• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] T's no more logical/rational than F's?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I didn't read your last post before I replied, just skimmed it and to be honest I just skimmed the last one too. Anything you say at this point is just gibberish to me. When someone says IJ's are more specifics. And then defends it after I say they are not just wrong but SOOO wrong. Anyway. Have a good night. Yes I'm stuck in a paradigm. You are right. Gosh how do I escape this paradigm that I'm stuck in. Do you tend to create a new paradigm every time someone disagrees with something you say or when you are proven wrong? TEEEHEEEEE

Lmao...I actually look at things from different angles to see and understand where people are coming from. Thats actually part of learning. To dismiss someone because of a disagreement is short sighted and closed minded. I am always open to new perspective, new paradigms because it expands my knowledge and view...aka big picture.

Not to mention you also group post impressions together when you respond because you respond to me based off of a group impression you get also.

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If by logic, you mean valid reasoning in arguments, this is basically a skill that anyone can learn (although I'm not sure what using arguments that are also *sound* would fall under).

Peter Suber, "Truth and Validity"

reason_zpsi8dgqkqi.png

reason2_zpsyfhcecyk.png

Ribonuke

MBTI Type
esTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Where did our INTJ friend go. He ran away from home. What a shame. He named all kinds of authors and then said Se!!! SE SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

For the record, I'm a she.

And I doubt any if this double-posting or "EEEEEEEEEEEE" or "CAN I GET AN AMEN" is going to do much to garner support in your argument, even if you are correct in some aspects; namely that it can be argued with semantics that Feeling is a form of rationality, albeit in moral form.

Nevertheless, I don't see any logic, reason, or ANYTHING rational actually guiding what you are doing on this thread; only spite, based on your first reply and how you went out of your way to say "OP is wrong, thread should be closed". maybe this is my Fe coming into play, but have I ever directly called your opinion into question? I don't believe so, but your 'tude shows, and the way that other people are also reacting to your 'tude shows that this isn't just a personal observation. Maybe I'm not the most "rational" person in your eyes either, but I at least don't actively try to be hostile or condascending.

Where did our INTJ friend go. He ran away from home. What a shame. He named all kinds of authors and then said Se!!! SE SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

This is not a really logical leap, to assume that an INTJ abandoned the thread out of personal reasons because they didn't reply right away.

In spite of being words on a screen, the words are still typed by people that need to take the time to eat and sleep.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Shit. I think there was a typo in there somewhere.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If by logic, you mean valid reasoning in arguments, this is basically a skill that anyone can learn (although I'm not sure what using arguments that are also *sound* would fall under).

Peter Suber, "Truth and Validity"

reason_zpsi8dgqkqi.png
That is a good illustration of how dismissing data that is relevant to a question/system can produce a false conclusion. All of those arguments are based on tunnel vision because they are assuming that the definitions require only one parameter, so it is the luck of the draw whether the conclusion is correct or not. That is a list demonstrating distortions in definition being cranked through a logic machine. Whenever any system, any question is taken to a low enough resolution, you are only dealing in distortions of ideas. The challenge is that most concepts, questions, systems, are complex enough that it is difficult (impossible?) to include every parameter, so we all struggle with this issue of tunnel vision, of taking information to a low resolution, and so it is difficult for us to know anything conclusively.

The same errors in reasoning can occur with F empathy when it only looks at one element within a system and then generates a wholistic conclusion.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nevertheless, I don't see any logic, reason, or ANYTHING rational actually guiding what you are doing on this thread; only spite, based on your first reply and how you went out of your way to say "OP is wrong, thread should be closed". maybe this is my Fe coming into play, but have I ever directly called your opinion into question? I don't believe so, but your 'tude shows, and the way that other people are also reacting to your 'tude shows that this isn't just a personal observation. Maybe I'm not the most "rational" person in your eyes either, but I at least don't actively try to be hostile or condascending.
This is true. Your OP already demonstrated your own suspicion that your point of view might be wrong, along with an explicit invitation to show you otherwise. It can't get much more open-minded than that. I think for the most part this thread has generated some good discussion. For instance, I have always seen logic one way, as a process. [MENTION=12103]Poki[/MENTION] shared his view of it, which is different, and helps me see it in a new way. I will still describe it primarily as a process, but will understand better the limitations of doing so as a shorthand and won't be so quick to correct others who start off with a different usage.

This is not a really logical leap, to assume that an INTJ abandoned the thread out of personal reasons because they didn't reply right away.
Yes, contrary to stereotype, your average INTJ isn't an unfeeling robot who can go hours on a single battery charge, with no breaks for food, sleep, calls of nature, and simple RL obligations. (Though that would certainly allow us to accomplish more than we already do.)

I find this an interesting topic and will continue to follow it as time permits, but see nothing to be gained by continuing to feed this particular troll.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:ninja:

Depends. If it was purposeful then common exit points were locked and it an artinitial tertiary Te was created that exemplified it to a degree that is an extreme version, not normal.

I didn't pick that up as normal tertiary Te in action, it seemed controlled which means it was the puppet of another higher purpose and not left to its own free will. All functions have natural exit points in arguments, discussions, etc. To avoid diffusal for the sake of proving something basically only proves you are trying to prove something, not proving what you are trying to prove. There was so much controlled direction in those responses it was obvious. I once had someone step back and claim stupidity in a subject as a method of avoidance. While these people are generally knowledgable they miss the big picture do to controlled ignorance to reach a conclusion. Theyou are good at talking shit and convincing the uneducated by spouting half truth and half shit. It's almost a I am gonna prove my knowledge and then push shit, wait...I need to push more knowledge...ok, I can preach more shit now. Annoying as hell do to the back and forth nature of the open/close mindseto and the circlarification references that shoot them self in the foot and that happens so much it becomes overwhelming to dispute it all. It's like little logical silos, but the logical proves other logic wrong that loops back into proving what the logic they used as true to be false...hence shooting them self in foot logically and argumentively

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Either T or F, though, very much benefits from being aware of whether a situation requires their preferred logical processing system or the one they may still be developing as well as the ability to recognise your own limitations and the willingness to outsource to someone who prefers the other system and whose judgement you trust.

That is wisdom. It is sort of the end destination to all of this.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
An INTP for example would be very accurate and logical when it comes to details but because they are the most "zoomed" in of all types, the big picture sometimes alludes them because they have a weak Fe. This goes contrary to what most people think about INTP's but it is never the less, accurate. Does that mean INTP's can get their...of course not.

This is precisely what is purposed by Jung and MBTI. It is the logical conclusion to how INTP's process the world. IP's and EJ's focus on details first wtih IP's focusing on specific situational data. Again they are the most zoomed in type. They build from specifics to big picture not big picture to specifics (like INTJ's do).

I'm not evasive. I just don't do what I'm told :). LOLLLL. Ohhh look you have a fan too. How cute. You are not looking for proof. You are looking for things to confirm your own reality. The arguments I'm stating stand on their own. If you can't see that, no amount of proof will make a difference.

IP's FOCUS ON DETAILS FIRST. SIMPLE DIMPLE. Oh and in case you didn't notice in my other post. The proof is Jung and Myers Briggs. Just because you don't understand it, doesn't make it wrong. Oh and just because MOST people don't understand it, doesn't make what I'm saying wrong either.

As I said. THE EVIDENCE IS BRIGGS MYERS. It's the basis of the subject matter we are talking about. it is VERY LITERATELY what the letters represent. That's the discovery, the essence, the entire basis of Jung's work. What else do you want me to say about it? Sorry you missed it?

I'm done with this argument. Go buy BOOKS on MBTI and Jung. And read them. And you will find what I say to be true.

As the old saying goes, you're entitled to your own opinions but you're not entitled to your own facts. Reasonable people can disagree about whether Jung was right or wrong about various things, and there are plenty of aspects of Jung's writings where reasonable people can disagree about exactly what Jung's views were.

Buuut certain aspects of Jung's writings are clear enough that what Jung thought (not whether he was right or wrong) is really more of a factual matter than a matter of opinion. And one of the things that's clear is that Jung thought that Ti-doms — far from being the most "accurate ... when it comes to details," and the most "zoomed in" on the details (at the expense of the "big picture") — were in fact prone to focus first and foremost on their big picture theories at the expense of facts and objective data.

As Jung explained, "introverted thinking shows a dangerous tendency to force the facts into the shape of its image, or to ignore them altogether in order to give fantasy free play."

Jung said that a Ti-dom's theories tended to have their source in the primordial images in the collective unconscious, which "are irrepresentable because they lack content ... and accordingly they seek something to fill them out. They draw the stuff of experience into their empty forms, representing themselves in facts rather than representing facts. They clothe themselves with facts, as it were. Hence they are not, in themselves, a known point d'appui, as is the empirical fact in concrete thinking, but become experienceable only through the unconscious shaping of the stuff of experience."

Jung viewed himself (at the time he wrote Psychological Types at any rate) as a Ti-dom working in a scientific world that was dominated by Te-doms, and here's some of what he had to say about a Ti-dom's relation to (subjective) theory and (objective) facts:

External facts are not the aim and origin of [introverted] thinking, though the introvert would often like to make his thinking appear so. It begins with the subject and leads back to the subject, far though it may range into the realm of actual reality. With regard to the establishment of new facts it is only indirectly of value, since new views rather than knowledge of new facts are its main concern. It formulates questions and creates theories, it opens up new prospects and insights, but with regard to facts its attitude is one of reserve. They are all very well as illustrative examples, but they must not be allowed to predominate. Facts are collected as evidence for a theory, never for their own sake. If ever this happens, it is merely a concession to the extraverted style. Facts are of secondary importance for this kind of thinking; what seems to it of paramount importance is the development and presentation of the subjective idea, of the initial symbolic image hovering darkly before the mind's eye. ...

But no more than extraverted thinking can wrest a sound empirical concept from concrete facts or create new ones can introverted thinking translate the initial image into an idea adequately adapted to the facts. For, as in the former case the purely empirical accumulation of facts paralyzes thought and smothers their meaning, so in the latter case introverted thinking shows a dangerous tendency to force the facts into the shape of its image, or to ignore them altogether in order to give fantasy free play. ...

This kind of thinking easily gets lost in the immense truth of the subjective factor. It creates theories for their own sake, apparently with an eye to real or at least possible facts, but always with a distinct tendency to slip over from the world of ideas into mere imagery. Accordingly, visions of numerous possibilities appear on the scene, but none of them ever becomes a reality, until finally images are produced which no longer express anything externally real, being mere symbols of the ineffable and unknowable. It is now merely a mystical thinking and quite as unfruitful as thinking that remains bound to objective data.​

A-a-and conversely, as briefly noted in that quoted passage, Jung described a Te-dom's thinking as "concretistic," and hence overly tied down by the "facts" and "objective data" at the expense of abstract "interpretation" of the facts. Jung said that extraverted thinking involves ideas that are very closely tied to external physical facts, with a relatively low level of abstraction. As I noted in my first reply to Qlips, in distinguishing Te from Ti, Jung explained that "thinking in general is fed on the one hand from subjective and in the last resort unconscious sources, and on the other hand from objective data transmitted by sense-perception," and Jung classified Te as thinking that was "conditioned in a larger measure by the latter than by the former." Jung said that Te involves concepts that are "not abstract, not segregated, not thought 'in itself,' but ... still embedded in the material transmitted by sense-perception," and Jung noted that, "so far as the recognition of facts is concerned this orientation is naturally of value, but not as regards the interpretation of facts and their relation to the individual. Concretism sets too high a value on the importance of facts and suppresses the freedom of the individual for the sake of objective data."

And those stark differences (as Jung saw it) between Ti-doms and Te-doms correspond to the fact that Jung viewed details vs. big picture as an E/I thing, first and foremost.

Buuut Myers spent years putting Jung's original categories to the test, and she discovered that an extravert was no more likely to be a concrete, fact/detail-oriented type than an introvert — and conversely, that an introvert was no more likely to be a big-picture, factually-insensitive type than an extravert. The modern MBTI slots concrete/abstract (detail/big picture) as part of the S/N dimension. The official MBTI "Step II" Manual notes that Concrete vs. Abstract is the "core facet" of S/N, and explains that S's "are grounded in reality and trust the facts," but "may find it hard to see trends and link facts to the bigger picture."

As PaladinX has previously noted, your notion that IPs and EJs are the "details first" types and EPs and IJs are the "big picture" types is an idiosyncratic opinion that you're entitled to hold as your opinion (although it flies in the face of decades of MBTI data), but it's inconsistent with both Jung and Myers, and you're simply wrong — as a factual matter — to claim that it's "precisely what is purposed by Jung and MBTI."

andresimon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
As the old saying goes, you're entitled to your own opinions but you're not entitled to your own facts. Reasonable people can disagree about whether Jung was right or wrong about various things, and there are plenty of aspects of Jung's writings where reasonable people can disagree about exactly what Jung's views were.

Buuut certain aspects of Jung's writings are clear enough that what Jung thought (not whether he was right or wrong) is really more of a factual matter than a matter of opinion. And one of the things that's clear is that Jung thought that Ti-doms — far from being the most "accurate ... when it comes to details," and the most "zoomed in" on the details (at the expense of the "big picture") — were in fact prone to focus first and foremost on their big picture theories at the expense of facts and objective data.

As Jung explained, "introverted thinking shows a dangerous tendency to force the facts into the shape of its image, or to ignore them altogether in order to give fantasy free play."

Jung said that a Ti-dom's theories tended to have their source in the primordial images in the collective unconscious, which "are irrepresentable because they lack content ... and accordingly they seek something to fill them out. They draw the stuff of experience into their empty forms, representing themselves in facts rather than representing facts. They clothe themselves with facts, as it were. Hence they are not, in themselves, a known point d'appui, as is the empirical fact in concrete thinking, but become experienceable only through the unconscious shaping of the stuff of experience."

Jung viewed himself (at the time he wrote Psychological Types at any rate) as a Ti-dom working in a scientific world that was dominated by Te-doms, and here's some of what he had to say about a Ti-dom's relation to (subjective) theory and (objective) facts:

External facts are not the aim and origin of [introverted] thinking, though the introvert would often like to make his thinking appear so. It begins with the subject and leads back to the subject, far though it may range into the realm of actual reality. With regard to the establishment of new facts it is only indirectly of value, since new views rather than knowledge of new facts are its main concern. It formulates questions and creates theories, it opens up new prospects and insights, but with regard to facts its attitude is one of reserve. They are all very well as illustrative examples, but they must not be allowed to predominate. Facts are collected as evidence for a theory, never for their own sake. If ever this happens, it is merely a concession to the extraverted style. Facts are of secondary importance for this kind of thinking; what seems to it of paramount importance is the development and presentation of the subjective idea, of the initial symbolic image hovering darkly before the mind's eye. ...

But no more than extraverted thinking can wrest a sound empirical concept from concrete facts or create new ones can introverted thinking translate the initial image into an idea adequately adapted to the facts. For, as in the former case the purely empirical accumulation of facts paralyzes thought and smothers their meaning, so in the latter case introverted thinking shows a dangerous tendency to force the facts into the shape of its image, or to ignore them altogether in order to give fantasy free play. ...

This kind of thinking easily gets lost in the immense truth of the subjective factor. It creates theories for their own sake, apparently with an eye to real or at least possible facts, but always with a distinct tendency to slip over from the world of ideas into mere imagery. Accordingly, visions of numerous possibilities appear on the scene, but none of them ever becomes a reality, until finally images are produced which no longer express anything externally real, being mere symbols of the ineffable and unknowable. It is now merely a mystical thinking and quite as unfruitful as thinking that remains bound to objective data.​

A-a-and conversely, as briefly noted in that quoted passage, Jung described a Te-dom's thinking as "concretistic," and hence overly tied down by the "facts" and "objective data" at the expense of abstract "interpretation" of the facts. Jung said that extraverted thinking involves ideas that are very closely tied to external physical facts, with a relatively low level of abstraction. As I noted in my first reply to Qlips, in distinguishing Te from Ti, Jung explained that "thinking in general is fed on the one hand from subjective and in the last resort unconscious sources, and on the other hand from objective data transmitted by sense-perception," and Jung classified Te as thinking that was "conditioned in a larger measure by the latter than by the former." Jung said that Te involves concepts that are "not abstract, not segregated, not thought 'in itself,' but ... still embedded in the material transmitted by sense-perception," and Jung noted that, "so far as the recognition of facts is concerned this orientation is naturally of value, but not as regards the interpretation of facts and their relation to the individual. Concretism sets too high a value on the importance of facts and suppresses the freedom of the individual for the sake of objective data."

And those stark differences (as Jung saw it) between Ti-doms and Te-doms correspond to the fact that Jung viewed details vs. big picture as an E/I thing, first and foremost.

Buuut Myers spent years putting Jung's original categories to the test, and she discovered that an extravert was no more likely to be a concrete, fact/detail-oriented type than an introvert — and conversely, that an introvert was no more likely to be a big-picture, factually-insensitive type than an extravert. The modern MBTI slots concrete/abstract (detail/big picture) as part of the S/N dimension. The official MBTI "Step II" Manual notes that Concrete vs. Abstract is the "core facet" of S/N, and explains that S's "are grounded in reality and trust the facts," but "may find it hard to see trends and link facts to the bigger picture."

As PaladinX has previously noted, your notion that IPs and EJs are the "details first" types and EPs and IJs are the "big picture" types is an idiosyncratic opinion that you're entitled to hold as your opinion (although it flies in the face of decades of MBTI data), but it's inconsistent with both Jung and Myers, and you're simply wrong — as a factual matter — to claim that it's "precisely what is purposed by Jung and MBTI."

Too long, not going to read it all. Read the 1st and last paragraph and got everything I needed to know.

1st paragraph: Right from the cigarette peddlers and global warming deniers playbook. The people can disagree argument is obvious except you aren't saying "I don't know" you are making a specific argument.

Last paragraph: IP's have a situational scope. They focus on data and details first and go deep into specific specialized information. Your 1st paragraph and your last contradict each other. You are not arguing another side and saying this is "unknown" like a cigarette peddler would. That would be a better way to argue because you would not be make factual mistakes that could easily be rebutted you would be making philosophical arguments that would be hard to crack as the story could constantly change. In this instance you seem to still be focused on behaviors and I'm focused on the functions and types of information that combine to form a cognitive step. Through these biases and our environment our behavior is formed. This is why you see such diversity but still have underlying patterns that are consistent.

So for the final time. INTP's FOCUS ON INFORMATION DATA & DETAILS FIRST THROUGH Ti. WHEN ANALYZING SCOPE THIS IS AS ZOOMED IN AS IT GETS. Stop spreading misinformation if are not certain of what you are saying.

For anyone reading this thread. The person above is not to be trusted for information.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I agree that facts are ignored for the sake of big picture. It's what allows a balance between the intricate details of what should be or is without losing sight of the big picture. Not everything always fits into a nice package when it comes to reality. You create priorities based on big picture and the details all fit into this big picture. It's what allows us to be flexible. It's why i allow hacks at work. It's why i don't get stuck on logic, because when it comes to big picture, you need to find the balance and the details while ignored are not dismissed complwtely. This how I see it from my point of view in regard to what you say

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I knew this thread would be a mess unless every single term the OP referenced was defined. :thumbdown:

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Too long, not going to read it all. Read the 1st and last paragraph and got everything I needed to know.

1st paragraph: Right from the cigarette peddlers and global warming deniers playbook. The people can disagree argument is obvious except you aren't saying "I don't know" you are making a specific argument.

Last paragraph: IP's have a situational scope. They focus on data and details first and go deep into specific specialized information. Your 1st paragraph and your last contradict each other. You are not arguing another side and saying this is "unknown" like a cigarette peddler would. That would be a better way to argue because you would not be make factual mistakes that could easily be rebutted you would be making philosophical arguments that would be hard to crack as the story could constantly change. In this instance you seem to still be focused on behaviors and I'm focused on the functions and types of information that combine to form a cognitive step. Through these biases and our environment our behavior is formed. This is why you see such diversity but still have underlying patterns that are consistent.

So for the final time. INTP's FOCUS ON INFORMATION DATA & DETAILS FIRST THROUGH Ti. WHEN ANALYZING SCOPE THIS IS AS ZOOMED IN AS IT GETS. Stop spreading misinformation if are not certain of what you are saying.

For anyone reading this thread. The person above is not to be trusted for information.

Probably needless to say, this reply completely fails to address the main points in my post — which is hardly surprising since, as you confessed, you didn't read most of my post.

And as I explained — and demonstrated, with multiple quotes, in the parts of my post you didn't read — what Jung and Myers and the MBTI folks have said about this issue is essentially a matter of fact, not a matter of opinion, so... to the extent that you're continuing to claim that your highly idiosyncratic take on MBTI type "is Jung and Myers Briggs," you're continuing to remain clueless on the facts.

andresimon

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Probably needless to say, this reply completely fails to address the main points in my post — which is hardly surprising since, as you confessed, you didn't read most of my post.

And as I explained — and demonstrated, with multiple quotes, in the parts of my post you didn't read — what Jung and Myers and the MBTI folks have said about this issue is essentially a matter of fact, not a matter of opinion, so... to the extent that you're continuing to claim that your highly idiosyncratic take on MBTI type "is Jung and Myers Briggs," you're continuing to remain clueless on the facts.

I don't need to read the supporting arguments if the premise is false. You are a waist of my time and I've said it before I've said it again. You can believe what you want, but it would be in YOUR best interest to question what you believe in this instance and explore what I'm saying. And I'll leave it at that. Earlier I said I'm done here but I realize that at the very least some people will read this and it will make an imprint that they might look into. That's a result enough for me.

Bye bye noobie doobie boobie.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Both thinkers and feelers are capable of logical and rational thought, they may just have different ways of going about it.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As far as the INTJ and how he sleep and eats, I don't care. He did run away. Never addressed my last post. Why? He can't. One more person to go :).
Well, you are right about this much. I certainly cannot productively address someone who consistently ignores the facts, cannot substantiate claims, and refuses to address specific questions and critique of what he does lay out in favor of broadbrush whitewashing and occasional namecalling. Fortunately there are others here who are interested in real discussion. Otherwise I would indeed have no alternative but to move on to greener pastures.

For anyone reading this thread. The person above quoted here is not to be trusted for information.
This is now correct as well, but that has been made plain by others already.

wolfy

awsm
Isn't this the old 'emotions=/= Feeling thing?

Basically, the common definition of 'logic' in the laymen's world overlaps greatly with Jung's definition of the rational system Thinkers use. However, Feelers use their own rational system. While emotions are often part of that system as raw informational material, it doesn't mean it's not in fact a rational and quite logical system that processes them. Meanwhile, Thinkers process the information they value using their processing tools. Using the wrong tool for the job at hand (and often taking in the wrong information, or missing the right information, as Poki pointed out), such as using Thinking to analyze a situation that may in fact be better suited to values and empathy is where things go wrong.

And hard as it may to believe, that information does get logically processed by F. Hence, Feelers are logical too.

Either T or F, though, very much benefits from being aware of whether a situation requires their preferred logical processing system or the one they may still be developing as well as the ability to recognise your own limitations and the willingness to outsource to someone who prefers the other system and whose judgement you trust.

I think this is spot on. It was information is valued. What is logical/illogical is determined by the correct action to create the desired/correct result I guess.

T types would have tendency to be illogical in the real world if they were to disregard soft skills as irrelevant. F types if they forgot hard logic.

I wonder how that would look logically...

Jenny is a bitch, therefore I will not give her any of my chocolate. But Jenny is my manager, so I probably should, if she knows I gave the other cute girls some.

Bob is a dick, but talking to him is part of my job, therefore I talk. Hiding certain information but talking pleasantly.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
moved some posts that were off topic to the off topic posts thread

if feeling in need to discuss random things, this forum DOES offer a random thoughts thread! :holy:

Paladin-X

FWIW, going back to my point about the correlation between Thinking and logic:

Jung said:
Under sensation I include all perceptions by means of the sense organs; by thinking I mean the function of intellectual cognition and the forming of logical conclusions; feeling is a function of subjective valuation; intuition I take as perception by way of the unconscious, or perception of unconscious contents