• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump followers invade the capitol

Jaguar

Permanent suspension of Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/TwitterSafety/s...8?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Byedon.

Hellena Handbasket

Daywalker
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It appears to me that this protest was set up so that when Ted Cruz presented evidence of voter fraud, all cameras would be on him and the masses would get to hear it.

So you think Trump had his supporters storm the capital to distract from the proof of voter fraud that Ted Cruz has kept super secret hidden all these months?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I don't think he told them to bust into the capital.

"We're going to have to fight much harder," Trump told supporters at a rally near the White House before the assault, adding: "We are going to walk down to the Capitol, and we're going to cheer on our brave senators, congressmen and women, and we are probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them. Because you will never take back our country with weakness."

'Let us in!': What happened after Trump told his supporters to swarm the Capitol

Scroll down to the tweet with the video and you can hear Trump.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A warrior of the 'revolution' for you, surprised she got pepper-sprayed:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Reading about him going onto the official POTUS account and having that locked down too (since they have a "no sidestep your ban" policy)... oh, what fond memories of having to deal with banned people desperate to have a voice to cry out on the Internetz by any means necessary.....

Lark

You know, is this type of thing not without precedent in the USA's history?

There was some other president who invited his supporters to the Whitehouse's lawn or something for a party and they all got drunk and engaged in a lot of mayhem and invaded the Whitehouse? I think the president himself, who might have had some sort of zany nickname like "old hickory", had to join in driving the invaders away with a big stick.

I'm trying to remember how I know this story, I wish I could recall the name of the president, maybe "mckinley" but I could be wrong about that. It was a story which may be associated with anti-irish racism, gangs of new york style "history", or sort of early anti-democratic thinking about "plebs" or "proles" wrecking things.

So, I wanted to mention that, I also wanted to ask whether or not anyone thinks that the social institutions of a society are not more than their location, buildings, symbolic structures anyway? Its like those memes you used to see with the wee guy in a blazer being asked where places were and showing the first two on a map and then when asked were the third was they would indicate it was in their heart. Or even Mr Miyagi says that karate is in the mind or heart but not the belt someone is wearing.