• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts What do you dream about? (literal dreams during sleep)

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I never really recall my dreams, but if I do then they are typically either
A) Strange, bizarre
B) Something my unconscious self wants me to face or recognize consciously

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A lot of survival... Apocalyptic dreams, a lot of fantasy, they're barely mundane/normal.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I had my first ever zombie dream last night. Yes, I watched The Walking Dead, but I think it was probably more symbolic, although I didn't analyze it enough before the details faded.

I've been consciously repressing a lot of big feelings and disappointment lately (externally at least), and internally feeling a sense of longing for which I cannot find a solution. Consequently, I've had some really odd dreams.

I had my first ever zombie dream last night. Yes, I watched The Walking Dead, but I think it was probably more symbolic, although I didn't analyze it enough before the details faded.

I've been consciously repressing a lot of big feelings and disappointment lately (externally at least), and internally feeling a sense of longing for which I cannot find a solution. Consequently, I've had some really odd dreams.
I’ve been a zombie fan since I saw Night of the Living Dead as a kid.

I still remember my first zombie nightmare. I had just seen Dawn of the Dead, I was 12 I think. One of them bit into my wrist and blood showered everywhere as a radio report played in the background warning people to stay inside. I was trying to make my way to join up with family and I got caught out on the streets. I woke up after a moment. Had trouble sleeping for a week after that.

Now, I’ve become so accustomed to these type dreams they don’t even stress me out. In fact, they’ve become oddly comforting because they’re so familiar. Also, the zombies don’t get a chance to eat me anymore so that’s a plus. lol

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You don't wanna know about my dreams, they'll leave you psychologically messed up.

I Tonya

Rythym of the night
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The closest thing I can think of is like being in Evil Within 2.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I’ve been a zombie fan since I saw Night of the Living Dead as a kid.

I still remember my first zombie nightmare. I had just seen Dawn of the Dead, I was 12 I think. One of them bit into my wrist and blood showered everywhere as a radio report played in the background warning people to stay inside. I was trying to make my way to join up with family and I got caught out on the streets. I woke up after a moment. Had trouble sleeping for a week after that.

Now, I’ve become so accustomed to these type dreams they don’t even stress me out. In fact, they’ve become oddly comforting because they’re so familiar. Also, the zombies don’t get a chance to eat me anymore so that’s a plus. lol

I don't think I've ever been captured or attacked in a dream, just on the run or hiding or strategizing how to get away. I've never thought about it before. Weird.

I don't think I've ever been captured or attacked in a dream, just on the run or hiding or strategizing how to get away. I've never thought about it before. Weird.

I think that’s probably a good thing. I’ve been shot, stabbed, eaten by a great white and even crushed by a giant sponge like ball in a shopping mall. And once as a teen I had a week where everyone I knew murdered me. A different person each night. The subconscious is definitely a strange beast.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have also had some zombie dreams, where I always try to get in a vehicle and run them over. Sometimes the car works, other times not so much. Other times I run and hide in a house till they pass. I have also shotgunned or used various weapons on them to escape.

To me, they represent anxiety and trying to control it before it overcomes me.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have never had a zombie dream (that I can recall), and the dreams where I'm in danger from another human tend to be either (when I was a kid) the threat of being kidnapped/seeing someone looking in through the window, or (as an adult) having someone lean over my bed, about to choke me.

I more often have dreams about bears being a threat to my safety.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
I believe my recent abundance of nightmares is directly related to the poor health of my intestines. Within the last year or so I’ve had far more nightmares than I normally have, all while my digestive issues have become decidedly worse. It will be interesting to see if they become less frequent after surgery.

Did you happen to exhibit anxiety/fear during that period, which was not a consequence of the nightmares?

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
I used to be able to recall me dreams quite vividly, however, I rarely remember them now...If I do, it's not retained long within my mind unless it's a nightmare. I did notice that my retention frequency increased while I was taking GABA.

Did you happen to exhibit anxiety/fear during that period, which was not a consequence of the nightmares?

I haven’t felt any additional fear/anxiety with the exception of worrying that my health issues may just continue to accumulate rapidly.

After pondering the question, I have been studying how inflamed intestines can increase anxiety and depression symptoms. This increase seems to be manifesting itself through my dreams. Less sleep can also inhibit the brains ability to cope with anxiety which in turn leads to more difficulty being able to sleep. So that’s a vicious circle. Also bouts of diverticulitis can cause fatigue. I spend a good deal of time feeling utterly exhausted now. Slowly I’m working towards surgery that should improve the situation. However, other health complications are making the process more troublesome than it would be by itself.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I have never had a zombie dream (that I can recall), and the dreams where I'm in danger from another human tend to be either (when I was a kid) the threat of being kidnapped/seeing someone looking in through the window, or (as an adult) having someone lean over my bed, about to choke me.

I more often have dreams about bears being a threat to my safety.

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
I haven’t felt any additional fear/anxiety with the exception of worrying that my health issues may just continue to accumulate rapidly.

After pondering the question, I have been studying how inflamed intestines can increase anxiety and depression symptoms. This increase seems to be manifesting itself through my dreams. Less sleep can also inhibit the brains ability to cope with anxiety which in turn leads to more difficulty being able to sleep. So that’s a vicious circle. Also bouts of diverticulitis can cause fatigue. I spend a good deal of time feeling utterly exhausted now. Slowly I’m working towards surgery that should improve the situation. However, other health complications are making the process more troublesome than it would be by itself.

I also had bouts of nightmares that were connected to fear experienced in response to my brother having seizures. There was a time lag between the conscious and unconscious reaction...It made me understand that dreams are definitely related to fear. Also, it seems that the mind compiles/filters conscious thought in various ways wherein the frequency/duration of these thoughts increase the likelihood that a specific thought/memory will translate into a dream. I also have suffered from digestive distress (gastritis), which was a consequence of constant anxiety I experienced in my teens. It happened abruptly a few months after the anxiety ceased, which made me wonder if the symptoms were masked due to anxiety...meaning it dampened the pain (heightened adrenaline, exc). It could also have been due to bacteria in food (possibly H-Pylori?). I did discover through a barium test that the transit time of food through my stomach is greatly hindered (minor gastroparalysis?), so I have to eat less frequently to minimize reactions. All the best to you in finding a solution to your inflammation.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Huh. After getting some pain killers and taking them before bed, my dreams have become infinitely more...mundane. I was hoping for something worth writing about. How disappointing.

I also had bouts of nightmares that were connected to fear experienced in response to my brother having seizures. There was a time lag between the conscious and unconscious reaction...It made me understand that dreams are definitely related to fear. Also, it seems that the mind compiles/filters conscious thought in various ways wherein the frequency/duration of these thoughts increase the likelihood that a specific thought/memory will translate into a dream. I also have suffered from digestive distress (gastritis), which was a consequence of constant anxiety I experienced in my teens. It happened abruptly a few months after the anxiety ceased, which made me wonder if the symptoms were masked due to anxiety...meaning it dampened the pain (heightened adrenaline, exc). It could also have been due to bacteria in food (possibly H-Pylori?). I did discover through a barium test that the transit time of food through my stomach is greatly hindered (minor gastroparalysis?), so I have to eat less frequently to minimize reactions. All the best to you in finding a solution to your inflammation.

That would sound logical. That chronic stress in the conscious mind would make an impression in the subconscious which would be expressed through dreams.

We spend so many years in this existence and yet so much of it is hidden from us, internally and externally. The subconscious is such a strange concept. It’s like you’re walking a road in a fog enshrouded forest at night with a figure that you never see clearly. Yet they lead you, setting the tone and the pace of your travels. It is an enigmatic guide that you know little more about at journey’s end than you did at it’s start.

Thank you for the kind words. Be well.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I sometimes dream about being exhausted. :17425: