension is extremely concerning to me, making me dwell on how i can aliviate it. if this tension is towards me... i have an extremely hard time having people not like me, and often feel it affects my own self-worth as i can blame it in my social skills, or lack thereof. i feel a lot of pressure to fit in and belong, which makes me mask a lot of my behaviors and mirror most of my values.
- regarding belonging, i've always felt a sense of not feeling so. not as if people saw me for what i wasn't, but simply didn't see or understand me.

- when it comes to values, i find that mine are personal but not individualistic, if that makes sense. they hold personal meaning and importance to myself but are not built on personal experience. i'm not very opinionated, unless i feel as if someone's values are disruptive to a community. but i'm more likely to be the "let's respect each other and find similarities rather than differences" type. while i believe that differences are what make us unique, i think that holding onto our similarities is what builds/strengthens relationships.
to a more detailed Thinking description:

- while i do respect facts, being logical and rational, i find that in most situations those aren't to be prioritized over one's sense.
- taking into account the use of pronouns. i don't mean to stand any position or invalidate any point. while it biologically be incorrect to refer to one as a woman while it has a male reproductive system, i would prioritize what the person in account would want to be addressed as. (not to say a Thinker wouldn't have done so, but this is generally how i perceive things. there are facts and data, but they aren't what matters most.)

- i'm not comfortable making fast decisions, as i prefer to analyse, build structures of patterns and from there decide. this often results in me getting carried away, perhaps being quite confusing and unable to express my thought process. i can also have misunderstandings of facts and having a flawed thought process. due to this, i often rely on validation and affirmation of my thinking.
regarding the Perceiving functions: i'd consider that i am an Introverted Perceiver, as i rely on my knowledge of things and further perfect it before sharing it with the external world. analyse, ponder, dwell, reflet and then, maybe... act.

- i always look for the meaning and significance of a happenning. this makes me have theories and concepts/patterns, 'deep' thoughts and existencial crisis every other day. it's automatic for me to find a meaning to things. my concepts/theories/patterns are often narrowing to one universal understanding, rather than expanding into different options. while i don't arrive to one, i'll most likely not stop dwelling on it.
- in addition, i often do so with people, trying to figure out the intentions behind their actions.

- i build a notion of things, therefore finding a consistency to how things perform, people think, events play out. i don't actually keep track of this, having considered it by having felt as if things aren't turning out how i'd concluded they would. the notions most likely being flawed as i often build specific ideas of how things are, rather than how they are.

- i often reject new information (or simply don't notice it), specially if it will impact a change on a concept i've defined. this is often due to simply not wanting to be bothered, as i would need to actually consider all data and senses. (this doesn't mean i completely disregard facts, but i often choose my understanding of it.) and due to the fact that i'm quite adversed of changes, uncertainty of the future (resulting in not even enjoying the present thinking about the future) and feel quite overwhelmed by them.
- when i feel uncertain about the future, i can fall into a pattern of nothing matters, people are shallow and superficial, the sun will explode and earth will inevitably die. it's very hard for me to follow a long term path without a life philosophy and greater purpose supporting it.

- but then again, it's very hard for me to actually conclude things as i endlessly consider the perspectives, seeing what the ideal situation/state would be and how to reach it.

- i'm not very good with the past, as in; i don't hold on to it. i only retain truly meaningful memories and even those are more vague to what they meant as a whole, rather than all the quirks about it. i often find myself thinking "what comes after this" and generally answering all together.

- while i've never experienced a fair, i can easily visualize how it'd be and trace a path all in my head. i don't really need, neither do i rely, on experience to understand something. in short; i have a big imagination.

- i'm often in my head, therefore can be distant and disconnected. it's very fulfilling for me when i'm completely intune with what's going on (usually having someone explain it to me). once i'm past the issue of understanding what's happening, i dive into understanding why. which leads to the issue of people not knowing where i'm coming from and having difficulty explaining it and being 'trusted'. often people think my theories are unrealistic as they can lack data to back it up, and i don't blame them.

- i also find that i have a hard time absorbing subjects that don't hold any significance to me. while i enjoy learning, i find hard to do so when a concept doesn't make sense to me. novelty doesn't energize me, but rather overwhelm me.

- i would consider these my most defining traits, as they play into my detached self. often putting myself apart from situtations, as if i live in my head and go autopilot with my body. a lot of times i say/do things that i don't even process. i've often been read as unreacheable, hard to read or arrogant and uptight as i don't like to open up, have a hard time explaining myself (therefore overexplaining) and hate to engage in meaningless talks and relationships. (started working on not asking "why are we here" in first interactions). i can also simply disconnect with someone and never reach out again, as well as have a hard time keeping constant connection with people -- i prefer penpalling, as all information comes in floads of meaningful stories. i also have a hard time with innadecuacy as i often feel less funny, less charismatic, less interesting than most people which results in being standoffish. i'm trusted, mostly due to the fact that 'i don't care' and am often the person people come vent to, while i highly empathize with people, you cry i cry, i have a hard time getting myself help and comfort them with actions, unless i'm told exactly what they want me to do -- not that i don't know, but prefer not to act on it. conflicting.

thank you for reading this far!

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
9 is highly likely.

nephilete

MBTI Type
xxFx
Enneagram
XwX
[MENTION=35566]Luminous[/MENTION] thank you for the feedback! i originally got 9w1 in tests, actually.