• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What causes excessive veins in women's arms?

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This seems unusual for a woman. Is it age? Is it their weight-lifting routine? Is it low body fat? Is it the "lanky" body type? Is it a combination? Enlighten me please.

Madonna.jpg

jolieDM2612_468x712.jpg

ttp.jpg

0513_manhands_launch_ramey.jpg

It's so... manly.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
It's gotta have something to do with low body fat, I'm thinking. I don't know who the third woman is, but she frightens me greatly. Whatever causes it, lets figure it out and not do it, shall we?

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's gotta have something to do with low body fat, I'm thinking. I don't know who the third woman is, but she frightens me greatly. Whatever causes it, lets figure it out and not do it, shall we?

Funk yeah. /fist pound

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
My arms look like that when I lift heavy things. Maybe there is a titanium block in their purses.

It is probably low body fat like Tallulah said though, and those women look extremely skinny.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
It's called being human. Guess I shouldn't reveal to you that women also fart, sweat, and poo.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
eep. i'm pretty svelte and i'm nowhere near like any of those. and i am human.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think copious quantities of drugs can also be part of it.

Usehername

On a mission
When I'm excessively temperature-wise too hot, my veins become noticeable (think Jolie), though not to that degree. Usually I'm always cold (even Africans made fun of my fleece-wearing in Africa) and thus no one would know this fact about me because my veins are otherwise hidden.

If it makes a difference, I weighed 115.6 lbs this morning and I am 5'7".

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Lack of body fat in addition to tons of working out. Vascularity is from working out, correct?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Hmmm maybe this is when I feel too hot?

I should experiment for TypeC.

Well. Larger veins are probably from strenuous physical activity. Extended periods of pushing large weights or holding large weights. As for SJP, she's just old. You can tell the age of a woman by looking at her hands. As Shakira might say, the hands don't lie.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
It's low body fat, coupled with heavy usage of stimulants (likely amphetamines for Madonna, not sure about the others). Jolie's veins don't look unhealthy, it seems to be more a matter of warm place + pressure due to clothing.

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is anyone else reminded of Iggy Pop/Gollum?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Low bf% has most to do with it. If you don't have much covering the things, you're gonna see 'em. Just look at those photos... They have virtually no meat on their bones.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well. Larger veins are probably from strenuous physical activity. Extended periods of pushing large weights or holding large weights. As for SJP, she's just old. You can tell the age of a woman by looking at her hands. As Shakira might say, the hands don't lie.

SJP is pretty pumped too. Just couldn't find a good pic illustrating the point. Here:
sjp.jpg

I agree with Beat on the low body fat. I'm thinking it is a combination of those first few possibilities I posed. These women all have these things in common: age, personal body trainers, tough fitness routines (I'd imagine), and they are very slim.

This seems to have become a Hollywood and even upper-class trend among women to be super slim + pumped. Why do these women have to keep upping the ante? Do you guys (men or women) find this look attractive? Right now I'm just shooting to be trimmer and healthier... not pumped. But I have noticed this time around at the gym (as opposed to five years ago when I used to go regularly as well) that I see more women looking ripped. Even my step-mother who is a personal trainer, nutritionist, and gym manager notices more women trying to get "cut." What gives?

V

violaine

Hmm, I like when women are fit and their veins are showing. Barring drug use, it's a mark of fitness to me. I have some veins that pop a little when I am running and I love seeing them. It can also show up in hot weather. It's definitely that these women don't have much body fat and that they work out a lot. They could also be predisposed to this.

Scientific American has a detailed explanation as to why it occurs.

(Also, SJP is not THAT old. Not that I particularly like her. No one seems to say that or even think it about Anderson Cooper or the men around her age. Pfft!)

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
This seems to have become a Hollywood and even upper-class trend among women to be super slim + pumped. Why do these women have to keep upping the ante? Do you guys (men or women) find this look attractive? Right now I'm just shooting to be trimmer and healthier... not pumped. But I have noticed this time around at the gym (as opposed to five years ago when I used to go regularly as well) that I see more women looking ripped. Even my step-mother who is a personal trainer, nutritionist, and gym manager notices more women trying to get "cut." What gives?

I don't find it attractive, they look like noodle-armed men and they aren't so much pumped as they are obnoxiously thin. Women seem very competitive about appearance and I would imagine they are just copying each other because no men I know like that look. Healthy and curvy 4-life.