• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type the Neko Atsume Kitties

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Anybody play Neko Atsume (Kitty Collector)? Let's type the kitties!

I've used Spoiler tags, just in case someone wants to be surprised by new kitties.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
[MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] [MENTION=6163]ReadingRainbows[/MENTION] [MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION]

y'all seem like you might be into this game.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The topic of Tubbs is controversial, but I think he's just misunderstood. Yes, he eats all the food. But if you let him stay and enjoy his full belly, he leaves you with plenty of silver fish in return. He's not just a taker.

Plus, he's too much of a big fat fatty to jump up on the counter inside, so as long as you keep your expensive food there and leave him Frisky Bitz outside to feast on, he's happy. If you leave sashimi where Tubbs can get it, that's on you.

I've theorized ESTP for Tubbs. Allow me to explain. Choosing the SP temperament for Tubbs seemed a slam dunk, given his free-spirited and sensate nature. He visits often, and sticks around after he empties the food bowl, so I believe he's an extrovert. Choosing between T and F was the most difficult choice, since I can't be arsed to learn the functional stacking stuff (esp. considering the most use typology gets in my brain these days is typing virtual kitties). I went with T, just based on Tubbs' general vibe. But now I'm sort of thinking I was wrong. Tubbs cares.

Point
Counterpoint

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Apparently you can rename the cats. My name for Tubbs reflects my complicated relationship with him. He's my problematic fave, TBH. Which makes me think he might be an ENTP- a type I am either attracted to or repulsed by, or in some cases both.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8771.jpg
    IMG_8771.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_8770.jpg
    IMG_8770.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 298

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I checked this game out dunno why but it's relaxing and now i really want a kitty

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
In all seriousness, this game is better than meditation apps.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've never used a meditation app but it is really relaxing

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
tubs is god, he's transcended type

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Tubs has not visited me yet but Smokey has the one who visits the most is snowball

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
[MENTION=24643]Frosty[/MENTION], get some Frisky Bitz for your food bowl, if you haven't already- the Thrifty Bitz that are free don't attract many kitties. The Glorious Abomination won't come unless you put out Frisky Bitz or better for him.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
But wait on using Ritzy Bitz or better until you have the yard expansion and can put it inside.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=2]Ivy[/MENTION] Why is this game so relaxing? TBH it looks kind of stressful.

I ask because in theory, meditative+cats=something I DEFINITELY want in on. But if it involves collecting things, then it seems like it would be too addictive to be calming.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
It's just sweet, slow-paced, non-competitive. The kitties bring you gold and silver fish to thank you after they visit, and you use the fish to buy little things to put out to attract more kitties. The point is to get all of the cats in the game to visit you, but there's no timeline. I think some people do get obsessive ("I need Lady Meow Meow, she'll only visit if I buy the Luxurious Hammock!") but there's really no in-game pressure to do that. If you don't use the app for a few days, they're not like Tamagotchis, they don't die or get sad. It's just fun to see who's there whenever I open the app, buy a new thing if I have enough fish for it, and imagine elaborate backstories for them all.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oh, and another fun thing to do is to take pictures of the cats with the app's camera, and try to get the best shots of each one to express their personality. Like, Socks's personality is said to be "Adventurous" and I just got a pic of him sitting in a sled, all expectant, like he's waiting to take a ride.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Mhm, Im hoping I can use this app to combat stress. Sort of an easy idle thing.