• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Unsure ENFJ.. type me please?

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I did a questionnaire and someone suggested I was an ISFP. That is my whole reason for wondering about my type. I go back and forth on it a lot, but usually if someone suggests I am another type, I'm like, oh shit, are they right? Also when situations arise I tend to analyze them and wonder how they affect me and how am I supposed to feel and how is everyone feeling and what if I, why don't I feel like they do, does that make me an asshole? That's my whole thought process, specifically about dramatic situations -- like about death or whatever.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Cliche answer: To be Happy. For me, happiness is making a lot of money and basically doing what everyone else is doing. Not literally, but just.. I want to sort of be where everyone else is, with basic things. I would love to be able to create and express myself and do that as a job one day. I have a lot of energy, I feel, that I want to put into the world.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I always feel pretty good after I go shopping or get my hair done, or something. It's the fact that I have a new style or new things, they make me happy -- for the time being, anyways.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When someone criticizes me.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I think about, first, how others might react, and then how I feel about it. Pros and cons aren't always on my mind, they really rarely come in to play. I mainly wonder how my decisions will impact others around me. I guess I'm kind of thoughtful that way. Or just really, really anxious. Mostly the latter.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
My emphasis is on the outcome, I want to see the end result, I just want to get over it.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

I went cross-border shopping once and it was pretty fun, for the most part. I was excited, going somewhere else and spending time with family. I was mostly excited to go shopping. I don't really have fond memories though because I realize my family isn't as close as I thought we were, so it's kind of weird.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
I don't really understand this question. I guess I prefer to actually do something. With reading, I really tend to just literally skim over things because I can't keep my attention focused. I JUST WANT TO GET TO THE FUCKING END.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
In my head, I'm very organized and I'm always thinking a million steps ahead. Realistically, I'm probably not very. I can get a head start on things and then rush at the last minute because I take my time with things.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I try to understand things if they make sense, but ultimately I try and find information that supports the new idea, I guess.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I like knowing that everything & everyone is fine.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I'm a mixture of thinking before I speak, and speaking before I think. I tend to jump to conclusions on some things and not understand things, or not take in all the details. I more prefer one on one discussions to group, but I like being around and involved in groups.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Actions speak louder than words for me and I hate that people agree to this sentiment but they don't follow through on their actions or show me that they mean what they say. I absolutely hate that and feel lied to. I like to know what I'm jumping into before I leap, but on occasion I can jump right into action -- usually after I'm very fed up with something and I'll finally just make a decision and kind of go for it. I guess anxiety holds me back on a lot of things.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I'd probably go out with the friend and ditch the show. I don't watch much television, honestly, but it'll probably re-air or I'll catch it online.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I put myself in a corner and do nothing and panic about the situation.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

When they come off as better than everyone else, or are fake-nice. Or intimidatingly mean.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I like talking about movies and tv shows and music with people, sometimes. If it comes up.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Bills, taxes, money -- important stuff like that.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I'm sometimes described as very nice and genuine and I have a hard time believing that because I don't believe it myself. I don't know what they would never say about me, and I don't want to know.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Binge-watch reality television. But then I'd feel bad for doing nothing. I always feel bad when I don't do anything.

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
Kind of having a hard time telling if your Fe or Fi is stonger, so I want to ask what your motivation is in seeking external harmony among groups. Do you seek it because it also creates harmony within yourself? And is it more important for you to be "true to yourself", or to fit what you think others need/expect of you?

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Kind of having a hard time telling if your Fe or Fi is stonger, so I want to ask what your motivation is in seeking external harmony among groups. Do you seek it because it also creates harmony within yourself? And is it more important for you to be "true to yourself", or to fit what you think others need/expect of you?

I guess it's an inner harmony thing, yeah. I feel at peace if things are not stressful.

I always strive to be true to myself. I'm very stubborn and I can't be what someone wants me to be, unfortunately, or wear what they want me to, or do. I do everything in my own time, when I've made the decision. I have to have a come to Jesus moment with myself, basically, lmao.

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
I guess it's an inner harmony thing, yeah. I feel at peace if things are not stressful.

I always strive to be true to myself. I'm very stubborn and I can't be what someone wants me to be, unfortunately, or wear what they want me to, or do. I do everything in my own time, when I've made the decision. I have to have a come to Jesus moment with myself, basically, lmao.

Sounds like you use Fi, as opposed to Fe. I think what makes determining them rough for some people is they think that caring about others is strictly a Fe thing, and it isn't. It's just the motivation of that care that differentiates them. That being said, ENFJ is unlikely if your Fi is so strong. But, I'd say Ni and Se are very accurate for you, so that part is right. xSFP seems most likely to me. You seem to be very in the moment, and to take things as they come.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Sounds like you use Fi, as opposed to Fe. I think what makes determining them rough for some people is they think that caring about others is strictly a Fe thing, and it isn't. It's just the motivation of that care that differentiates them. That being said, ENFJ is unlikely if your Fi is so strong. But, I'd say Ni and Se are very accurate for you, so that part is right. xSFP seems most likely to me. You seem to be very in the moment, and to take things as they come.

That's interesting! I guess I am in the moment, it just really depends on the situation, I guess. I do tend to plan but if things change, I'm down for the new plans. My place of caring is genuine, I don't do it for a selfish gain, I genuinely want to be there for people and help them. I like to help and be depended on.

It's dumb to ask but it's not possible to have high Fi and be ENFJ? I mean obviously not because if I seem to use more Fi than Fe... I'm just doing some weird mental gymnastics here. It's interesting because I'm convinced I'm ENFJ in Socionics because I did some reading on the wiki's last night and some parts of the ENFJ spoke to me, so... yeah. I just feel kind of "attached" to that type now because I've associated with it for awhile.

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
That's interesting! I guess I am in the moment, it just really depends on the situation, I guess. I do tend to plan but if things change, I'm down for the new plans. My place of caring is genuine, I don't do it for a selfish gain, I genuinely want to be there for people and help them. I like to help and be depended on.

It's dumb to ask but it's not possible to have high Fi and be ENFJ? I mean obviously not because if I seem to use more Fi than Fe... I'm just doing some weird mental gymnastics here. It's interesting because I'm convinced I'm ENFJ in Socionics because I did some reading on the wiki's last night and some parts of the ENFJ spoke to me, so... yeah. I just feel kind of "attached" to that type now because I've associated with it for awhile.

You could have a strong use of Fi, but I think the Fe-dom ENFJ should have a stronger Fe than Fi. And I relate a lot to genuinely caring for and wanting to help others without selfish gain. Fi doesn't necessarily equate selfishness, in my research and experience it seems to be more concerned with doing things that are genuine and sincere and will often shun things that feel inauthentic or "fake".

Also, I generally feel that you know yourself better than others (especially randoms on the internet) know you, so if you really relate to a certain type, I say go with it.

(Something that might throw off your typing, or how others type you, could have something to do with your mental health. Just from my own experience.)

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You could have a strong use of Fi, but I think the Fe-dom ENFJ should have a stronger Fe than Fi. And I relate a lot to genuinely caring for and wanting to help others without selfish gain. Fi doesn't necessarily equate selfishness, in my research and experience it seems to be more concerned with doing things that are genuine and sincere and will often shun things that feel inauthentic or "fake".

Also, I generally feel that you know yourself better than others (especially randoms on the internet) know you, so if you really relate to a certain type, I say go with it.

(Something that might throw off your typing, or how others type you, could have something to do with your mental health. Just from my own experience.)

Yeah, that throws me off a lot and I'm like, BUT NO IT'S LIKE THIS!!!! and it just exhausts me, this back and forth. And it's funny, even though it's not, but I do struggle with anxiety a lot, so...

I appreciate your responses :)

books

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
I personally see ISFP, but I completely understand seeing Fe. I was so sure I was Fe but my enneagram makes me come of looking Fe. You have 9 in your tritype and are you a 7w6? I really related to your post. I don't think you're a Fe dom. Have you looked into INFJ?

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP

Yeah, that throws me off a lot and I'm like, BUT NO IT'S LIKE THIS!!!! and it just exhausts me, this back and forth. And it's funny, even though it's not, but I do struggle with anxiety a lot, so...

I appreciate your responses :)

No problem! :D

I feel you on the anxiety thing, though. :hug:

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
:hug: I really need to get mine in check but I'm scared to do so. I'll do it soon, though, I hope.

It can be rough. I'm a lot better now than I used to be. You're welcome to PM if you ever need to rant or vent about stuff.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I personally see ISFP, but I completely understand seeing Fe. I was so sure I was Fe but my enneagram makes me come of looking Fe. You have 9 in your tritype and are you a 7w6? I really related to your post. I don't think you're a Fe dom. Have you looked into INFJ?

:cry: I first typed as INFJ when I randomly did the test in high school.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I did a questionnaire and someone suggested I was an ISFP. That is my whole reason for wondering about my type. I go back and forth on it a lot, but usually if someone suggests I am another type, I'm like, oh shit, are they right? Also when situations arise I tend to analyze them and wonder how they affect me and how am I supposed to feel and how is everyone feeling and what if I, why don't I feel like they do, does that make me an asshole? That's my whole thought process, specifically about dramatic situations -- like about death or whatever.

Fe

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Cliche answer: To be Happy. For me, happiness is making a lot of money and basically doing what everyone else is doing. Not literally, but just.. I want to sort of be where everyone else is, with basic things. I would love to be able to create and express myself and do that as a job one day. I have a lot of energy, I feel, that I want to put into the world.

This kinda sounds like something an ESFJ might say, but I won't put it down as my final verdict yet.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I always feel pretty good after I go shopping or get my hair done, or something. It's the fact that I have a new style or new things, they make me happy -- for the time being, anyways.

This sounds like you enjoy Se-activities and sensory pleasures, which means that perhaps your Se is in your tert, since tert is your "relief" function. And since I said you are a Fe-dom, maybe ENFJ isn't a bad fit for you?

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When someone criticizes me.

Feeling types don't take criticisms too well, I find. xxFx type.
This might also point to you having Ti in its inferior role.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I think about, first, how others might react, and then how I feel about it. Pros and cons aren't always on my mind, they really rarely come in to play. I mainly wonder how my decisions will impact others around me. I guess I'm kind of thoughtful that way. Or just really, really anxious. Mostly the latter.

Strong Fe statement. Do you find yourself having to compromise what you think or feel about something in order to accommodate other people?

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
My emphasis is on the outcome, I want to see the end result, I just want to get over it.

Te is product oriented on the end results, maybe it's a bit high in your functional stacking for some reason.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I went cross-border shopping once and it was pretty fun, for the most part. I was excited, going somewhere else and spending time with family. I was mostly excited to go shopping. I don't really have fond memories though because I realize my family isn't as close as I thought we were, so it's kind of weird.

Fe-Se

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
I don't really understand this question. I guess I prefer to actually do something. With reading, I really tend to just literally skim over things because I can't keep my attention focused. I JUST WANT TO GET TO THE FUCKING END.

Hmmm. Now I'm stuck between ENFJ and ESFJ for you.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
In my head, I'm very organized and I'm always thinking a million steps ahead. Realistically, I'm probably not very. I can get a head start on things and then rush at the last minute because I take my time with things.

Auxiliary Ni since it is more about planning/thinking ahead internally more so than externally. The Ni in the ENFJ is used to achieve goals.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I try to understand things if they make sense, but ultimately I try and find information that supports the new idea, I guess.

You don't sound too confident in your answer here, so I'll just leave this :notype: for now.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I like knowing that everything & everyone is fine.

Fe-dom.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I'm a mixture of thinking before I speak, and speaking before I think. I tend to jump to conclusions on some things and not understand things, or not take in all the details. I more prefer one on one discussions to group, but I like being around and involved in groups.

This might because of the strange relationship between your Fe and your Ni. Fe is, obviously, very extraverted by itself, while Ni is intensely introverted and thrives off of taking things and people (and life in general) slowly because it is an information gathering function.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
Actions speak louder than words for me and I hate that people agree to this sentiment but they don't follow through on their actions or show me that they mean what they say. I absolutely hate that and feel lied to. I like to know what I'm jumping into before I leap, but on occasion I can jump right into action -- usually after I'm very fed up with something and I'll finally just make a decision and kind of go for it. I guess anxiety holds me back on a lot of things.

Anxiety? I'm sorry to hear. :hug:

I am having trouble deciphering your answers, so I'll skip this one and maybe come back to it later.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I'd probably go out with the friend and ditch the show. I don't watch much television, honestly, but it'll probably re-air or I'll catch it online.

Extrovert.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I put myself in a corner and do nothing and panic about the situation.

What goes through your mind when this happens? Any other symptoms do you outwardly display when you are at your worst?

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
When they come off as better than everyone else, or are fake-nice. Or intimidatingly mean.

Your Fe is showing. ;p

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I like talking about movies and tv shows and music with people, sometimes. If it comes up.

:notype:

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Bills, taxes, money -- important stuff like that.

Hmm!

Perhaps ESFJ isn't truly your type after all.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
I'm sometimes described as very nice and genuine and I have a hard time believing that because I don't believe it myself. I don't know what they would never say about me, and I don't want to know.

Fe-dom with inferior-Ti nervousness of "the truth" about yourself, whatever that means.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Binge-watch reality television. But then I'd feel bad for doing nothing. I always feel bad when I don't do anything.

Inferior Se, this sounds like, but it can also just be your Tert Se acting up.

Final verdict: ENFJ. Strong Fe-dom.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=26674]theforsaken[/MENTION] - very nice answers/helpful!

What goes through your mind when this happens? Any other symptoms do you outwardly display when you are at your worst?

The best way I can really describe this is that I worry about situations and I just think of every possible thing. Not every worse outcome, but I think of the negatives and the positives, but it's not like a list of pros and cons, my brain is like, I could do this... but how am I going to do this? over and over again. So I guess I just worry a lot. I try and always think ahead of things because I feel like I have to. I always feel stuck and afraid to do things, I guess. I'm slow and I guess it's my Fi but I just.. take my time, absorb, collect information? I don't know. Sometimes it's pointless because I look into things that I already know. Or, I know what to do, but, I don't do anything. I stall. That's kind of what I do at my worst, which feels all the time because I'm very, very slow-moving. With "moving on" in life, like getting my license, deciding to leave a job (I've been looking/putting myself out there), and those sorts of things. With the job, I'm at the point where I'm so frustrated that I just want to quit, but if I quit with nothing to fall back on, what am I going to do? But for the first time in awhile I don't care what happens, for now.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=29143]Thirteenly[/MENTION], I know you said reading might frustrate you if it takes a while, but I suggest you take a look at this and give yourself time to think about it for a day or so, to see if any of it makes sense to you. Deal? ;p

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
[MENTION=29143]Thirteenly[/MENTION], I know you said reading might frustrate you if it takes a while, but I suggest you take a look at this and give yourself time to think about it for a day or so, to see if any of it makes sense to you. Deal? ;p

[MENTION=26674]theforsaken[/MENTION], I'm willing to give it a try! :wink:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you are so unsure, maybe you're not an ENFJ?

What non ENFJ associated quality do you find yourself in contradiction?

books

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
:cry: I first typed as INFJ when I randomly did the test in high school.

I did some research and ENFJ 7 uses their Fe to make sure everyone's having fun. A life of the party type.

INFJ 7's seem rare.

ISFP 7 seems to bring out their Se.

I can relate to how horrible anxiety can hold you back on things you want to do. :hug: If you need to scream into the void my inbox is open. Sometimes it's a stress reliever just to vent to someone and not have them respond but know they hear you.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If you are so unsure, maybe you're not an ENFJ?

What non ENFJ associated quality do you find yourself in contradiction?

Just others' opinions or input of me on the forum I guess. Which is probably lame. I just second-guess myself.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just others' opinions or input of me on the forum I guess. Which is probably lame. I just second-guess myself.

I ask of this as I ask of others? What is your goal with mbti? Are you hoping to come to terms with something?