• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Are You Listening To (Part II)?

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx

I don't even feel this way, I'm just enjoying his music / finding it refreshing to hear people being this raw, real, authentic, and emotionally sincere...in a world full of people hiding away behind empty, shallow, robotic personas. Letting themselves be rendered voiceless and faceless by the fear of being judged and such. Not many people stand against the grain boldly, like "I am. Like it or don't, but it won't change me, I won't conform."

Last edited:

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx

People will always judge you regardless of what you do. That isn't your fight, it's the fight of those judging. That's their own inner demons. Even if you walk on eggshells, you will be judged. The only choice you truly have is whether or not you allow them to suppress who you are, or you proudly stand despite the pressures. The way I see it...you only get one life, and it is YOUR life. Why in the fuck should others be given the reigns so that you're not even living your authentic life?

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
People will always judge you regardless of what you do. That isn't your fight, it's the fight of those judging. That's their own inner demons. Even if you walk on eggshells, you will be judged. The only choice you truly have is whether or not you allow them to suppress who you are, or you proudly stand despite the pressures. The way I see it...you only get one life, and it is YOUR life. Why in the fuck should others be given the reigns so that you're not even living your authentic life?

Even if it's isolating...is it seriously any less isolating to hide away, the real you restricted from rising to the surface? No one even knowing who you are? How can you even be truly loved without being truly understood? I'd passionately and proudly stand against the grain any day, even if it would make me a social pariah. At least I'd go about life without the world killing my spirit. At least I'd know that those who do love me, though few and far between, do so genuinely, and not because they don't actually know who I am. At least, with them, the love I receive is going to have the depth and intimacy levels I crave because they'll love me for the person I sincerely am, rather than some superficial love of how I present myself to the world.

Last edited:

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
The thing I treasure most in life cannot be taken away
There will never be a reason why I will surrender to your advice
To change myself, I'd rather die
Though they will not understand
I won't make the greatest sacrifice
You can't predict where the outcome lies
You'll never take me alive
I'm alive
I'm alive