• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type My Face

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Nah, I like hearing about other people and typing them. It's one reason why I'm here. :tongue: And I'd love a video. And if you still think you're ISFJ you should talk to [MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION]. He's an ISFJ that looks ISFP-y on the outside. Your purple text and username are cute, by the way.

Hello I have been summoned *throws up peace sign reflexively*

Multitasking with homework at the moment, so I'll read that's previously been discussed in this thread later, but I can answer questions and stuff too!

LavenderSoda

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hello I have been summoned *throws up peace sign reflexively*

Multitasking with homework at the moment, so I'll read that's previously been discussed in this thread later, but I can answer questions and stuff too!

I'm uploading a video later on; however I hear you're an ISFJ and I want to have a conversation with you. After homework, Of course!

LavenderSoda

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
@CornDispenser [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] [MENTION=23583]21lux[/MENTION] Alright, I created the video! Type away.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I am a writer now. I write stories and poetry. Alot of ISFJs don't seem to have gone down that road.

Writing is wonderful! I wrote a book a few years ago but am not sure I will ever attempt to publish it, as it's more of a personal experience for me--something that I wrote for myself rather than for others... especially since that would invite criticism. :blush: [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] is questioning her type right now, but if she decides she is an ISFJ, then that makes three of us, if you are also an ISFJ!!

I think a lot of authors/writers get mistyped, especially mistyped as NFs, because "S isn't creative" and all that bullshit.

I'm not friendly though. I'm not friendly at all. Haha for many people online I've gotten that I was warm and from my friend, ESFJ. I usually hear that I am a very cold person but I think most people would judge me off of my aesthetic and my introspectiveness.

I would differ from you slightly here; I think I am generally friendly--but I don't look friendly, hehe. I also respond in a very friendly/nice way when people talk to me, but I don't start conversations or smile, and I actively avoid bumping into people so I don't have to talk to them. :p Though I don't think anyone would describe me as cold so much as a loner or just really introverted. I don't think anyone would call me cold necessarily either.

Do you mean that I want to be a functioning person in society? To be honest, I don't. I would be happy with a good job, an expansive vinyl collection with a lot of fixtures and cosy things in my small home/ apartment. I also want a kid. After that I can rot happily with a musical background. Haha, I say this because I notice people say the Fe users care about socialization and how everyone feels. I only care when I notice someone is being unfair and taken advantage of. I am not the one to constantly check up on someone unless I care. I care easily about things and all but being an active member of life and being extroverted isn't one them. I'm not gonna lie, I live in my own bubble. I don't know how a lot of things work because I'd rather not function in society. I just do it because I have to..for financial reasons. I mean I really want a good life, so I have to work for it and one thing I'm not above is a good life and work. Haha.

Omg looking forward to owning my own apartment one day and getting to decorate it exactly how I want and having full control over everything is something I seriously cannot wait for haha.

Fe usually gets a pretty bad rep, I've noticed. Most people seem to have a fairly poor understanding of it (and also of Si). Fe is always seen as being super warm and affectionate and practically selfless, but that description doesn't fit me personally at all. I'm very much self-focused, always in my head. I have a sort of subconscious awareness of social dynamics going on in the background, so quietly that I'm practically oblivious to it, but it's not the forefront of my mind. When I need to do something or make a decision, I'll consider how it will affect other people--if it'll inconvenience or offend someone. But that's about it. I don't go out of my way to help others, but I'm enraged when I see someone being treated poorly or unjustly. I am also a sociology major taking tons of classes such as "social inequality" and "environmental justice" etc. I'm very, very bad at keeping in contact with people/friends beyond my one very best friend... like fuck when's the last time I called my mom idr. She's just never on my mind I don't think about it really. Not because I don't care about her, just because she's not that involved in my daily life anymore. Honestly I really only care about my own comfort and happiness, and just making sure that I don't negatively impact or ruin someone else's happiness by achieving my own. I, also, would rather just drop out of society if I could. Unfortunately I can't thought because governments don't really just let people drop off the map, and all property on this earth is owned by someone now, and because I've been raised in this society for too long and don't have the necessary skills to build my own house, grow my own food, etc. away from other humans. I super feel you on those financial resons though! I don't want to get a job and work 40 hour+ weeks the rest of my life--but I have to, because otherwise people come and take your house away and you live on the streets and starve and die, because "that's life."

I think what fits me about ISFJ is the functions period, except for Fe. I don't believe I use that. I use Si, Ne and that other function I can't think right now.

I used to think I didn't have Fe, too, but then I realized it's because most people have really bad definitions of Fe. It took some talking to my Fe-senpais (like Hard and thoughtlost) to get a better picture of it in my head. It's really not the brainless/mindless people-pleasing function it's made out to be. Yuck.

I actually started a few threads on the matter that might be of interest to you to check out if you haven't already.

This one is about Si and stereotypes: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...si-conservative-semantics-misconceptions.html

And this one about FJs talking about Fe: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...nctions/81133-fjs-describe-fe-understand.html

When I think about the future I am very optimistic because I have these plans and these strong feelings. I know its going to go right and if it doesn't go right I will work to make sure everything goes the way I planned. I have been planning and plotting for years and years and to see my ideas come into fruition is something like a goal to me. Its like if I can do that, If I can live comfortably and achieve my list of things I am fine. I don't want anything else. I care about being comfortable, period and If that means I have to be uncomfortable to remain comfortable I will have to be uncomfortable. The main thing on my list is comfort. I think I obsess over being homeless and being without food because to me a home with nice, cheap; however nice comfortable things and good food is comfort. Don't forget about this music either. I need to have that. Yes, I am into conspiracy theories that make sense. Haha! Like Courtney Love killing Kurt Cobain or the government being against us is definitely something I ponder over.

I do agree with the others that this sounds a bit Ni/Se to me, especially the goals thing, but it also sounds kind of general/vague to confirm a whole typing off of.

Yeah, haha. I signed up to volunteer for something. I know I needed a really good resume so I went and started signing myself up for stuff. I scored this volunteer job as a sort of coach/psychologist for a football team. I hate football and anything that has to do with sports; however it was a good opportunity and I enjoy solving problems for people. So I gave it a go. Yeah, omg, I felt super bad afterwards because I get super passionate about life and success. just need to do well. Its not about pleasing mommy or daddy. Its just about my sense of purpose. I would rather die than fail at my life. Failure to me means not achieving the goals I set out for myself. I'm already beginning to achieve it even before the time slot. Yes, I gave myself a time slot of when I am to achieve these goals. Except a baby. That will come when it comes. Haha.

I know you're asking about MBTI here but this sounds kind of ennegram 3 to me?? Maybe 3w2? What do the others think?

This is also starting to sound like enneagram 3. You care a lot about achievement and you also like creativity, so 3w4? I've never heard of an ISFJ 3 but ISFP 3 isn't as strange. David Bowie was an ISFP 3w4 - can you relate to him?

Oh nvm lmfao I see Corn already addressed that. Yeah I was getting 3 vibes too. I'm less sure on wing.

--

Okay, I'm gonna go watch your video now that I'm done replying to various posts in this thread. :p

I'm really bad at typing people but I thought giving some insights/comments might be helpful, and I can also answer any questions that are asked!! Brb, I'll be back with any video comments I have.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Based on your video I would be more inclined to guess ISFP over ISFJ; you said you're also considering ISTJ because of Si?? I wouldn't call that impossible, but I think you're more likely a feeler. I'm bad at typing because it's hard for me to detect the Pi and Ji functions in other people because they're just so inwardly-focused and I'm a dummy at reading people. :p

Ahhh but I don't know. I'm bad at this lol. I am not a good typer. But I can answer questions you might have!!

LavenderSoda

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Based on your video I would be more inclined to guess ISFP over ISFJ; you said you're also considering ISTJ because of Si?? I wouldn't call that impossible, but I think you're more likely a feeler. I'm bad at typing because it's hard for me to detect the Pi and Ji functions in other people because they're just so inwardly-focused and I'm a dummy at reading people. :p

Ahhh but I don't know. I'm bad at this lol. I am not a good typer. But I can answer questions you might have!!

Okay, well I always hear that I am judgemental but I don't think that makes a judger a judger in the MBTI, right? Okay, well although I don't really understand the cognitive portion because I don't really think it pertains to me, I am open to new ideas. Lets see, I might just be one.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Okay, well I always hear that I am judgemental but I don't think that makes a judger a judger in the MBTI, right? Okay, well although I don't really understand the cognitive portion because I don't really think it pertains to me, I am open to new ideas. Lets see, I might just be one.

Yeah, judgers in MBTI don't mean they're judgmental or anything like that. :laugh: It just goes hand in hand with perceiving.

You should also know that while a lot of the MBTI community adheres to the cognitive functions--the majority, I think--there are still members, even here, who don't agree with them. /DG/ and reckful are the ones that immediately come to mind, I think.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Cool. Funny thing, Ti doesn't mean that people who don't use Ti don't think in their heads, because that's something I do often. ISTJ is an interesting option, too. I didn't think of it until you mentioned it in the video and it's possible, but definitely still ISFP. And that selective friendliness you were talking about, like where you're super nice to people you like but hate everyone else is common to Fi, especially Fi using introverts. The default face is so common to Fi too, I also have it haha. I think you're Se heavy for an ISFP which is why you thought ISFJ since ISFJ is sensing first. Do you relate to your ENTJ mom at all?

LavenderSoda

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cool. Funny thing, Ti doesn't mean that people who don't use Ti don't think in their heads, because that's something I do often. ISTJ is an interesting option, too. I didn't think of it until you mentioned it in the video and it's possible, but definitely still ISFP. And that selective friendliness you were talking about, like where you're super nice to people you like but hate everyone else is common to Fi, especially Fi using introverts. The default face is so common to Fi too, I also have it haha. I think you're Se heavy for an ISFP which is why you thought ISFJ since ISFJ is sensing first. Do you relate to your ENTJ mom at all?

I don't relate to her at all! She's never related to me, ever. She's always telling me the things she doesn't like about me.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
isfjs drive me nuts.

33jj05w.gif