• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What it be? Can you help me?

Dimwittian

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't want to initially sway opinion one way or the other, so I won't specify what type I THINK I am right off the bat. I'll just say that I think I'm one type, but I've been constantly obsessing over exploring other possibilities because I can't find any definitive proof that I am the type I think I might be. I found some questions posted by another user (sorry, can't find the username again) and I'll post them as a starter. I greatly appreciate any help!

How do you respond to clingy people?
It depends on the situation. If I like having them around, I'm fine letting them be clingy and just telling them when I need space. In fact it makes me feel kind of powerful and attractive when someone clings on to me like that. If I don't like having the person around, I tend to feel really bad about having to tell them that and might stagnate but eventually I cut them loose.

Would you consider living in the nude for a period of time (a month)?
lol no

When you are romantically interested in an individual, how do you generally act (shy, outgoing, annoying, etc.)?
It depends on the situation. If I'm romantically interested but the person doesn't show interest in me, I'll think about different ways I could approach them and run many situations through my head, but ultimately I never do unless I see the perfect opportunity. If the person also shows interest in me, I tend to act very calm and reserved around them.

Name a city that best represents your personality.
huh?

What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Everything. I can never pin my personality down to being one thing - only THIS thing or only THIS thing. I see way too many things I could be.

What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I yearn to live in an environment where I am 100% free to be myself and do what I like everyday, where I feel no pressure whatsoever to conform to other people's standards and my natural talents are recognized and appreciated. Completely unrealistic and probably generic, I know, but it's what I find myself yearning for most often.

Being a God would be nice too. Just saying.

What makes you feel inferior?
I'm not sure. I always find a way to feel at least not inferior, even if I have to convince myself of it.

How organized do you think of yourself as?
I can't stand a really messy room. It irks me to no end. Mentally, I'm always thinking of what I need to do on 'x' day, but this may just be because I'm a college student and it's currently a necessity.

You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I don't really identify with either of these. I find harmony within myself by forcing myself to feel something (listening to music, etc) and by calming myself down. I'm sympathetic to others in a group and want them to be happy, and I like having their support due to me helping them feel included, but I can't say I find harmony in it. I also can't really say I believe in anything morally on an intellectual level, but on a feeling level I do. I still don't find harmony by just being myself, though.

Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking?
It depends on the day and topic, but more often I believe I think before I speak.

Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I feel more comfortable in group discussions. One-on-one communications can be great depending on the person, but generally it feels too intimate for me.

Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping?
Oh god no. I think everything through before I take action.

Does action speaks more than words?
Absolutely.

It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
This would never happen. I don't have friends like this.

How do you act when you're stressed out?
My emotions become compromised. I get pissed off at the situation and curse what's going on while simultaneously taking steps towards resolving the problem. The steps happen slowly because of my compromised emotions though.

What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I don't like people who are emotionally disingenuous. I can sniff them out easily.

Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I can't think of any.

How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
I honestly have no good idea about how people perceive me. I've been told that I'm very cool, calm, and collective. On the inside my mind is more often frazzled though unless I make a concrete and constant effort towards calming it. I don't know what my friends wouldn't say.

You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
It completely depends on the day. I might spend all day on the computer. I might obsess over some topic I'm currently interested in. It depends.

What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
I don't know. By what scale? I tend to view life as the constant process of refining myself and growing stronger. Every day is the greatest accomplishment of my life, because the day before it I wasn't as strong as the current day.

What would constitute a perfect day for you?
It depends on the day! It also depends on my mood that day. I don't know.

What are you most grateful for in your life?
I don't really think about what I am grateful for ever. I just take things with an "it is what it is" attitude, I guess.

Is there something that you've dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven't you done it?
Yes. I've dreamt of moving to different countries every now and then and starting over, experiencing a whole new culture and way of living. Like in one of those towns where all the houses are surrounded by water, and you need boats to get around. That would be pretty cool. The reasons I haven't done it are obvious I'm sure. It's incredibly risky financially.

If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
I would make my mother a nicer woman

If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
I think mind control, for sure. Flying would be a close second. But being able to control the world and bend people to my will, at will? Oh yes.

What do you value most in a friendship?
Sincerity and appreciation

What roles do love and affection play in your life?
I don't think they do, really. At all. I can't think of any way they do

Your house, containing everything you own, catches fire. After saving your loved ones and pets, you have time to safely make a final dash to save any one item. What would it be? Why?
My laptop!

Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
My brother.

If money was no object, what would you do all day?
Whatever I needed to do. If money was no object, there would just be some other form of currency with a different name. Otherwise, I'd probably just obsess over some idea that I want to understand, maybe. It would be mood dependent.

What is your favorite book?
Books seem very boring to me. I always find myself becoming distracted quite easily. I'll read the words but my mind will be off somewhere else.

How do you present yourself to the world, at work, in conversation (perhaps in your choice of clothing or word choice)?
I'm very articulate, thoughtful, and hard-working when I need to be. Clothing I'm not too particular about, but I do enjoy looking clean-cut and well put-together.

If you could have one mythical creature as a pet, what would it be?
A phoenix, maybe. I don't know.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
Computer Scientist. I'm working towards it now.

If you were a fruit or vegetable, what fruit or vegetable would you be?
Seriously?

What is your favorite beverage?
Water and liquor, lol

What's the most recent cool thing you've learned?
That this forum thread exists

You're on death row...what's your last meal?
Pizza and liquor, I guess

Finally, it might be helpful to note one very strange quality about my childhood that stood out to me. All throughout my school age days (in the years we had recess), while the other kids were playing games or what not, I'd be slowly walking the perimeter of the playground and just observing everything going on around me.

Also congratulations to anyone who read all of this. I'm sorry for the loss of your last ten minutes. Haha. But really, any help is GREATLY appreciated. If I find a question I can't answer, I think about it over and over until I burn myself out. I want closure on this.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Your answers to these questions made you sound pretty ISTJ. I'm pretty confident about the IxTJ anyway.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hmmmm. Lower Fi is all I really see, and you are clearly introverted. You write like an ISTJ, brief and to the point, so ISTJ it is.

Dimwittian

MBTI Type
INTP
Hm... interesting. I've never even considered that I might be ISTJ. The functions don't necessarily conflict heavily for the most part, though. Fi is listed as the relief function, and when I feel stressed I do in fact have to force myself to feel something by listening to music or another method so I can feel relief. What's more interesting is that in all of the tests I've taken not a single one has typed me as ISTJ. Overwhelmingly tests type me as INTP, I've gotten a few times INTJ, and one time INFP (though that one is definitely incorrect).

Punderstorm seemed unsure apart from the writing and Dyslexxie seemed only to be certain of IxTJ. I've sort of already crossed INTJ off the list only because I've heard time and time again that INTJ's tend to never question what their true type is after they've taken a test. Is there any sure-fire way to tell apart INTJ and ISTJ?

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do you prefer sensing or intuition?
Describe yourself when stressed, do you relate to Inferior Ne or Se?

Dimwittian

MBTI Type
INTP
I think I tend to be fairly oblivious to what's going on around me. The vast majority of my time is spent inside my own head thinking about some new obsession, the latest of which being MBTI. I can't comment specifically on Si because I truly do not understand exactly what Si is, specifically whether it is more of a conscious or subconscious function. But I can say that I almost never think of the past. When it comes to Se, I tend to be oblivious to the external environment as noted above, but I can still hone in on it when I really want to. It takes a lot of effort, though.

When it comes to intuition, I can relate heavily to both Ne and Ni. When I was a child, I spent almost ALL of my time thinking about the big questions. (Who am I? Is there a God? What is the meaning of life? etc.) I remember numerous times when I would be thinking of a particular heavy subject for a very long time, weeks or months, and then suddenly would feel this noticeable CLICK inside my mind where it all suddenly makes sense. On the topic of Ni, I think I do a lot of this too. Whenever I hear a competing theory about something I am knowledgeable of, my mind immediately starts scanning that thought for logical consistency with everything else I know about the subject.

So in my mind, I certainly think that intuition dominates. But of course I could be biased considering deep intelligence is a highly sought after trait in society, and this often goes hand-in-hand with the NT combination.

When I'm very stressed, I feel like I HAVE to shut off my mind, just get out of my thoughts, and do everything I can to enter the "here and now." When I feel like I'm living in the moment and especially when I am connected to my current feelings, that's when the stress starts to fade away. Mostly I accomplish this by a combination of listening to music, reading slowly to slow my mind down, and ESPECIALLY by focusing on my thoughts and writing them down on a piece of paper, then reading my own thoughts back to myself after writing.

I don't know how to describe how I relate to inferior functions. I've learned that the dominant function is like your 'main weapon', the secondary function is like your 'backup weapon', and the tertiary function is what you call upon when your dominant and secondary functions fail and you NEED to feel relief. I'm clueless about the inferior functions though.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The inferior function is in theory, your aspirational function, you absolutely suck at it, it comes out during times of stress. You're describing inferior Se, which is a need to be in the moment, a lack of awareness for the enviromrnt around you.
Inferior Se is INxJ, and we pinned down that you also have Te, so INTJ?
Do you relate to INTJ profiles?

Dimwittian

MBTI Type
INTP
I relate very well to both the INTP and INTJ profiles. I would've concluded myself an INTJ a long time ago except that I constantly doubt whether I got my own type correct, which I've read can be a heavy indicator of P.

Now that you've mentioned that the inferior function comes out under stress though, I can say with almost certainty that my inferior function is Se. Stress melts away for me when I stop thinking about the future, ideas, whatever else, and start focusing only on what needs done in the here and now.

Are you certain that you have me pegged as a Te user?

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, you have lower Fi, you can't have Fi without Te.
INTJ it is.

Dimwittian

MBTI Type
INTP
Wow. I'm very glad I decided to start this thread. It feels rather validating having someone else come to one of the same conclusions that I've reached concerning my type, as opposed to simply thinking it through over and over inside my own head. I'm inclined to agree that my type is most probably INTJ.

Thanks to the both of you, that goes for you as well Dyslexxie

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
Haha your additional answers definitely help. [MENTION=27495]Punderstorm[/MENTION]'s questions are really good, holy smokes, way to pinpoint their answers! :)

This makes me think INTJ versus ISTJ?
I think I tend to be fairly oblivious to what's going on around me. The vast majority of my time is spent inside my own head thinking about some new obsession, the latest of which being MBTI. I can't comment specifically on Si because I truly do not understand exactly what Si is, specifically whether it is more of a conscious or subconscious function. But I can say that I almost never think of the past. When it comes to Se, I tend to be oblivious to the external environment as noted above, but I can still hone in on it when I really want to. It takes a lot of effort, though.
S are quite attentive and in the moment while N is somewhere in the intangible space. ISTJs are pretty aware to everything, and very very objective.

My friend is INTJ and his dad is ISTJ. Here's a classic difference between the two: when my friend got a new sales job (income highly driven by results), my friend was excited about the potential it could lead to. His dad was focused on a) current base pay b) benefits, and c) all the really specific perks of the job. The dad is crazy factual and sees no merit in possibilities, while my friend is a lot more likely to think of ideas, followed by really crazy detailed plans on how to implement them (something his dad could never understand and probably fears).

Your first answers seemed more ISTJ but with elaboration I can see the INTJ personality more too.

Anyway, here is a breakdown of Si versus Ni:
Introverted Sensing often involves storing data and information, then comparing and contrasting the current situation with similar ones. The immediate experience or words are instantly linked with the prior experiences, and we register a similarity or a difference—for example, noticing that some food doesn’t taste the same or is saltier than it usually is. Introverted Sensing is also operating when we see someone who reminds us of someone else. Sometimes a feeling associated with the recalled image comes into our awareness along with the information itself. Then the image can be so strong, our body responds as if reliving the experience. The process also involves reviewing the past to draw on the lessons of history, hindsight, and experience. With introverted Sensing, there is often great attention to detail and getting a clear picture of goals and objectives and what is to happen. There can be a oneness with ageless customs that help sustain civilization and culture and protect what is known and long-lasting, even while what is reliable changes.

Introverted iNtuiting involves synthesizing the seemingly paradoxical or contradictory, which takes understanding to a new level. Using this process, we can have moments when completely new, unimagined realizations come to us. A disengagement from interactions in the room occurs, followed by a sudden “Aha!” or “That’s it!” The sense of the future and the realizations that come from introverted iNtuiting have a sureness and an imperative quality that seem to demand action and help us stay focused on fulfilling our vision or dream of how things will be in the future. Using this process, we might rely on a focal device or symbolic action to predict, enlighten, or transform. We could find ourselves laying out how the future will unfold based on unseen trends and telling signs. This process can involve working out complex concepts or systems of thinking or conceiving of symbolic or novel ways to understand things that are universal. It can lead to creating transcendent experiences or solutions.

Also, this guy makes the best type videos. Check him out if you have the time.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Si can seem like it is "synthesising" information, because it gathers lots of ideas about a certain topic, while Ne does some speculating around it, and the Si starts culling the information that is not reliable until you get something which is. If contradictory information to the reliability of the Si conclusion arises, there will be further Ne combining and Si culling.

Do you prefer to compete, or co-operate?

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you lead with Ni (program function), backed by Te (creative function), your role should be Si, and your PoLR should be Fe. That would make you an INTp in Socionics. You may be either INTP or INTJ in the Myers-Briggs-Kiersian system. If, however, Ti is your program function, Ne would be your creative function, Fi would be your role function and Se would be your PoLR. That would make you an INTj in Socionics but, again, either INTP or INTJ in the Myers-Briggs-Kiersian system.

Here's a quick breakdown of the two for your comparison:

Intuitive Logical Introvert (ILI, INTp)
Names: ILI, INTp, , NiTe, TP, Critic, Observer, Balzac
Subtypes: ILI-Ni (Philosopher), ILI-Te (Expert)
Mood: Goofy; don't reveal their inner life; interested in processes; passive relaxedness; ironic attitude
Quadra: Gamma
Club: Researchers (NT)
Temperament: Receptive-adaptive (IP)
Communication Style: Cold-blooded
Erotic Attitude: Victim
Cognitive Form: Dialectical-Algorithmic
Dichotomies: Introverted, Intuitive, Logical, Irrational, Dynamic, Obstinate, Democratic, Tactical, Constructivist, Farsighted, Serious, Decisive, Negativist, Process, Declaring
Intertype Relations: Dual (SEE), Identical (ILI), Mirror (LIE), Activator (ESI), Kindred (IEI), Semi-dual (SLE), Illusionary (IEE), Business (SLI), Contrary (ILE), Superego (SEI), Quasi-identical (LII), Conflictor (ESE), Supervisor (EIE), Supervisee (LSE), Benefactor (LSI), Beneficiary (EII)

Logical Intuitive Introvert (LII, INTj)
Names: LII, INTj,TiNe, LI, Analyst, Scientist, Robespierre
Subtypes: LII-Ti (Systemizer), LII-Ne (Researcher)
Mood: Detached critical analysis; clear and independent thought and worldviews; appearance of self-control
Quadra: Alpha
Club: Researchers (NT)
Temperament: Balanced-stable (IJ)
Communication Style: Cold-blooded
Erotic Attitude: Infantile
Cognitive Form: Holographical-Panoramic
Dichotomies: Introverted, Intuitive, Logical, Rational, Static, Obstinate, Democratic, Strategic, Emotivist, Farsighted, Merry, Judicious, Negativist, Result, Asking
Intertype Relations:
Dual (ESE), Identical (LII), Mirror (ILE), Activator (SEI), Kindred (LSI), Semi-dual (EIE), Illusionary (LSE), Business (EII), Contrary (LIE), Superego (ESI), Quasi-identical (ILI), Conflictor (SEE), Supervisor (SLE), Supervisee (IEE), Benefactor (IEI), Beneficiary (SLI)

Socionics - the16types.info - The Socion: Overview of the 16 Sociotypes

Socionics gives you a lot more tools to distinguish between the two. For example INTj is Alpha Quadra (afraid of being silenced and judicious--normally in a general state of relaxation, but INTj can feel stress increasing) whereas INTp is Gamma Quadra (afraid of losing power and having its freedom curtailed and decisive--normally in a general state of stress or preparedness, but INTp can feel the state of relaxation). Cognitive styles are different between the two (holographic-panoramic vs. dialectical-algorithmic), as are erotic attitudes (infantile vs. victim). Exploring those distinctions might help you to nail down your type.

Are you a busy bee? Are you constantly active? That's more like a Gamma. Do you get upset when you're not allowed to say what you want to say or defend yourself verbally? That's more like an Alpha. The descriptions of mood, above, might help you too.

Here are a couple of links to profiles that may shed some light on the issue for you:

Socionics - the16types.info - INTj The Analyst Profile by Gulenko
Socionics - the16types.info - INTp The Critic Profile by Gulenko

Only you can know for sure, but I agree with previous posters that INTx is appropriate. That last letter is key, however. For my money, I'm guessing INTp based upon what you have previously written in this thread.

Some further questions I have for you are these: Why is this bugging you? Why do you feel the need to "nail down" your type, and why now, specifically? Motivations can be useful in making a determination of this kind.

Hope that helps. :hi:

Dimwittian

MBTI Type
INTP
Thanks for the responses guys and gals. I'm in class currently so I have to be brief, but I'll respond to each once I'm home.

Dimwittian

MBTI Type
INTP
[MENTION=26269]Kheledon[/MENTION]

I'll have to look into Socionics when I have the time. I feel like questions are a great, great help though. I have a feeling I might be biased depending on what personality types sound better to me, and thus subconsciously lean towards those type traits when I recognize them while reading how the types operate, thus clouding my mind and keeping me from finding my true type. Answering questions where I have no idea what the correct answer would be for "X" personality type or "Y" personality type subvert this some.

"Are you a busy bee? Are you constantly active?"
I absolutely am, but it should be noted that I currently have to be due to a rigorous college semester. When the semester isn't so rough, I tend to be fairly lazy up until the point I find something "worthy" of doing. That is, until I find something that has great, and I mean GREAT effort/reward ratio. I'm very good at playing the role of the opportunist, sifting through opportunities until I grab one that has a truly great ratio.

"Do you get upset when you're not allowed to say what you want to say or defend yourself verbally?"
Just reading this question and imagining the situation makes my blood boil. I can't stand my voice being silenced, and when one has the authority to and then exercises said authority to do just that, you can be certain my frustrations will build over time until finally they explode in an emotional tangent.

Example:
When I was young, over the summers I was babysat by an older lady who also babysat some of my other cousins. I was not related to the babysitter, but two of my cousins were. And they clearly, clearly received preferential treatment over the other kids she babysat. I don't remember what happened exactly, but on a particular day there was a situation where I was being treated very unfairly in comparison to them. And I exploded on her, I mean really REALLY exploded. Imagine a 10 year old kid yelling at the top of his lungs, looking straight towards his babysitter for a good two minutes. She was speechless afterwards, and I felt so much better but was feeling emotional and mostly drained of energy. I do NOT like showing my emotions in an uncontrolled manner like that either. And it generally takes a great number of offences before I blow up like that.

"Why is this bugging you? Why do you feel the need to "nail down" your type, and why now, specifically?"
I guess there are multiple reasons. It's very important to me that I'm able to define myself, to answer the question of "who am I?" and "what is my place in the world?". Logically, I already know the answer to the latter. Nobody has any place in the world except the place imposed on them or that they impose on themselves. But emotionally, it feels very satiating to know WHO you are as a person, to know your strengths, your weaknesses, and to know how to capitalize on the knowledge of how you operate as a person to strengthen yourself. You can find what weaknesses plague your type, and then take steps to obliterate them. You can find your strengths, and develop methods to refine them to TRULY turn yourself into a powerhouse. Whether I would actually do that is an absolute yes. The question of how much time it would take however is incredibly variable. I can say for certain though that one defining factor of my life is a constant effort for self-improvement and "enlightenment", if it could be called that.

Secondly, it's a puzzle I can't solve. And that frustrates me to no end. When I come across something that I can't figure out, I put a mental laser focus on it which I feel I have little control over. My mind just becomes preoccupied with it and it starts to get in the way of everything else I need to focus on in my day-to-day life. It dominates. When the puzzle is solved, there is an IMMEDIATE and OVERWHELMING sense of relief that washes over me. And then I can rest again. But, until I find a concrete, definitive "beyond a reasonable doubt" answer, there is no true rest.

This is a recurring theme in my life. I'll have a "latest obsession" where I feel a compulsive need to find closure, to find an absolute truth that I can't reasonably disprove.

" For example INTj is Alpha Quadra (afraid of being silenced and judicious--normally in a general state of relaxation, but INTj can feel stress increasing) whereas INTp is Gamma Quadra (afraid of losing power and having its freedom curtailed and decisive--normally in a general state of stress or preparedness, but INTp can feel the state of relaxation)"

Analyzing this section is very tricky for me, because when I was younger I had crippling social anxiety. I had no idea what relaxation even felt like until I found at-home Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy. Since I was normally in a constant state of stress, the feeling was VERY obvious to me when I started to feel relaxed. So the question then becomes was I feeling the relaxation profoundly because of my type, or because I was so used to feeling stressed constantly due to social anxiety? Today, I don't know that there's a big distinction between how profoundly I feel stress increasing and states of relaxation. Both are rather profound. It may be noteworthy however, that I think by nature I am a high-strung, intense, and intellectually passionate person. I have to make a very concrete, concentrated effort on a regular basis in order to keep myself in a relaxed state. Without this concentrated effort, I'm almost guaranteed to naturally gravitate towards a state of stress. But I could certainly be wrong. I could be a naturally relaxed person who's stressed often because of societal and familial pressure. I don't know.

Dimwittian

MBTI Type
INTP
[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION]

By nature, I prefer to compete. I look at others around me and find comfort in being more capable than them. But these days I'm also very aware of the stress effect that constant competition has on my body, which makes cooperation seem very attractive. Still, what I really prefer to do is compete. I am just more aware now that it takes a very noticeable toll on my stress levels.

Dimwittian

MBTI Type
INTP
[MENTION=26046]Dyslexxie[/MENTION]

I appreciate the input and thanks for the resources. I think there is no way that I have a S bone in my body. I'm too dreamy, unaware of my surroundings, and focused on the future. Your comparison between your friend and his dad makes the distinction clear. I'm N. I know for certain at least that I'm INxx. I can say I'm about 76% sure that I'm T. But the P/J is so difficult to decipher. Today I'm leaning towards thinking P, but previous experience tells me that tomorrow I could wake up thinking I'm J again, until that point I find that one "golden nugget" of information that tells me beyond a reasonable doubt which one is me. Then there can be closure, finally.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.

I appreciate the input and thanks for the resources. I think there is no way that I have a S bone in my body. I'm too dreamy, unaware of my surroundings, and focused on the future. Your comparison between your friend and his dad makes the distinction clear. I'm N. I know for certain at least that I'm INxx. I can say I'm about 76% sure that I'm T. But the P/J is so difficult to decipher. Today I'm leaning towards thinking P, but previous experience tells me that tomorrow I could wake up thinking I'm J again, until that point I find that one "golden nugget" of information that tells me beyond a reasonable doubt which one is me. Then there can be closure, finally.
I never understood it until I saw how his dad responded and had a major 'aha' moment lol.
You strike me as J. You're organized, quite thought out (your answer about moving to a different town but something about financially responsibility sounds exactly like what my INTJ friend would say lol), as well as your competitive streak sound more INTJ than INTP, but here's another breakdown, maybe this will help?

Dimwittian

MBTI Type
INTP

I've actually read that very same article probably about five times in the past. I've also watched all of EJ ARENDEE 's YouTube videos on the subject of INTP vs INTJ and others. They always tend to say one thing about INTP's where my response is "Oh, that sounds just like me." But then they'll say something about INTJ and I'll think "Oh, that... also sounds just like me." Ultimately it's gotten me nowhere of course except stirred up more of my own confusion.

I absolutely am organized externally, though. But then there's the question of whether I'm organized because I am naturally that way, or because I know that if I'm not, I could end up in bad situations. In my younger years especially, though, I was highly competitive in the sense of feeling my own achievements made me superior to others around me who clearly didn't apply or structure themselves. I do not think that feeling in particular was instilled into me by anything other than nature, so perhaps that slides the scale more towards the J side. Though, I've heard that a feeling of superiority, even arrogance, is common among both INTPs and INTJs prior to adequate maturation.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Ah, an easy way to find your J/P is your need for closure. J types by definition have a need for closure, while P's don't. Also function wise INTxs are opposites, you've already related to INxJs inferior Se and thinking, therefore you are an INTJ.