• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Stereo-Types

vaulttec

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Jp means just playing. Gg means good game. It's kind of old. I don't have biases towards NT's in general

Can't you read? You didn't answer my question.
I asked what's wrong with being mysoginistic or racist, based on the premisse NFs were all about respecting other opinions.
I know plenty of internet slangs, thank you.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can't you read? You didn't answer my question.
I asked what's wrong with being mysoginistic or racist, based on the premisse NFs were all about respecting other opinions.
I know plenty of internet slangs, thank you.

Idk where this is going to lead to but I'ma answer anyway...

because it's a silly question.

Because being misogynistic or racist is assuming someone is already "bad" or "wrong" for just being who they are. There's also a difference between respecting and accepting one's own opinion.

vaulttec

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Idk where this is going to lead to but I'ma answer anyway...

because it's a silly question.

Because being misogynistic or racist is assuming someone is already "bad" or "wrong" for just being who they are. There's also a difference between respecting and accepting one's own opinion.

The question has been answered. Thank you.
But if you don't mind me arguing this, why is it wrong to assume someone is bad just because of who they are?
You can assume someone is bad just because this person went on a massacre and killed 100 people with an AR-15.
You can assume someone is bad just because 90% of people like that person end up in jail.
And so on.
There's a thing called morals you know.

Null

-
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A lot of ISFJ stereotypes don't fit me; I'm definitely not a pushover, I enjoy writing commentary, I'm unorganized, usually late, I don't care about duty outside of close relationships and don't have conservative beliefs. Even more, but those are the main parts.

You can assume someone is bad just because this person went on a massacre and killed 100 people with an AR-15.
You can assume someone is bad just because 90% of people like that person end up in jail.
First one is behaviour, not race / gender / etc. Behaviour is what makes your morals. Second one is hilariously random. (sry for intruding your convo)

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Fueled by ramen rage:
  • likes philosophical discussions
  • not an idiot
  • doesnt blindly follow authority
  • doesnt adhere to society's traditions
  • doesnt force people to live their lives by my standards
  • will let the clean laundry sit in the dryer for 3 days
  • doesnt cook or bake
  • not a housewife
  • not a soccer mom
  • not even a female jesus christ i swear to god there are some people out there who are unaware that isfjs can be male
  • seriously do you even know how many descriptions ive read that refer to the isfj exclusively as she/her

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
seriously do you even know how many descriptions ive read that refer to the isfj exclusively as she/her
Probably about as many as refer to INTJ exclusively as he/him.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Probably about as many as refer to INTJ exclusively as he/him.

Exactly! Many people tend to think of FJ as female and NT as male. It makes so much more sense to just be gender neutral in type description profiles, and yet surprisingly I've seen barely any that actually do that.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I was going to first post that I don't vomit rainbows and unicorns, but now that I think about it, I have found glitter in my saliva on more than one occasion...

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fueled by ramen rage:
  • not an idiot
  • doesnt cook or bake
  • not a housewife
  • not a soccer mom
  • not even a female jesus christ i swear to god there are some people out there who are unaware that isfjs can be male
  • seriously do you even know how many descriptions ive read that refer to the isfj exclusively as she/her

Man you got me laughing so hard [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I only thought you were a female because of your avatar but I knew from your description that you're a male..
I think our mind is set to refer to F types as being female and T types to be males, which is not necessarily true
My INTJ mom has very feminine manners and she's a very naturally beautiful woman, and I know some feelers who are tomboyish and less feminine..

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Bonus for fun:

I'm reading the ISFJ descriptions on the 16 personalities website and I'm going to write down the point that I do and don't agree with.

Agree:
-tendency to be perfectionists
-responsible
-uncomfortable in the spotlight
-reliable and patient
-practical
-shy
-take things personally
-private (obviously more so irl than on a forum where we're encouraged to talk about ourselves and our type)
-reluctant to change

Disagree:
-naturally altruistic and generous (I am pretty selfish and when I do nice things for people it is NOT "natural")
-naturally social (hell no. this crap about ISFJs being the most "extroverted introverts" is sooo NOT me)
-remember details about people (only the ones I personally care about. Otherwise, I'll forget your name 5 seconds after you tell it to me)
-family-oriented (ugh)
-observant/aware of others emotions (I'm more focused on myself and my own emotions/thoughts)
-enthusiastic (more like reluctant)

purplesocks

MBTI Type
ExFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Fueled by ramen rage:
  • not an idiot
  • doesnt cook or bake
  • not a housewife
  • not a soccer mom

One of the best people in my life is an ISFJ male. I adore him. I also suspect one of my professors this semester to be an ISFJ, and he is an older man. He seems like a very calm and sweet guy. Stereotypes are for the weak minded.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm a scientist. Science is not stereotypically connected with Fe-dominance at all. There's actually a surprising number of Fe-dom scientists in my department (including my adviser who is ENFJ as well).

My husband has a degree in Physics and his job is very technical/engineering. If I had to guess about his type and didn't know him, I would say he's a TJ. Definitely not an SJ and not NF, which he is. One of my ENFP's is an interior designer, she's the only person I know, outside of myself, with a stereotypical type job.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Feelers are not the gentle loving caretakers.

Feelers simply feel and have a good connection to their emotional worlds which makes them aware of both positive and negative feelings and positive and negative attitudes. Feelers can be selfish ignorants or abusers just like anyone else can.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't fit any of them.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Stereotypes I fit
Good memory
Eldest child who takes care of practical things in family
Strict
Dry humor
Worrywort
If you hurt my sisters I will murder you in the most painful way imaginable

Stereotypes I don't fit
I lose things all the time
Procrastination
Creative
Doesn't follow tradition blindly
Loves to talk about theories
Not a hard worker

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=25892]Smilephantomhive[/MENTION] The ISTJs that I know and have known often seem to enjoy talking about theories.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=25892]Smilephantomhive[/MENTION] The ISTJs that I know and have known often seem to enjoy talking about theories.

A lot of people say this. I dont know why it's a sterotype.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Probably just a shorthand way to try to differentiate between intj. :shrug: It's my opinion the types are more 'extreme' archetypes/categories anyway - and most ppl probably fall somewhere in the middle. My istj mom for example would totally fit the anti-theory stereotype, but then I don't think she's super mentally geared for theory (reasons that mostly have to do with nothing tied to mbti), and she has other concerns. I am in no way saying this is true of all istj's, as like [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION], I have known a few who have been very able to hold their ground in theory, and maybe enjoyed it (I wouldn't know, am not in their heads). I think there's a spectrum....

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Stereotypes I fit
Good memory
Eldest child who takes care of practical things in family
Strict
Dry humor
Worrywort
If you hurt my sisters I will murder you in the most painful way imaginable

Stereotypes I don't fit
I lose things all the time
Procrastination
Creative
Doesn't follow tradition blindly
Loves to talk about theories
Not a hard worker

I apologize. I totally misread and for some reason I thought you had the "theories" one listed on top. Still, I really do know several ISTJs and they really do have some interesting theories, but then again, my INTJ trainer and an ENTJ that I know are always talking about their theories, too. Shoot...I even have a few of my own. ;)

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Most of the ISTJs I have known like to talk in theory as long as they can see some point to it....and not just hours of brainstorming back and forth. Plus, I would think e5s would tend to like to talking about theories and ideas.