• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is a sign of good mental health?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“What is a sign of good mental health?

1. Not taking things personally.

2. Less susceptible to triggers is an absolute great barometer of excellent mental health.

3. Not repaying negative energy with negative energy. Instead walk away from negative, argumentative, disparaging, insulting people. Let them ‘Win’ but not engaging.

They have lessons to learn. If they react then they are reacting and protecting their false ego. They will continue to be triggered by their own unconscious conflicts, unresolved conflicts, emotional baggage and psychic wounds.

In psychology you have positive reinforcement and negative reinforcement. Giving attention to #3 above only reinforces negative behavior. Bruno Bettelheim worked with children with tantrums and negative behavior.

The staff were instructed to not engage the child if they used profanity, destroyed property, cursed etc., unless they were a harm to themselves or others.

Instead staff rewarded by tokens and rewards of good behavior in behavior approximation. If you engage and can not maintain this mental discipline

then that is a sign you’ve been triggered. It’s a sign you are not psychologically, emotionally and spiritually mature.” LightSun

Last edited:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
3. Not repaying negative energy with negative energy. Instead walk away from negative, argumentative, disparaging, insulting people. Let them ‘Win’ but not engaging.

In some situations, this is fine. But there are some individuals for whom this isn't good enough, and they won't leave you alone even after you do this and will keep coming after you. I'm sure you don't see it this way, but to them, they see it as you being a doormat and as a sign that you are an easy target they can keep going after.

With people like that, a different approach is needed.

Last edited:

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Hello
In some situations, this is fine. But there are some individuals for whom this isn't good enough, and they won't leave you alone even after you do this and will keep coming after you.

With people like that, a different approach is needed.
Hello Julius, I have found some individuals who are coming from a position of negativity, disparaging, insulting, etc.

When they are coming from such a contrarian position, they have little to nothing to offer. I keep boundaries in real life and online. In real life I avoid these people. Online I simply don’t even respond.

I completely ignore their input and don’t respond. Responding to these type individuals is called negative reinforcement in psychology.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hello

Hello Julius, I have found some individuals who are coming from a position of negativity, disparaging, insulting, etc.

When they are coming from such a contrarian position, they have little to nothing to offer. I keep boundaries in real life and online. In real life I avoid these people. Online I simply don’t even respond.

I completely ignore their input and don’t respond. Responding to these type individuals is called negative reinforcement in psychology.
Oh ok, gotcha. I think we were talking about two different things. You do you and let your freak flag fly!

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“Learn to pick your battles. Know when not to engage someone who is coming from a blatantly negative position.

They may disparage you or your opinion with subjective labels, pejoratives and name calling. They are clearly triggered and blindly lashing out using irrationality.

Do not engage. They are projecting their own issues. To uselessly engage them would amount to both being irrational and protecting their ego’s.” LightSun